Glitch Greater or Grand Soul Gems

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
What do you do with your Grand or Greater Soul Gems filled with Petty or Lesser Souls ?
Do you just sell them ? , After all they aren't much good for weapon enhancements so most people just sell them.

Or do you dump them to make room when you are overweight, like I just did.

Well then here is a little Glitch for you.

I dumped all my Grand & Greater Gems on the floor that had either Lesser or Petty souls in them as I was overweight & needed to move faster than a slow walk, like I had about 50 of them. When I picked them up 5 min later they were all empty.

UPDATE 1: This also works with Common Soul Gems that have Petty or Lesser souls in them as well.

Update 2: This glitch will work with any Soul Gem that has a soul less that the Gem holding it, for example: If you have a Common Soul Gem with a Petty or Lesser soul in it you can drop it & pick it up empty. Or Drop a Grand Soul Gem with a Common, Petty or Lesser & you will pick it up empty & so forth.

Update 3: This also works with Azura's Star.

So next time just dump all your Grand or Greater Soul Gems on the floor or ground & then when you pick them up again they are EMPTY.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I have been using them to recharge my weapons, this is much better.

Doomy

Petty and lesser I use to enchant daggers with Banish. Sell for about 700g

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
How exactly do you fill empty soul gems? I mean, without using Soul Trap or some kind of staff or spell.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Well you can buy them already filled but I have Soul Trap on both my Ebony Sword & Ebony Bow & I fill heaps.

Teritus

Well you can buy them already filled but I have Soul Trap on both my Ebony Sword & Ebony Bow & I fill heaps.

I obviously had it figured that you can buy them already filled, but I have about 25 gems that are empty and only five full ones. I'm a mage now, so I rarely use swords and only bound bows for archery.

tragik

Premium Member
I obviously had it figured that you can buy them already filled, but I have about 25 gems that are empty and only five full ones. I'm a mage now, so I rarely use swords and only bound bows for archery.

Hope to chime in some here. I am a mage only with no weapons as well, here is what I do.. I found out which weapon my follower likes to use, besides bows because she ALWAYS uses hers. Once I found a battle ax she likes I enchanted it with soul trap. Gave her all my empty soul gems and let her go to town..

Usually I will help a little by bring the bandits health down some and let her get the finishing kills.. You will see the soul move to her body not yours.. Trick is your follower has to have empty soul gems.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
How exactly do you fill empty soul gems? I mean, without using Soul Trap or some kind of staff or spell.

Enchant a weapon to catch souls.

Teritus

Hope to chime in some here. I am a mage only with no weapons as well, here is what I do.. I found out which weapon my follower likes to use, besides bows because she ALWAYS uses hers. Once I found a battle ax she likes I enchanted it with soul trap. Gave her all my empty soul gems and let her go to town..

Usually I will help a little by bring the bandits health down some and let her get the finishing kills.. You will see the soul move to her body not yours.. Trick is your follower has to have empty soul gems.

Okay, that seems to work quite well. But you won't be able to tell when your follower's weapon is out of charge?

tragik

Premium Member
Okay, that seems to work quite well. But you won't be able to tell when your follower's weapon is out of charge?
well how I overcome this is every time I give my follower stuff I go to her weapons. You can see the status then. Have not needs to recharge it but that shouldn't be an issue.

Teritus

But everyone time I use Soul Trap, it says my gem isn't the right size? I'm only using smaller gems now just to get my Enchanting up.

tragik

Premium Member
But everyone time I use Soul Trap, it says my gem isn't the right size? I'm only using smaller gems now just to get my Enchanting up.
from my understanding only certain creatures/NPC will fit into certain soul gems. If you have to small of a soul gem then a person will not fit in it. But if you kill a rabbit it can fit in a grand gem. In a sense wasting the gem. there is a tutorial here that explains which creature will fit into which gem.
OP explains how to fix this issue.

Doomy

It's easier to buy blacks from the mage guild fence. He always seems to get another every few days

Akishme

I believe there's a glitch where your follower wont need their weapon's enchantment recharged.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I believe there's a glitch where your follower wont need their weapon's enchantment recharged.

I haven't encountered anything like that with my follower's weapon, I recharge it regularly.

Akishme

I haven't encountered anything like that with my follower's weapon, I recharge it regularly.
That's just what I read, I wasn't 100% sure because I encountered a glitch that doesn't let me have followers anymore.

TGW

Petty and lesser I use to enchant daggers with Banish. Sell for about 700g

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Can I ask where you found your banish enchantment? I've searched every shop and chest I come across hoping to find just one banish weapon but no luck.

TGW

What do you do with your Grand or Greater Soul Gems filled with Petty or Lesser Souls ?

Well then here is a little Glitch for you.

I dumped all my Grand & Greater Gems on the floor that had either Lesser or Petty souls in them as I was overweight & needed to move faster than a slow walk, like I had about 50 of them. When I picked them up 5 min later they were all empty.

So next time just dump all your Grand or Greater Soul Gems on the floor or ground & then when you pick them up again they are EMPTY.

Nice! Thanks for the tip!

I keep plenty of petty and lesser empty ones on me so this has only happened once but great to know. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts