OOC Harbingers Path * [HP] * open comments

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Full 6 members. Thank you for your interest please enjoy reading our story and feel free to give your critiques here

Members are:
    • PurpleShew
    • Caravan Guard (as Major NPC Enemies)
    • Hermaeus_Mora
    • Minstrel
    • Google
    • Flint Firestorm
    The letter only said meet a new partner at the Silver Blood Inn. The stamps in the wax though were both the Knights of Nine and Blades seals. So Bruynzeel, is to meet a Knight of the Nine paladin for a adventure that he hoped wasn't like his last partner. What was that now... sometime before the cataclysm. Clevenger WhiteBlade, stuck up, stick up his ass, unable to live in the moment... But when combat came down he was the end all be all of knights. Pity he passed, and not as a warrior but a aged and happy smithy and farmer. Even with a limp he could plow a field, rows straight as arrows, his attention to detail and pride in workmanship transferring to his fields. Sure the skill would be appreciated but there is a lot to be said for the intuition of a situation with a touch of fun.

So here he is on the trail again headed from his shack southwest of Riverwood he took from the hags servant so long ago. On the quiet coast of a lake, where the hunting is good. Headed to Markarth again.

The above is a intro to Bruynzeel (Brew n zeal) his character sheet can be accessed by clicking this whole line.

The story premise is like Warehouse 13, from the Sy-Fy channel. a small group of people charged with retrieving items of power, and storing them away safely. Only here in Skyrim, with all Lore of TES being observed if possible. Maybe some stretching to accomodate story elements. What I am looking for is a character driven story, mixing elements of all walks of life in. The credit to the original idea and premise for this story is Gemini Sierra. And will be the first person I ask to join in. all others wishing to join in should be prepared to discuss their character ideas and give some example of writing. I will be limiting it to around 5 to 6 people. To be able to have rapid turn over of story. Please be prepared to contribute at least every 2 days. I use these stories to unwind, de-stress and explore writing.

Group rules:
    • 1. Have fun.
    • 2. No godding, no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people.
    • 3. No profanity. No exceptions.
    • 4. All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for Out Of Character which is occ:: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide.::
    • 5. if somebody leaves due to circumstances similar to the example in rule#4 you cannot say that, the player who just left gives away all their gold. You can only make decisions like whether to go to the cave or the orc camp and stuff like that.
    • 6. This RP will be monitored by PurpleShew as story leader will resolve all RP related arguments, like who got what loot from bandits or stuff like that. But Renegader and the Moderators of this forum will have the final say in everything, meaning just because you are in an RP you may not break the rules of the forum.
    • 7. Only one "playable" character. you can script your own Npc's they are to be simple and only to be there to help the story. Major NPC's will be scripted by PurpleShew as leader of the thread.
    • 8. "Duels" are not allowed in this thread
    • 9. Members must check and post once every 2 days, a seven day absence puts your character as inactive. You will be parked and considered out till we can work a way to catch your character back up to the group.
    • 10. This time line will act as if the Helgen Attack and the Dragonborn questlines don't exist yet. All posts will be in TES universe Lore/skills/races.
    Things to come.... A name for the story. I have a few thought up just can't yet decide on a good one.
    an explaination of what I am looking for in the other characters... think Samurai, each with their own skill specialty. With some of that being in personality. I am gonna be playing Bruynzeel as a experienced and logical Ronin warrior. I think like in the show, this needs to be paired with a intuitive character, who's guesses are usually right, to my sherlock style deductions. with a perky, innocent or mischiefmaker one, A uptight and snarky from the corner one, and the two that pull our asses out the healer and Tank. The "Guiding Hand" NPC's for this will be faceless notes from afar cause who doesn't love recieving mail. The main focus of the story will be the character interactions with each other. Combat taking a distant 2nd. So be prepared to be interacted with. Have a good idea of what your motivations are if not a full character story type outline.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Name:Leo
    Race:imperial
    Appearance: 5'9. blonde shoulder length hair, blue eyes, no scars or facial hair.
    Equipment: carries his bow lughnasadh and knife scian, wears a blue tunic with a black shirt underneath, Wears leather boots and hand guards and white pants.carries a satchel.
    Personality: has great self control. His views are down to earth but also somewhat bitter. He is quite by nature and well composed with a Subdued and pensive demeanor.
    Combat preference: An extremely skilled archer and good with a knife but only uses them if necessary.

The Glass Knight
    The glass knight is a mysterious man. Sone rumors say he's the long-lost brother of Jarl Elisef, some say he's an infamous necromancer. All that's truly known of him is that he always wears glass armor, with a shield that emits an eerie glow, and a one-handed war axe. He rides a snow-white war destrier into battle, and is known to have once defeated 3 forsworn Briarhearts with one charge.
    Equipment: full glass armor, glass shield, glass war axe with "blessed" enchantment.
    Specialties: protects the weak and kills the strong. Sonetimes seen with a warband of men dressed in ebony armor.
    Misc: though always helmed, he talks a lot.
    Race: most likely Imperial/Nord/Breton

Google

I've read about characters that are champions of multiple deadric princes, and have deadric armor, are vampires or werewolves, and carry bows and swords at the same time! My character has NO magic skill, and the dwemer have a lot of tech that is unknown to most in Skyrim. Plus, the armor is made out of made out of strong but light martial, like ebony. So I feel that I have made a special character that is not overpowered and fits in lore wise.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    (This is an RP character that I made and know extremely well, I have used her in one other RP thread but it came to a stand still.)

Name: Sita

Race: Imperial

Appearance: Medium hight with red hair (a mix between brown and ginger). She is very attractive and has green eyes that allow her to bend the will of men and some women.

Personality: Sita has an extremely fiery personality. She usually builds up a reputation in every hold she goes to and has been kicked out of many guilds due to her 'speaking her mind' whenever she disagrees. She is an archer, very sharp and quick on her toes. While she may be very skilled however, she is not without flaws. Due to a backstory (which if asked for I can post) involving her parents being kidnapped and ready to be killed whenever the kidnappers see fit, she has turned to drink.

She is an alcoholic but manages to keep it hidden from most others. She may get drunk quite frequently when at inns and her personality will change. She will become quite a nasty piece of work but still manages to keep her sharp reflexes. But, she is very determined and focused when she wants to be and this can overpower her addiction. She can go on quests, and while she may need to have a drink every once and a while, can avoid becoming drunk.

Skills: Archer, natural illusionist, sneak.

Sorry mine is so long, you don't have to read it all but you probably have if you are reading this. If you need a sample of my writing I have a piece from a previous RP that demonstrates how alcohol affects her. I have explained it very badly in her personality description. She is a very interesting character, my actual story writing gives a much better picture. :)

Flint firestorm

I've read about characters that are champions of multiple deadric princes, and have deadric armor, are vampires or werewolves, and carry bows and swords at the same time! My character has NO magic skill, and the dwemer have a lot of tech that is unknown to most in Skyrim. Plus, the armor is made out of made out of strong but light martial, like ebony. So I feel that I have made a special character that is not overpowered and fits in lore wise.
    Okay first you can't just make up a material to make your armor out of. And is the utility belt gonna be like the one in the original batman when every time he had a problem he just so happened to have a gadget to save him. Plus you can't just make up gadgets. Plus you made him an expert at everything but magic. And ebony is HEAVY armor.
    (sorry if I seem too critical)

Shew

yeah just a couple of tweaks, to be more believable. go for something available... like a good leather, or dragon scale. I don't care if everyone wants to be a hero, heck my character is really long lived... Lets just say he is related to M'aiq. His experience makes him a literal master at the things he loves to do. But I write him as a observer of those around him with spurts of OMG.

My idea is to mix in a bit of some gadgets, so the utility belt might be nice occasionally as artifacts and such possibly repurposed for use but I would want a list so as to insure they aren't to powerful, or crafted creatively on the spot. Cause I always believed Batman was like Sherlock, knowing in advance what might be needed, so if you throw that in, there might be a way to foreshadow alittle. And thinking of it we could have a gadget master NPC ala Q from Bond.

• I would like to see someone be a great healer/alchemist.
    • a sneaky point man... bows/stealth/traps/locks (I usually do this but want to step back be a leader and a samurai.)
    • A funny loving free spirit, with amazing luck. possibly with a well read but slightly twisted conspiracy view of the world.
    • a love interest for another member of the group...
    • some playful gambling going on occasionally,
    • lots of great banter and fun between the characters.
    • There will be combat, but like I said it will be secondary to the rest of the story. But I still want us to take it seriously.

Shew

Also looking for a good name.
    here are a couple I am toying with.

The Hands of the Nine. [THN]
    The Side Show. [TSS]
    On the Road to Honor. [ROH]
    Philosophers Gambit. [PG]
    Harbingers Path. [HP]

Flint firestorm

The Side Show. [TSS]
    Harbingers Path. [HP]
    ROH and PG sound good. I also think we should have more races in are group which is, with the exeption of your character all human so far.

Shew

agreed it would be nice I would prefer though it be a character they are comfortable writing for. So if it ends up all human I don't mind. But the Mers, and beasts need more representation.

I want to discuss entrances and I created our private chat. As to Story name I too like PG, but I also am leaning toward Harbingers Path.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    yeah just a couple of tweaks, to be more believable. go for something available... like a good leather, or dragon scale. I don't care if everyone wants to be a hero, heck my character is really long lived... Lets just say he is related to M'aiq. His experience makes him a literal master at the things he loves to do. But I write him as a observer of those around him with spurts of OMG.

My idea is to mix in a bit of some gadgets, so the utility belt might be nice occasionally as artifacts and such possibly repurposed for use but I would want a list so as to insure they aren't to powerful, or crafted creatively on the spot. Cause I always believed Batman was like Sherlock, knowing in advance what might be needed, so if you throw that in, there might be a way to foreshadow alittle. And thinking of it we could have a gadget master NPC ala Q from Bond.

• I would like to see someone be a great healer/alchemist.
    • a sneaky point man... bows/stealth/traps/locks (I usually do this but want to step back be a leader and a samurai.)
    • A funny loving free spirit, with amazing luck. possibly with a well read but slightly twisted conspiracy view of the world.
    • a love interest for another member of the group...
    • some playful gambling going on occasionally,
    • lots of great banter and fun between the characters.
    • There will be combat, but like I said it will be secondary to the rest of the story. But I still want us to take it seriously.

Do you think I can be the sneaky point man (woman) ?

The Side Show. [TSS]
    Harbingers Path. [HP]

I think PG and HP are really good :)

Google

I've made a lot of changes to my Knight character card to try and make him more realistic. Tell me if you think I did a good job. If you have a problem, tell me so I can try and fix it. I am trying to fit him in the story the best way I can, and your advise is very helpful.

Flint firestorm

I've made a lot of changes to my Knight character card to try and make him more realistic. Tell me if you think I did a good job. If you have a problem, tell me so I can try and fix it. I am trying to fit him in the story the best way I can, and your advise is very helpful.
    Much better. It makes more sense to be good with stealth and light armor. One question:will we learn his name or will we always call him the dark knight? Same question to glass knight.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    Is it too late for me too join?

Shew

yeah sorry I might occasionally use temporary, or Part-time writers. you could be a character we need to help or one we have to retrieve a item from. from time to time.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts