XBox One vs. PS4: What's your opinion?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which next-gen console do you prefer?

• Total voters

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Lol, I just find Xbox controllers bigger thus more comfortable. I once played PS3 and the controller was puny!!! And the joysticks were crammed up together. I like xbox's 'awkwardly' placed joysticks :p

PS: I voted for PS4 so don't think I'm pro Microsoft.

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
I have to say, I find the PS3's controllers are too small for me. PS4's controller will be bigger though, if I'm not mistaken. But I have very big hands, so yes, I find the XBox controller's size comfortable. If the PS3 controller was the same size as the XBox 360's controller with the same layout, I'd be happy with the PS3.

EDIT: In my previous picture comparing controllers, the PS4 controller is bigger than it looks. I believe it's 30% larger than the PS3 controller. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I have to say, I find the PS3's controllers are too small for me. PS4's controller will be bigger though, if I'm not mistaken. But I have very big hands, so yes, I find the XBox controller's size comfortable. If the PS3 controller was the same size as the XBox 360's controller with the same layout, I'd be happy with the PS3.

EDIT: In my previous picture comparing controllers, the PS4 controller is bigger than it looks. I believe it's 30% larger than the PS3 controller. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

The PS3's controller was smaller last time I touched it

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
PS4, Xbox 4 reveal didn't mention a single thing about gaming. Then Microsoft send out and email showing their best games to come out on it *GASP* who would have thought the next forza and call of duty would be on it! Not me for sure!

Benthos

Proud Mer
The new controllers look worse than the last gen's controllers. I pick PS4, XBOX One has greatly disappointed me, PS4 has some games but not much to offer YET. Since they now charge for online play, that's a downside to it but it's very cheap, cheaper than 360's gold membership, it's not much of a downside at all. Especially opposing the used game BS from XBOX One.
He didn't even have to try.

Azir L'Stros

The new controllers look worse than the last gen's controllers. I pick PS4, XBOX One has greatly disappointed me, PS4 has some games but not much to offer YET. Since they now charge for online play, that's a downside to it but it's very cheap, cheaper than 360's gold membership, it's not much of a downside at all. Especially opposing the used game BS from XBOX One.
He didn't even have to try.

I think the PS4 controller looks WAY better. The X1 controller, meh, not much of a change. But I have to admit, I was disappointed in Sony's decision to make you have to pay for online play.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I think the PS4 controller looks WAY better. The X1 controller, meh, not much of a change. But I have to admit, I was disappointed in Sony's decision to make you have to pay for online play.

Hopefully they will use that money to make their online services better. Because, let's be honest. Sony's free online is utter plops.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Xbox controller>every other controller, that may be the only thing they have over Sony at this point.

Benthos

Proud Mer
The 360's gold membership cost about 50 bucks a year, right? It's apparently under 5 bucks a month for the new PSN so it's roughly the same price. The good part about it is it should be handled better than PSN was before - saving everyone's info as TXT with little to no security. Indie games can't be self-published though.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
The 360's gold membership cost about 50 bucks a year, right? It's apparently under 5 bucks a month for the new PSN so it's roughly the same price. The good part about it is it should be handled better than PSN was before - saving everyone's info as TXT with little to no security. Indie games can't be self-published though.

XBL used to be 50 dollars a year, many moons ago. Now it's 60 a year. However, if you know where to look you can get it for around 40 dollars a year. I rarely play online games period, so I don't see the point in me having XBL anymore.

PS Plus really is a great value, with all the free games they throw at you. I think you get like 12 PS3 games and some Vita games just for signing up for the yearly subscription. I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet, I plan to when payday hits.

Benthos

Proud Mer
What do you think of this?

What a difference a day makes. With every bit of Wii U sales news being negative for months, it can be a real eye opener to get some very positive news on that front.
Amazon constantly updates its list of “Movers and Shakers“, the list of biggest gainers in sales ranking over a 24 hour period. Hot on the heels of an underwhelming and poorly received XBOX One console reveal, interest in the little console that could from Nintendo went into the stratosphere. According to Amazon, sales followed suit. In the last 24 hours on Amazon.co.uk the Wii U Deluxe Edition bundle has seen increased sales ranking of roughly 875% at its highest point (currently 708%), moving from a sales rank of 388 in the PC & Video Games category, to number 48, and the third highest gainer today.
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/17502/amazon-wii-u-sales-skyrocket-in-uk-following-xbox-one-reveal/
All in the year of Luigi, baby!

XBL used to be 50 dollars a year, many moons ago. Now it's 60 a year. However, if you know where to look you can get it for around 40 dollars a year. I rarely play online games period, so I don't see the point in me having XBL anymore.

PS Plus really is a great value, with all the free games they throw at you. I think you get like 12 PS3 games and some Vita games just for signing up for the yearly subscription. I can't believe I haven't gotten it yet, I plan to when payday hits.
Very true, unlike XBOX Live which only gave you the ability to check certain things out, the PS4 Plus at least will give you a little more for your buck as opposed to its current position on the PS3 for avatars, wallpapers, themes, etc.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee

mamali

ok , after E3 , i liked Xbox one games more , Ryse , HALO , Quantum break , Dead rising and titanfall , great exclusives

but PS4 does not require onilne connection to work and it can work for years without internet ...
and also supports used games .

So PS4 is much better console and i voted for PS4

but i still like xbox one games more :sadface:

Azir L'Stros

Infamous second son, PS4 exclusive. Looks epic, it's small but even on a certain expression it shows wrinkles on his forehead. Such detail.

Trailer:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ByaRrh9XjSM

Gameplay:

WRINKLES
View attachment 5606

Watchdogs looks amazing too, not a PS4 exclusive.

http://watchdogs.ubi.com/watchdogs/en-AU/media/index.aspx

The commented walk through is a no objective no mission and it looks awesome. Redefines open work games haha

These two games are why I'll be getting PS4 on launch.

I've always liked the InFamous franchise, I have InFamous and InFamous 2, and they're both great games. Second Son is something to add to the list of reasons why I'm going to buy the PS4.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts