• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShadowGambit

Faster than a fireball? :p

Yes. Dual wield beats everything.

Honeyderp

Sword and board. One on one bash-strike-strike-bash- so on so forth. Never get hit. Two or more things I'm dead. So just run away and shoot them with a fear bow. Then keep running. Or dual wield. But only rarely.

GxMxG

Will-Bender
I loved using the bow so much that I ended up making a new character because I buffed myself to a ridiculous level. The game is just not fun when you aren't getting hit and one shotting dragon priests with a daedric bow.

Right now, on my Dunmer my main offensive is my wide array of illusion spells. Let everyone tear themselves to bits and then swoop in with calm and a back stab with none other than a silver sword

In the near future I plan to try out two new characters that seem insane wicked fun.
1. Khajiit + Heavy Armor = Brawl my way to the Top
2. Sneaky-sneaky and using the POISONED perk as my main attack

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
I used to have an advanced combat style that included stealth and magic, but then I took an arrow to the knee but then I got dawnguard, and now I just turn into a vampire lord and own everything.

Ivory

Let's Player
Using only a one handed sword with no shield or spell. It's much more satisfying to me to block with a sword even if much less effective. Far away I use my Crossbow on tougher enemies (Giants, Dragons, Frost Trolls) and a Bow on weaker ones such as bandits and normal trolls.

Sneaking with my Crossbow!

Valyn

Shoot them with my crossbow until they close, then i switch to dual maces to finish them off.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I don't have any assassin/thief with archery characters. Maybe I should, though.

But my favorite style is two handed. I haven't really played a pure mage yet, though. Still, I'm all about the "sword" in Sword & Sorcery.

ShadowGambit

Hidolfr, you should try the Bound Battle Axe if you like 2 handed weapons.

It is a pretty good one till you reach about level 30.

THAT'S full Sword & Sorcery :)

Also, if you are on PC, you can add some nice mods to bound weapon, like Perks to add enchantment on weapon.

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
Hidolfr, you should try the Bound Battle Axe if you like 2 handed weapons.

It is a pretty good one till you reach about level 30.

THAT'S full Sword & Sorcery :)

Also, if you are on PC, you can add some nice mods to bound weapon, like Perks to add enchantment on weapon.
Really? I've always avoided the bound weapons because I usually RP magically inept characters despite the weapons seeming incredibly awesome. However, I am seriously considering making a Breton to join up with the vampires in Dawnguard and to finally dabble with some magic. I know conjuration is one of the race's strong points, so perhaps he'll wield some bound weapons in between sending his...minions into battle. Any other tips? I also plan on making him relatively stealthy...are there bound daggers?

And, sadly, I'm on console. :sadface:

ShadowGambit

Bound daggers are available through mods only so far. I still don't understand why Bethesda didn't do the full weapon line as bound weapon though. It is not like it will create THAT more coding. Just the meshes...

If you want to play stealthy, avoid destruction spells... they are not very "discreet". Illusion is a must though, and it will save you some perks on the left side of the sneak tree: for me that side becomes obsolete as soon as you get muffle spell and invisibility.

Real stealthy character will also get away with 95% of the tight situation with Frenzy and Pacify spells.

Careful with minions, they are NOT stealthy whatsoever and you cannot control them like you control followers.

Armor are not really necessary. You can go clothes, you shouldn't be hit that often, mostly if you play an archer with bound bow.. I like to go armor, just to be able to reach the armor rating cap, just in case. I go Light Armor then.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
Pure conjuration. There's just something about charging into battle with two thralls and dual-wielding bound swords.