• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Katastrophe

King of Tales
There really isn't much to be gimped in--my current character has her build totally completed, and she's only level 47. Anything after that is just a bonus way to play in case I get bored or want to do something silly.

Like leap onto targets from rooftops wearing heavy armor, then dashing away like a phantom.
I don't why this reminds me of the mage in Morrowind that falls in front of you at the start of the game.
Minus the dashing away part, of course.

And Psiberzerker you make a good point... I really just put those points into smithing to get the Dragon Bow and such. Not really a huge fan of the armor but... I dunno. /shrug I opted for those perks not for stats, but rather visuals.

Continuing my previous mention of heavy-RP, I plan to use rules similar to those seen here, as well as other sites, and some I've used in the past.

• Obviously no fast travel aside from the carts and boats. If you didn't know, there's a boat in Dawnstar that can take you to Solitude or Windhelm. The more you know.... -sparkle-
  • Eating, drink and sleep regularly. Won't make it any more strict then this. In the past I usually eat after waking up, before going to bed, and somewhere in-between.
  • Master difficulty.
  • HUD set to very faint, quest markers and crosshairs disabled.
  • Carrying capacity reduced to one third.
  • Max of 30 arrows total.
  • Must have a hand free to use a potion.
  • May not swim in water containing ice.
  • Having a horse allows me to carry up to an additional 100 lbs.
  • Only manual save after sleeping. These are the only saves that can be loaded upon death.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I don't why this reminds me of the mage in Morrowind that falls in front of you at the start of the game.
Minus the dashing away part, of course.

And Psiberzerker you make a good point... I really just put those points into smithing to get the Dragon Bow and such. Not really a huge fan of the armor but... I dunno. /shrug I opted for those perks not for stats, but rather visuals.

Continuing my previous mention of heavy-RP, I plan to use rules similar to those seen here, as well as other sites, and some I've used in the past.

• Obviously no fast travel aside from the carts and boats. If you didn't know, there's a boat in Dawnstar that can take you to Solitude or Windhelm. The more you know.... -sparkle-
  • Eating, drink and sleep regularly. Won't make it any more strict then this. In the past I usually eat after waking up, before going to bed, and somewhere in-between.
  • Master difficulty.
  • HUD set to very faint, quest markers and crosshairs disabled.
  • Carrying capacity reduced to one third.
  • Max of 30 arrows total.
  • Must have a hand free to use a potion.
  • May not swim in water containing ice.
  • Having a horse allows me to carry up to an additional 100 lbs.
  • Only manual save after sleeping. These are the only saves that can be loaded upon death.

I don't bother with these "hardcore modes" myself. But a friend has that potion rule, but he neglects it if one hand has a spell in it since the hand is empty, other then the magic which can be dispelled and resummoned instantaneously, and therefore available to drink the potion. I wanted to know your opinion on that rule and suggest it to you for RP reasons. I personally can't keep myself following these hardcore rules. I wish Bethesda would add a hardcore mode though for people like you. Might even try it myself since I could probably follow it easier that way.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
I don't bother with these "hardcore modes" myself. But a friend has that potion rule, but he neglects it if one hand has a spell in it since the hand is empty, other then the magic which can be dispelled and resummoned instantaneously, and therefore available to drink the potion. I wanted to know your opinion on that rule and suggest it to you for RP reasons. I personally can't keep myself following these hardcore rules. I wish Bethesda would add a hardcore mode though for people like you. Might even try it myself since I could probably follow it easier that way.
It makes sense, certainly. I rarely find myself using magic in any of the TES games (no clue why) though, except to heal. Although I'd hope that if he's casting Flames in a stream of fire that he'd stop it to drink, and then resume. But that's just being nit picky.

And I agree. I loved the Hardcore mode in New Vegas. It wasn't a big deal, in my opinion, but it still added a little something. And with the ability to cook food in Skyrim (which are useless compared to even the most basic potions), I fail to see why it wasn't included. Perhaps they wanted to badly to hit that 11-11-11 release date that they didn't have time to finalize it...? I dunno. I've seen a few mods out there that simulate a hardcore mode, however. But again, console... :mad:

I just feel like the self-imposed rules keep the gameplay a bit more interesting. As I said before, I'm a horrible pack rat. Limiting my carrying capacity helps negate that. Besides, 300 lbs is stupidly high...

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
It makes sense, certainly. I rarely find myself using magic in any of the TES games (no clue why) though, except to heal. Although I'd hope that if he's casting Flames in a stream of fire that he'd stop it to drink, and then resume. But that's just being nit picky.

And I agree. I loved the Hardcore mode in New Vegas. It wasn't a big deal, in my opinion, but it still added a little something. And with the ability to cook food in Skyrim (which are useless compared to even the most basic potions), I fail to see why it wasn't included. Perhaps they wanted to badly to hit that 11-11-11 release date that they didn't have time to finalize it...? I dunno. I've seen a few mods out there that simulate a hardcore mode, however. But again, console... :mad:

I just feel like the self-imposed rules keep the gameplay a bit more interesting. As I said before, I'm a horrible pack rat. Limiting my carrying capacity helps negate that. Besides, 300 lbs is stupidly high...

I can carry 565 lbs. 300 from default. 100 from perk. 100 from steed stone. And whatever I got from stamina increase. I love it because I got a lot of glitched quest items screwing me over as well as my weapons. I carry Mehrunes' Razor, daedric bow, and Dawnbreaker. And I have weightless armor. So after all the things I never put away are out of my inventory I'm at about 140. I like it since I can run quite a few dungeons in one trip.

Point being you thing the default is crazy? Look at what I can carry! I don't even care about carry weight anymore! It's a good thing I don't aim for 100% realistic.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
It makes the game boring, in my opinion, and that's primarily because of money. By not fast traveling and limiting your carry capacity, you severely limit your loot and that greatly decreases the amount of money you have, which raises the value of either making your own gear (far cheaper, if not free) or just make purchasing stuff that much better.

On my character that was legitimately 100% Stamina, I think I was well over 300k at level 30.