• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
    ((I please ask that player do not post OOC comments in this thread, and if you wish to join us, please apply by posting a character card here -> http://skyrimforum.com/threads/corrupted-souls.12661/ Thank you))
    The Counts Arms. Anvil. Cyrodiil... 5 years after the Oblivion Crisis
    Danric Dark-Bane sat at his table, staring at two empty seats. One eye looked at the half bottle of Nord Mead, his seventh tonight. Were they late? Or was he just too early? He wasn't sure, he lost track of the time after the fourth bottle of mead. He looked around the place, it was not busy. The Nord Paladin was as lost as many of the souls he had saved glory years as a Paladin of the Empire. He thought to himself Hah, I remember when that title... Paladin... actually meant something... His bitterness left a sour taste in his mouth, better than this mead though.

He leaned his chin on an armoured fist, looking at the Dark Elf serving wench that polished empty stone tankards, he gave her a smile. She gave a sly grin and a wink back at him. He had heard about the promiscuity of young Dunmer females. Was she giving him the come on? He had lost his inhibitions enough to find out. But then the door to the tavern opened...

"Dammit to Oblivion!" he whispered.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    The altmer was taken back by the sudden look of anger from her friend Danriks face, she giggled "What by the names in Talos are you so angry about? Did the barkeep cut you off from your mead?" as she stubbled back into the breton behind her, stepping on his toe "Sorry Edywn" turning her attention back to Danrik "Well?" as she adjustes herself and makes her way over towards the table, grabbing the chair and turning it around taking a seat, she looked towards the barkeep "The Usual" barkeep nods "Yes Miss Keara, tea with honey"

Skyrimosity

"That is quite alright Keara." Edwyn had also noticed the look of extreme anger on his friend Danrik's face and walked over to the table. He looked at the barmaid and shouted "3 meads please!" He then looked at his friends and said "And none of them are for you!" He then put on a more serious face and asked: "So, what seems to be bothering you Danrik?" Danrik and Edwyn were very unlikely friends. Edwyn was a necromancer, bounding swords and bows and summoning creatures from Oblivion. Danrik was a Paladin, he spent many years fighting evil Necromancers and expelling creatures from Oblivion. Keara was pretty much the glue that held the 3 friends together, since she didn't have a preference of Necromancer vs. Paladin. Edwyn and Danrik for the most part tried to ignore talking about Oblivion as the two had different views.

Templar of Talos

Danrik watched as his two friends, the former Assassin, Keara and the 'Necromancer' Edwyn, walked into the tavern. The large, steel draped Nord stood to greet them, not realising just how drunk he was... Again and almost falling back in his chair. Keara was a typical Altmer, slender, graceful like a spriggan. Edwyn, a Breton looked like any Breton, but then again the state he was in, even Kahjiit and Argonians looked alike.

"Well, Look what the Sabrecat dragged in" He bellowed, followed by a hearty laugh. He remembered their questions.

"Keara, I was going to test the age old theory about the promiscuity of young Dunmer females before you walked in and ruined it for me... And Edwyn, as much as I would die for you... You know damn well whats on my mind... But anyway, sit down and join me" He said in various tones of his voice.

He fell back in his chair, picked up a bottle of Nord mead, and chugged it down, belching loudly...

"WENCH!!! More Mead!" he snarled.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn had already drunk a bottle of mead by the time Danrik finished talking. The best mead in all of Cyrodiil, surely. "Don't worry Danrik. Should you die I'll just raise you up from the dead." Edwyn smiled at this remark, then he got worried. In his friend's drunken state, he might mistake the remark as being serious instead of a joke. Nothing worse than an angry drunken Paladin.
    (OOC: hits head until remembers to highlight on first post without edits.)

A.Auditore

maybe...
    rolls her eyes at the two " I fail to see how I "ruined" something for you Danrik, You're probably to drunk to even perform the duty" laughs letting her fangs show, her drink is placed in front of her, shaking her head before taking a long drink "Besides, I have heard not so good things about that one" looking over her shoulder, getting a disgusted look on her face before turning back

Templar of Talos

He first looked at Edwyn, and even though he knew he was joking about him raising him from the dead, he gave him an angry look. And placed his enchanted ebony Mace on the table.

"You know how many Necromancers I've slain with this? How many Zombies, Draugr, Skeletons and Deadra? Thousands, more than thousands... And I do not intend to add you to that list. So if I die, leave me dead" he said, ending the sentance with a wink.

Then turned to Keara. Leaning back in his chair and giving her a sly wink.

"You're just jealous that you probably couldn't handle me. Not even she could handle me." He said, motioning to the Dunmer serving wench.

"But still, the last time I took a woman home when I was a drunk as this, she had green skin and tusks. And with those ears of hers, I had to sneak out of her house naked, carrying my weapons and gear in case I woke her up with the noise of me strapping my armour on." He turned to Edwyn "Orc women don't take rejection easy let me tell you" he said, winking again and rubbing his bearded jaw as though he had just been punched there.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    nearly spits out her tea across the table "I couldnt handle you? Please... I could take you any day of the week, even on my bad days and you know how those are" laughs "You would be the one that couldn't handle this" gets up and walks over to the bar leans over the bar looking for the bags of tea

Skyrimosity

Edwyn looked at Danrik, with a surprisingly serious look on his face "If I were to be an evil Necromancer, I pray you would slay me." Then the joking look returned to his face and he said "Would you two like me to leave the room so you can work in this out? Or perhaps I'll buy you both a room and let you work out your differences. And as for rejection, don't even get me started on Argonian women..."

Templar of Talos

Danrik smiled at Edwyn "If I had to, I'd give you a quick and glorious death, old friend, count on it. I pray to Stendaar that day never comes. And as for Argonian women, I told you not to read that book, it can only lead to trouble." he said chuckling.

He glanced over at Keala, she was probably right. He sometimes forgets that she's afflicted with Vampirism, even though she probably see's the power it gives her as a gift in her work. He remembered a time when he was a young Paladin, hungry to prove himself to earn his Knighthood and slay every dark creature that crossed his path. Then he met her, and what they had been through over the years. His views on dark creatures and malevolence was a little more tempered nowadays. He still prays for a day when she would accept the cure for her condition. And he prays his heart out that she may never turn her power on an innocent, otherwise he'd have no choice. And with what he went through at Chorrol five years ago, and how she saved his life during that dark time. He felt closer to her than any of his former compatriots in the Crimson Order, the order of Paladins he served years ago. He shook his head, pulling his mind back to the present.

"Well, it matters not, we're here now, lets see what the locals have for us, maybe some Daedra Lord has descended apon us, or an army of raised undead stalks these lands looking for fresh meat, and they need the services of three old friends and strong arms to deal with it" he bellowed out followed with a hearty chuckle, causally leaning his mace over his shoulder. Grinning like a Bosmer on Skooma...

Skyrimosity

"You told me not to read that book, Danrik? As I recall you told me it was a thrilling adventure about an Argonian who is forced into being a maid. Yea, the reading was a BIT different."

Edwyn began to think about Keara, how they first met. Keara had received a contract to assassinate a man living in the woods of Anvil. Keara snuck her way to the cabin unseen and on Morndas had arrived. Edwyn had been working on some new spells with a friend of his and on that same Morndas was at the man's cabin to finalize his training. He was about to leave when a young girl, about age 26 he had guessed, burst into the cabin. "Arkvir, Sithis wants you to die! Prepare to join the void!" Edwyn was surprised by this. Who would want Arkvir dead? Arkvir replied "Foolish girl! You have no idea how powerful I've become!" Edwyn watched in horror as Arkvir raised 2 Imperial soldiers from the dead. The soldiers had been out of sight in the man's closet. The soldiers rushed at the girl, knocking her over onto the floor. They held her arms on the ground and Arkvir approached. "Haha, silly girl. Did you really think you could best me?" Edwyn had had enough. He grabbed Arkvir by the throat, placed him against the wall, bound a sword to his hand, and stabbed the man. He was instantly dead.

Edwyn then helped Keara up. "I... I'm sorry about that. I didn't know he practiced the truly evil arts. I'm Edwyn, a necromancer who uses his power more responsibly than most." Keara replied "That's fine. There's no contract against you. I thank you for your help, he may have actually bested me. My name is Keara." It was then Edwyn noticed she was a vampire. "If you are ever in Anvil, you can find me either hunting or in the Counts Arms. Visit sometime." "I'll be sure to do that." And so it came that whenever Keara was in Anvil she would visit Edwyn. Keara would occasionally bring her friend Danrik but when she retired from doing contracts the 3 were often found together in Anvil.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    flips herself over the counter "Where are the blasted tea bags!?" looks up and over at her two companions "You two think you know sooooooo much about women don't you?" disappears behind the counter continuing to look for the bags "I know he keeps the good stuff hidden" stands back up and places her hands on the bar, her devilish grin spreads across her face "He is hiding them... Anways I suppose we can look for work, as I have almost grown bored of you two just bantering about on argonian and orc women"

Skyrimosity

'You have grown bored of our bantering have you Keara? You just cannot find those tea bags, can you?" Edwyn walks over to the Dunmer waitress "Hey, can you give me your finest tea please?" "Sure thing sir." The Dunmer proceeded to unlock a chest in the corner and pull out a bag of fine tea. "Here you go sir. And if you ever need a companion for the night, just let me know." "I might just take that offer sometime." Edwyn then walked over to Keara and decided he'd help her out by politely ripping open the tea bag and pouring it all in your head. He laughed and said "Shall I be putting your head in a bucket of boiling water?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    glares at Edwyn "Youre going to pay for that, wasting such fine tea" shakes her head letting the tea float in the air only to flutter down on the bar counter "It would like me dumping this fine mead on you, though I highly doubt you'd mind that, filthy bret" her devilish grin spreads across her face as she readies herself and leaps over the bar, tackling Edwyn... or at least trying as she leaped towards him, his sturdy frame blocked her advances as he caught her, she let out a low growl "hmmm what a fine mess I have seem to have gotten in no?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn was a bit surprised the girl would even attempt a tackle on him, be it playful or not. "Keara, you have the most interesting ways of talking to a friend now don't ya?" Edwyn lifted the woman to her feet with his arm. "Next time You may find yourself on the floor. With all the Mead I've drunken its lucky that I caught you." "Waitress, another fine tea for my friend here. And this time, I'll let her drink it. If she's nice, of course. And bring 5 more Meads, I'm in the drinking mood."

A.Auditore

maybe...
    giggles as he placed her down, rolling her eyes at him "Its a wonder why I even bother hanging out with you two" smiles at she remembered the time he saved her life from that crazied man in his cabin, shakes her head free of thought that her life would of ended if he had not been there "You guys should be thankful that I still like you two, even if most of the time you are drunk" sticks her tongue out at him quickly sticking it back into her mouth, she remembered the last time she did that at him he was quick that night and caught it between his thumb and pointing finger and gave it a great tug, smiles and walks back over to Danrik "Well then, lead the way" to be honest she wouldnt want it any other way, the three of them had been through so much with each other that almost being without them made her sick to her stomach

Templar of Talos

Watching his friends bantering with some amusement, and preparing a healing spell in his head in case things turned serious and blows were exchanged, Danrik simply laughed.

"Well, well. I see the greater things in life never changed. Like one big happy family." He chuckled

He thought back to five years ago at the Siege of Chorrol during the Oblivion crisis. His steel Imperial armour shone, he had over two hundred men at his command and lesser Daedra were pouring out of the Oblivion gate. It was almost glorious as Danrik smashed his way through the oncoming Scamps and Clanfear with his war mace. Daedric heads exploded at the impacts, his powerful Nord muscles driving the weapon through bone and blood.

"FOR STENDAAR!!!" He roared. They say that for a warrior to fight at the side of a Paladin is a spiritual experience, even religeous. He grabbed a Scamp with his left hand by it's throat, growling as he squeezed the life out of it... "Are you the best they could send? Are you the best that Dagon has to offer?" He roared as he crushed it's neck... He was in full, Nord battle mode now, his heart raging and on fire... It was glorious.

Arrows flew from the ranks of Archers under his command, Bosmer, Redguard, Nord, Imperial, the finest this world had to offer. Even the ironclad Orcs were itching to charge in. But then a different sound filled the air.

"MOOORTAAAALLL!!!!" the voice un-natural.

Danrik turned to face it's source. A figure, wearing, foul demonic looking armour and carrying a flaming Mace stepped from the open Oblivion gate... it was a Daedric warrior of some kind.

"I SHALL TEAAR YOU APART MORTAAAL!!!! AND FEAST ON YOOOUUR BOOONNNESSS!!!" came the voice, almost painful to hear.

Danrik snarled and faced the monster.

"Then come, foul creature, taste the justice of Stendaar's fist!" he growled.

Mortal and Daedra charged at eachother, mace verses mace as the two swang blows at eachother. Danrik quickly equipped his shield, a finley crafted steel plate with the symbol of a crimson Horn on the the face of it. Enchanted to resist all forms of elemental magical attacks, standard issue for an Imperial Paladin. Paladins were Battlemages specifically trained for combat against undead and Daedra. The take a vow to serve justice in Stendaar's name, although some Paladin's worship other devines such as Talos or Arkay. The Crimson Order devoutly worshipped Stendaar, the devine of Justice and Mercy.

Danrik blocked another blow from the Daedra's mace with his shield and retaliated with a swing from his own, the mace connected, in the heat of the moment, the Nord swang a powerful upwards back hand which knocked the Daedric warrior upwards and to the ground. Danrik stood over the fallen foe.

"In the name of Stendaar the righteous, I smite you and send you back to Oblivion" he snarled, raising his Mace ready to deliver the killing blow.

The Daedra simply chuckled, then laughed.

"FOOLISH MORTAL! TOO CONCERNED WITH YOUR OWN VICTORY TO NOT NOTICE THE SLAUGHTERING OF INNOCENTS.... HAHAHAHAHAH!!!" it sneered.

Danrik's eyes widened as he looked to his right, a group of civillians he had rescued when the Gate first appeared lay dead, burned to a crisp by a group of surrounding scamps. His heart fell like a stone in water. Then he felt his legs swept away from under him, and steel clashed with mud. He shook his head and attempted to get to his feet, but the foot of the Daedra clamped his chest to the ground.

"AND NOOOWW FOOL... YOU SHAAALLL BURN FOR ALL ETERINITY!!" it snarled as it raised it's own mace, burining within it's hands. Danrik prayed to Stendaar for both forgiveness for his own vanity and mercy...

Then an arrow seemed to appear from the Daedra's left eye, if dropped down dead...

His spirit crushed, an elegant arm slipped underneath his right shoulder and a feminine voice with an elven accent said "Come on, Hero snap out of it!"

He glanced up and saw her, an Altmer woman, somehow she was different to the Altmer he had seen before, her skin was... Paler

"I-Wha- Who?" he mumbled.

"Keara... My name is Keara" she said...

Danrik shook his head back to the present day. He never liked remembering the darkest moment in his life, the day he let innocents die for his own vanity. The mead, lots of it helped him forget.

"Sorry, Keara. You said somthing?" he asked.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza stumbled on into the bar in Anvil with a piece of paper in his hand, it was packed with people and he heard the voices of many conversations. He had recieved a letter from a courier that was written by his Skooma dealer, it said to meet him at that Bar and walk with him outside so they wouldn't be seen by the barkeep, and reported to the guards. Gods know what would happen then... When he walked through the door he growled angrily, his Skooma dealer was a Khajiit but he saw no Khajiit inside the place. He yelled, "Damn kitty cat. By the Hist, I'll tear his fluffin' ears off and eat them for dinner if I don't get my!......" he was crumbling the letter in his hand out of anger, but then paused for a second and looked around and saw everyone sitting down starring at him. He knew he drew attention with his angry outburst, so he had to come up with something to say. "My...uhh, my spell book!" he said hesitantly, trying to pull off a legit lie. He saw the crowd of friends starring at him for his disruption, so he walked to the Barmaid, attempting to be discreet and blend in, and said, "Excuse me, ma'am, have you seen a male white furred Khajiit with blue eyes walk in? He has a scar on his face, he's 'bout this tall..." the Barmaid looked at him with a look of nervousness on her face, but she answered him anyway, "Yeah, actually I have. Why?". Julanza sighed in irritation, knewing he was probably late, but looked at the barmaid and answered her, "It's.... a friend of mine, he has a spell book that I let him borrow. I need it back." The Barmaid just ignored him and walked back to her counter, while Julanza sat down at an empty table with his tail hanging off the side of the chair and put his head under his arms.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    looks to Danrik with some concern "I simply said lead the way... Are you ok Danrik you look kinda ill... I told you not to drink so much mead its going to mess you up" her attention was quickly turned to the door as an Argonian stumbled in, making a ruckes and drawing attention to himself, she glanced over at the scaley creature almost talking to herself"I wonder what he is up to?" shakes it off and returns her attention back to them "In honestly I wish you two didn't drink, but no matter what I say, you don't listen" shurgs "Oh well" wonders back over to the bar grabbing her tea glaring at the dunmer, leaning in whispering to her "You stay away from them you hear me or You'll regret the day you crossed me" smiles sweetly and waltz back over "Now then, where to first?" shifting her weight from the left side and checking that she has everything somewhat in order, taking a sip her tea

Templar of Talos

He looked to Keala and smiled assuringly.

"Don't worry, my Nord blood will have me sober in a few moments. You know what we Son's of Skyrim are like, we piss mead and fart battle-cries." He said, laughing out loudly as he stood. He cracked his neck before shaking the the last bit of muzziness out of his head.

He walked over to them both. Pulling out a piece a parchment rolled up.

"Okay, this is very serious indeed. It comes directly from the Imperial Council, and it involves an Elder Scroll. And we're going to have to go to something that I wouldn't have dreamed of going to not so long ago." He paused. Looking at both Edwyn and Keara.

"We need to go to the Shrine of Meridia."