OOC (18+) A Night at the Manor Labeau

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    You are hereby invited...
    To a night of elegance and comfort at the Manor Labeau.
    Master Labeau would be overjoyed to have you as an honored guest
    to his beautiful new home in the marshes just south of Solitude
    on the 6th day of Sun's Dusk.
    The night will include dinner, fine drinks, dancing and
    other comforts fit for royalty.
    Master Labeau will spare no expense for the comfort of his guests.
    Please RSVP by courier.
    -Paulette Bernard
    Event Coordinator
    -A Night at the Manor Labeau-
    a mystery/horror roleplay
    (Open for Recruiting)

mansion+with+water+body.jpg
    In the marshes just south of Solitude, a wealthy Breton man who is (before now) completely unknown in Skyrim has built a brand new, beautiful grand manor for himself. He has, as any man of high status would (or should), had one of his servants send out an invitation to the wealthy and highly respected folk of Skyrim to attend a party at his new mansion; his intentions clearly being to show off his riches and to make himself known among the different social circles of the province. He hopes to attract the likes of people ranging from the warriors in the hall of Jorvaskr to the thinking people at the College of Winterhold.
    Little is know about Phineas Labeau other than that he seems to have more wealth amassed than all of the richest families in Skyrim combined. His manor is beautiful, sitting prominently atop a hill and surrounded by marsh; the paths around the manor and back to his gardens are paved with marble and embelished by flecks of gold. Mr. Labeau seemingly lives a perfectly luxurious life inside the marvelous gilded doors of his manor... but there's something strange.
    The locals speak, in hushed tones, about curses or black magic. How was the Manor Labeau built? And without a single person in Solitude, not even the poachers that roam the marshes, knowing of its existance until it was completed. Where has Mr. Labeau gotten all of his money? And where did the man even come from?
    Phineas Labeau would easily counter all of these questions with his silver tongue, "Why, I had one-hundred of the strongest Nords I could find working on the construction. My manor was built in a little under a month. It would be easy to miss or disregard." He would smile and take a sip from his tea or pull his smoking pipe from one of the pockets on his jacket as he continued, "And as for the money, and my origins. I come from the family Labeau; a rich and prominent family in High Rock. You may read about them in any history book if you must."
    That is if Master Labeau were willing to lower himself to answering these questions from more common folk. He wouldn't do such a thing.

FROM THIS POINT ON, PLEASE READ EVERY WORD!!! I NEED PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!! :D
    SERIOUSLY, READ EVERYTHING!!! YOU HAVE TO OR I WILL BE ANGRY
    -The Guests-
    Joan Louian (Linamina)
    Garrick Neverwin (Ovalteenies)
    Frelda Knollin (Znowcicle)
    Climbs-Through-Craft (Captain Nagisus)
    -Master Labeau & Staff-
    Phineas Labeau - Manor Owner/Aristocrat (Troll)
    Mrs. Labeau - Master Labeau's Wife (death raider)
    Henry Labeau - The Labeaus' Son (mamali)
    Paulette Bernard - Event Coordinator/Groundskeeper
    Philip Baudin - Butler (dunklunk)
    Lisa Dufont - Maid (Troll)
    Daniel Aemilius - Chef (Troll)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to RSVP to the party, please post a character card here. Unfortunately, for the purposes of keeping this RP the way I want it, I'm only allowing four (4) people to be accepted as guests. Of course, there will be more guests attending the party, but only four of them will be "player characters." Now, I'm not opposed, if someone is interested in applying to play as Mrs. Labeau, Henry or one of the other staff members, to allow it. All I ask is that you post your request to do so here and also PM me. IF you are wanting to play as family or staff, you will need to be willing to work very closely with me to keep this story going in the direction it needs to go. My only restriction in that regard is that I am (without exception) playing as Master Labeau, Lisa (the maid) and Daniel (the chef). Other than that, those characters are free if anyone wants them. Otherwise, I will be making character cards and playing as any family or staff that is not taken by someone else.

For your character card, I'd like to see basically the same as usual:

Name:
    Skills: (keep in mind that this is a party and we are not going to war)
    Appearance: (pictures are nice, but not required)
    Backrgound:
    Personality:

Obviously, since I'm not a stickler, you don't have to follow that compeletly. I would like to see at least a bit of that kind of thing though. If you have read to this point (thank you) please put an underline on the first word of your first post here!

I will be reviewing all character cards that I get and choosing people from there. I will, unfortunately probably be turning people away. So give me your best! The character card is more to give me an idea of what your writing is like so that I can make good decisions for who I want to be guests at "my" party.

A few things to remember:
    • This is a party! Most RP's take place in some kind of difficult time and the characters are going into battle, balls blazing. This, however, is a dignified evening at an aristocrat's home. You will not be bringing weapons or wearing armor.
    • You do not have to be a warrior or adventurer in anyway to be accepted to this RP! Master Labeau would be inviting all kinds of people to his manor. Your character doesn't necesarily have to be experienced in battle at all. You could be a scholar or another rich person who's never lifted a blade or casted a spell in your life. Honestly, I'd be upset if every character card was for a heavy armor warrior or an epic destruction mage. Be creative! I'll be picking and choosing this way!
    • Keep in mind the reason that your character would be invited to this party. Master Labeau would not be inviting just anyone to his home. Your character will have to be famous for something, or highly respected, or rich. Anything that could qualify you to recieve this invite. This should probably show up in the background/history part of your character card.
    • Be creative. Be creative. BE CREATIVE!
    • Have fun. Have fun. HAVE FUN!
    So remember:
    1. RSVP by posting a character card!
    2. Send me a PM if you want to play as one of the family or staff characters!
    3. Have fun and be creative with your character and being in character!
    CONTINUE READING FOR THE RULES AND WHATEVER ELSE I FEEL LIKE WRITING ABOUT!!!

-RULES AND REGULATIONS-
    1. BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN: Number one rule folks. Please please please be creative with your character and your writing. This is very much different from normal RP's and I hope that opens up a whole lot of creative options!
    2. No "Godding" er whatever bro: If your character is overpowered, we're gonna have a problem. This probably wont be much of a problem with this RP.
    3. Keep OOC things in this OOC thread: Please don't post out of character in the private thread when I put it up. Simple.
    4. Killing other players is a no no: You cannot kill another player character without first discussing it with the member responsible for the character. In fact, you should probably not just attack people randomly either. Or steal from them. Let's just play it safe in that regard folks.
    5. Post like a sir: No one line posts. In reality, if you make a post, I want to see at least a paragraph.
    6. I hate to do this but: I'm going to limit you to two posts a day. I've seen many RP's dwindle down because some members were posting like mad and the other's couldn't keep up. It gets ridiculous. So, if we limit it to two posts a day, I think we will get more quality and keep everybody up to speed. And really, that's all I can keep up with. So please, spare me.
    7. I'VE RATED THIS 18+ NOT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO BE 18, BUT BECAUSE THIS RP WILL BE R RATED! I AM ALLOWING PROFANITY, SEX, DRUGS, OR WHATEVER ELSE FLOATS YOUR BOAT!
    Once again, have fun and be polite to your other RPers!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Obviously, this is not your normal roleplay. "So Troll, how's it work?" There's going to be a lot of puzzles for you as a group to figure out. What kind of puzzles? I wont waste time explaining right now (I'll wait til we have our actual team and are ready to go) but it will be much different from the norm. Another thing: You will all have an inventory. Eh? Yes, I'm assuming that most of you enter this party with little more than the clothes on your back and maybe a few septims in your pockets. So, whatever you need (weapons, items or whatever else) will have to be found on the inside. Who knows? You could find something and feel like keeping it a secret from the rest of the characters. In game, only you will be able to know the exact contents of your inventory.

Being in character will be very important. If your character is stuborn, I need you to BE stuborn. If your character is a know-it-all, I need you to BE a know-it-all!

Now, when I say mystery/horror, I mean it. I'm going to try to create an environment in this RP where you may not know everything that's going on. It makes me excited just thinking about it. Basically, I will be playing narrator and the various "NPC's" and you guys will be going along with the story. It's going to be a little bit like one of those "choose your own story" books. But I'll explain it all in time. :D If you've read all this, I want you to please put an * at the end of your first post. (Mr. Mora will be exempt from this since he posted before I put this up and he followed my underline rule) If you do both of these things, and I know that you read everything, I will be happy!

So guys, please post your character cards, and let me know if you want to help me (it would be appreciated) with the other characters. And remember: be creative and have fun! :D

-The Staff & Family Character Cards-
    -Master Labeau-
    "Welcome honored guests and new friends to my humble manor. Please, enjoy yourselves! The night is young and the wine cold!"
    Name: Phineas Labeau
    Race: Breton
    Skills: With charm to match his wealth, Phineas Labeau is considered a smooth talker. His silver tongue and charming smile are capable of making even the most flustered of folk feel more at ease or the stingiest of men give his fortunes away. Master Labeau is learned in Illusion magic and Alchemy but hasn't practiced either in years.. or so he would say.
    Appearance: Standing at about 5'10'' on any given day, he has feeble looking arms and legs. What he lacks in muscle, he makes up for in good looks. His pearly-white smile and clean-shaven face seemingly lie about his age. His wavy, brown hair is often pulled back into a pony tail behind his head, allowing his handsome, hazel eyes to shine through. Master Labeau almost always wears a selection of fine silk shirts, handsome and sturdy trousers, and classy brown or black jackets brought with him from High Rock. One look at this man, and a passerby can tell just about everything they need to know about him; rich, suave, and proper.
    Background: Next to nothing is known about Phineas Labeau. His own wife is likely to know very little about him. What can be said is that he recently moved to Skyrim from High Rock and that he comes from a rich family by the name "Labeau."
    Personality: Kind and charming, but short tempered at the same time. He is very welcoming and warm seeming to most who meet him, but they will soon find out that it does not take much to set Master Labeau off. A bit too much salt in his stew, a bit too little wood on his hearth and Phineas is likely to go off on a vein-in-neck-bulging rampage toward his staff. He is mysterious and likes to keep to himself; allowing others to only know him on a skin deep level. He spends much of his day in his study, alone. Some say that he may have a small issue with drinking too much wine.
    "Why, if it weren't for my books, I might lose it and kill the damned maid."

-The Maid-

"Master Labeau? Yes, he's a stern man... I'd rather not talk about it. Please?"
    Name: Lisa Dufont
    Skills: Lisa has an excellent memory and a fantasic ability to spot dirt on furniture from the other side of a room. She is extrememly valuable to the upkeep of The Manor Labeau. If it weren't for Lisa, Henry's experiments might have the whole place blanketed in dust and ash.
    Appearance: About 5'4'' and slenderly built. She has a sweet, young and pretty face, but it is often etched with worry. Her gorgeous, chestnut colored hair is always pulled back in a bun; a loose strand or two escaping and falling over her face from time to time. She almost always wears her black maid's dress with an apron. Master Labeau was gracious and granted her a new dress and apron to wear on the night of the party.
    Background: Miss Dufont was born and raised on a farm outside of Solitude. Her simple beginnings led to a simple life; milking cows and patching up her father's ripped clothing. She is the most recent hire at The Manor Labeau, only having worked there a matter of a few weeks before the night of the party. She was told that the last maid left because of "job related stress" but has heard whispered rumors that the previous maid was actually murdered by the master of the manor. She is quite unsure whether or not to believe these rumors.
    Personality: Mousy and very quiet. She follows orders seemingly more out of fear than anything. When in the presence of Mr. (or Mrs. for that matter) Labeau, she can often be seen shivering a bit or biting her nails. Lisa wont usualy speak unless spoken to. Her mousy nature hints to something possibly deeper or darker about Lisa's past, but she always shys away from such topics.
    "Th-the Master would like to offer you, h-his honored guest, a selection of the finest wines and ales imported from High Rock. P-please, enjoy."
    -The Chef-

"Phineas? He and I go way back. I work for him because I lost a bet! Ha!"
    Name: Daniel Aemilius
    Race: Imperial
    Skills: Known as the best cook the Imperial Legion had ever seen, his food is exquisite. He also has great skill in combat, mostly with one-handed swords, from his time in the Imperial Army.
    Appearance: Short for a man of his age and race, he makes up for it in muscle. Daniel is extremely burly and gruff looking with tan, leathery skin. He keeps a thick beard on his face, but it rarely is able to hide his large, pearly white smile. His head is shaved (so he doesn't need to cover it in the kitchen, of course). He has a large scar across his right eye, and speaking of eyes, his are a bright blue. He always wears plain, brown colored clothing covered by his lucky apron.
    Background: Daniel served most of his younger life with the Empire's forces. Not only was he known as a fantastic cook among their ranks, he was also revered as a madman on the field of combat. He met Master Labeau while Phineas was in Cyrodiil on a vacation. The two of them, oddly enough got along, and Daniel decided to follow the (then) young aristocrat back to High Rock to seek his next adventure there. And the rest is history. Daniel has never married, but has always had greedy eyes for Mrs. Labeau.
    Personality: Daniel is considered somewhat of a gentle giant. Despite his large (mostly wide) stature, he is as friendly as friendly folk come. He will always greet friends and strangers with a smile and a firm hand-shake. Everything about this man's personality seems almost too friendly. How could a man who was known as a monster of a man-slayer in war be this way? Ah well, don't question it. Accept the bear hug as it comes!
    "Here! Come have a taste of this venison-chop I've just cooked up! I think I've developed a spice the likes of which nobody has ever tasted!"

Name: Alphonse el Valiente
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Javelineer
    Appearance: Medium build, not very muscular. Has short black hair usually carelessly swiped to one side. Though he is a Redguard, his skin is quite pale in comparison to his brothers, though he would still look tan to the average Imperial. Usually wears rich garbments, embroidered with a yellow castle on a red field.
    Fighting style & equipment: Alphonse takes to the field of battle on a lightly armored swift brown horse called Tatar. He is lightly armored himself as well, preferring to throw javelins at his enemies from a distance while protecting himself with a kite shield rather than meeting his foe man-to-man. He is very nimble, though, and if required he can deal some damage at close range.
    Biography: Alphonse is the heir to a noble House of Hammerfell, called 'Castille'. As a nobleman, he lived his life quite peacefully, marrying a woman from another Noble family at the age of 16, and fathered a daughter called Urraca el Valiente a year later. As a nobleman, he of course had combat training as a boy and continued in his later years. A man naming himself Graziano el Valiente claimed to be the rightful heir of Castille, though, and due to a forged document Alphonse and his family were evicted from the lands. Alphonse could not rest easily though, and used his abundance of money to buy a home for his wife and daughter, and set out looking for the real inheritance documents, leading him to all the important cities of Tamriel. Recent sightings place him in Skyrim.

Inventory for this RP:
    Rich velvet clothes, embroidered with the El Valiente coat of arms
    20 septims

^Thanks! I still have to put up "rules" and a bit more info, and I'll look at your character card. I'll probably leave recruiting open until I can get a good number of people to apply so I have more to pick from. :D Tell your friends!

Alright, everything is up and I'M NOW ACCEPTING ANY AND ALL CHARACTER CARDS! I figure I'll recruit for at least a few days, maybe a week! I'm really hoping I get a couple people interested in being staff. It would help me out a lot.

So, give me your RSVP's! Let's see if you've got what it takes to attend "A Night at the Manor Labeau"

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!
    Name: Climbs-Through-Craft (( meaning, he gets through life using his craftiness ))
    Race: Argonian
    Skills: Great at persuasion, crafty, a quick thinker and quite knowledgeable.
    Appearance: 6'7". Quite thin, with long legs and arms. Has bluish-green scales. Has horns that curl round to face forwards. Has whitish yellow eyes with wide pupils, and a rather squared head - the edges of his nose being almost in line with the edges of the back of his head. Normally wears rich clothes, usually with his robes with white wool trim around the sleeves and neck, patterned with swirls and depictions of rather grim scenes involving the fabled werecrocodile on top.
    Background: Climbs-Through-Craft was born in Farrun to Vin-Loa, his father, and Sings-Through-Sorrow, his mother, the humble owners of the Calling Crow, a general shop in the corner of a rather dank street. When he reached 12, he began helping out around the shop, and business boomed due to his strange ability at fooling people into giving him an extortionate amount for the smallest of things with his speech. Once his parents were old enough to retire, he took over the Calling Crow entirely, and quickly developed a small fortune. In a few years, he managed to make enough money to sell the Calling Crow and move to Solitude, where he bought a large house, and a few "friends" to stave off some of the racism. It is there he still lives, in Crowcall Manor (named for his business).
    Personality: Climbs-Through-Craft is very crafty, and great at persuading others. He is a quick thinker, though he often resorts to violence (often pointlessly, as he certainly isn't strong) when he can't solve something. He often makes sarcastic quips about others.*

Linamina

Name: Joan Louian
    Skills: She bears a sultry charm and is an excellent fencer though more for sport than in a real fight. She has a quiet, mischievous nature and likes to work local gossip to her advantage in any situation.
    Appearance:
    images
    Exclude the purple flowers in her hair. Her eyes are an emerald green and her dress fits her form tightly above the waist while the skirt of the dress has a triangular bell shape with a flowery fold.
    Backrgound: Joan was born and raised from a High Rock noble house that invests in caravans and other stock exchange bodies throughout Tamriel. She has spent much of her childhood learning the family buisness and living the typical spoiled, comfortable life of a noble family. After her 18th birthday, her parents became hard pressed to get her into the buisness, and so they often send her in their place to certain meetings of interest and has proven to have quite a silver tongue which has proudly strengthened her family's hold throughout the continent and made them one of the more wealthy families. She has expanded her negotiation tactics as far as even seducing her clients, which after noticing how effective it was she changed her choice of fashion to...strengthen her advantage.
    Personality: Joan holds a passionate, fiery soul conditioned with a nobles demeanor. She's a dirty businesswoman, obviously, but only resorts to violence if someone attacks first. She rarely has a moment where she doesn't stand tall, enjoying the attention of others during leisure time.*

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    I know this is 18+ and I gotta wait 3 more years, but can I save a whole bunch of time by not building a time machine set for 3 years in the future and just join already?

Don't worry about that stuff too much guys :p I just want to make sure everybody knows everything they are getting themselves into. And Mr. Mora, I may ask you to do staff depending on how many applications we get :) Thanks everyone! :D

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    So does that answer my question of whether or not I can join? If so I'll make a character card that isn't one in my sig since none of those characters would work for this rp

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts