Open Whispers from the Past, Shadows of the Future

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    As Arthonnen took his place at the front next to Karliah Maramal started "Ah here's the proud groom now. Let's begin the ceremony. It was Mara that first gave birth to all of creation and pledged to watch over us as her children. Do you agree to be bound in love now and forever?"
    "I do now and forever." Karliah said
    "Do you agree to be bound in love now and forever?" he asked
    "I do now and forever." Arthonnen said
    "Under the authority of Mara, the divine of love, I declare this couple to be wed."
    "So" Arthonnen said "To my house for a feast."
    "Yes, my love" Karliah responded

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Malitiasicarius walked up to the newly wed couple and said "I'm afraid you won't be going back to your house you must come to my castle immediately. But if you are so inclined I will order my men to prepare a banquet. Now I think you two will love the castle. And as for you, nightingale we will answer all your questions after we arrive." With that he grabbed them both turned into a swarm of bats and flew to the island on which the grand Castle Volkihar stood.

PSJJJJ

And Periff and Periff.
    (OOC: Take a look at my sig for my character's application.)
    Daahjorrliialudovah heard the sound of his own beating wings and the sound of the howling winds as he flew at the highest altitude of them all. He soared along the thermals, his head high, and watched his prey from down below very closely, eyes moving so minutely that they seemed to vibrate in their sockets. He attuned his hearing much more, but only heard the harsh silence - loneliness, in fact. But this was another type of loneliness, in the place of being confined to his mound of dirt and golz.

The land became one of snow and ice as he continued to glide the northern air currents, with a great golz castle looming in the sea far to the north and west of Keizaal. He banked away from the glaciers as he swooped/will swoop lower to the sea, wings touching the water. He did not raze any villages and farms on the way to wherever it was he was heading, for an unfathomable reason. Daahjorrliialudovah did not care for such petty things in this time. However, he did not know things of this current tense [WHAT IS TENSE] and rocketed toward the castle in the distance. He craned his neck from side to side, watching and waiting for the best opportunity to strike - not only damage, but fear as well. The mountain he had come from lessened in side as he heard once again his own wing beats carried on the wind.

Sid

"Well..." Arthonnen said "I'm never getting used to that." Whilst he said that he looked up then whistled "Nice place you've got here; still I've got a bigger and nicer one back in Morrowind."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I very much doubt it. now let us enter." Malitiasicarius ordered his gatekeeper to open the gate and then opened the large wooden doors. As soon as they entered he yelled "VAMPIRES, prepare a banquet in ceremony of these two's wedding!" The vampires began to rush about.

Sid

"You doubt it" Arthonnen repeated. "You do know who I am don't you. Generations of my family have lived there. Even the wine cellar could fit around 800 people in." Then he sighed "I wish I had just one bottle of Shadowbanish wine. I miss it so dearly. The bitter sweet taste..."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Well. It just so happens I have a large quantity of shadow banish wine here. Anyway i think it would be best if you explained to your wife why she's here." Malitiasicarius replied, he sounded unimpressed.

Sid

"Shadowbanish wine, but there were only sixteen bottles left in the Oblivion Crisis. My father collected them all, and stored them. only for very special occasions." said Arthonnen, "There weren't sixteen bottles in all of Tamriel, only sixteen in Cyrodiil. Oh yes any way, Karliah I would like to introduce you to Malitiasicarius, clan leader of the Volkihar Vampires and Legate of the Imperial Legion. We are working together for one reason. To destroy the Thalmor."
    "The Thalmor... but why?" Karliah replied
    "One Loki, two they are controlling the Empire, not the Emperor. We wouldn't want Marin Septim to have sacrificed his life in Vain" Arthonnen Explained.

Crystal Secret-Fire

Crystal Secret-Fire
    Name: Crystal Secret-Fire
    Race: Nord (with some elven descent from her maternal great-grandfather.)
    Class: Warrior

Biography

Crystal is the estranged daughter of Ulfric Stormcloak after he fell in love with the daughter of Solstheim's Jarl Aeris, Rayne Michaelis. After Rayne found out about Ulfric's past, she asked him what happened. An argument ensued between the two, with Rayne begging Ulfric to open up to her. Ulfric then sent her away, not realising that she was pregnant with his child.

A few months after returning to Whiterun, Rayne meets Balgruuf's court mage, Farengar Secret-Fire. Eventually, she fell in love with him. Shortly after marrying Farengar, Rayne went into labour and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl with her father's ginger blond hair and blue eyes, whom she named Crystal.

Crystal grew up under her stepfather's tutelage, and developed her skills as a battlemage. The first magical feat she performed, at age five, was making a frog dance and sing, much to her father's initial shock-turned-amazement.

On her fifth birthday, Ulfric came to Whiterun to apologise to Rayne for casting her out years ago. There, he meets the young girl. Rayne had already forgiven him, but stated that she cannot leave her husband, which Ulfric accepted. Before leaving, he gives Crystal a small toy bear. She would continue to carry that bear with her for as long as she lived.

When she was eight, Ysolda and her husband, a Khajiit named Ja'Raan, were about to have a baby. Ysolda gave birth to a half-Khajiit boy named Ma'Ori, and then passed out after the birth, and after ensuring his son's safety, he took care of his wife after handing the baby to Crystal to hold onto for a while. This forged a bond between the two.
    When Crystal was ten, her mother had a miscarriage and died as a result. Farengar told Crystal she was the only reason he would have to continue living.

Six years after that, the Thalmor came to Dragonsreach and executed Balgruuf, his biological children, who were adults at the time, Aeris' remaining children, and Farengar, leaving only Proventus, Aeris, Irileth, and Crystal. It was then she grew to despise the Thalmor. However, this did not affect her friendships with other elves.

One day, when Crystal was playing with Ma'Ori after a mead run for Ysolda, she saw Olfrid picking on Fralia and berating her, Crystal decided to stick up for her. Farkas showed up and scared Olfrid off. After that fiasco, Farkas told her that she should think about joining the Companions because her bravery impressed him. She soon developed a crush on him.

Sometime, in the winter, as Crystal and Ma'Ori skated on a frozen lake, Ma'Ori skated onto some thin ice. Using the cane she brought with her, Crystal thought fast and flung Ma'Ori off the thin ice and onto a deep snowbank. Shortly afterwards, Crystal fell in, only to be rescued by Farkas.

After she came to, Farkas asked her if she was okay and immediately recognised her. It was then he learned of her name. He displayed some interest in her through a kiss on the cheek and then left to return to Jorvasskr.

The next day, Crystal went to the Companions and told the Harbinger of her intent to join. After showing her martial arts moves, Vilkas begrudgingly allowed her to join, partly because his brother begged him to let her join.

Afterwards, she is confronted by her grandmother, Aeris, about her sneaking out while she was still recovering from hypothermia. While Aeris was arguing with Njada after the latter called her a "war axe" rather than a "battle axe", (implying that Aeris has something similar to Napoleonic complex) Crystal passed out. Farkas alerted the others and took her to the sleeping area for whelps and laid beside her to keep her warm.

Upon waking up, Crystal had seen Farkas' act of compassion and kissed him in his sleep. Aeris arrived to check up on Crystal and stated that she was as stubborn as her father. Crystal asserts that Farengar was not that stubborn, prompting Aeris to reveal that Farengar was really her stepfather. Then Aeris gave her a medallion with the Stormcloak family crest on it, instructing Crystal to go to Riften and talk to a man named Brynjolf, describing his appearance as a fiery-haired Nord male.

Personality

Despite being a princess, Crystal is very kind and humble, although this has caused much stress among some of the more ill-natured nobles, such as Maven Black-Briar. A few more traits of hers that annoy them as well are her stubborness and courage, as she cannot be intimidated into surrendering.

She also tends to be very maternal towards her friends, becoming protective of her friends when danger arises.

She also has a good sense of humour, such as when she pulls a prank that came from when she successfully performed a spell on a frog.

Crystal does have a knack for pranks, although they use unusual spells.

Crystal is also very loyal to her friends and family, such as when she gets between Tullius and Ulfric to protect them both. This caused a friction in her friendship with Tullius. He eventually forgives her, and their friendship continues.

This loyalty also extends into her romantic relationship with Farkas, whom she refuses to forsake as long as they both live.

Crystal also has an eagerness to make new friends, such as when she attempts to befriend Njada Stone-Arm, which initially end in failure.

She greatly loves her grandmother, who returns the care.

Crystal also possesses a great deal of sympathy towards others, shown when she cries after most of her family is killed, and when she shows shock after finding bruises on a Nord mute she takes into her care.

Talents

Crystal is musically inclined, like her great aunt, and has on occasion used this talent.

She is also very skilled in combat as a result of her grandmother's training and in magic as a result of her mother and stepfather's training.

She is also a good storyteller, such as when she tells ghost stories.

Crystal is also unconsciously able to charm the good out in people, especially males.

Family

Aeris (Grandmother)
    Balgruuf (Grandfather - Deceased)
    Rayne Michaelis (Mother - Deceased)
    Farengar Secret-Fire (Stepfather - Deceased
    Ulfric Stormcloak (Father)
    Dagny (Aunt - Deceased)
    Frothar (Uncle - Deceased)
    Nelkir (Uncle - Deceased)
    Farkas (Mate)

Friends

Njada Stone-Arm - While their relationship started out as antagonistic, Crystal somewhat grew onto Njada during their adventures. Crystal shows some admiration of Njada's honesty and courage.

Aela the Huntress - Crystal looks up to Aela as an older sister-figure. Aela becomes protective of Crystal. Crystal also has this sibling-like relationship with Ria, Njada, Athis, and Vilkas, all Companions.

Star - A mute Nord that Crystal befriends and takes in. Star is given to her by Crystal when she points to a shooting star. While distrustful at first, she becomes very attached to Crystal and develops a relationship similar to that of a mother and daughter. She was abused by her family, which prompted her to run away.

Ma'Ori - A half-Khajiit that Crystal helped a couple bring into the world. She views Ma'Ori as the little brother she never got to have. Wise despite being only nine, Ma'Ori is in tune with Crystal's emotions, such as when he senses her crush on Farkas.

Ingun Black-Briar - Friends since childhood, they were forced apart due to Maven's disapproval of her daughter's friendship, possibly due to having found out Crystal's true paternal origins through shady sources.

Suitors

Farkas
    Brynjolf
    Balimund
    Cicero
    General Tullius
    Narfi
    Nindriel
    Ondolemar
    Belethor
    Hemming Black-Briar
    Sibbi Black-Briar

Enemies

Despite her kind, friendly nature, Crystal is not without enemies.

Maven Black-Briar
    Elenwen
    Alduin
    Lord Harkon

BASIC
    Name - Jy Bloodscale
    Race – Argonian (Werewolf)
    Age - 17
    Class - Assassin
    Hometown - Windhelm Docks
    Laterality - Right Handed
    Sexuality - Bisexual
    Relationship Status - Single
    Affiliations - Dark Brotherhood (Member), Veezara (Love Interest), Scouts-Many-Marshes (Step-Brother).
    Property - N/A
    Alignment - Neutral... Sort of.
    Religion - Follower of the Daedra, specifically Hircine, being a werewolf himself.

APPEARANCE
    Hair – Two horns coming out the back of his head.
    Eyes - Orange, with snake-like pupils.
    Clothing - Elven Armour or Dark Brotherhood Armour.
    Jewellery - Has a ring that increases his sneak, but that’s it.
    Weapons – Two Dwarven swords, and also has throwing knives strapped to his thighs and arms.

SKILLS
    Primary – One Handed, Sneak, Alchemy and Light Armour
    Secondary – Lock picking, Pickpocket, Smithing and Restoration.
    Battle Tactics – He is claimed to be a flash of red and yellow on the battle field. While he prefers cloak and dagger, he is capable of hand to hand combat. He also uses throwing knives for a ranged kill, as he is terrible with a bow.

PERSONALITY
    Positive Traits – Charming, Seems Innocent, Witty and Funny.
    Negative Traits – Rash, Timid but hides it, hates to lose.
    Likes – Killing, His horse Coco, Swimming and Running.
    Dislikes - Thalmor, Stormcloaks and Imperials. Over-Confident people. Magic.
    Aspirations – Hook up with Veezara, and master his beast form.

BIOGRAPHY
    If Jy had to describe Skyrim in one word, it would be cold. And not because of the snow. When Jy first came to Skyrim, he kept hearing a particular phrase whispered to him by the other Argonians he came across.
    “Watch out, egg-brother. The only thing colder than Skyrim is the Nords themselves.”
    Jy thought they were crazy. Jy was wrong.
    He worked on the docks as a kid, with his older step-brother, Scouts-Many-Marshes, helping him out.
    He barely saw the assassin.
    He clung to the shadows of the docks, eyeing up a drunken Nord. Jy was unloading some potions from a boat. The assassin jumped out and slit the Nord’s throat with a quick move of his blade.
    The other Nord embedded an axe in the assassins thigh. He crumpled to the ground and the Nord stood over him, goading.
    As the drunk bought up his axe, Jy’s flying dagger hit him in the chest. He passed one of the potions to the assassin, who he had just realised was an Argonian.
    “I’m Jy Bloodscale.” Jy whispered to him, as he sat down beside him.
    “Veezara, and thanks,” Veezara muttered back, wincing from the pain.
    Jy simply nodded and slipped back inside the Argonian Assemblage, hearing Veezara’s parting words.
    “Consider joining us, Jy.”
    Jy dreamed of the green scaled assassin that night.

((Can I keep Veezara alive? Jyzara! Jy x Veezara!))

When Jy had first joined the Brotherhood, there was some man as Listener. Jy was about 70% sure he was a nord, but Jy couldn't tell the human races apart.

So Jy was surprised to find the Sanctuary in ruins.

Festus was pinned to a tree, or at least it looked like Festus.

Jy ran inside, and everyone's body was burnt beyond recognition.

All except one.

"VEE-ZEE!"

"J... Jy..." A scratchy voice replied. Veezara's body was burnt so bad, and Jy whipped a potion out of his bag and made Veezara drink it.

"Thanks, Jy."

"I'm not going to let you die, Veezara." Jy muttered, and then sat next to an almost motionless Veezara. His chest moved up and down ever so slightly.

"So, what happened?"

"Some Imperials came in and ransacked the place. Bloodbath. I think I took 5 or 4 before I fell unconscious."

Jy nodded, and then sighed.

"We need to go, Veezara, the place will fall apart, sooner or later."

"Ok, help me up?"

"Always." Was Jy's instant reply.

((Just some cute Jyzara fluff. I refuse to let Veezara die. He is too awesome for that. Also, is Cicero dead or alive?))

Crystal Secret-Fire

Crystal Secret-Fire
    Crystal was resting in a campsite near the ruins of Helgen when she saw two figures coming up the road. They both appeared Argonian in appearance. She grabbed her lantern and made her way towards them.

"Are you okay?" She asked them. She continued, "I have a camp up ahead. I'll lead you there to rest."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts