The Game of Thrones thread! (Warning: Spoilers will be present!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Ugh, season five. Bad, bad, bad season. Hardhome and Daznak's Pit were the only good things about it. Other than that... the show's gone down the toilet.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
Ugh, season five. Bad, bad, bad season. Hardhome and Daznak's Pit were the only good things about it. Other than that... the show's gone down the toilet.
I have to say, I mostly agree with you. Episodes 1-7 were not fun to watch. Hardhome was a brilliant, brilliant scene, and it introduced Wun Wun, so I'm happy with that; Daznak's Pit was quite good, but I felt like it accidentally made Dany riding Drogon into a comical figure; watching Dany ride off made me chuckle at the absurdity rather than my jaw dropping like it did in the books.

Also, Olly has now killed Ygritte AND Jon. Most hated character 2015?

But yeah, I don't think season 5 even came close to how good season 4 was.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
ok.. I'm sad :sadface: Jon Snow..

And I just realized that the King's guard is The Mountain V2.0

sticky runes

It definitely wasn't one of the strongest seasons. Felt like only half a season with way too many loose ends in that finale. I don't like that church group either. I ended up feeling sorry for Cersei and actually want to see her exact revenge against them. But I want the Tyrells to kick her arse.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
It definitely wasn't one of the strongest seasons. Felt like only half a season with way too many loose ends in that finale. I don't like that church group either. I ended up feeling sorry for Cersei and actually want to see her exact revenge against them. But I want the Tyrells to kick her arse.

I didn't feel sorry for Cersei. What goes around, comes around. I really, really liked the badass Arya xD Very brutal.

I am kinda disappointed with how Stannis has been ended.. I was texting with @Anouck at the time I was watching the finale. She told me in the books, Stannis would never burn his daughter and is an atheist. So he would definitely not burn/sacrifice his daughter for a god. At least, I think..

I'm also wondering what'll happen to Davos. Anouck then mentioned this: "Where's Bran?" and now I'm wondering that too. Kinda weird how you get set up in E10S4 in that cave with that "man" and now a whole season has gone by without Bran his story..

EpicVakarian

They announced a long while ago that Bran's story would be taking a break out from season 5, they'll be back in season 6. Bran's story was the first to exhaust the book material, really, so they wanted to match up with the others, I think.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Season 4 is by far my favourite season. Joffrey died, Oberyn added a whole new flavour, The Hound and Arya were awesome and things truly felt like they were changing. Tywin's had his grandson murdered at his own wedding, like a public display of "How do you like it?"
Things were tense man, it was truly the downfall of house Lannister.

And when at the wedding the dwarf pretending to be Joffrey humped the wolfs head that was on the Robb Stark dwarf.. Right in front of Sansa...

That made me want Joffrey to choke on his own blood the way Arya made somebody in the episode just before.

What was the point of this post again? Oh yeah, season 4 was awesome and I still miss Robb Stark.

EDIT: Also did Robb ever make Jon his heir in the show?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Season 4 is by far my favourite season. Joffrey died, Oberyn added a whole new flavour, The Hound and Arya were awesome and things truly felt like they were changing. Tywin's had his grandson murdered at his own wedding, like a public display of "How do you like it?"
Things were tense man, it was truly the downfall of house Lannister.

And when at the wedding the dwarf pretending to be Joffrey humped the wolfs head that was on the Robb Stark dwarf.. Right in front of Sansa...

That made me want Joffrey to choke on his own blood the way Arya made somebody in the episode just before.

What was the point of this post again? Oh yeah, season 4 was awesome and I still miss Robb Stark.

EDIT: Also did Robb ever make Jon his heir in the show?

Tywin arranged Joffrey's death? I thought that was the work of Olenna.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
No, Tywin didn't do that he cares too much about all that family none sense. What I meant to say was, Tywin was being shown up. Tywin arranged Robbs murder and now his grandson is dying in a similar fashion.

And well then Epic, that wasn't a good idea now was it? That's what he should of done :p

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Bran? Because he didn't even see Snow when he was named the king in the north. Did he do that with Bran or did he just say "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, until I return that will be you." Without naming him his heir as king in the north.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Wait, maybe I'm thinking of Bran? Because he didn't even see Snow when he was named the king in the north. Did he do that with Bran or did he just say "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, until I return that will be you." Without naming him his heir as king in the north.

I think he just said "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell, until I return that will be you."

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I am kinda disappointed with how Stannis has been ended.. I was texting with @Anouck at the time I was watching the finale. She told me in the books, Stannis would never burn his daughter and is an atheist. So he would definitely not burn/sacrifice his daughter for a god. At least, I think..
It's going to happen in the next book. Well, sacrificing Shireen, at least. I assume he'll probably also die in the next book, but it won't be at Brienne's hand, since Brienne never actually goes north.

Also did Robb ever make Jon his heir in the show?
No, nor did he in the books :p
No, he didn't in the show, but yes, he did in the books, in Catelyn V, A Storm of Swords. It is confirmed in the World of Ice and Fire companion app. However, the whereabouts of Robb's will are currently unknown, and it hasn't surfaced since his death. It's believed that one of the great northern families are holding it safely until the time is right to reveal it.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
It's going to happen in the next book. Well, sacrificing Shireen, at least. I assume he'll probably also die in the next book, but it won't be at Brienne's hand, since Brienne never actually goes north.

No, he didn't in the show, but yes, he did in the books, in Catelyn V, A Storm of Swords. It is confirmed in the World of Ice and Fire companion app. However, the whereabouts of Robb's will are currently unknown, and it hasn't surfaced since his death. It's believed that one of the great northern families are holding it safely until the time is right to reveal it.

For Jon Snow :O beautiful

EpicVakarian

So, I've been re-reading the books in preparation for Winds of Winter, in case ol' Georgey-boi fulfils his wish to publish before season 6. About halfway through Storm of Swords part 1 (sort of mid-late season 3 for the non-book-readers :p) and I have done the impossible.

I HAVE FOUND AN INTERESTING BRAN CHAPTER.