Squirrel_Killers- Ultimate Guide to Game Breaking Defense

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Before we begin:

I've been gone awhile since my computer was FULL of viruses from my school network, but that meant I've had a lot of Skyrim time since I had to use the time I'm normally on my PC somehow. Now then during this time I wanted to work out the ultimate tank, and in the process I broke the game to a whole new level. I abused every single trick in the game to do this, and so I made a total game breaker who will laugh off even the strongest hits. Who wasn't just resistant to magic, but out right immune, ALL THE TIME. I really over did it on the defense, I am almost ashamed of how game breaking it got.

I'm sorry, was that spell meant to do something?:

Let's start out with the easy part, magic defense. You see first thing first, ignore Breton's once we're done here their racial is null and the Orc racial will be the one that makes you even more stupidly unharmable, but that will leave for later. For now just know you're picking Orc.

Next stop is to become a Vampire (Lord) and get the perks Atronach and Necromage as well as the Atronach Stone. This gives you 100% spell absorb. Now a lot of people misunderstand the mechanics of spell absorb. So to explain it we are going to pretend to have 50% spell absorb, and pretend you are being hit by an imaginary spell which does 10 points of damage with a magicka value of 10, and you have no resistance besides the spell absorption to it. Now most people seem to thing you will take 5 points of damage and gain 5 magicka. This is wrong. The absorb magicka effect woulds on a "roll" system, 50% of the time the spell will do 0 damage and give 10 magicka, 50% of the time the spell will do 10 damage and give 0 magicka. So at 100% absorb every spell will be absorbed, and that includes dragon breath and I believe even shouts.

There we go, solved magic right there. No need for extra enchantments now is there? Oh and since you're a vampire poison and disease are also eliminated completely. A little over kill already aren't we?

Hit harder, I feel insulted by your lack of ability to inflict lasting physical harm:

Now here it gets a little more complex. People all think to go full on level cap with Daedric, wrong. Thing is Light Armor smithed to the Armor Cap is just as good as Heavy Armor at the cap, both will not deflect more than 80% damage no matter how much you improve it. So get full dragonscale. Why take the time with Light Armor? Simple, you move faster in it, it's weightless sooner, and the level 100 perk Daft Movement makes it so 1 out of 10 melee attacks are just outright ignored, and those that aren't still do just as little damage to you as they would to a Daedric tank, with the nice bonus of increased stamina regen from Wind Walker.

Now that we hit the limit, let's break it. You want to get 100% cost reduction on Alteration and use Dragonhide after using Become Ethereal (you only need the first word) so they can't hurt you during the 3 second charge up. If you have the perk Stability it lasts twice as long, and if you pull both triggers it still works like duel casting so it lasts even longer. And this will reduce 80% of the damage you take after your armor deflects 80% of it. So now you are barely feeling that Legendary dragons blows. Let's take this even further. If you have the Dragonborn DLC and collect the Bones of the Earth Power in a pinch you can layer that on top to gain an additional 80% reduction on whatever is left from before. Am I done? Nope, lets finish this off with the Orc's daily Berserker Rage Ability and cut whatever is left in half.

Now that the Nords have willingly forsaken Talos to worship you as their new hero god, let's make it a little bit harder to hurt you. Pick up a shield and further reduce the damage you take by blocking, Maxing out your Shield Wall perk and grab Deflect Arrows to deal with those archers. You don't need Elemental Protection since magic is harmless to you already, and because we just declared ourselves untouchable gods, lets get Avoid Health for the fun of it. In case you go AFK without pausing while fighting a few dozen legendary dragons at once. Besides don't forget that in a real pinch you can just use Become Ethereal to become immune to damage.

Wow, I feel like we have broke the matrix or something, at this point you could use just an iron dagger and nothing in the game would be able to do the damage needed to kill you fast enough to survive as you slowly kill them with the dagger.

Recap on what perks, enchantments, and other goodies you need to achieve this:

Race: Orc​
Standing stone: Atronach​
Skills: Alteration, Enchanting, Block, Light Armor, Restoration.​
Spells/abilities: Dragonhide, Berserker Rage, Bones of the Earth (optional).​
Enchantments: 100% Cost reduction on Alteration.​

You, my friend, have just reached a point where your Daedric clad "god character" just got turned into a pussy compared to what I just showed you.

Before I go:

Thanks again to all of you for all your support, I love writing guides, and sometimes I just get bored and this is the result of my insanity. It realy means a lot when people leave comments or rep, or anything on my guides for and get use out of them. I work hard on all of these and I try to make them as good as I can, and sometimes I learn things in the process of writing them. Please if you have any suggestions let me know, and I will try to take them into account. If you just want to call me awesome, that's cool too. I read ever single comment people put on my guides so don't hold back. If you want help about anything in game just PM me. I am always excited to help you and even write a whole guide when I feel the need. Don't forget to read my other guides.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Really well done and I, for1, am glad you have gone through the effort to work all that out. I really enjoy being immune to all magic through absorbtion, and iv implemented some of the physical points as well. Being near invinsible can be fun for awile, but if you dont wanna quite so powerful than its easy to just not cast dragonhide at the begining of a battle...

Good job though Mr Squirrel Killer :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts