Quest The Forsworn - Skyrim's Third Civil War Faction

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Oh it will be intertwined... this is all still a work in progress. Stay tuned.
The possibilities make shivers run down my spine. Oh how I wish this were a reality! :D

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
If the Forsworn were a part of the civil war, I'd have joined them easily.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Thanks everyone for your patience, added an update, see page 1. As always, your thoughts and ideas are welcome.

PelagiusIV

Simply amazing. This is like a tease. Its such an amazing plot, if only it were actually in the game. Love the idea of uniting the tribes and raging war on the Orc Stronghold. Maybe this will cause the other Strongholds to unite and attack the Forsworn? Cannot wait until the next update.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
My only comment is that, in my opinion, for consistency's sake it should theoretically be possible to defect to the Imperials or Stormcloaks up until the moment you hand the Jagged Crown to Madanach (in much the same way as, in the game as written, you can defect to the Imperials/Stormcloaks up until the moment you had the crown to Ulfric/Tullius).

Problem, of course, is that if you do that, you'd have to deal with the fact that Galmar/Rikke is dead. One possible solution, since after all this is a "from the beginning/total rewrite" sort of thing, would be to include a third-in-command (3IC) for both sides*. If you do Jagged Crown for the Stormcloaks/Imperials), the Stormcloak/Imperial 3IC shows up to spearhead the mission instead of Galmar/Rikke. If you do Jagged Crown for the Forsworn, you kill both sides' 3ICs, but defectors still would have Galmar/Rikke to report to.

And, of course, there's no reason you would have to do that. Presumably, if it was done the way you wrote it, killing Galmar would be the trigger to fail any "Join the Stormcloaks" quests, and killing Rikke any "Join the Legion" quests.

*Yrsarald Thrice-Pierced would be good for the Stormcloak side of this role; as far as I can tell, he just stands there in the Palace of the Kings for all eternity unless you side Imperial and has absolutely no quests, yet is flagged essential. I don't think there's a good Imperial equivalent, though - one would have to be made up.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

I took your advice and amended it, tell me what you think of the revision

Quest: The Jagged Crown
Forsworn agents within the cities have heard rumblings of a plot by both Imperials and Stormcloaks of their desire to obtain the ancient relic, The Jagged Crown, in Korvanjund. Both sides have put a high priority on this and have assigned their best field commanders, Legate Rikke and Galmar Stone-Fist to oversee its recovery. Madanach tasks you with recovering The Jagged Crown and eliminating both commanders.

Upon arrival near Korvanjund, you see the signs of battle. Dead Imperials, dead Stormcloaks. A Forsworn scout informs you that the fighting appears to have continued into the ruins, with both commanders present. You team up with a group of Forsworn to take the fight to both sides inside the ruin.

Once inside, you witness a contingent of Stormcloak soldiers gathering for a large assault. It appears that the Imperials were first on the scene and have progressed deeper into Korvanjund. As you approach the Stormcloaks, they draw their weapons but are not initially hostile. The soldiers part as the burly Galmar Stone-Fist approaches you. Galmar questions why the Forsworn would be way out here. What business would they have so far from The Reach?

Galmar: "Heh. You look like a smart man. Why don't you join us? We've crushed these Forsworn before in Markarth, sent them fleeing to the hills. These savages you brought here, they couldn't possibly appreciate a man of your... talents. Help us recover The Jagged Crown for Ulfric Stormcloak, the TRUE High King of Skyrim!"

You are presented with a choice, join Galmar and renounce the Forsworn or refuse his offer and prepare to battle. Once Galmar is killed, you can progress further into the ruin. (Quest: Join the Stormcloaks FAIL)

(If you choose to side with Galmar, the quest proceeds along the traditional Stormcloak questline, but Rikke is nowhere to be found, apparently she escaped. Quest: Join the Forsworn FAIL, Quest: Join the Empire FAIL)

Leading your Forsworn troop inside, you come across the Imperial contingent as they stand around trying to figure out how to activate the Claw Door. Once again, the commander of the faction questions what the Forsworn are doing so far from home.

Rikke: "Reachmen, I do not know why you are here, but the fire in your eyes concerns me. Know full well that attacking an Imperial patrol will be seen as an act of war. Think wisely before you proceed any farther. I give you this one chance now to leave. You there, why not take up arms with the Empire and fight for a united Tamriel? Stop wasting your obvious gifts running with this rabble."

Again a choice is presented, renounce the Forsworn and help Rikke open the door, or refuse and prepare to battle. Once Rikke is killed, you can loot the claw from her inventory and proceed past the door. (Quest: Join the Empire FAIL)

(If you choose to side with Rikke, the quest proceeds along the traditional Imperial questline. Quest: Join the Forsworn FAIL. If you chose to follow Galmar to this point, no such dialogue is presented as Rikke has somehow escaped Korvanjund.)

Proceed deeper into Korvanjund to recover The Jagged Crown for Madanach and return to Druadach Redoubt.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Theirs some problem I see with this is how do you end the stormcloak / imperial fighting. I mean it's not like they can conquer skyrim when they have barley Enough man power to reclaim the reach and they have no right to the rest of skyrim. Also what happens to calcelmo or the other non reach men .

bulbaquil

Newaryon

Very very nice outline for more alternative. I am on my first run-through and ever since I completed the Cigna Mines scenario I have been trying to avoid killing Reachmen and find a way to build faction with them. Not at all successfully. This would add a lot to a sense of choice in the game world.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
I used to hate them 'cause they were so tough, but then I learned their story and helped them out in Markarth.
Since then some of them don't attack on sight, which is nice. They have really cool gear, and the women look great with their hairstyles, wish they were playable.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I used to hate them 'cause they were so tough, but then I learned their story and helped them out in Markarth.
Since then some of them don't attack on sight, which is nice. They have really cool gear, and the women look great with their hairstyles, wish they were playable.

I use to hunt them down because they were a good adversary & I enjoyed hunting them nearly as much as I enjoyed hunting the Falmer. But, that all changed after doing the Forsworn Conspiracy Quests & then I learnt so much about them that I admired them.

I would love to see the Forsworn become a playable race as well as a whole new Quest Line, something similar to the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild.

bulbaquil

Yeah, I really do think one of the problems is that Markarth is the one major (i.e., walled) city that the main quest never forces you to go to.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Yeah, I really do think one of the problems is that Markarth is the one major (i.e., walled) city that the main quest never forces you to go to.

Markarth, Falkreath and Dawnstar - those are the cities that I never, ever end up in unless I'm horribly lost or sent there by the extremely rare quest that leads there. I visit backwater Morthal a lot more often than glorious Markarth. What's with that?

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
I think this quest line would be easyer to make and fit in to the game if it took place after the civil war and you had a choice to free or conquer the reach. That being said if you can fit thit in well it would be fine. Also I think their should be a way to conquer the reach, like when you join the stormcloacks you have to defeat the imperials

ryguy90

Along with the Native Americans, the Forsworn could have been based of the Irish Celtic tribes who used a similar fighting style of dual sword wielding and gorilla tactics when fighting off the Viking invaders (the Nords). Makes me wish they had war chariots in the game because the idea of a group of Forsworn warrior riding down their foes with swords and javelins is quite an impressive sight in my mind.

Also I am writting my own fan fic called "The History and Culture of The Forsworn." It is a book that is meant to explain things about the Forsworn, like how does their government work, what their relations with the past Jarl of Markarth were like, how do they conduct warfare, and the reason that their weapons and armor, which made out of fur, bone, and wood, are sharper and harder than iron. So if you want me to tell you when I have the first chapter done, let me know.

And before I forget, this is some amazing writing and I hope to see more.

bulbaquil

The relevant fort in the Reach is Fort Sungard (this is the one you fight at in the civil war as written if you need to liberate/regain the Reach) - would there be a battle there (I'd assume it would be controlled by whichever side happened to be in control of the Reach at the time). Would you maybe have to wipe out both the Reach Imperial camp and the Reach Stormcloak camp?

How would Season Unending work after the Forsworn properly retake the Reach? (I'm assuming you're planning on writing something about this.) The game internally treats Whiterun as Imperial from the start even though it's "neutral" (this is why, when you trigger Season Unending without taking either side, Ulfric makes the first demand), but a third-party Reach would mean Stormcloaks and Imperials are on a completely even keel, controlling 2 major holds and 2 minor holds each.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
One word: wow. I love this. I think it would be great if I could join the forsworn. I used to think they were savages, until I researched them. I became fascinated with them (as I have with the dwemer). I am very interested in this and cannot wait to see where this goes :D . By the way, I think I'm forming some ideas in my head. Message me if you want suggestions.

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
By the way on your first post you said Tiber Septim in third era as a 20 year old when actually Tiber Septim's founding the empire or uniting it (I can't remember) was at the end of the second era thus began the third

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts