Immortal Words - Saurano Direnni

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

DEAD IS DEAD - that is the crux of my new journal. There will be no save loading .. period.

GENERAL PLAY RESTRICTIONS
-----------------------------------
- dead is dead (no loading from a previous save)
- difficulty set to 'expert'
- HUD set to 0%
- brightness dropped down 2 notches
- may only apply 5 perk points total
- may not place any perk points in 'sneak'
- may not activate overpowered/unrealistic perks
- may not fast travel (not even via cart)
- may not use in-game map unless at a known location
- if injured by a trap then dead is dead is applied (no exceptions)
- every 10 arrows are considered to weigh 1 pound
- may carry up to 30 arrows max
- must have a hand free to use a potion
- must wait 3 seconds between taking potions during combat
- vampiric infection must be cured within 1 game hour or vampirism is set
- must have hands free to pick up items or search bodies/containers
- must have both hands free to pickpocket
- may only carry 10 lockpicks max
- may not remain crouched for extended periods of time
- may not harvest unreasonable items from bodies (garnets from elk, etc.)
- must wait 1 hour for each animal skinned
- may not loot from bodies that you saw someone else kill (assumed that they looted)
- must sleep for at least 8 hours every day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must eat 3 meals a day (allowed to make rare exceptions)
- must always carry clothing (assumed it is worn under armor)
- may not swim while wearing/carrying armor
- must drop all armor if entering deep water unexpectedly (armor is lost)
- may not enter freezing water unless a boat is available
- may not use game exploits

- a mercenary's fee is for (1) 24-hour period
- a mercenary provides an additional 10% to carry ability
- dead is dead applies to mercenaries

- a horse provides an additional 10% to carry ability
- must be with horse to access carried items
- may never access carried items during combat even if with horse
- horse must be fed 1 meal per day equal to at least 5 health
- horses may only be fed fruits or vegetables
- dead is dead applies to horses

BIGwooly

Tirdas ~ Darkshade Cavern

Oh these words I write that can’t be unwritten! These pages that cannot be torn!

This book that will live forever, and make my immortality legend!

Those fools in Winterhold! To scoff at my imagination. To ridicule my ideas. To oppress my creativity. They have cast themselves from the pages of history. The history I begin today, with this page I write on today. The first of many to come.

So long as I have each in each hand, my immortality is set. It cannot be undone. The soul and paper are bound as one. Their essence is intertwined and inseperable. The book cannot be destroyed, nor the words I lay down in it. And the blackest gem, with no gleam or shine to it’s surface, will restore my life should it be taken from me. So long as I keep the two together, my history shall be everlasting. My words ... my accomplishments ... my very being ... shall never taste the rot of death!

BIGwooly

Sundas ~ Darkshade Cavern

Ji'Jarra thought little of this book when she took it. It simply called for this one’s hand to take it, and she did.

It was the shine of gold in the mage’s satchel that caught this one’s eyes. It was the scent of valuable ingredients that caught her nose. The book just happened to be there. No other reason to take it. But a good enough reason all the same.

But days of travel to find a friendly caravan, and no gold in this one's paw for a book with one written page. Useless tome. Waste of this one's time. Until today.

Today Ji'Jarra rose with the sun and thought to see the words on the single page. Words written by the mage's hand, and full of tongue and strange of intent. Typical speech for a high elf. Many words to dance around meaning.

But this one sees now. This one feels now. This one understands. This book is bound with power, like any legendary sword or helmet. The book is a rock. A fortress. It is not vulnerable to destruction of any kind. It will last as the sands of Elsweyr have, or the snows of Skyrim.

The power is incomplete, though. Ji'Jarra understands this much as well. She made a mistake. She didn't see the darkest gem in the mage's satchel. It's utter blackness hid it in the bottom, and this one cannot take what she doesn't see. This khajit was impatient that the mage would awake at the sound of her heartbeat, and so hurried her mistake to fruition.

And so now many days afoot to return to the cave. Low in the canyon. With waterfall overlooking. But empty she found it. The mage and the gem no longer in residence.

Without the midnight jewel this one's words will stand against time, but her body will not. The gem is the key to the greatest lock. A lock that not even this one can pick without it. Ji'Jarra must find this mage again, and relieve him of the gem.

CHARACTER SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS

------------------------------------------
Ji'Jarra
- must apply level points in a 0-1-4 fashion (magicka-health-stamina)
- must attack a guard at each city to ensure hostility of guards
- may not interact with guards or soldiers
- may not use/learn shouts
- may only use daggers
- may not use a shield
- may not use heavy armor
- may only carry 10% of carry ability
- may not ride horses
- must start with the following:
--- hide armor
--- hood
--- fur boots
--- iron daggers
--- 2 health potions
--- 20 gold

Kaleia

I'm confused. Are you doing a Khajiit? Maybe I'm just having a slow moment, but something's going on that I don't get. o_O

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
I'm guessing it's a Khajiit, given the "can't enter with visible guard". I struggle to see how you're ever going to get into Whiterun, Solitude, or Markarth though... arrest?

Silence

Patience. C'mon guys, let the story spread. He's weaving it here, just gotta let it come.

It'll all be revealed. For now, we see that either the High Elf or the kitty are the main, but their tale intertwines, and I'm sure with good reason. ;)

BIGwooly

Morndas ~ The Shack

So many hours with poor paws in boots. Not until evening light did this one slow. Not until she laid her eyes upon it. A shack in the trees, with no soul apparent as it's owner. Inside a bed, a dresser, shelves and a barrel. A good place for this one to store things. A good place for her to sleep.

But on the dresser lay a book. A journal, as if such irony could be coincidence. But unlike this one's book, the journal on the dresser was nothing but normal paper and binding. No power in it's pages. Easily destroyed by fire or blade or even wet snow.

Inside, the writings of an alchemist. Ji'Jarra grew excited. She is a learning alchemist herself, although mostly as unskilled as with her iron daggers.

According to the writings the alchemist had left to search for more ingredients. Mushrooms to be specific, although this khajit sees mushrooms growing on the trees outside. This alchemist must be in need of special mushrooms. Ji'Jarra would like to know what these are, and have them.

To be safe, this one watched the shack as the stars soared overhead. But as morning came, and with it a light rain, the shack was still empty. So as this one takes other things, this one will take this shack as well. It is her way.

Ji'Jarra needs a home. She is not welcome with her clan anymore. Not after what happened. But Ri'Khar had it coming to him. This one took his amulet. It is not her fault. It is her way. He never should have hit her. Never should have insulted her. It is the clan leader's own fault this one's dagger found his neck while he slept.

And of sleep, this one is tired. All night watching this shack with attentive eyes. This one's eyes must rest now. This bed will do fine for her.

BIGwooly

Yeah I'm confused too. Can we get a backstory?

I totally understand, but rather than write out a big long backstory, it's going to be revealed in bits and pieces throughout the journal, assuming the writer survives. d;-)

BIGwooly

Morndas ~ The Shack

Sleep was good for Ji'Jarra. Her eyes feel young again.

Afternoon has come, and this one has discovered the alchemist has a garden behind the shack. And next to the garden an alchemy station. Ji'Jarra couldn't be happier. She will be making potions today hopefully.

First this one needs to scout the surrounding area though. Just like her clan would do before setting up camp. Ji'Jarra won't have anyone sneaking in on her.

It would also be good to know if there are any caves nearby. Caves are a good place to find mushrooms. This one can't have the alchemist coming back to the shack with a sack of mushrooms. This one is pretty sure the alchemist won't understand that the shack is now Ji'Jarra's.

Neriad13

Premium Member
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The second I laid eyes on the restrictions my heart leaped in my chest, a delicious shiver ran down my spine and I was overcome with a short seizure of joy. I is so excited! :D

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
This one is excited too! He can not believe one would try to play a game such as this with only 5 perks total! This one likes a challenge, but knows when he has been bested!

:D

BIGwooly

Morndas ~ The Shack

It is not good to have emptiness in one's stomach. This one noticed her hunger this afternoon while scouting the forest. She also noticed a deer grazing in the trees ahead. It was graceful and beautiful, but it would be better in Ji'Jarra's belly.

But Ji'Jarra is not a hunter. She doesn't catch her food or kill her food. She takes her food. So when she chased the deer for more than an hour, and sliced at it's hide more times than she can remember, she became very frustrated.

This one stopped to catch her breath and watched the deer continue to flee. It then stopped to catch it's breath as well, mocking this khajit. The deer kept walking, and then from within a trees this one hear a great roar, and a bear charged forth. The deer didn't have a chance, like a snowflake hitting a campfire. It was dead with a single swipe of the beast's claw.

This one was terrified. Her hunger gave way to fear and she slowly backed her way through the trees and out of sight. A hunter she was not, and a slayer of bears she surely wasn't.

So her dinner is now the bear's. He took it from her. He has this one's spirit. It is always better to take what is not yours. But that doesn't mean this one isn't still upset and hungry. Perhaps one day she will take the bear's dinner from him.

Until then, this one has another plan. While continuing her search of the immediate area she located an imperial camp. It is off the road a good bit, pushed up against a high mountain. Surely they have food in this camp. Surely this khajit could make it her own.

She will wait until dark and then take what she can.

BIGwooly

Tirdas ~ The Shack

What a long and unending night. This one found a good spot above the came to watch over it as the sun set behind the mountains. And once darkness came, she waited for several more hours. Best to let the the soldiers get drunk and let the patrols get sleepy.

So it was sometime after midnight that khajit acted. She used her night eye and carefully snuck into the camp. She crept past the horses, which could be tasty themselves, and then slid up next to the tents. But the campfire was bright, and she couldn't risk getting closer.

So she spent an hour circling the camp. This one was so tired and so hungry. One of the soldiers was cooking food over the fire, and the smell filled this cat's nose with a thousand meals. But she could never reach that food. Not unless she ran into the camp and took it right in front of them. An idea, nonetheless.

Ji'Jarra had made it halfway around the camp when she froze in the bushes. Just ahead was a soldier with his back to her. He hadn't noticed this one, but this one had noticed the bag of coins on his belt. Hunger for food will never overcome hunger for gold.

So this one snuck up close behind the imperial, who was oblivious to her. And with deft fingers she undid the tie and loosed the small bag of coins from his belt. And she did it all without making a sound, as was her namesake honor of her clan. This one they had called Ji'Jarra they had also called Feather Fingers. Ri'Khar himself had given her that name, but before she took his amulet.

This soldier did not miss his gold, at least not yet. And Ji'Jarra found her way around the edge of the camp. It was good that she had gone this way, because she found the bodies of a deer and an elk. The soldiers had slain them for food, but there was still plenty of meat on their carcasses.

Khajit filled her belly and took some extra venison for later. And she could have gone home to her shack happy but not for the fact that she had taken gold once already this night. This one knew that the other soldiers would have gold as well, and maybe more.

So she snuck into the camp from the other side now, where the tents housed sleeping soldiers. And from each she took their gold, and from two she took their steel daggers. Khajit should not have iron when steel is available.

Her belly was full. Her pockets were full. But there was a soldier in the camp using an alchemy kit, and this one watched him intently. And when he finished and sat in front of the fire, she threw caution to the wind and snuck up behind him. His gold had to be hers as well. It is her way.

But she was not Feather Fingers this time. It was nearly dawn, and perhaps this one was tired. Her fingers were not fresh, her concentration not keen. And this soldier felt her touch, and rose with a shout.

All around khajit soldiers rose from their slumber and the sound of blades coming loose from their sheaths filled the morning air. This cat felt great fear and ran for her life. Arrows chased her through the morning gloom, as did shouts of imperials many. But Ji'Jarra outran them, and lost them in the trees. Their gold was hers now. It is her way.

BIGwooly

Restriction Update: changed the rule about entering towns

From now on I must attack guards at any city/town/village once to ensure that they are hostile towards me. I only need to attack them once since that will set my bounty as I understand it. This rule change will allow me sneak into towns/villages and still face a threat from the guards. Whereas previously if the guards were friendly then sneaking would be pointless.

BIGwooly

Middas ~ The Shack

This one is shaking right now. What an ordeal she has been through.

Khajit explored further around her home today. She found a village nearby. A river flows past it and the largest mountain rises above it. There may be food to take from there. And gold.

Then this one headed the opposite way, following a road from the hills above. She spotted some wolves on the road below, and then they ran off in a fit. So khajit kept following the road from high above, to see what interested the wolves.

It was an orc. The brute was already fighting off two wolves with his bare hands, and by the time the other two arrive he only had three left to fight. The fight went on and this one watched intently, curious to see how one defeats teeth with fists.

But one of the wolves suddenly took off. It may have been injured or scared, Ji'Jarra is not sure. But what she does know is that this wolf spotted her, and came after her.

This one's twin blades came out and quickly made a bloody mess of the mangy beast. But one of the other wolves was now on it's way as well. Blades sliced air and flesh again, and after a bit of work the second wolf lay dead across this one's boots.

As if the two wolves were not surprise enough for khajit, she looked up to see the orc running up the hill towards her. This one looked around frantically, trying to find a quick escape. But there was none, and the orc was fast.

His fists were strong and his fists struck hard. Her blades were sharp and they struck fast. And in the blink of an eye the orc fell dead, but not to this one's steel. Ji'Jarra thought momentarily that the orc had fallen quickly due to his wounds from the wolves, but she was wrong.

Across her back she felt a blast of cold, followed by a pain so intense it hurts to write about it. Turned she did, to see man with long robes and hands aglow. His magic did great harm, and her blades could not keep up. She felt her life slipping away, and in a moment of sheer fortune this one managed to sheath a blade and find a potion.

Two small flasks of the concoction were in her bag, and both went to work to keep her alive. But despite the return of her health this fight was over. It was time for khajit to flee. She was no match for this filthy mage. Not even close.

So Ji'Jarra tried to run, but she was out of breath. Her energy expended on wolves and orc. The mage favored frost, and his spells slowed her down even more. She couldn't escape, until she saw the cliff to her left. It was a long fall, but the potions had given khajit a chance. The fall would hurt, but it would not kill. The same could not be said for the man in robes.

Khajit fell and landed true. Pain experienced was less than expected. This one was alive, but not safe yet. The mage had not given up, and was finding a safer way down. He was quick on his feet, and would be at the bottom of the cliff shortly.

So Ji'Jarra ran away, as best as this one could with no air in her lungs. Behind her the man reached the road and pursued with zeal. Over fallen trees and through standing trees the chase went on. Past rocks and stumps and wildflowers the two ran together. Step for step.

Nearly killed by wolves this one was thus saved by a wolf. It came from the trees and saw not this khajit, but mage instead. Frost turned from cat to canine, and allowed this one to just barely escape with her life. No more could have been taken from her.

Her feet continued the race, unsure of the proper distance to put between herself and the mage. Right past the shack this one ran. Strange to see something so comforting but to feel no comfort in that moment at all.

Far up the road Ji'Jarra ran, until the grasses gave way to snow. And then she felt safe. Finally.

Her breath recovered and her health regained, she slowly made her way back down the road. The mage could be dead from the wolf, and if not, he had certainly given up the chase by now. A half hour of running this one had done. If not more.

In time, the shack appeared in the trees ahead. This one felt a smile on her lips at the sight of it. And smile vanished as black robes spotted racing through the trees. The mage was still looking for this one. And had found her!

Again Ji'Jarra ran. Again the mage pursued. He was as fast as she, but better conditioned if khajit can believe it. No matter her speed, or her angle, the man caught up to her. And once again his magic burned her skin with cold through hide armor.

This time no health potions to rely on. This time no wolf in sight to distract the robed man. This time khajit had no hope. But still she tried to escape. Only the road was headed uphill through the pass in the mountains. Nothing by high walls of rock on either side. Nowhere to hide. Nowhere to climb. Nowhere to jump to safety.

And then Ji'Jarra remembered the other potions in her bag. So silly to forget about them. Fresh and new, made only the day before by her own hand. Three vials of frost protection. Minimal strength given this one's inexperienced hand. But protection all the same.

She downed each while struggling to run. Frost assaulting her back. The potions would not save this one's life. Death was only delayed.

But by that small amount that death was delayed this one was able to save her own hide. As she ran up the road, and as the mage pursued her, Ji'Jarra came across a man on the road with a large shield and heavy armor.

At first this one expected the warrior to attack, and end this pointless struggle even more quickly. But he did not attack, and this one is still not sure what happened next. Did the warrior attack the mage? Did the mage attack the warrior? Did one intimidate the other?

This one knows not. All she knows is that the frost attack stopped and she was able to slip away. Once again, a single heartbeat away from death, and she had cheated it.

Some hours later, after this one had waited until stars appeared, she headed back down the road with the utmost of care. She didn't find the body of a dead mage, or the body of a dead warrior. So what happened between them this one may never know. But the path was clear and that was all that mattered.

A final stroke of luck was given. A hunter appeared on the road ahead. He was kind to this one and bartered without hate. Two wolf skins and some gold from this one for his rabbit and pheasant meat.

Food. At last!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts