• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
this has been done on a couple other forums I've been on, and I think that the community around here is advanced enough for a vote/poll like this. Basically what it is is that their a "royal" members of the forum like King, Queen, Prince, and Princess of the forum.
Like the post popular or most helpful. so who do you think fits each role. if you decide to vote, please don't vote for yourself. Also again only one person per role, I guess.
her's what I think of my own idea
KING: Renegader
QUEEN: Rayven
PRINCE: PurpleShrew
PRINCESS: Jessica
so what are your opinions on this?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
King: Renegader (obviously since he's the admin)
Queen: Rayven
Prince: Stone
Princess: Andante

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Haha it's a good idea but I really am not in favour of condescension.

How would you all like it if I named myself King and said to the members here:

"HAIL KING RENEGADER YOU INFERIOR LOW-LIFE PEASANTS!"

I don't know. >.>

rizen

A to the K homeboy
Well now...If Ren doesn't want the job, I'll be king then.
I'd be a fair and generous king...at first:mad:

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Tough one I would prefer it to be more like the admin and mods don't count...No offense
the regular and premiums do

• King: Hexperiment (ruling the blog space, and easliy our highest poster)
  • Queen: Andante or Dagmar (Andante for RP contributions and practically single handedly ruling the shoutbox, Dagmar for Mod's)
  • Duke: xSuoivedx for guides
  • Prince's/Princess's: for general good will
    • Reiji
    • Ebony Knight
    • Nikola Testla
Those would be my votes since I cannot include myself

Windress

hmm.

The concept of this thread actually makes me rather uncomfortable because it propagates elevating certain individuals in this forum to an "elite" status based on popularity or personal opinion. The entire reason I enjoy this forum so much is because everyone interacts on a mostly equal level, are acknowledged on an individual basis for their contributions of merit, and are generally spared petty factionalism or cliques. I've seen a hierarchical concept of posters ruin many great forums, and I.. well, I'd rather not witness it again.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
oh hadn't thought of that, well said

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
good point windress, i never really thought of it like that, i was just acting rashly again. I was just trying to see who was the most recognized person around the forums I guess. i never meant for it to be a popularity contest for "elite" members of the forum.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think we just all suffer from the negative connotations of the words that describe royalty. When we see king or queen, I know it makes me think of the bad aspects of those titles, like despots and overlords. Nevermind that there have been plenty of good monarchs throughout history. I even use it in jest with my daughter when I call her "Queen of the Universe" when she has those moments (like any child) of thinking the entire world stops based on her whims ;)

I didn't think your post was rash at all. I get the intent and I appreciate your recognition in your list. So thank you for that. I don't require any such recognition to make my day but I appreciate it when it happens just the same.

And I love the new hair cut.

Windress

Hey Nikola, I know you never have posted anything (and certainly not this thread) with any sort of ulterior motive or malicious intent. You're a really cool chick (with a really cool haircut!) and I hope you know that I just love your presence here, and your personality! I've seen the "Royalty" aspect in a lot of other forums, too, and I can understand your interest in it, so I hope I didn't make you feel bad with what I said, I'm jsut very leery of something like this.

I think it's because I studied marginalized cultures and equality of rights for so long. Now my knee-jerk reaction to the concept of a monarchy is "REVOLT!" :p

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I haven't posted on this thread to answer the original title because I believe that all you LADIES are absolutely awesome & it would be way too difficult to choose one over the other.

Besides I rule my own destiny, my brain & my mouth rule my fate...lol

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Haha it's a good idea but I really am not in favour of condescension.

How would you all like it if I named myself King and said to the members here:

"HAIL KING RENEGADER YOU INFERIOR LOW-LIFE PEASANTS!"

I don't know. >.>

You should have KING ADMIN under yr username. Nobody would mess with ya.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts