• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Well... This is a WTF thread, right?2014-09-29 13.53.52.jpg

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
It gets worse. Wanna know what the lusty reikling was looking at?2014-09-29 13.55.24.jpg

Wildroses

So Belethor died in a vampire attack today. I woke up in the morning and found his corpse after heading to Warmaidens. The character I'm playing can't reload, so I just stomped off to Arcadia's Cauldron, glaring at Belethor's surprisingly ungriefstricken boy toy who urges me to stop by his shop. Rather to my surprise, as I walk past said shop I notice it open. My curiosity gets the better of me, I go in...

And Ysolda is standing behind the counter urging me to take a good look around as she's sure I'll find something I need. I can trade with her and everything.

I didn't even know it was possible for Ysolda to take over Belethor's General Goods. I was going wtf for an awful long time. I have no idea if this is something Bethesda meant, one of my mods put her there or if I have the most convenient bug ever. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

LuChao

The Martial artist
its part of her programming if Belethor dies Ysolda takes over and runs the store I have had it happen on my PS3 in alot of game saves throughout the years

Brofski

So I'm on route to the shrine of Azura. Pass an imperial party 3 of marching a stormcloak prinsoner with his hand tied. No big deal. Suddently, they start shouting and run towards a frost troll. The stromcloak is now free, but follows the imperials. his hand no longer tied, he begins to punch the troll. Anyway, one imperial dies, but then the troll does. Stormclock goes in the middle of them and his hand are bound again. Instead of running for freedom, he helped them kill the troll. Thought it was rather bizarre.

TheNatural

I actually have a decent one, that happened to me this morning, I was coming here to post about it, but got distracted by other threads.

I was on a pretty new Character, only level 17 and I was really just running around the world, trying to make some money and find some materials for smithing, and I came across a cave, the name is escaping me, but I really thought it was just going to be an innocuous cave with the possibility of some ore, maybe some drauger, you know, the standard fare. I was coming around a corner, and I heard voices of bandits, I looked down the ramp leading further into the depths of the cave and saw three standing there. I positioned myself and got a sneak shot off with my bow, and I notice the health bar barely move, It was a bandit thug, with two bandit outlaws. I was carved up pretty quickly.

I load back up at the entrance of the cave, and realize I am going to need my follower to tank and I am going to need to use my poisons and such if I am going to live. So I give it another go. My follower spends about 3 seconds fighting the three as I snipe, and she is on her knee, they then promptly kill me.

This happened two more times, with varying degrees of success, so I decide I am going to give it one more shot. I go around the corner, and I wasn't thinking, and just fire off a stealth shot with my follower still far behind... I miss. They run towards me and up the ramp and I let off a Fus-Ro-Da. They we're piled right in front of me, so all three got blasted back pretty far into a smaller part of the corridor. I had already turned and ran, but I noticed I wasn't being chased. I cautiously go back and can see the three corpses lying dead in the narrow corridor. I was shocked. I was thinking, "Oh my god! One Fus-Ro-Da killed these guys! I am awesome!" So I just stand up and go to loot the bodies... and promptly step on a pressure plate, and the giant swinging log trap that killed them smacks me in the face and I died.

That is why I am taking a break right now.

TheNatural Speaking of threads, I've given my first thread until the end of February to be recognized. If anyone decides to check it out, please give me advice on how to better hook members into future roleplay threads. I'm fairly experienced in roleplaying, but nobody seems interested and I fear that future roleplay threads will go unnoticed. I could always revamp my cc and join another thread, but give my character's general background, it may be difficult. Anyways, if someone or some people could go and check it out and, if it's bad, given me some advice.. I would be very thankful.

Anyways- we all joke about how obvious those traps are and how obvious enemies can be (talking bandits) - but honestly, traps can be hard to detect since you're not always looking at the ground, and enemies can be quiet and hidden in the dark for no good reason. Those "giant swinging log traps" are particular dastardly! I hope that your in-game experiences will be more tame and.. heroic.. the next time you log in.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
So after like a year of having Dragonborn I finally decide to go to Sohlsteim (kinda ashamed to admit it but I avoided it for the same reason I stopped playing Morrowwind when I was a kid: Silt Striders creep me the hell out). Anyways I go through the main questline and beat it in one go so I decide to go and fight that dragon priest everyone was saying was difficult.

Well after like 10 minutes and 30 potions later I finally beat him but then the craziest thing happens. The game goes in slow motion for some reason with the priest staring daggers at me and right when it turns into ash my game crashes. It was no big deal as I saved beforehand and could simply load it back. However now I can't even run Skyrim on my computer anymore. Apparently a video game character can curse my computer. Who knew? :confused:

Gregor Moon Fang When fighting Miraak, I have encountered lag - heavy at times but light for the most part - but no crashing. Perhaps, to get more help on solving this, you could take your issue to "Skyrim help" section of this website? The people there would likely help out far more than we can. In any case, what an insane moment! Perhaps it crashes because so many scripts were running at once. I don't know, I can't mod to save my hide.

I couldn't help but notice from your signature that you've joined the Daggerfall Covenant. I don't play TESO, but I've always played a Breton in TES games. I'm a fan of Breton lore, and had a few months where I was intrigued with the Daggerfall Covenant, and Ebonarm. Anyways, I saw that and thought it was pretty swish.

Last edited:
I was just remembering a moment in Falskaar. I play with Frostfall installed, and didn't expect Falskaar to be so rainy and cold. During a very important main-quest mission, I froze to death (I tried to avoid this using TIM and then TGM, but to no avail. Even with TGM I can lose health in combat - maybe that's just an issue with Duel Combat Overhaul or the fact that I usually play on Master or Legendary difficulty). When I first came to Falskaar, the only way I could return to Skyrim was a boat that I didn't have money for (sure I could cheat it in, but I didn't want to go home before completing all Falskaar quests so they wouldn't be on my quest log). I blacked out (in-game) and woke up at Candlehearth Hall. Apparently nearly dying can bypass Falskaar's magic and teleport me back home.

TheNatural Speaking of threads, I've given my first thread until the end of February to be recognized. If anyone decides to check it out, please give me advice on how to better hook members into future roleplay threads. I'm fairly experienced in roleplaying, but nobody seems interested and I fear that future roleplay threads will go unnoticed. I could always revamp my cc and join another thread, but give my character's general background, it may be difficult. Anyways, if someone or some people could go and check it out and, if it's bad, given me some advice.. I would be very thankful.

Anyways- we all joke about how obvious those traps are and how obvious enemies can be (talking bandits) - but honestly, traps can be hard to detect since you're not always looking at the ground, and enemies can be quiet and hidden in the dark for no good reason. Those "giant swinging log traps" are particular dastardly! I hope that your in-game experiences will be more tame and.. heroic.. the next time you log in.

What is your roleplay thread called? I'll go and take a look at it - I've been looking for new RPs to join. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
I just had a couple of LOL moments yesterday and today. Yesterday I was given a bounty to kill a dragon so I fast traveled to a close location. When i took about two steps and was attacked by TWO dragons! One was the bounty and the other was random. I killed the random and absorbed his soul. I fought and killed the bounty dragon and he did Not turn to bone Nor give me his soul! I was like WHHHAAAAT? This afternoon I logged back in and fast traveled to Riften and the game tells me "Absorbed dragon soul." Ok cool. I go out on another quest to run into a blood dragon attacking a bandit camp. After it kills them all, I kill it. As it dies it's body dances all around the camp. When it was done it ends up upside-down with its head buried in the ground! Until now, I'd never had any problems with glitches playing on the xbox360.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I've been wondering if my bow is overpowered. Bears, no problem; wolves, no problem; giants, no problem; almost anything, no problem; now to the weird part: sabre cats and mammoths like to take flight and do somersaults whenever I hit them. It's just plain weird. Of course the kneeling trolls on EVERY shot (even at 3X @ 94 damage per shot) is cute to me. Sure it makes the kill easy, but it's almost like they're recognizing my dominance. :)

What is your roleplay thread called? I'll go and take a look at it - I've been looking for new RPs to join. :)

At the time when I posted that comment, I had a thread called "λsнεs τσ λsнεs" going on. Nobody had been replying to it. I've recently abandoned that thread and re-written my character's background. My new thread, of which I am determined to have continue this time around, is called “Tʜᴇ Rᴏᴀᴅ Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ." You can view it in my signature (middle link). If you're interested, please do consider joining. Otherwise, I'll be forced to join an already-existing thread - which isn't bad, but I'd rather return to the world of roleplaying with my own thread, not somebody else's.

FullmetalHeart20

So Belethor died in a vampire attack today. I woke up in the morning and found his corpse after heading to Warmaidens. The character I'm playing can't reload, so I just stomped off to Arcadia's Cauldron, glaring at Belethor's surprisingly ungriefstricken boy toy who urges me to stop by his shop. Rather to my surprise, as I walk past said shop I notice it open. My curiosity gets the better of me, I go in...

And Ysolda is standing behind the counter urging me to take a good look around as she's sure I'll find something I need. I can trade with her and everything.

I didn't even know it was possible for Ysolda to take over Belethor's General Goods. I was going wtf for an awful long time. I have no idea if this is something Bethesda meant, one of my mods put her there or if I have the most convenient bug ever. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
She's already selling soft core drugs. Is it really surprising that she cut a deal with the Vampires? XD

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
Ok I had a new weird glitch today. I was upgrading tons of looted gear at Balimund's in Riften. I was doing this for so long, it went from day to night and back to day again. I started hearing several npcs talking to me at once so I turned around from the worktable. EVERY NPC IN TOWN was standing INSIDE the FORGE! They were all just talking and moving their arms and legs, but it was like they couldn't get out. I laughed so hard I almost peed. This game is so amazing sometimes lol

GlacialDoom

Not really WTF, but I laughed a lot. I was doing the wedding crash quest for the Dark Brotherhood, and I absolutely sucked at it; I would get killed almost instantly. So I assassinated whoever I had to, and I jumped from the balcony. Then, I got followed for about 10 minutes by a very angry mob, and I only escaped by swimming. I don't know why, but I found it very funny that the Dragonborn, hero of Skyrim, was being chased by an angry mob.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Was doing the Riften Skooma quest this morning, and was having trouble with the Cragslane cavern boss. He was heavy armoured and had a Dwarven Warhammer w/ Fire enchant. My thief tried all manner of stealthy methods to try killing him, but eventually I bolted from the cave, with him in pursuit.

I swear, the guy was so OP, he killed a bear without breaking a sweat. Suspecting he would catch me before I reached Shor's stone, I nearly surrendered; and out of knowhere three of the Companions appear. I'm not a member, this was just a random encounter. But they backed me, for whatever reason.

He managed to knock Athis and Torvar to the ground, but as I'm sure you know Vilkas (or maybe it was Falkas) is IMMORTAL. Bandit boss got impaled on the demigods blade. Then the trio ran off.

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
I had a minor LOL moment today I would like to share. I decided to finally give it a go and try to play on Legendary. I made a new character, a Breton for the first time, and everything was going great in Helgen. I hadn't died until I got to the part where you have to fight three soldiers while two more are shooting at you with arrows. I am not a very experienced mage in Skyrim, with zero experience on Legendary. So I run up to one archer, sword in right hand, Flames in left, and give him a nice blast of the Flames spell, which ignites the oil he and I were standing on and kills me. Welcome to legendary, where you will not be rewarded with stupidity.