• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Harrold snapped out of it, regaining his senses. Blood was coursing through his veins like never before, and his vision was blurry. He stumbled forward, his steps clumsy. His hand opened and closed, and grabbed the hilt of his sword. Suddenly, Lyle rushed past him. The unexpected movement made Harrold fall backward, his sword falling out of its sheath. He crawled closer towards the blade, curled up around it. The last thing he had... The cold kiss of the steel, the rush of pain when the edge bit into his chest... It did not matter to Harrold amymore.

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
    Kir had just been attacked. His nose was bleeding. Kir was gone now. The Silent was here. With one sswift motion he cast Midnight Gaze. The entire room plunged into darkness. The Silent disarmed everyone, when the light returned everyone was ready to fight but all of their weapons had gone. Lyle turned angrily at The Silent, knowing it to be his work and still armed with claws. He attacked wildly, ferally. He was easy to block. Where Kir had hesitated attacking, The Silent did not. He blocked and block before twirling his sword in a deadly arc and slicing the small muscle on the khajiit's left leg. The khajiit went down but kept trying to rise. The Silent's face was cold, calculating, and impassive. "I will kill you khajiit." The Khajiit attacked again, however hobbled he was easy to stab through the shoulder and pin him to the ground sword still inside him. "Now everyone be calm. Or I can always literally disarm you."

Kir started to come back as The Silent faded. "Now everyone, ignore what you are thinking and listen to my words. Something is affecting us, making us doubt and attack each other." Everyone seemed to calm, however slightly, and listened. "Now, everyone sit down and Lyle, I swear. Do anything stupid again and I'll be forced to do something we'll all regret. You so more." The feral look was fading from his eyes, but Kir still watched him. He took the sword from the khajiit's shoulder and helped him into a sitting position. "Now, lets calmly discuss this everyone."

Ilya

Article Writer
    Shade was amazed at the sight before her, but she reacted nevertheless. Seeing that Kir was alright and regaining control of the situation she focused on Kestrel. He was badly wounded and even though she despised him she felt obligated to return the favour. Rushing over to him sitting on his bedroll she quickly lifted her armour and tore a piece of her undergarment. Not sure whether or not she should touch him she asked, "If I tie this around you, you're not going to bite me are you?". He was gushing blood from his waist and head. It was his waist that was most critical, so without further hesitation she quickly tied the make-shift bandage around him.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle was just about to round the corner when darkness fill the cave. Of course Lyle could still see, but we seen frightened him. It was Kir he recovered from the attack and released pure power. The lights came on and a sword was stabbed into Lyle's shoulder. He was pinned, he sat and listened to Kir"Now everyone, ignore what you are thinking and listen to my words. Something is affecting us, making us doubt and attack each other." Everyone seemed to calm, however slightly, and listened. "Now, everyone sit down and Lyle, I swear. Do anything stupid again and I'll be forced to do something we'll all regret. You so more." "Now, lets calmly discuss this everyone." Lyle was helped into a sitting postion. He resisted the urge to Bite Kir's neck ripping out the jugular. He felt like whatever was effecting the group had more of a grip on Lyle. He still had the thought in his head. " I release you....for now play time will resume later."

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    "Thank you very much." he said to Shade smiling but in pained sort of way. "Your a very brave person to save a vampire, most others would leave me to die." he sighed giving an uncomfortable sort of look. "I wanted to apologise for acting hostile towards you. It's just not often im around living people."

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle sat rocking. His cut ,and stab wound was bleeding but he felt no pain from it. He sat thinking Will this thing take over again, will I kill my friends? Will I be killed because of this...monster. His cut was bleeding badly now. He simply tore the bottom half of his shirt and tied it around his shoulder,and another piece around his thigh area. He looked down at his claws. They were covered in blood,and bits of dark blue flesh. He looked around. He felt like a monster. But in reality he's the monster's puppet.

AtomicDonut

Olaf leaned his bow back up against the wall once Kir was done talking. He had his hand on Fang's sheath just in case. He walked through the carved cave past everyone and leaned up against the wall that Lyle was leaning on, but on the other side. "It has a grip on you, too, huh? I understand. Get inside this room. We all know it was the demons."

Harrold regained consciousness. He felt weak, and his chest felt sticky. His head was pounding badly, and Harrold decided the sticky fluid on his chest was wine, and he had a hangover... Until he looked down. Heartsbane wa buried in his chest, quite deep. Still, blood was flowing out of the gash. The pain finally came, and Harrold could not suppress a sob. His arms were weak, and could not move the sword. His throat was dry, he could not shout for help... And then, the voice. Hahahahaha, foolish mortal. I have lured a lot of people to their deaths, but you... You did it all by yourself! Hahaha!

Ilya

Article Writer
    "Thank you very much." he said to Shade smiling but in pained sort of way. "Your a very brave person to save a vampire, most others would leave me to die." he sighed giving an uncomfortable sort of look. She stared at him intently as he continued, "I wanted to apologise for acting hostile towards you. It's just not often im around living people." Shade felt like he was being sincere in his apology. Even though it took a near death experience to get him to be serious, she looked at him and said, "It took tremendous restraint for you not to devour my blood earlier...not to mention offering me a bandage, which I assume to be your last...were it not? I will keep you in my best interest from now on, as long as you don't give me a reason to do otherwise." she said in all seriousness. "I don't want to hate you." Shade looked at him with eyes full of sorrow and got to her feet. "Will you be alright to continue?"

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    He got up and, besides a minor headache, and a pain in his waist, he was okay. He stretched a little to loosen up his muscles. "I think i should be good...I'll just come get you if i need you again doctor." he joked "But really...Thank you." he sat back down. "I think I'll just sit for a while...to y'know...calm down."

Harrold was drifting in and out of consciousness. He saw his father, the lethal crossbow bolt which had pierced his chest, the crossbow which was in Harrold's hands. The vision shifted to his brother. The elder brother. He had never loved Harrold no more than the kitchen dogs, yet Harrold felt pain when he drove Heartsbane through the man. He did not want to, but his actions were not his, it seemed. He saw a cave, not remembering it. The pain came, and Harrold knew this was the real world. He whimpered loudly, before passing out again. This time, he saw the face of every man he had ever killed, all impaled on Heartsbane.

Ilya

Article Writer
    "I think i should be good...I'll just come get you if i need you again doctor." he joked, which promptly provoked her to narrow her eyes threateningly in his direction. "But really...Thank you." he sat back down. "I think I'll just sit for a while...to y'know...calm down." "Okay, well I'm going to go see about the others, seeing I seem to be the only one that didn't get involved in the fight that was originally mine." she complained.

Having a look around it seemed like everyone else would be okay except poor Harrold. He was trembling and let out a sob. It was then she noticed he was bleeding profusly from his chest. Shade quickened her pace and said, "What happened!? I didn't even see you in the midst of the fight!?" she looked around frantically, not knowing what to do. She was out of healing potions and it had been ages since she last cast a healing spell. Guess he needs these more than I...she thought as she ripped another large piece of her undergarment from beneath her armour. Oh how I'm going to regret this...dreading the chafing that would ensue. "Kestrel! Is there anything you can do to help this man?" she yelled.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
    He got up and walked up to the unconcious man, and silently casted Detect Life to make sure he was alive. "Okay thats good..." Kestrel focused on light in his hands and proceeded to heal him. He got up and slowly and carefully yanked the sword out from Harrolds chest. He closed the wound, using the last bit of his magic. "Phew..." he sighed. "Okay...he should be okay." (DR HOUSE BITCHES!) he dragged Harrold over to the closest bedroll and layed him down.

AtomicDonut

Olaf, having received no answer from the deranged Khajiit, walked over to Kir and the pillar. "What is it, Kir?" Olaf asked the Wood Elf. He leaned against the pillar, but his shoulder started to burn instantly. Ouch! Olaf stepped away, rubbing his shoulder.

(I was imagining a pillar in the middle of the room the whole time lol)

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Lyle stumbled into the cave with everybody else. "It has a grip on you, too, huh? I understand. Get inside this room. We all know it was the demons." The voiced laughed inside his head. He seemed to be enjoying Lyle's struggle to maintain control. His left claw was resting in the air behind Olaf's neck. The voice came again If you don't kill for me, I'll kill. Lyle took his right arm and grabbed his left arm he then pulled it back to his side. He hoped no one saw it. He no longer was hungry. He was lost in thought. He was remembering his family. His grandparents were legendary. They killed explorers and feasted on them. He remembered his mom once left him at his grandparents tree house. His grandparents were still young, his grandfather loved Lyle. His grandmother could care less . One time he was with them when they ambushed a group. He was 7 at the time. The group was just about to walk in the trap when Lyle started crying. He was bitten by a spider on his arm. The group stopped and turned around not wanting to deal with a child. little did they know Lyle saved their lives. His grandmother pushed him out of the bush.

She then advanced on him drawing his sword. " I'll give you something to cry about" Lyle stumbled back against a tree crying. His grandfather stopped his Grandmother. M'lya (her name) argued with K'ark( Grandfather) for hours. "They boy cost us dinner" She looked at him. Lyle was muscular at a young age(Like most Khajiits) she sized him. "How much do you weigh sweet boy?" Lyle instantly knew it was bad news. She never talked to him kindly. " 67 pounds w-why Gr-rama" " You see K'ark he could last us 3 days, I say we hunt him." His grandfather sighed.

He had a tear running from his face. " I rather starve." He then sat on the ground. M'lya smiled at Lyle she nodded playfully baring her teeth. K'ark couldn't stop her. They haven't eaten in 4 days. Lyle turned and ran. He ran until he couldn't anymore. He was sure he wasn't going to wake up, but to his surprise his mother found him. He remembered never going to see them again.

Lyle came back into the present. He fell asleep against the cave wall. He dreamed of darkness and horror.

Kir the Silent

Kir had been looking at the book he had kept hidden in his pack. The chapters in about this cave were strange and obscure, mentioning three trials and a "Guardian." As well as facing one's self. The only word in the chapter about the first trial that was legible was, Discord. The rest of this chapter's pages, were covered in what Kir assumed was blood. Kir suddenly felt as if he knew what to do. He looked toward the pillar, "Discord. That's it." Kir smirked, "Everyone! Over here, gather around the pillar please. I know what to do to keep us alive and help us finally leave this accursed room."

Kir the Silent

Kir noticed most of his friends were either passed out or sleeping. "They deserve to rest." He looked toward the pillar which was giving him an omnious feeling. "I'll just have to deal with you on my own, won't I?" Kir wasn't worried. Well, perhaps a bit. He hated engaging foes that couldn't be felled by blade or magic. Kir walked toward the pillar, confident but cautious. He looked at all the people in his life. I've got to protect them, he thought. "Yesssss, you do...but do your really think...you can beat me!? On your own!"

Ilya

Article Writer
    To her relief, Kestrel stood and started their way. He silently cast some sort of spell and said, "Okay thats good..." Shade stared in confusion. Magic was never her forte so she stopped at a young age. Kestrel focused on light in his hands and proceeded to heal him. He got up and slowly and carefully yanked the sword out from Harrolds chest. Shade cringed at the sight. He closed the wound, using the last bit of his magic. "Phew..." he sighed. "Okay...he should be okay." "Thank you Kestrel!" she said, relieved.

Shade was overwhelmed with the situation and it took a great deal of concentration for her to stay focused. Taking a deep breath she gathered her thoughts and decided to go check on Lyle. Knowing that it wasn't him that had attacked everybody or at least if it was she would've been thoroughly suprised. It couldn't have been Lyle!! she tried to convince herself. For if it was, surely her abilities were slipping! Shaking the thought from her head she started off to check on him. On the way she noticed Kir and Olaf standing by a pillar and decided to make sure they, too, were alright.

"Are you guys ok?" she asked. Looking to Olaf she noticed he flinched as he touched the pillar. "Is your arm hurt? Maybe I should have a look?". She started for Olaf's shoulder to see if he had been injured.

Harrold opened his eyes. He looked down, and saw the blade was no longer in him. Though he should have been relieved, Harrold gasped and started looking all around, breathing heavily. He was thirsty... So thirsty... But Heartsbane was more important. He saw the bloody blade on the ground, and yanked it off the floor. It immedieately went to its sheath, and Harrold sat down with his back to a wall. Even these movements had him exhausted. Then, he croaked for water. His throat was so dry, talking hurt.

Ilya

Article Writer
    Hearing what she had thought was someone choking, her attention shifted across the room to where Harrold and Kestrel were laying. The first thought that crossed her mind was that Kestrel had lost control and started feasting on poor Harrold. Thankfully, she was wrong and sighed in relief. Harrold was indeed choked on something so Shade excused herself from Kir and Olaf and got to him quickly. Patting him on the back and looking to Kestrel for an explaination she asked Harrold, "What is it now?". He was having a hard time speaking and she could barely hear what he was trying to say. She put her ear close to his lips and faintly heard him say, "Water". Shade quickly found her waterskin and tilted his head back, pouring it slowly into his mouth.