Quest The Forsworn - Skyrim's Third Civil War Faction

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
One word: wow. I love this. I think it would be great if I could join the forsworn. I used to think they were savages, until I researched them. I became fascinated with them (as I have with the dwemer). I am very interested in this and cannot wait to see where this goes :D . By the way, I think I'm forming some ideas in my head. Message me if you want suggestions.

The forsworn murder innocents, they are cold blooded murderers who shun all non- reachmen

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
By the way on your first post you said Tiber Septim in third era as a 20 year old when actually Tiber Septim's founding the empire or uniting it (I can't remember) was at the end of the second era thus began the third

Good catch, thank you. Corrected it.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
Their story is a sad one, yet I have no sympathy for them. They attack mostly innocent civillians to further their cause and seem to have no grasp of the bigger picture. Sure, they could take Markarth, exhaust their forces, kill many innocents, but for what? To worshp their gods and live happily ever after?

The Thalmor, once done with the weakened empire (or stomcloaks) partially due to the loss of Markarth, the most defendable city in skyrim, would just come in and steamroll the place. The forsworn could'nt take on the empire, so what chance do they have with the Aldmeri Dominion?

Even If given the choice, i'd still side with the empire. But i'm all for the choice.
Some good writing by the way.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Their story is a sad one, yet I have no sympathy for them. They attack mostly innocent civillians to further their cause and seem to have no grasp of the bigger picture. Sure, they could take Markarth, exhaust their forces, kill many innocents, but for what? To worshp their gods and live happily ever after?

The Thalmor, once done with the weakened empire (or stomcloaks) partially due to the loss of Markarth, the most defendable city in skyrim, would just come in and steamroll the place. The forsworn could'nt take on the empire, so what chance do they have with the Aldmeri Dominion?

Even If given the choice, i'd still side with the empire. But i'm all for the choice.
Some good writing by the way.

The People of the Reach would be no threat to the Thalmor, I don't think the Thalmor would even bother with them really. The Forsworn would be happy living in their own closed little world, not like they have aspirations of larger conquests.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
The People of the Reach would be no threat to the Thalmor, I don't think the Thalmor would even bother with them really. The Forsworn would be happy living in their own closed little world, not like they have aspirations of larger conquests.
Thats the problem. The Forsworn have absolutely no idea whats going on. They may have no quarrel with the Thalmor, but the Thalmor have one with them. The Thalmor aim to wipe humanity off the face of the planet and would see them as heretics for not worshipping the eight.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
I'm talking about what they become they started out innocent enough but now they are just bandits
Oh. I see what you mean, I wasn't sure what you meant. I think if someone (Madanach) organized all the little tribes of them living in the hills, they would be less like bandits and more like a serious threat (to the Reach at least).

Stereofanic

Oh. I see what you mean, I wasn't sure what you meant. I think if someone (Madanach) organized all the little tribes of them living in the hills, they would be less like bandits and more like a serious threat (to the Reach at least).
I'm playing a Khajiit who's sympathetic towards the Forsworn in cidhna mine, I'm siding with Madanoch. sad story but murdering is wrong

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
I'm playing a Khajiit who's sympathetic towards the Forsworn in cidhna mine, I'm siding with Madanoch. sad story but murdering is wrong
I think this is all boiling down to morals. Is it justified? I say yes, you say no. I guess we're at a stalemate or something.

Stereofanic

I think this is all boiling down to morals. Is it justified? I say yes, you say no. I guess we're at a stalemate or something.

I agree that the forsworn have a just claim to the reach, they have lost much and have been greatly misunderstood over the long years of their exile. but they reacted wrong, murdering and thieving just makes the invaders cause stronger. But i guess Thonar silver blood is to blame for putting Madanach in prison after he defeated the nordic invadors

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
I agree that the forsworn have a just claim to the reach, they have lost much and have been greatly misunderstood over the long years of their exile. but they reacted wrong, murdering and thieving just makes the invaders cause stronger. But i guess
Ah, I see your point. I think that they might have gone about wrongly. If they had just tried to settle the matter diplomatically there wouldn't have been so much bloodshed. Maybe the Empire could have given the forsworn their own land, in exchange for something. Maybe that something could have been an agreement that the forsworn would not interfere with the parts of the Reach that still belong to the empire. I know the forsworn can do that because they were mostly peaceful and just when they ruled the Reach during the Great War. Also, I think part of the Reach is too small for a kingdom, so maybe Whiterun and Falkreath could fork over some of their land? They have plenty of land that can be given to the forsworn. Heck, I pulled out my map of Skyrim that came with the game and checked. My idea can be done. But it wasn't. Anyway, enough rambling. I've made point/case.

Stereofanic

Ah, I see your point. I think that they might have gone about wrongly. If they had just tried to settle the matter diplomatically there wouldn't have been so much bloodshed. Maybe the Empire could have given the forsworn their own land, in exchange for something. Maybe that something could have been an agreement that the forsworn would not interfere with the parts of the Reach that still belong to the empire. I know the forsworn can do that because they were mostly peaceful and just when they ruled the Reach during the Great War. Also, I think part of the Reach is too small for a kingdom, so maybe Whiterun and Falkreath could fork over some of their land? They have plenty of land that can be given to the forsworn. Heck, I pulled out my map of Skyrim that came with the game and checked. My idea can be done. But it wasn't. Anyway, enough rambling. I've made point/case.

Madanach says in jail after he liberates the reach their will be peace and that's all he wants

Stereofanic

Now that you mention it, I do recall him saying that.

He says it just before he escapes, but what he does to markarth is the opposite of peace aka he kills all the guard he see's and some civilians making molag bal's quest tricky

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
He says it just before he escapes, but what he does to markarth is the opposite of peace aka he kills all the guard he see's and some civilians making molag bal's quest tricky
Even though he kills people and guards, that's during the escape. The Reach hasn't quite been liberated yet, so that's why it wasn't peaceful. Besides, the guards in Markarth are just a bunch of puppets controlled by the corrupt Silver-Blood family.

Stereofanic

Even though he kills people and guards, that's during the escape. The Reach hasn't quite been liberated yet, so that's why it wasn't peaceful. Besides, the guards in Markarth are just a bunch of puppets controlled by the corrupt Silver-Blood family.

I wasn't complaining, guards are annoying and corrupt in markarth

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts