• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    A stream of water trickled into Harrold's mouth. Cold, pure water. As it made its way through Harrold's throat, it was all he could do to drink it. The thirst, it was horrible, but ever so slowly, with every drip of water, it grew fainter. The vile taste of blood disappeared from his mouth, washed away by the clear fluid. He looked up, recognising the one who gave him water. "Shade..." he said, as he extended his arm towards her.

Ilya

Article Writer
    (Ooc: from phone; no colour...o_O and get your mind outa the gutter...her name is Shade..o_O lol!!!)

Harrold slowly drank hardly spilling a drop. "Shade..." he said weakly. She smiled seeing that he was finally starting to regain his strength. "You will be alright Harrold, we will keep an eye on you. But you need rest, do try and sleep!" She said softly.

He nodded at her, and laid his head down. One hand went to Heartsbane's hilt, like he always did when asleep, but this time sleep would not come. Harrold had too much to think about.

Ilya

Article Writer
    After seeing that Harrold was alright, Shade walked back over to Kir and Olaf.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kir knew Olaf was curious as to what he was doing and he saw Shade coming back over to them. Kir turned to face them, "I know what I have to do. No matter what happens in the next few minutes, do not panic or be afraid." With that said, Kir sat down facing the pillar. He crossed his legs and held his hands out as if meditating. His eyes, however, remained open and staring blankly at the pillar.

Kir suddenly found himself sitting in the center of the room. The pillar was gone and so were his companions. Other than that the room was exactly the same. Kir got up and decided to look around. After a few moments he felt as if he was being observed. "Ssssssssso boring with all the sitting and making nice...go attack the khajiit again! Or better yet...the dark elf!" Kir turned swiftly around and saw a small imperial-looking boy, who couldn't be more than three years old! The child had pitch black eyes with red runes of unknown origin on it's arms. Then It spoke again, "Spilling blood is so much fun! Paint the room red with it..." It spoke as if with many different voices, sounding insanely happy and wicked.

"You must be Discord," said Kir talking calmly and collected. "Hahahahahaha! Lets give the good little elf a prize...gold perhaps? Or his own severed head!?!" It's laughter sent dread through Kir's body. What was this unholy abomination? It frowned, "Peace and acceptance are ssssssssso boring. Chaossssss, war, anarchy....that's fun!" It held it's hands up and the pillar appeared. "Now go back and kill each other," It said with the most pleasent, innocent smile.

Kir the Silent

Kir looked at the creature, "No." It stared back confused. Shaking it's head, "Why not? Don't you want to have fun! Maybe you just need a little motivation..." It's smile frightened Kir, but he didn't let it show. Staying calm and showing no emotion, he watched in hidden awe and fear as the little imperial became Lyle! "Perhaps, I should kill your friends. Yes? Attack them again and rip out their throats. The old man and your little girfriend too." Kir was tempted to attack, but stay his hand. "No? How about this?" It changed it's form again, this time into Shade. Kir's heart jumped into his throat and felt pained. He secretly wished Shade was here. The false Shade sauntered up to him, whispering in his ear. "I don't really care about you." Kir's face was made of ice. "What?" it said, walking away. "You thought I could love you? How foolish are you? You've always been alone, always will be."

Suddenly the false Shade stood not an inch away from his face. "Poor Kir...family slaughtered like animals, corpses left to rot and die agonizingly slow deaths..." Now Daran stood before him, "I never loved you boy! You were a burden the moment I found you alive in the forest! You are not my son! Damn elf!" The other Daran drew his scimitar and held it to his face, slicing his right cheeck drawing blood. Kir winced, but other than that let none of his emotions out. Screaming as they were to admit these words, however false, were tearing him up inside. Back in the real room, his body sat unmoving. His conciousness locked in a mental game with Discord. Kir's cheek was bleeding in the real world as well as Discord's. The other Daran slashed his left arm leaving a nasty gash a few inches long, but not too deep or wide. Again, the exact wound appeared on his body back in the real world as Olaf and Shade watched horrified as wounds appeared on his body for no apparent reason. "I should have left you to die!" Kir calmly sat down and meditated as he bled. The other Daran cocked his head sideways. "Not that either eh? Oh, I've got it!" Then it shifted into what Kir least expected...

Kir the Silent

It was Him...the one who had slaughtered his family..who had set him on his lonely path and ripped away his childhood...who, if he succeded would eradicate all life and end Tamriel itself...The Dark Stranger stood before him. His abyss-black robe, adorned with demonic runes fluttered silently without a brezze. His face hidden behind a simple wooden mask, charred black as night. Blood red eyes with black pupils stared at him. "Pathetic...all of you mortals...but especially you...your family has caused me much greif for generations...it was pleasurable to kill them..." The Dark Stranger floated closer, "Do you wish to know how they died? Your father...your brother and even your younger twin sisters? How old were they? Four? Five?" He laughed that laugh that haunted Kir's dreams till this very day. "I did...unspeakable horrors upon them...made them suffer for the longest possible time before killing them like the maggots they are!"

Rage flooded through Kir and he stood up and nearly drew his blade, but then he remembered Shade and his friends. They were depending on him, whether they knew it or not. "Yes...strike me...avenge your family...let the rage consume you and slaughter all in your path..." Kir looked into his hated foe's eyes. "No." He calmly sat back down, but back in the real world a silent tear flowed down his face. "What!?! You wretched coward!!!" The creature changed it's form into a gigantic beast. So large it was, that it was crouched over looking down upon Kir. It had no eyes, two slits for nostrils, and a mouth filled with enormously jagged teeth. It had spikes of bone jutting from It's back and elbows, It's claws brutal looking and soaked in blood. "ATTACK ME!!! GET ANGRY, FURIOUS!!! KILL!!! SPILL BLOOD AND RAGE AGAINST THIS FLAWED WORLD!!! DO NOT JUST SIT THERE!!!"

Kir the Silent

"No," Kir stated simply meditating. It roared fearsomely and swiped him with one massive clawed hand. Kir flew across the room, slamming into the wall. He rose shakily, blood coming from his nose and busted lip. In the real world his body showed these wounds as well. He calmly limped towards the creature, "YES!!! ATTACK ME!!! SPILL BLOOD!!!" To It's astonishment Kir simply sat down and meditated again. Not even a foot from the massive creature. It roared in utter fury, going into a rage. He ran to the far wall and slammed into it, slashing at the stone with It's claws. It picked up a boulder and hurled it right above Kir's head narrowly missing him. Back in the real world the room was shaking, feeling the creatures wrath.

It's like a spoiled child if It doesn't get It's way, he thought to himself. He rushed up to him, sightless face close to his. Kir was so small compared to It. "DAMN YOU!!! DAMN ALL OF YOU!!!!!" It shifted into the demonic looking child again. "Why...why don't you react...why do you just sit there staring?" The creature paced back and forth, looking unsure of what to do. "I tire of thisssss. Now you die! I will flay the flesh from your bones and-" The creature coughed as if gagging. "What!?!" It started to cough harder, coughing up black and red bile. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?!" It tried to rush forward and change into It's monsterous form, but whatever was ailing prevented it. It started to ooze and fall down gurgling. It was shifting through thousands of forms: Monsters, daedra, people Kir knew, people he didn't. Kir walked over to It's writhing body calmly and said, "Peace...and love. These things may seem weak, but they will trump chaos and evil everytime." The creature disappeared in a swirl of putrid, black smoke. Suddenly Kir was back to the real world and collapsed. His wounds and the emotional/psychological trauma now taking their toll. He just lay on his back staring at the ceiling as people rushed to his side.

Ilya

Article Writer
    As Shade approached them Kir began to say, "I know what I have to do. No matter what happens in the next few minutes, do not panic or be afraid." With that said, Kir sat down facing the pillar. He crossed his legs and held his hands out as if meditating. His eyes, however, remained open and staring blankly at the pillar. Shade looked to Olaf confused and started to protest but stopped herself short. She crossed her arms over her chest and began tapping her foot on the ground lightly. What is he talking about 'whatever happens'?!? she groaned to herself. Shaking her head as she looked at him sitting on the floor motionless in front of the pillar she fought the urge to ask him to explain himself. "Men!!!" she huffed, rolling her eyes with displeasure.

After a few seconds she moved a couple inches away from Olaf but still keeping her focus on Kir, "What is he doing?" she said quietly. A couple of minutes went by and all of a sudden a bright red streak appeared on his angular visage. Shade watched closely expecting Kir to move, or at least flinch but he sat there motionless. Shocked; she looked to Olaf as if expecting him to do something. Growing more impatient by the second her foot went to tapping louder and her nails began leaving imprints in her arms from gripping so tight. Another agonizing minute went by before she noticed a terrible gash emerge on his arm! "WHAT IN THE..." she started to exclaim. She extended a hand out towards Kir as if to point out the obvious which she undoubtedly knew he had already seen. "Are we really just going to stand here??!". So frustrated was she that she started pacing a tight little area next to Olaf, biting her fingernails. It seemed like an eternity before the next wound appeared. This time it was more than poor Shade could handle. Blood started gushing from his nose and a deep cut on his lip and it was as if he was dead already! He never screamed, groaned or so much as flinched! "WHAT IS GOING ON????" she demanded in an agonizing scream. "I can't take this anymore!" she said throwing her arms up in the air, turning away from the gruesome scene before her.

The whole room was trembling as Shade crouched low to the ground wondering if it would collapse on them. Then, just as suddenly as it began the shaking stopped. She turned around to face Kir just in time to see him flop on the floor. Rushing over to him she cradled his head in her lap wishing she could help him. Kestrel bent over and felt Kir's pulse to ensure he was still alive. "He's alive!" he said. He looked back to Shade, "Got anymore underwear?" Kestrel laughed, but saw her face turn bitter. "Sorry" he looked back down at Kir, attempting to heal him. "Im out of energy" he replied trying to focus. "Oh wonderful!!" she replied, on the verge of panic.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    OOC: So...THREE challenges. o_O mmkay.

Kestrel walked over to Kir as well. He bent over and felt Kir's pulse to ensure he was still alive. "He's alive!" he said, in an attempt to calm everyone. He looked back to Shade, "Got anymore underwear?" he laughed, but saw her face turn bitter. "Sorry" he looked back down at Kir, attempting to heal him. "Im out of energy" he replied trying to focus.

Kir the Silent

OOC: NO biting lol :p I have something planned, I wont bleed to death. And also I don't wan to be bitten by a vamp :D so change it please or delete

Kir the Silent

OOC: No, i wasnt dying anyways just unconcious :p me being bit by a vamp isnt part of the story, so I'll just act like that hasnt happened if you dont wanna change o_O im not going to be bitten or become a vamp. Your usually supposed to ask the person to preform such a drastic action with their character :D

Kir woke up with Shade craddling his head in her lap. He smiled, but it must have been a bloody smile. "Hey there Shade." He tried to sit up but was very sore, so just decided to lay in her lap. Not like it was a bad thing. "Sorry if I worried anyone, but it was the only way to continue through and to protect you." Daran came rushing over, "Are you alright? What in the Nine did you do!?" Kir shrugged, "Calm down Daran. Look." Pointing to the center of the room. The pillar was gone! In it's place was a staircase descending into the darkness. "I did what I had to and now the way is open to us. We're one step closer to the gem." Shade helped Kir rise shakily to, her full of concern. "Thank you Shade," Kir smiled. "Daran, do you happen to have a healing potion?" Daran nodded swiftly handing it over. Kir drink all the contents and felt his wounds healing, at least to an extent. "Everyone rested and ready?"

AtomicDonut

Olaf backed off from Kir and Shade. "Give the man some room, everyone." He said. He looked around to see what all of that was for to see the pillar was replaced with a spiraling staircase that led down into a dark abyss. Olaf walked over to his bedroll and rolled it back up but kept it on the ground. I doubt there will be much more need for sleep after this. He picked up Ranger's Order (Black Elven Bow) and hung it on his back, pulling out a copy of a Nightingale Blade and keeping it in hand just in case. "Well group. I guess this is where the fun really begins."

Harrold wa standing up straight again. Remnants of a stamina potion were at his lips. He had used one to regain some strength. He nodded to Olaf, and cleaned his sword for a bit.

Kir the Silent

Shade looked to Kir and said, "If you ever scare me like that again." She punched him on his sore shoulder. He smiled, "Ow." She looked at him still abit angrily. So Kir held up his hands in mock surrender, "All right, all right. I promise to tell you everything from now on. Anything and everything." She finally smiled and hugged him. "Much better. So, is everyone ready to continue?" He said turning to the others.

AtomicDonut

Olaf stood ready, sword at his side. "Let's do this." He told Kir. It looked like everyone else was ready, but he wasn't sure about Harrold. That man still looked a little banged up. The Bosmer shook the thoughts of pity out of his head. Stay sharp.

Kir the Silent

"Good, off we go into a dark ominous hole." He turns to the group with a smile on his face, "Sound fun?" With that he started down the ancient stairs, Shade rolling her eyes at his comment and following closely behing him. Daran caught up to the front of the group, "Kir? How'd you know how to do that with the pillar?" He leaned closely where none could hear. "What does the book say?" Kir almost whispered back, but he looked at Shade and felt his feelings rise up and his promise came to back to him. He stopped the group, "There's something you all should know." They looked at him intently, probably starved for information on their quest. "There are two trial that remain and before you ask, no. I don't know what they are, not until we get to them." They stared blankly, confused, or suspicious. "I know its confusing and I apologize. It doesn't make sense to me either. Also there is mention of a Guardian. Anyone, still want to continue?" He said jokingly, they all knew the way was shut behind them.And no one in their right mind would want to go back to the last room.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts