Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I've consulted with the Bard's college to commemorate the saga of Hrisskar:

Hrisskar: Unrelenting Force of Spirit

There once was a lad by the name of Hrisskar
Who traveled through Skyrim both near and afar
His family was slain, in half broke his heart
While a great civil war tore Skyrim apart

He started with nothing and scrounged to survive
Hoping come morning he'd still be alive
But his skill did improve and his legend was born
Clad in full armor he swung his mace with such scorn

Imperials, Draugrs and dragons did fall
As Hrisskar searched, finding every word wall
In the end there was one only Hrisskar could face
And the great Alduin was brought down by his mace

The dragons were beaten, the Empire was too
What was left in Skyrim for our hero to do
He found his small island, watched sunsets from the sand
Having lifted the curse that once plagued this land

BIGwooly

I have no words. Thank you. Amazing, and I'm beyond honored. d:-)

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
oh no.......all these comments are making it feel like....THE END :sadface:

INSTANT 20 REP.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I have no words. Thank you. Amazing, and I'm beyond honored. d:-)
BIGwooly, think of it as just a small token of thanks for the hours upon hours of enjoyment so many people have gotten from both your journal, your dedication and your restrictive play style. I feel like there should be a separate header in the forums for all of the other Hrisskar-inspired journals at this point! We are the ones honored.

Keep up the great work!

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
I honestly can't see how I got any enjoyment out of Skyrim before I started a hardcore character. Half the fun is in traveling the land and getting into small adventures. Fast traveling just seems evil now lol.

ShoCh

You should self publish on Kindle. I mean, if that pile of poo, 50 Shades of Grey, can start out as Twilight fan fiction and then go on to be one of the biggest selling books in English History (!!!!!!!!), then all you need to do is add some S&M to Hrisskar's adventures - and you too will be rolling in the big bucks. And at least YOUR work is well written. :D

BIGwooly

You should self publish on Kindle. I mean, if that pile of poo, 50 Shades of Grey, can start out as Twilight fan fiction and then go on to be one of the biggest selling books in English History (!!!!!!!!), then all you need to do is add some S&M to Hrisskar's adventures - and you too will be rolling in the big bucks. And at least YOUR work is well written. :D

S&M and a journal, I could see that working. d;-p I do think Bethesda might have something to say to me (or their lawyers) if I started charging for writing using their IP. Heheh.

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
S&M and a journal, I could see that working. d;-p I do think Bethesda might have something to say to me (or their lawyers) if I started charging for writing using their IP. Heheh.
Now, now, don't be so quick to dismiss. Change some character names and places, replace some terminology, it could work! As long as someone on the forum doesn't rat you out!

ShoCh

Now, now, don't be so quick to dismiss. Change some character names and places, replace some terminology, it could work! As long as someone on the forum doesn't rat you out!

Exactly - and you can call it something like 'Hrisskar's Adventures in Spaceperimiter'. They'll never connect the two! :)

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
BIGwooly, where exactly is the island Hrisskar makes his home located? I kind of maybe want to mod Hrisskar's journal onto it :)

BIGwooly

BIGwooly, where exactly is the island Hrisskar makes his home located? I kind of maybe want to mod Hrisskar's journal onto it :)

Head out on the road from Riverwood toward Falkreath. As you're passing the lake (it will be on your right) you'll notice a small island just offshore with a camp on it (tent, hanging fish, fire, boat). That's it. d;-)

bulbaquil

Head out on the road from Riverwood toward Falkreath. As you're passing the lake (it will be on your right) you'll notice a small island just offshore with a camp on it (tent, hanging fish, fire, boat). That's it. d;-)

I'm actually making it 17 volumes long (one for each in-game month that passes in Hrisskar's adventure, since it stops in Evening Star 202). Of course this means some months will be much longer than others (e.g. Heartfire 201 is much longer than Frostfall 201 because Hrisskar died a lot more often in Frostfall), but that happens.

BIGwooly

I'm actually making it 17 volumes long (one for each in-game month that passes in Hrisskar's adventure, since it stops in Evening Star 202). Of course this means some months will be much longer than others (e.g. Heartfire 201 is much longer than Frostfall 201 because Hrisskar died a lot more often in Frostfall), but that happens.

That is pure awesomesauce™.

bulbaquil

The first five volumes:

hrisskar_firstfivevols.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts