• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
The worst thing about my obsession with fireballs though, I just started a new character in preparation for Dawnguard and I'm banning myself from using destruction magic :sadface:
WHen making a mage, I cant live without destruction! And my obsession is same here with fireball. I don't like frost, Storm and fire are best!

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I never really used storm destruction magic either, though the Storm Atronach is my favourite :D

ShadowGambit

I love storm destruction. Its my favorite when I use destruction.

First, it is the least resisted of the 3 (frost being the most resisted... Normal if you think that most of Skyrim is not really hawaii)

Second, I found the second effect of the storm damage the most useful, mostly against casters and Dragons.

Third, the Storm "low health" perk Desintegrate is the only one of the 3 in my eyes that worth it.

And desintegrate is nice for an assassin. No corpse left, only a pile of ashes... To bad I cannot take a broom and sweep it. Assassin first rule : no witness, no corpse, no clue left behind :)

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I love storm destruction. Its my favorite when I use destruction.

First, it is the least resist of the 3 (frost being the most resist... Normal if you think that most of Skyrim is not really hawaii)

Second, I found the second effect of the storm damage the most usefull,mostly against casters and Dragons.

Third, the Storm "low health" perk Desintegrate is the only one of the 3 in my eyes that worths it.

And desintegrate is nice for an assassin. No corpse left, only a pile of ashes... To bad I cannot take a broom and sweep it. Assassin first rule : no witness, no corpse, no clue left behind :)
Maybe if I make another mage (Which I probably will), I'll try and use storm destruction rather than fire :D

Epic Keith

Maybe if I make another mage (Which I probably will), I'll try and use storm destruction rather than fire :D
Just start using storm after having plenty mana, they take ALOT of it!

And I LOVE The disintigrate perk! I think in my vampire mage, Im making a pure storm mage. But I like the master fire and frost spells so I'm not sure if that can happen with a little impurity, also I love FIREBOLT!! (The spell Hagravens use everytime. ANNOYING!)

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
And I LOVE The disintigrate perk! I think in my vampire mage, Im making a pure storm mage. But I like the master fire and frost spells so I'm not sure if that can happen with a little impurity, also I love FIREBOLT!! (The spell Hagravens use everytime. ANNOYING!)

Yeah, the only thing that sucks about disintegrate is finding a dragon in the middle of a grassy field.

Epic Keith

Yeah, the only thing that sucks about disintegrate is finding a dragon in the middle of a grassy field.
Oh yeah, especially if it's fighting someone else! But usually my dragons end up in front of me.

One problem with disintegrate on dragons is that it sometimes never gives your dragon soul.

Funny thing about it is that you find 3 dragon bones and 3 scales by putting your hand in ashes! xD

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
You get the soul, but you need to find the pile of ashes and literally stand on top of it for a few seconds. xD But I think it's great how you can over-encumber yourself from a pile of ashes.

ShadowGambit

I would say: BETHESDA, MAKE THE BROOM REALLY USABLE :Dragonborn:

ShadowGambit

Nope. I'm a nightblade base character. i just don't use destruction and one-handed much. I heavily rely on Archery and Illusion, but by definition, I'm still a nightblade.

You will also find that a lot of people play sneak/weapon/spell as character. That is the definition of a nightblade. But most build won't be named that way... too "common".

For example, my build is named "Sniper Mage"... nightblade by definition, with a little twist.

I also have a build named "Eldritch Darknight" ... basically a spellsword specialized in necromancy.

Don't forget also that Paladin can be categorized as Spellsword. It is just a specialization.

And welcome to the forum.

mokz

Nope. I'm a nightblade base character. i just don't use destruction and one-handed much. I heavily rely on Archery and Illusion, but by definition, I'm still a nightblade.

You will also find that a lot of people play sneak/weapon/spell as character. That is the definition of a nightblade. But most build won't be named that way... too "common".

For example, my build is named "Sniper Mage"... nightblade by definition, with a little twist.

I also have a build named "Eldritch Darknight" ... basically a spellsword specialized in necromancy.

Don't forget also that Paladin can be categorized as Spellsword. It is just a specialization.

And welcome to the forum.
i`ve always thought that most ppl play purely assassin type...u know...relaying on poison and stabs only,
and iirc from oblivion the nightblades are sneaky type characters that are using magic for their benefit, making alteration/illusion a better choise for them rather than destruction.
Death knights and paladins are prob at the the limit of spellblades but i wouldn't really say they are as paladins by default are using magic for healing and help them against undead while a death knight is using undead to help him in fights while spellswords tend to deal dmg with both weapons and magic.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
Shock Destruction Spells/One-Handed/Illusion/Sneak/Some Light Armor and Some Mage robes. Pretty much what makes up my character Nikten-Tei. I also really like the Ebony and Daedric war axes, I dont use them though, because i wont get as much of a sneak attack bonus as i do with the dagger, but i really wanna butcher some bandit asshole in the face lol.

EDIT: You know what? I'm gonna go on my character right now and make a Daedric war axe with the atronach forge, screw the 30X sneak attack, 12X is just as good lol.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I would have said Sword and Board, but I'm a sucker for 2h weapons these days

2H, Heavy Armour with archery for back up

Tom

Article Writer
on an easy difficulty it would have to be daggers, sneaking around and stabbing people. on master it has to be my new paladin, face to face melee combat with restoration spells and a touch of destruction.