• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
    On hearing her question, he sighed "You have to understand, Keara. Not everyone is as open minded as I, I see you as Keara, the lovely Altmer assassin who can shoot a woodlouse from a Spriggan's buttock at a hundred yards with a rusty Iron Bow. Others will see you as vermin, a souless killer. I like you for who you are, not what you are. My instructors at the Abbey in High Rock would have a heart attack if they knew about us. I don't answer to them anymore and Stendaar himself hasn't smited me yet, so maybe he watches over both of us. I don't know, I have this annoying feeling in the back of my head that tells me that I'd feel better if you were mortal once again."

He stopped and took her slender hands in his own hulking armoured hands.

"If Ysgramor himself saw me and you together, he'd split his own plops with Wuuthrad and curse me from Sovngard because you're Mer. I couldn't care less about that at all, I'd tear his stones from his sack before I'd let him say a bad word about you... You know this. I ignore my instincts from my Paladin training days, I fight evil men and destroy them, not those with a condition that makes my so-called superiors at High Rock want me to smite you. So you have to feed on a few bandits or bad people. I can accept that. I know you've got control over your instincts. But still, if you were to cure your vampirism, I would feel like we would have nothing to hide."

He exhaled deeply, as much as he wanted to tell her his true feelings that he had for her, somthing more powerful than his desire to protect the innocent and destroy evil in all forms. He knew she was free-spirited, a wild night child that he had become closer too than anyone in his life. He couldn't, wouldn't burden her with that knowledge knowing it could destroy what they had become.

"Why don't we get some time alone, we have a job to do when the sun rises. A dirty job, one I'm not looking forward to."

He smiled and carried on walking towards the chapel

A.Auditore

maybe...
    rolls her eyes from underneath her hood "I dont understand why you care so much what others think, at times I just think you keep around when you can't find "suitible" tavern wenches" shakes her head as they approach the chapel door she steps behind him lowering her head, speaking in a low voice "I almost fail to see how it would be any different if I was mortal I'd be like everyone else. Are we sleeping in different parts or are we going to bed down together its kinda chilly tonight"

Templar of Talos

He stopped "You think that I am ashamed of you? You think I really care what others think? I left my Order because of the attitudes of people like that. And the only reason I keep you around is because I trust you with my life. If I didn't, would I lay with you? Knowing full well that while I slept you could drain me of my blood? Of course I trust you, I trust you more than I trust other mortals." He told her.

"And I'm bored of Tavern wenches, we bed down together tonight, just because I can offer you sanctuary does not mean the preist can't try and kill you while you sleep. At least if you're with me he can't intrude in the room we lay in. The code doesn't allow it. And truly, I don't care, your vampirism does not change the way I feel about you. But some ignorant bastard like those in Dawnguard or the Vigilants decide to take a shot and get lucky and Tamriel looses a great hero... THAT! Is what concerns me." he said.

They both approached the Chapel, the door was unlocked so they entered. They were immediatley met by a priest.

"Ahh, Sir Paladin, the devines welcome you to this humble chapel. Will you be requiring a place of sanctuary tonight?" the Preist asked.

"Yes, we will. This woman is in great danger and under my personal protection, therefore her saftey and well being is of paramount importance. So I will need a room large enough for two." Danrik ordered.

The priest nodded.

"Of course sir Paladin, however I feel I must warn you, we offer sanctuary to many lost souls this night. I do have a room big enough for two, however there is only one bed, big enough for two people. I do hope this doesn't inconvenience you?" the priest said.

Danrik prentended to be intolerant of this. But he was hoping for this.

"I suppose it will do. I will also need all literature that you have concerning the Daedric prince known as Meridia. And I need it as soon as possible." he requested.

The priest nodded, bowed and walked away towards the library. Danrik already knew what room they had been given, the only room in Anvil's chapel with a double bed. he knew that the priest kept it free whenever he was in town as Danrik liked plenty of room when he slept... Not tonight though. He turned to Keara.

"Nothing like an eager-to-please priest to get you some privacy in a safe place... Come, I need to get this armour off" he said, as he led her to the room.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "Are you going to need help tonight with your armor or are you going to be able to handle it yourself?" Keara followed Danrik to the room and walked past him inside while he held the door open, he stepped in and closed it behind him, she turned and looked at him "Can't believe you just lied to that priest, your going to the void for that" smiles, as she strips down her gear and sits on the edge of the bed " I didn't say anything about you not trusting me, all I am saying is that I feel that you are ashamed of me at times" lays back on the bed letting her legs dangle over "Tomorrow another day, good thing I feed the other night or I wouldn't be here right now, I'd be out lurking in bandit camps or whatever unlucky soul passed my path"

Templar of Talos

He took off his gauntlets and boots and loosened the straps on his curiass and greaves, lifting the steel from his chest, revealing a sleevless vest of linen, which he also removed. "No, removing armour after a hard fight is part of our training. But thanks for the offer." His greaves fell to the ground as he slipped his legs out, a pair of linen trousers were worn underneath. He'd modified the armour over the years, making it more comfortable to wear over lightweight clothing and allowing him more freedom of movement. As a Nord, he was stronger than nearly every other race with exception to the Orcs, and it showed, his muscles were huge, his arms adorned with scarring from previous battles as was his chest and back. His helmet was the last to come off, revealing his long golden maine that sported two braids either side of his face. the braids were held in place with a blue cloth band tied off at the ends. His face was handsome, rugged and sporting a thick layer of stubble like most Nord males and the yellow horn warpaint, the symbol of Stendaar, that adorned his forehead was just visble in the room's low light. He kneeled infront of the Shrine of Stendar that sat on the table, bowed his head and closed his eyes.

"Stendaar, father of the Paladins, please grant me the courage and strength to defend those who cannot defend themselves, and protect the souls I care for from those who would see them harmed. Guide my arm to justice and retribution for those souls who evil has taken hope from, and allow me to restore hope to those who have none. In the names of the Nine, I seek your blessing... Oh, and forgive me for my untruth towards your son, for it was to protect this afflicted woman who seeks my companionship this night and forever." He prayed... He instantly felt better. he stood up and walked to the bed, and sat on it.

"I'm not ashamed of you, I just fear for your saftey is all." he said before shifting his legs up and laying on the bed. "I feel your enemies would lessen if you were mortal, and all our enemies would be shared between us so we can stand together and fight them without remorse or guilt." he added, trying to explain his reasoning without revealing too much of what his heart wanted to say. Three simple words... I love you. He burned to just say them, but without knowing how she'd react, he lacked the courage to say it. One day he would tell her, but that time is not now.

"If you're cold, my arms will save you from it." he said.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "Fear of my safety? Mine?" sits up " I would like to point out here, that I have been around alittle longer than you mister, if I wasn't the skilled archer that I am or a sneaky assassin my butt would have been torched along time ago" pokes him in his side "As for my enemies.. Baw, they only become enemies if they know what I am and let me tell you" she lays down next to him draping her leg over his midsection "That those I do kill, they had it coming, regardless what race, I have no guilt in letting my arrow fly at them ending their life" leans in and kisses him on the cheek and rolls over on her side "Good Night Danrik"

Skyrimosity

It was a short walk to Edwyn's little camp. A tent over a bedroll, a cooking pot over a campfire, and in an excellent hunting ground. Wildlife was fluent in this area and Edwyn didn't often have to go far for dinner. Still, even though it had everything he really needed, it was an often lonely life. Ever since he left his Aunt in Skyrim to explore and settled down in Anvil he'd either be hunting, with Keara and Danrik, or completely alone. He lay down on his bedroll and shut his eyes. He knew it'd be a lot of work tomorrow and he honestly didn't want to think about what may be awaiting them at Meridia's Shrine. He was an early hunter so he knew he'd easily wake up before they were to meet at the gate and that he'd probably be waiting about an hour. But, Edwyn shut his eyes and he fell asleep, as he'd done many other days before this and as he'll do many more days after this.

Templar of Talos

He remained silent, absorbing her words. He knew she had been around longer than he had. And that she was a deadly marksman with her bow and equally dangerous up close. But all it could take is one lucky shot, thrust or slash, and that would be it. He'd slain many of her kind before he had met her, he was 12 years old when he first smashed the the skull of a Vampire to smitherines with nothing but a simple wood and iron mace. He knew she would be harder to kill than most Vampires, she was a trained assassin and an Altmer with more than a lifetimes worth of experience of moving between shadows. He had learned of the power the affliction of Vampirism gives a being. Eyes of a Khajiit, the ability to drain a person of health and take it as their own, amoungst others. He rolled over to look at her, he kissed her on the shoulder and whispered.

"Good night to you too."

Before laying on his back, his hands cradling his head and falling off to sleep.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Conan walked to his ship after finishing his last mead, he had been sat by himself for maybe 1 hour, the rest of the group were probably already asleep.
    He walked out of the tavern, it was dark. Some guards were walking the streets, the lanterns in the city were low but covered the main streets well enough. His mother told him about the lush cities of Cyrodil compared to the war hardy cities of Skyrim.
    He walked through the streets heading to the main gate when he was stopped by a guard ''Excuse me, abit late to be wandering Anvil at this time? May I ask what you are doing at this hour?'' the guard seemed cautious, his hand resting on his blade ready to strike at Conan. The sword was a mere Iron sword usually equipped by guards of Cyrodil, but it still packed a punch on even a orcs hardened skin.
    Conan looked at the guard ''I was merely in the Inn for a few pints, i'm just heading back to my ship at the docks. May I go now?'' the guard looked dodgy, he probably wanted to arrest Conan for merely walking around the city but their were to many proper guards so he merely replied ''Okay sir, but just hurry up the streets are dangerous at night'' the guard smiled and carried on his patrol.
    Conan walked and opened the gates to Anvil docks, it was quiet, all the lanterns were out but the ship was still up and running.
    You could here the Captain and his men laughing playing poker and drinking, Conan wanted to join but he needed rest for he was to meet a Daedric Prince.
    Conan walked onto the ship quietly and got out his key from his satchel placing it into the door and opened it.
    He walked in and began to take of his armor. He took of his boots and gloves first, it was nice to finally be free from the armor.
    He then took of the strap covering his armour so he could slip it off and then took of his greaves. Conan then laid on his bed, falling asleep instantly.

Conan awoke, he could hear the seagulls outside and the people talking about what fish they had caught.
    He put on his armour and tightened it as much as he could, he didn't want it to slip of slightly during a battle they would surely have.
    Conan walked upstairs, his helmet held under his arm, he saw the Captain and shouted up ''What's the time mate?!'' the Captain replied ''It's gonna be dawn in about 2 hours so you could plenty of time to drink some mead haha'' Conan laughed with the Captain, but he needed to have his head straight during the quest otherwise he could die.
    He walked of the ship and approached what seemed to be a fishers market ''Let's have some fish please, and maybe some bread if you got any mate'' the fisher smiled and got some fish and his cleaver.
    He first chopped of the head then got a rather large amount of bread and cut it in 4 quarters, he was about to put all the quarters apart from one away but Conan interrupted the Fisher ''I'll just have it all mate, I'm not gonna be back here for some time'' the fisher gave him the bread and Fish, putting them in separate cheap looking bags and handed it to Conan ''Have the fish on me mate, the bread will cost ya 5 septims'' Conan got 8 septims out of his satchel he kept around his waste and handed it to the fisher ''Have the change on me mate'' the fisher smiled taking the gold ''So what's your story?'' Conan placed the bread and fish into his satchel ''I come here from Skyrim, I arrived here on that boat just over there'' Conan pointed at the ship ''I went to the tavern yesterday and met some people, were heading off to a shrine today on a quest, and that's just what a came here for'' Conan and the fisher smiled then he carried on speaking ''So that's why I'm getting some supplies to keep me from starving, I leave at dawn, so what's your name?'' the fisher replied ''My names George, I've lived here in Anvil all my life, my dad taught me how to fish and ever since I've been running this market. I sell some off the finest fish in all Tamriel'' the fisher smiled then Conan replied ''I gotta go now mate, hope to see you on my return here.'' ''Same with you matey'' the Fisher replied then he carried on chopping his fresh fish.
    Conan walked back onto his ship grabbing a bag to carry over his shoulder and grabbed 500 septims ''I'm gonna need this'' Conan said to himself. Conan then placed the food from his satchel into his bag and took his ink, ink pen and journal out and sat down to begin to write.

Conans journal entry 1:
    Log entry 1, day 1.
    Today I'm to set off on a adventure with 5 fellow adventurers and myself.
    One is a paladin, one a necromancer and another a vampire assassin. It's seems this group of people have been travelling for years and they wish to quest to a shrine. During my visit in Anvil Inn I overheard there conversation and they asked the Inn if anyone would join them.
    Me being me seeking adventure in Tamriel instantly stood and volunteered, then a Khajiit and a argonian volunteered, we are to meet them today (whatever day this is) at the gate at dawn and begin are quest.
    I keep this journal to write about my adventures so that I will always remember these days, and if we die someone has a major lead.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza woke in the room he rented in the Tavern, only to be woke by none other than S'Baadar. "Wake up sleeping beauty, do you want your Skooma or not?" Julanza growled and said, "Maybe I could've woke up when I wanted to??" S'Baadar ignored him and lead him out of the bar. The two then set off for the Shrine of Meridia. S'Baadar packed lots of drinks in his satchel just in case one of the two had gotten dehydrated during the long journey.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn awoke feeling rested. Most people wouldn't have, getting to bed late and waking up before dawn. But such was the life of a hunter. He put on his fur armor, grabbed some mead, and brought a few cuts of spare meat for his food supply. He never worried about not having food, he was such an adept hunter that he often got at least a kill a day. The sun had yet to rise as he arrived at the gate and began to wait for the others. He wondered about Keara and Danrik, how they often spent so much time together. He was also worried that the Khajiit they were bringing along who was going to get some Skooma supplies would just leave after he got them. But mainly, he worried about what horrific things may be awaiting at the Shrine of Meridia. He thought about all these things as he waited for the others to arrive.

R'alle

young but able
    R'alle walked over to the innkeeper. He paid for a room,and saw himself to it. He sat in his bed thinking about the adventure. He stood again and walked out. He went back to the counter and ordered some mead. He drank it slowly savoring the flavor. He usually drinks skooma,but here he would not risk it. He surveyed the room. There were no khajiits around, he was the only one.

He remembered the nord walking out talking about some temple and prayer. The rest of the group followed like a bunch of puppies. He must be the leader. Why else would they follow him? He was never one for religion. Proved more wrong than right, more bad than good. Cuased too many wars than cure diseases. R'alle only believed in ghost,and daedra. The closest thing he believed to heavens,or hells was Oblivion the realm of souls.

R'alle shivered, he never liked thinking about powerful beings like that.He felt his eyelids grow heavy. He put his mead down and fell asleep right on the counter.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara awoke the next morning before Danrik had a chance, she quickly and quitely snuck out bed, got dressed and slipped out of the room and out of the chapel and headed towards the inn, she stepped through the doors and up to the counter "Coffee Please with cream and sugar... lots of sugar" as the cup was handed over to her she headed outside, taking a deep breath of the crisp morning air "awwwh" taking a sip from her cup she looked over the rim and saw Edywn by the gate, she waved at him with her big fang grin spreading across her face "EDWYN!" she started walking towards him when her foot caught a lose stone and she tumbled forward.

she quickly cast an ice spell on her mug to prevent the contents flying everywhere and possibly wearing the coffee, as she tumbled forward she curled into a ball and sumersalted on the ground, making her landing on her rear-end.

she glanced up and saw tha Edwyn was almost in tears from laughing so hard "Could of broke my damn neck" she turned towards one of the guards and yelled at them "Hey fix these roads!!!" she got up and brushed herself off and approached Edwyn, she cupped the mug between her hands and casted a fire spell heating the coffee back up, she takes another sip and hands the coffee out towards him "want a sip?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was barely able to comprehend Keara's offer over the sound of his own laughter. "I don't want a sip of your coffee. But I know it must be good, you were just doing flips over it." He then burst into another fit of laughter. "So, Keara, did you sleep well? And what do you think we'll meet at the Shrine of Meridia?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    shurgs "Fine its wonderful coffee..." takes in another sip "Who knows really could be anything, you know Edwyn you dont have to sleep outside if you are short on septims I can give you some so you can have a room in the inn" rocks on her heels "Oh before I forget" leans in and kisses him on the cheek, he gave her a puzzled look "What? Just be glad it is me that lost the bet and not Danrik" smiles

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was puzzled by the kiss on the cheek but Keara was such a strange women that he shrugged it off. That Keara is such a clumsy girl it's amazing she hasn't broken all the bones in her legs from the amount of trips she took. How was she ever an assassin... " I have plenty of Septims Keara, I just prefer to sleep in nature. It reminds me of where I lived in High Rock and Skyrim. Now I assume you are letting Danrik sleep so he can work off the rest of that mead?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    her eyes shifted towards the chapel "Yeah you can um say he worked off the mead" smiles and shurgs "Do we have everything we are going to need on this trip? What do you think about the others joining us?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn ignored the first thing Keara said and replied "I packed a few cooked pieces of meat with me, if we should need more I'll just go kill it. And of course I packed some mead. I know you don't drink, but Divines know I do! And I just hope the others will be of more use than they've shown so far. Hoping we get some competent fighters and not bodies we'll be dragging back with us. So Keara, are you forgetting anything for the trip? Perhaps a weapon?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "I have my weapons" walks over to a barrel next to the gate, pulling out her bow and arrows, putting them on and strapping them down in place "I like keeping them off me when I am in town prevents say "Accidents" " giggles

Templar of Talos

He was already awake when Keara had left the sanctuary, he allowed her to believe he was still asleep. As soon as the door closed and he heard he leave the chapel he rose, stretched, and reached for his clothing, armour and weapons. Within a few moments he was dressed. He quickly prayed to Stendaar and left the sanctuary and out into the Chapel's main hall. The priest was giving a sermons to the locals of Anvil. They took one look at him and he heard a voice "Praise be the divines, a Paladin!" He never not welcomed greetings such as this. Paladins were known for bringing hope to those that have none. The mere sight of one could change the morale of a suffering community, men who's courage had died would suddenly take up arms when a Paladin would ride in ready to fight at his or her side. Danrik stopped as the crowd stood to greet him with cheers and praise, the priest, obviously frustrated of having his sermons interrupted shook his head with dissapproval. Not that he could object, as Paladin's outranked priests.

"Would you bless my newborn wish a kiss, Sir Paladin?" a woman said, holding up her babe to Danrik's face. Danrik smiled and said "Of course, good lady." He leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on the sleeping babe's forhead, the babe woke up instanly and let out a cheerful chirp and a huge toothless smile. Danrik grinned and said "May Stendaar protect you, little one." He walked through the crowd of worshippers, shaking their hands and patting their shoulders, wishing them the best and the guidance of the Nine. He managed to make it outside to the quiet streets, he was already delayed and wanted to make up time. His plan was to gather materials for the summoning of Meridia, which involved slaying some undead, nothing him and his team couldn't handle. Bonemeal, Rotting Flesh in small doses. Then he would face his greatest challenge. Negotiating with a daedric prince. He saw Keala and Edwyn, he approached them.

"Good morning"