Open Whispers from the Past, Shadows of the Future

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    "Somethings not right..." Arthonnen said as he walked up to the unguarded gates of Solitude "Where's Konahrik... its at the bottom of lake Honrich, isn't it. Right I've no identity protection and a bad feeling. First things first; Karliah, will you marry me?"
    "What... I mean yes, yes I will marry you." She responded, sounding as though she was expecting it.
    "Do you trust me?" He asked.
    "Yes, I do."
    "Good, go to the land I recently purchased, the house must be nearly done. I'm going in."
    "All right, I'll see you soon."
    As Karliah walked off Arthonnen opened the huge gates to Solitude, to be confronted by every single bow of every single guard available in and around Solitude. "All right; this will be fun" he said as he hit the first guard around the back of the head with his staff, and then in his gut, pulled out a knife and rammed it into the guards foot and using the bottom of the staff to ram it through the guards jaw and all the way through the guards skull. He then vanished into the shadows; and picked off guards with his bow, whilst constantly moving. Finally Rikke pulled him out of the shadows and shoved him to the ground. "What the hell do you think your doing. Oh and by the way, your under arrest.
    A few hours later in the Solitude jail General Tullius, briskly walked in and shouted "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE EIGHT DIVINES MADE YOU KILL ALL OF MY GUARD! Firstly Maven Black-Briar and Maul, secondly all of Riften's guard and the Stormcloak General, and now the the entire of the Solitude guard!"
    "One Maven knew too much about me, two Maul was asking for it, three the Riften guard wasn't me and four the Solitude guard started it." Arthonnen replied calmly.
    "Well if you didn't kill all of Riften's guard then who did? Huh" Tullius was obviously not enjoying this
    "What do you know of an Imperial Thalmor Associate?"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I would be very careful how you answer that Tullius. It would be such a shame if you were found dead. And as for you, I have a gift for you." Loki said handing Arthonnen a casket with his family's heads in it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    (You said we can have two characters, right Wolfie?)
    Character Name: Malitiasicarius II
    Class: Nightblade
    Race: Imperial (Vampire Lord)
    Appearance: He is tall and slim. He has a beard and moustache. (Much like Harkon from Dawnguard) He has golden eyes like molten lava and has handsome features. He also has high cheekbones and swept back well-kempt hair.
    Personality: He is cold and unforgiving to those who he doesn't know but is kind and caring to his friends. He is mysterious and a tactical genius. He believes that only two people are above him: Sithis and the Night Mother. Despite being a vampire his will is so strong that he still has his soul.
    Combat Preferences: He uses the Blade of Woe as his favourite weapon and also has a sentient daedric bow called Vortal. He is a master of stealth and is also a remarkable marksman with both a bow and crossbow. If it does get into close quarters combat he will either use his fists,(Vampiric Strength) the blade of woe or his vampire lord form. He is also adept with all schools of magic.
    Miscellaneous/Backround: His grandfather lived during the oblivion crisis and was the champion of Cyrodil. He was in another body but he sacrificed himself to save the Dark Brotherhood by releasing all of his magicka. Sithis brought him back to life in this body however. He used to live in Cyrodill but left after all of the Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries were destroyed. He was caught crossing the border to Skyrim (Games intro) and did all the DB quests and Dawnguard quests. He lives in Castle Volkihar but had converted the vampires to worship Sithis. He is married to Serana and is the adopted brother of Loki

Malitiasicarius was on the balcony by the door to the Soul Cairn when Vingalmo aproached him "My lord I have news for you from Lady Serana. She wishes me to tell you that she has located others who may be of assistance in your fight against the Thalmor." Malitiasicarius stared into the sea of ghosts and growled "Bring them to me!"

Sid

"You." Arthonnen said as cold as ice.
    "Who me?" The Thalmor associate replied. As Arthonnen opened the basket he read the note, "Yours truly" then he saw the contents of the basket and he howled, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I will kill you, mark my words."
    "What is it" Tullius asked
    "My Brothers head" Arthonnen replied. He added "You know Tullius; its not a very good idea locking up a master conjurer, is it?" as he said this two black-purple orbs appeared in his hand, then he pulled a bound bow from the plains of Oblivion, drew it, and aimed it at the Thalmors head, all in one swift movement. "I will avenge him. So who are you any way?"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I am your superior, Loki. Now I will give you one chance. Drop the bow!" However just as Loki finished speaking the wall behind Arthonnen crumbled down revealing a group of about 6 people. All armed and 3 appeared to be vampires. The rest wore the regalia of the Dark Brotherhood. The person at the front, a vampire woman said "We have a proposition for you."

Sid

"You are not my superior." Arthonnen said through gritted teeth. As the wall crumbled Arthonnen fell forward. "Argh..." he cried as a chunk of the wall shattered his shin. He then quickly turned and shot one of the Vampires through the head. "Ha," Arthonnen said as the Vampire turned to mist. Then it reformed, "What, how..." he stuttered. "Don't accept Loki!" he shouted.
    "Oh we have one for you as well." The lead Vampire said
    "Never. I will not work for Vampires!" Arthonnen replied
    "Well how will you get away with a broken leg."
    "Well, I... umm... ah. I don't know." he said meekly. Then he shouted "LOKI, DO SOMETHING!"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Silence!" Loki said to Arthonnen, he then turned to the vampires and assassins "What is this proposition?" The woman replied "We are looking for those willing to fight the Thalmor. We have searched for worthy allies and we think that you may be able to help. We don't want you to join us. Just help us." Loki began to pace "I know what you are. Who you work for. You want Skyrim to remain under imperial control or your own. I am more powerful than you or your master will ever be. The Thalmor will help me take over Skyrim and there is nothing you can do about it!" He then smacked Arthonnen round the head with his sceptre and then shot a blast of magic that sent the woman and her followers flying back into the room. He turned and saw Tullius with a bow drawn and aiming at him. Tullius said to him "You are not leaving here alive." Suddenly Tullius gasped in pain and looked down to see Loki's sceptre prtruding from his stomach. The Loki he was talking to disappeared and as Tullius fell he saw the real Loki behind him, smiling triumphantly. Loki said one word before leaving for the embassy "Nothing!"

Sid

As Arthonnen fell unconscious, he couldn't help but blame himself for all that had happened. As he woke he saw Loki standing triumphantly over the body of Tullius. As he crawled over to him Tullius was half-dead. "No, no, stay with me Tullius." as he tried to stem the flow of blood with his own fine clothes, Arthonnen was pushed away by Tullius "You stubborn old Imperial, let me help you!"
    "Ah, he he, my vision is darkening, my life force is going. I must appoint a successor. I choose you, Arthonnen Nerevar II." he said constantly coughing up blood through this. "Tell Rikke 'I like treachery, but I cannot say anything good of traitors.' she will know what has happened and that you are General of the Legion in Skyrim."
    "For the Legion?" Arthonnen said
    "For the Legion." Tullius said as he died. Arthonnen decided that mourning could wait for later. He got out a healing spell and used it to heal his leg, as well as his other minor cuts and bruises. He got up and confidently strode out, told the guard to give him all his armour. As he equipped the Ebony, he remembered all the missions Tullius had sent him on, most recently Cheydinhal. Thats what took him through Riften. Then he found Rikke at the map table. "I like treachery, but I cannot say anything good of traitors." Arthonnen said bluntly
    "What, did you just say." she replied

"You heard me."
    "Who did i..."
    "Loki. Arrange a gathering tomorrow. Do not tell any one what has happened." After that Arthonnen left.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    The next day Malitiasicarius went to Arthonenn's gathering at Castle Dour. He perched himself in the shadows and turned invisible. Then he waited, like a predator waits for his prey, for Arthonnen to begin.

Loki was also at the gathering however he was not in his tell-tale Thalmor robes. He was in fact wearing fine clothes and he disguised his sceptre as a cane. As Loki was walking around he saw Arthonnen about to give his speech.

Sid

Arthonnen walked to the rail, and over looked the Legion. Then he started "Greetings, Legionaries. Thank you for all coming here today. Yesterday, a tragic event happened. General Tullius was murdered by the Thalmor associate Loki! I am placing a bounty on his head 50,000 septims for him dead; 100,000 for him alive. And in his last breath Tullius, appointed me General of the Legion in Skyrim." This comment brought a lot of jeers from the crowd "Silence. Today I am going to bring the fight, to the Thalmor. Many of you ask who I am. I am an Imperial agent, I track down Thalmor and kill them. Lord Naarifin, was one of the most notable ones i killed. Today I declare war on the Thalmor. Tullius was a great strategist and tactician; but he was honestly a coward. When you were risking your lives fighting for the empire he was sitting in Castle Dour. I however shall change that. I shall fight with you. When you look to your leader, you do not look back, you look to the heart of the fight, and I shall be there. The first battle, be it tomorrow or next year, shall be a point to show we are not the Thalmors dogs. If one man survives, it does not prove the empire is weak. It shows that the empire shall endure. Martin Septim understood this on the day he sacrificed himself. I understand this now. Now we shall not mourn Tullius; he is in Aetherius, feasting with his fathers. Today, I accept my position as General, and my heritage as Arthonnen Nerevar II!" as he shouted this, a huge cheer went up from the legion. As he walked, he had a quick talk with Rikke. "How long till we can mobilize?" Arthonnen asked.
    "Around threeish days." she replied
    "Good, let us take the fight to the Thalmor." he exclaimed
    "Yes sir. Great speech by the way." she added
    "Give me three giants any day." he chuckled
    Then he descended down the stairs and into the rabble that was now the Legion.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Out from the shadows stepped Malitiasicarius. As he said his first word to Arthonnen his invisibility spell wore off "Hello. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Malitiasicarius II. Killer of the Emperor Titus Mede II, slayer of Lord Harkon of the Volkihar, leader of the vampires of Skyrim; and Listener of the Dark Brotherhood. I do believe you have already met my wife Serana and her associates. I also heard that a Thalmor associate bested you, Tullius, Serana and my underlings. This Mage, this Thalmor associate... Is my brother. Now trust me I know my brother and believe me when I say if you want to defeat him you will need all the help you can get. I am here today to ask that you ally yourself with me."

Sid

"Why do you come to me for help, Vampire." he spat out, "I thought you would smell a wolf. Any way can't the pathetic little blood sucking monstrosity take him down on his own."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I do so find a Lycan's impulsiveness... Amusing. Any way, you are well aware that he has the Thalmor army backing him. Now you may join me or perish I have more influence over Skyrim than you ever will I too am a legate and Tullius has no power to appoint a successor. The status of General would fall to another legate. Now I am willing to not tell everyone that as long as you pledge the legion and yourself to my cause. Otherwise I have more inpleasant ways to deal with you." Malitiasicarius threatened, smirking slightly knowing that the elf had no other option

Sid

"Fine" Arthonnen said gruffly "I'll help you, on two conditions. One, none of you vampires attack Heljarchen Hall or Dawnstar. Wouldn't want them coming to burn down my house now would we. And two you retreive the sword of my father; Umbra. Do this and you have me and the Legion on your side"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Your not very knowledgeable are you? Umbra was destroyed years ago. Although I can offer something that you may find to your liking. I was going to give this to you anyway, behold Mehrunes Razor." Malitiasicarius said handing him the legendary dagger. "Meet me at Castle Volkihar, my castle. Its just to the west of Solitude in the sea of ghosts."
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Loki waded through the legionnaires and eavesdropped on Malitiasicarius and Arthonnen's conversation.

Sid

"Not to heavy, not to light; perfect handling. To my liking but not to my style of fighting. I'll keep it; but if any of you, thralls as you would say, come across the Daedric Cresent, the blade of dremora lord Dregas Volar, I would be most obliged if you would give it to me. Any how I'll see you at your castle. I however have a wedding to attend to." Arthonnen said taking the legendary dagger and he leaft.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "I do believe I shall got o your wedding. Your nightingale bride could contribute to the cause to I'll see you there then." And with that he left

Sid

As Malitiasicarius followed him, Arthonnen said "All right To Riften we go."

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Hold still!" He said and then his skin burst open as he turned into a Vampire Lord. Malitiasicarius picked Arthonnen up and then turned them both into a swarm of bats. He then flew them to Riften. When they arrived he turned them back into their mortal forms.

Sid

"Well; that was different." Arthonnen said. "Wait, are you sure you can go into temples, being a vampire and all"

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Yes, in fact I can enter temples as my will is so strong that when I became a vampire I kept my soul. Thus I can enter holy places. Now I am growing bored of your questions let us enter the temple of Mara." He entered, took his seat and waited for the ceremony to begin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts