• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Debate section?

Just a random idea that popped into my head as I've seen alot of people argue about certain features and what not.

Stone

Retired Moderator
I think the forum itself is for discussion and debates. I don't see the need for special section just for debates.
"special" section = more organized and controlled.

Instead of random useless chatter.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
"special" section = more organized and controlled.

Instead of random useless chatter.

Seriously, how is it going to be more organised & controlled ?
There is only 1 Full Moderator & 1 Admin that have full control & 2 Role Play Moderators that have partial control & they have more than enough on their plates without the need for another useless section.

There is will always be random useless chatter as you put it.

The only way the forums would be more controlled would be to have more Moderators.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
People get emotional and personal in internet "debates". There is absolute beauty in a well-crafted argument for and against some topic with salient points and topical rebuttals. I'm not sure if the membership here is interested in that kind of debating but I know I find it very entertaining to read.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
So what purpose would be this " Debate Forum " have ?

A debate needs a subject doesn't it ?

For example the subject here is whether we should have a separate Debate Forum or not, but if I was to start talking about the flooding we're experiencing here, or World Peace or whatever subject other than what this particular subject is then would be going " Off Topic " then wouldn't I ???

We already have a Lobby for anything Non Skyrim, so seriously why make a totally new section when you already have the Lobby.

Stone

Retired Moderator
So what purpose would be this " Debate Forum " have ?

A debate needs a subject doesn't it ?

For example the subject here is whether we should have a separate Debate Forum or not, but if I was to start talking about the flooding we're experiencing here, or World Peace or whatever subject other than what this particular subject is then would be going " Off Topic " then wouldn't I ???

We already have a Lobby for anything Non Skyrim, so seriously why make a totally new section when you already have the Lobby.

Skyrim Debates section?

Sounds pretty good.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
By a SKYRIM Debates Section, you mean debating things in Skyrim; Imperials or Stormcloaks for example? That could just go in General Discussion, but that sections has already a wide range of things which I actually mentioned in another thread.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Ok IMO:

A forum already is a debate. therefore a special section is not needed. xSuoiveDx mentioned the staff is short handed so unless there are people willing to step-up to moderate individual sections, and the other staff, Rayven and Renegader would be even willing to have more staff. Having a special section for everything doesn't make sense. The general section already is a debate section.