• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ilya

Article Writer
    Shade, still trying to come to terms with the pure insanity of everything that had just taken place, shook her head wondering if the group was ready to move on. Everyone, except her, had been pretty seriously wounded in the last room. Poor Harrold was probably worst off. She could tell he wasn't just hurting physically. There was something else going on with him that she chalked up to being emotional. Looking back to him she wondered if moving along so soon was a good idea.

If I only knew a healing spell...she thought to herself. Looking to Kir, she wondered if maybe there was a way he could teach her. "You wouldn't be able to teach me how to use a healing spell, would you?" she asked curiously. "I'm quite nervous going into this place any further without any potions or spells to help heal people if any of us gets hurt.". Glancing back to Harrold with a concerned eye she added, "I also think Harrold needs a bit more attention then he lets on.".

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    "You wouldn't be able to teach me how to use a healing spell, would you?" she asked curiously. "I'm quite nervous going into this place any further without any potions or spells to help heal people if any of us gets hurt.". Glancing back to Harrold with a concerned eye she added, "I also think Harrold needs a bit more attention then he lets on." Kir smiled, "Of course. Actually because of my time researching at the College in Winterhold I can transer some small amounts of knowledge through touch if need be. It's a spell I made along with a courious mage named Tolfdir. " He softly grabbed Shade's hand and placed the other beside her face, looking deep into her eyes he said, "Look into my eyes and empty your mind." She stared intently, and Kir closed his eyes. He remembered all the time and study he had put into the spell. All of the incantations and experiments. A small light emitted from his palm and faded as quickly as it came. "There," said Kir smiling. "If you concentrate in your mind about a spell called Healer's Gift the knowledge and ability to cast should come to mind."

Ilya

Article Writer
    Kir smiled, "Of course. Actually because of my time researching at the College in Winterhold I can transer some small amounts of knowledge through touch if need be. It's a spell I made along with a courious mage named Tolfdir. " He softly grabbed Shade's hand and placed the other beside her face, looking deep into her eyes he said, "Look into my eyes and empty your mind." Shade did as she was told. Staring deeply into his eyes she freed her mind of everything and focused on nothing. Within seconds she could feel something strange happening, and then it was gone. "There," said Kir smiling. "If you concentrate in your mind about a spell called Healer's Gift the knowledge and ability to cast should come to mind." Shade looked at him curiously. "That's it?" she asked in a doubtful tone. Looking to Harrold she asked, "Do you mind if I try to heal you?".

"It- it isn't needed." Harrold said. His face told otherwise. It was very bleak, and his mouth was a tight line. His eyes were half-closed, and one hand was at his side, where a blood-stained bandage had been applied by him. To show he was all right, he started walking faster. That caused him to grunt in pain lowly.

Kir the Silent

"It- it isn't needed." Harrold said. His face told otherwise. It was very bleak, and his mouth was a tight line. His eyes were half-closed, and one hand was at his side, where a blood-stained bandage had been applied by him. He started walking faster. That caused him to grunt in pain lowly. It was obvious he was in pain and weak. "Don't be prideful Harrold, we're all in this together. We need you at your very best." Kir looked down the tunnel and saw a door in the distance. "And soon, I believe the next trial is soon to be upon us."

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle tried to wipe the blood of his claws, but it didn't go away. He checked if anyone was watching him. No one, he licked the blood up and cursed the gods for it tasting good. He shook his head. After he finished he walked to where the group was. They sorrounded Harrold. Lyle sized Harrold he was obviously injured, there would be no way for him to defend himself now. Lyle shook his head again trying to stop thinking like that. He was too excited and batttle ready. He was also hungry. He went back to where his bedroll was and looked for food.

He had no food in his satchel. His stomach growled loudly. He walked back to Harrold and tapped Kir on the shoulder. " Do you have anything to eat?"

"No, really. Save your energy for when needed, don't waste it on me." Harrold produced a forced smile for Kir and quickly averted his head, to conceal he was gritting his teeth. His hand dug farther into the bandage, causing the wound under it to open again. Damm... He thought. I am bleeding out... To try and conceal it, Harrold put on his surcoat with the family arms.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle looked at the Harrold. He could smell the blood seeping from the wound. "you have about 20 minutes if you don't get that healed. I've hunted animals bigger than men before and a good wound like your's kills them in about 30 mins so..... I suggest you take Kir's healing offer, or perhaps stitch it up yourself. We can't have a hurt member in our group it will only hinder us. Besides we need you, and theres no need to get that nice coat bloody." He looked Harrold in the eyes. " If you wish to die plz don't do so on the floor, it's dishonarble . Die fighting for the best way into whatever you believe in."

Ilya

Article Writer
    Rolling her eyes she pushed everyone off to the side and stood before Harrold, "This is ridiculous...Harrold, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you; I'm going to try and heal you so just hold still!!" She held her hand out almost touching him but not quite. Shade let her mind clear and tried to concentrate on the spell, but it wouldn't work. She began to get frustrated at seeing blood starting to slowly seep onto the floor. Concentrate!!! Trying again; she took a deep breath to calm herself and focused again on the spell. This time she felt a burst of energy coursing through her. After she couldn't continue to concentrate on the spell any longer she opened her eyes and asked, "Did it work?".

Kir the Silent

"You have about 20 minutes if you don't get that healed. I've hunted animals bigger than men before and a good wound like your's kills them in about 30 mins so..... I suggest you take Kir's healing offer, or perhaps stitch it up yourself. We can't have a hurt member in our group it will only hinder us. Besides we need you, and theres no need to get that nice coat bloody." He looked Harrold in the eyes. " If you wish to die plz don't do so on the floor, it's dishonarble . Die fighting for the best way into whatever you believe in." Kir nodded in agreement, "I don't know if I informed you, but I'm an assassin by trade." He pruposely didn't mention what he was called or specifics of missions. "That's more than a flesh wound. Your being healed, it isn't optional. Your wound could slow us and possibly get someone killed. Besides, Shade needs to practice her newfound skills. " Kir turned to Shade smiling, "I know you can do it. I believe in you, go ahead. Try it." She smiled back and cautiously approached Harrold, obviously nervous and excited to try. She held her hand out almost touching him but not quite. She started to concentrate. After a few moments she began to get frustrated at seeing blood starting to slowly seep onto the floor. Trying again; she took a deep breath to calm herself and focused again on the spell. She opened her eyes and asked, "Did it work?". Kir saw the wound heal and smiled. "Yes! That was incredible. For you to heal such an advanced wound on your first try." He smiled proud of Shade and happy for the little bit of good in this evening.

Harrold touched the bandage. He expected to feel a jolt of agony go through him, but he felt nothing but a scar. "I owe you an apology, Shade." He leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear. "You have rescued me from Him of Many Faces... Now he must have another... Tell me who and he shall vanish." He rubbed his side once more, and nodded to indicate he could continue.

Ilya

Article Writer
    "Yes! That was incredible. For you to heal such an advanced wound on your first try."He smiled proudly. Shade was thrilled that she had done so well on her second try. She was grinning ear to ear when Harrold said, "I owe you an apology, Shade." He leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear. "You have rescued me from Him of Many Faces... Now he must have another... Tell me who and he shall vanish." Him of Many Faces...? she thought to herself as a confused expression spread across her face. She stared at him blankly before asking, "What are you talking about Harrold?"

Kir the Silent

"What are you talking about Harrold?" Shade asked Harrold after he had whispered something to her. Kir raised his eyebrow. Kir had heard everyword however, having trained himself to hear, observe, and percieve differently than most people. "And who is this Him of Many Faces? We need no more demons speaking to our minds, so tell us." Kir had noticed something off when he had first met the imperial. It was time to find out on the chance his secret could get them killed.

"These gods you have, the Aedra and Daedra. They are the gods of benevolence, malevolence, luck or skill. These gods are mere talk. In the end, all that matters is life... Or death. In truth, all your gods ARE Him of Many Faces, thus his name. I am his follower, a servant of death. He had meant for me to die, but Shade kept me in this world. In exchange, He wants a dead man to compensate." It was a long time ago Harrold had talked of his god, but he felt strangely relieved.

Kir the Silent

Kir shrugged, "I suppose if it's just religious it should be fine. But this supposed debt can wait until later. Keep your mind on the task at hand, we approach the next trial." They had arrived at the large door at the end of the hall. It was large and made of carved, heavy stone. Kir slit his palm and pressed it bloodily against it. It slid open, disappearing into the wall. As they walked into yeat another large room the trial was quite obvious. A unbelievably large crevice split the room. The door on the far side had lit torches as if beckoning the adventures telling them their journey was close to an end. Kir looked down into the bottomless abyss. "Damn...long way down." He turned to the others, "So who wants to go first?" He said jokingly.

There was an area large enough to set up camp again, Daran started a fire and began cooking. "Everyone must be starved, besides you haven't lived till you've tasted my Hammerfell Fire Soup." Kir made a face and grabbed his stomach behind Daran, who turned swiftly around and smacked Kir on the head. "Don't make fun of my cooking or you can go hungry," he said. Kir walked smiling and saw Shade looking at him. He strode over to her, "You wanted to talk? Now is a good time as any and we are far from the others." He sat down with her and waited for her to begin.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    Kestrel started yawning. The things that went on in that other room had made Kestrel sleepy. He walked over to a vacant space and laid his bedroll down. "I'll skip the soup" he replied to Daran. Kestrel closed his eyes and tried his best to go to sleep.

Ilya

Article Writer
    "These gods you have, the Aedra and Daedra. They are the gods of benevolence, malevolence, luck or skill. These gods are mere talk. In the end, all that matters is life... Or death. In truth, all your gods ARE Him of Many Faces, thus his name. I am his follower, a servant of death. He had meant for me to die, but Shade kept me in this world. In exchange, He wants a dead man to compensate." His expression appeared somewhat relieved, while Shade looked at him in horror. Kir shrugged, "I suppose if it's just religious it should be fine. But this supposed debt can wait until later. Keep your mind on the task at hand, we approach the next trial." Meanwhile Shade was deep in thought.... There was nobody she wanted dead, nor did she feel like it was her call if someone should live or die. Nobody had mistreated her, or tried to kill her in a while. But then a smile spread across her face...I guess this could come in handy later.... she shrugged. Looking to Harrold she patted him on the back and said, "Mind if I think about that for a while?".

They had arrived at the large door at the end of the hall. It was large and made of carved, heavy stone. Kir slit his palm and pressed it bloodily against it. Shade cringed with her arms folded across her chest as he did so, thinking of how happy she'd be when he quit having to cut himself. It slid open, disappearing into the wall. As they walked into yet another large room the trial was quite obvious. A unbelievably large crevice split the room. The door on the far side had lit torches as if beckoning the adventures telling them their journey was close to an end. Kir looked down into the bottomless abyss. "Damn...long way down." He turned to the others, "So who wants to go first?" He said jokingly. Shade's eyes went wide; thinking there was no way she was going to offer to lead this time!

There was an area large enough to set up camp again. Daran started a fire and began cooking. "Everyone must be starved, besides you haven't lived till you've tasted my Hammerfell Fire Soup." Kir made a face and grabbed his stomach behind Daran, who turned swiftly around and smacked Kir on the head. Shade giggled at the two, thinking how she'd love to get a smack or two in herself! "Don't make fun of my cooking or you can go hungry," he said. Kir walked smiling and saw Shade looking at him. He strode over to her, "You wanted to talk? Now is a good time as any and we are far from the others." He sat down with her and waited for her to begin.

"Yes...." she paused before continuing. Looking at him without blinking her eyes began to narrow, "First of all, what in the NINE were you thinking in that last room? None of us had even the slightest clue what was going on and you expected us to sit there? ....Expected me to sit there??" Her eyes began to soften as the images began assulting her memory. "I thought you would die!" she said in a hushed tone, eyes staring off into some deep space between her and the floor. She rubbed them in attempt to conceal the tears that were welling up. "Do not put me through that again!" she said sternly.

Kir the Silent

"Yes...." she paused before continuing. Looking at him without blinking her eyes began to narrow, "First of all, what in the NINE were you thinking in that last room? None of us had even the slightest clue what was going on and you expected us to sit there? ....Expected me to sit there??" Her eyes began to soften as she remembered. "I thought you would die!" she said in a hushed tone, eyes staring off into some deep space between her and the floor. She rubbed them in attempt to conceal the tears that were welling up. "Do not put me through that again!" she said sternly. "I'm so sorry Shade, I didn't mean to scare you. I did what I had to keep you and everyone safe." Kir placed a hand besides her face and looked into her eyes. "I promise I wouldn't do anything to hurt you." Kir worked up his courage and took some initiative, kissing her softly.

Ilya

Article Writer
    I'm so sorry Shade, I didn't mean to scare you. I did what I had to keep you and everyone safe."Kir placed a hand beside her face and looked into her eyes. "I promise I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."Kir worked up his courage and took some initiative, kissing her softly. Once again letting herself go she held his embrace until something inside of her told her to let go. With her hands gripping his chest she pushed him back firmly but never let go as she said, "Do you not think it hurt me to see you sitting seemingly oblivious while gashes and cuts appeared all over you?" she eyed him curiously. "I can't help but feel like we made a mistake in letting our emotions get the best of us during such a perilous journey. When Lyle was about to attack me, I saw the rage in your eyes! Please let me handle my own, and if it's too much...I will let you know!" With that she pulled him back close to her and stared at him for a brief second before kissing him passionately. Knowing this would probably be the last time for a while that she'd be able to share some sort of intimacy with him, it was hard for her to contain herself.

Kir the Silent

With her hands gripping his chest she pushed him back firmly but never let go as she said, "Do you not think it hurt me to see you sitting seemingly oblivious while gashes and cuts appeared all over you?" she eyed him curiously. "I can't help but feel like we made a mistake in letting our emotions get the best of us during such a perilous journey. When Lyle was about to attack me, I saw the rage in your eyes! Please let me handle my own, and if it's too much...I will let you know!" With that she pulled him back close to her and stared at him for a brief second before kissing him passionately. He returned the kiss with equal passion and only broke it long enough to say, "Feelings are both a burden and a gift, I thought I could live without them...untill I met you and discovered something I cannot live without. You are what helps me focus, I now have something worth fighting for and I'll be damned if it's going to be taken away from me now." He kissed her softly once more, as if this was all a fragile dream. This happiness he had found. Like he would awaken and it'd all be gone, but Shade was here everytime he opened his eyes. She hadn't just given him something worth fighting for, but something worth living for as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts