Open Whispers from the Past, Shadows of the Future

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

tomlfc2000

Elnina gave out a huge sigh of relief. She had managed to stop the woman. "*panting* I, cna help, you... if you desire. I am looking for adventure. I heard a noise but what was?" replied Elnina...

Wolfie

"Fighting. I'm not sure who...ma'am, I'm sorry but can this wait until after this? I need to see.." Her bow-arm tightened as she slid around the forestry that hid them from the scene and into a more cleared spot, in view.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Loki took three steps away from the river before suddenly stopping. He called out "I know your there. Comeout and there will be no more bloodshed!" He fired his sceptre in the vague direction of the archer.

Wolfie

A breath escaped Labrys as she turned to avoid the arrow before realizing that, if she did so, that Elnina would get shot. Without a real thought except Darn it, protect her, bloodthirsty archer-, she slid the other way to deliberately stop the arrow.
    It pierced her through the left shoulder, clear and mean.
    She let out a harsh cry of pain and half-bent, gripping her shoulder and locking her jaw. She scowled and managed to walk forward. The bow in her left hand had disappeared along with her concentration. She paused as light washed over her and she became clearly visible. Dropping her now-bloodied hand, her bound bow appeared back into her left hand. She didn't make any moves to attack, but she was clearly not happy at all. "No bloodshed," she repeated. "HA. And then you fire at me!" She studied him, not bothering to conceal her contempt at his action.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "The attack was not meant to hit you as I did not know your exact location. Now" He smiled "Drop the weapons and I'll be on my way." Whilst he was saying this he cast an illusion of himself in his place after he had spoken and then invisibly walked behind her.

Wolfie

(By the way, I like the quote in your siggie. It's from Loki, I assume? :D)

She snorted. "I will when you will," she replied, deceived. She winced as she strained the wounded shoulder. She snapped off one end of it, took a moment, and drove it out of her shoulder, a mask of pained emotionless coating her face. "I heard fighting," she said afterwards, watching the illusion-Loki.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    (Thanks, an yeah it is from Loki. :) )
    "Yes. That was most likely my fight with a criminal dark elf responsible for the murder of Maven Black-Briar. I defeated him him and blasted him into the river." The illusion Loki said kindly. Meanwhile the real Loki was watching close by but still controlling the illusion Loki.

Wolfie

Too much of a mood change, she thought glumly. "Really?" she said, feining interest slightly.

tomlfc2000

Elnina quitetly proceeded hoping not to alarm Labrys's attacker. She bent over her body and whispered; "Thanks for taking the shot... but what was that?... Who was it?..." asked Elnina as she pulled out an old bandage...

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    (Oh yeah, and by the way it wasn't an arrow he shot you with it was a blast from his sceptre.)
    "Really. He murdered every guard as he went passed and now it is my duty to destroy him." The illusion lied, hoping she wouldn't notice his Thalmor robes.

Wolfie

(Oh lol. Then make her shoulder kinda...idk, burnt from magic. I'm not sure how a pure-magic injury would look like but now I got my mind running on it)

Labrys's eyes narrowed. "Something like that would cause a lot of attention." She began to study the man again. He bore a staff, and for clothes... Thalmor agent? She decided not to mention it. "Where is this man?" she continued in a curious tone, rolling back her left shoulder and glancing at it temporarily. "You're welcome," she replied softly to Elnina as she turned her head.

tomlfc2000

"Where is this man?" replied Elnina her bows and arrows itching to fly at this advisary...

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    As Arthonnen fades in and out of conscious, he is visited by a ghostly maiden. "My child Nerevar, you fought well today, mortally wounded." The figure said, almost singing.
    "Boethiah." Arthonnen groaned in his sleep.
    "Yes, my child. It is I. Go to Knifepoint Ridge, slay the one who has gone astray. Retreive the ebony mail that resides on him. And fulfill your place as my champion." She continued.
    At that moment Arthonnen awoke. "Ah you are awake," said the mysterious Dunmer "Let me introduce myself, I am Karliah, child of..."
    "Queen Barenziah and the thief Nightingale; Mercers looking for you by the way." Arthonnen took over from her.
    "He... He sent you..."
    "No, no I was in a fight with a Thalmor associate, you see, me and them don't get on very well, at all." Arthonnen said. He then got up and walked around their measly camp, and he say a odd gleam. He picked up a bottle, "Ah... some Tamika Vintage 399, very hard to come by now the only way you could have got it is by stealing. May I?" he asked
    "Be my guest" Karliah responded.
    "Where did you get this may I ask?" Arthonnen asked as he took a swig.
    "Oh... um well... the Thalmor Embassy. And you still haven't mentioned you name." She added
    "Well my names Arthonnen." he said quietly
    "Arthonnen Nerevar II perhaps."
    "Dammit, how do you know me. I've been in hiding all my life." he said brusquely.
    "I read your dossier, and you knowing about the wine didn't give me any hint at all" she replieed
    "Anyways, I'm off to Knifepoint Ridge, tag along if you want." and so he set off with Karliah in tow.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    "Well, as I said before I shot him into the river. I assume his body was carried to lake Honrich. Now I really must be going now, there are a lot of things I need to do." Loki tried to contain his next remark but couldn't as it just was in his nature "Your petty concerns are not among them." The real Loki bit his lip.

Wolfie

That last remark snapped Labrys into memory. Her lips carved around the words 'petty concerns...not among them.' Her eyes sharpened. She gave a sudden smile. "Then I'll be seeing you." Unlike what would follow as relief, the air around her seemed to be holding it's breath. Her glittering as she turned, she headed back to her horse, Fear.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    The illusion Loki dissipated and the real Loki stopped charging a spell that he had ready in case things went sour. He now began his long trek back to the Thalmor Embassy.

Sid

Upon arriving at Knifepoint Ridge, Arthonnen cast a lightning rune in the middle of the camp. He then created the illusion to all the bandits outside that a noise had come from that area. At the same time they all walked to the rune which exploded incinerating them all. "Bandits, hmm, pathetic" he said as he strolled calmly into the mine.
    Seeing the Bandit chief, he pulled out one of his many Elven Daggers that he uses as throwing knives, but before he could throw, Karliah shot the Bandit through the chest with an arrow. "Personal vendetta, you see." and she left it at that. As he slowly walked down the stairs he threw the dagger hitting a bandit using an enchanting table. Finally they got the main chamber, and their stood the Dunmer who had gone astray. He then spoke "I have been awaiting someone, bring it on."
    "Karliah I'd prefer to do this alone" he said as he drew Askr-dreyri and impaled the Dunmer in the stomach, and then in the head. The previous champion fell forward gouging a hole with a frostbite spiders fang. Suddenly Arthonnen fell to the floor convulsing in pain. Karliah rushed and gave him an anti-poison. The convulsing stopped but Arthonnen still felt weak. "What will we do with a drunken whaler." he started to sing
    "What? Where did you learn that" Karliah asked
    "Must have been around 4E 26. I was 24 then, I had just cured my vampirism, I got on a Redguard whaling ship at Port Telvannis. I was trying to escape my past. It was what they used to sing." he explained.
    "Please, do continue." Karliah said kindly
    And so he sang.
    "What will we do with a drunken whaler?
    early in the morning
    Stuff him in a sack and throw him over
    early in the morning
    Feed him to the hungry rats for dinner
    early in the morning
    Shoot him through the heart with a loaded pistol
    early in the morning
    Slice his throat with a rusty cleaver
    early in the morning
    Please give me the Armour, it'll give me strength" as he put on the Ebony Mail, A black aura lifted him onto his feet. He heard the ghostly voice of Boethiah in his head. "You have done well, and can call yourself, my champion." After that he decided to carry on his journey to Solitude. Before leaving though, he said to Karliah "I am going to Solitude now, are you sure you'll be safe in the middle of the city."
    "Yes, I'm sure. I'm going with you to the end." She replied. After that they set off together, hand in hand.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Loki barged into the Thalmor embassy and Elenwen said to him "Why have you not informed your client that you have done the deeds?" Loki simply said "I will tell him in a minute. Now I would like to go on a mission which would help both the dominion and me. Now, get me everything you can on a Arthonnen Nerevar!"

Sid

As they were walking Arthonnen said "Karliah, I need to stop off at Dawnstar, to collect a bounty on a giant."
    "Fine, how far?" she responded
    "Oh only not very, just a short walk north." he answered
    "Arthonnen; I was going of the song in my head, and I was wondering, whats a pistol?" Karliah queried
    "Ah well, the original lyrics said "with an iron arrow" my father made a prototype of a "Pistol" it was a new ballistic weapon. Shot soul gem fragments, while being powered with a powdered substance; a mixture of soul gem dust, moon sugar and salt. He dissolved it all in water and then evaporated it making one fine powder. He name it "munitions-powder" when heated it creates a small explosion and black smoke. As he was pro-slavery he tested it on Argonian slaves, and ripped limbs off with it. When i killed him, I took an ebony war-hammer and destroyed it. That's all there is to it, really. Look there's Dawnstar"
    As the Dunmer entered the town a deathly silence fell. "Ugh, a stormcloak city" he entered the White Hall and dumped a package on Jarl Skalds lap. "Open it" Arthonnen commanded, as the Jarl opened the package, he started to speak "Ah, I see you did the bounty mission, bravo." Once the package revealed a giants toe. "As promised here is your reward" once this was said the Jarl gave Arthonnen a purse. Arthonnen peered inside counting the gold Septims. "There's only 1200 Septims in here. The bounty said 2400."
    "Ah yes, you see, I am also giving you some land inside the Pale. For a house." he replied meekly
    "And the supplies." a statement, not an question "And someone to build it for me."
    "Yes, yes of course; done to your blueprints."
    "Good, send my courier with a note to say that it is done." After that Arthonnen and Karliah left the White Hall and continued on their journey to Solitude.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    A Thalmor agent walked into the room and laid a dossier on the table.
    Name: Arthonnen Nerevar II
    Race: Dwemer/Dunmer
    Class: Exiled Morag Tong Master
    Looks: Tall, light grey skin with pure red eyes. Long brown hair. Well built usually travel worn. Surprisingly young as he was born just after the Oblivion Crisis (See Background), heavy burns down the right side of the body. A pure red streak of war paint going up his face until the eye where it splits in two
    Personality: Supports the Imperials but has a strong hate for the Thalmor, as his father was good friends with them but when Red Mountain erupted they didn't come to aid. He swore an oath on the bones of his father he would track them down and destroy them.
    Background: Indoril Nerevar, Chimer King of Morrowind, had an unknown child with a Dwemer maiden and thus began this Family tree. Arthonnen Nerevar I decided to forsake his deal with the Daedric Prince Boethiah for a deal with Molag Bal slowly corrupting his body. Arthonnen Nerevar II fled to the ashlands after this seeking a cure for his vampirism. Upon finding a cure, he took it but it didn't work leaving him with the curse of eternal youth. He then returned home after the Red Mountain erupted and slayed his father and younger brother, shattering Goldbrand in the process. He then searches Tamriel for Thalmor to kill as part of his oath.
    Combat Preferences: Arthonnen's Combat Preferences are either dual wielding daggers, or his ebony sword Askr-dreyri. Also he uses his bow Hefna-almr. Another thing he wields is Lightning, Alteration, Conjuration or Illusion spells.
    Misc: His home is on a hidden island north of Vvardenfell and west of Dagon Fel.
    Loki grinned as he got an idea. "Go to Morrowind, and wipe his family tree from existence and when your done send their heads to him in a basket. Now I'm off to the Winking Skeever." He then left the embassy and went to the Skeever where his client waited.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts