What do you think of Glass Armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Considering picking up the Glass Armor perk for my battlemage/spell sword.

He's a high-elf, of course.

What do y'all think of the armor? Currently he's in vampire & scaled with Morokai (but I don't like the look of the Dragonpriest mask).

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Personally, I think Glass looks pretty good without a helmet.

Daelon DuLac

Any suggestions for a headpiece? I won't get the matchy/matchy bonus, but, hey, whatja gonna do? Maybe an alik'r wrap, a cowl or a cow?

LotusEater

Any suggestions for a headpiece? I won't get the matchy/matchy bonus, but, hey, whatja gonna do? Maybe an alik'r wrap, a cowl or a cow?

I like circlets. I collect all different colors and mix and match depending on what I'm wearing. For instance a silver and moonstone circlet seems to go good with Stalhrim. Copper and emerald looks good with fur armor for my hunters.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I hate the armour, it's too bulky, it's not fit for a slim warrior or a sneak. For slim warriors, it makes the arms and head look too small. For sneaks, it's just too large, and light would reflect off of it like crazy.

Morgan

I think it is, bar none, the ugliest armor in the game. Possibly in any game. If I go up the left side, the only reason I ever get that perk is to proceed to dragonscale.

Morgan

Although I will add that if you manage to wear a cow on your head, it's unlikely anyone will notice the armor.

LotusEater

Although I will add that if you manage to wear a cow on your head, it's unlikely anyone will notice the armor.

The armor itself is god awful, agreed, but I've managed to make it look cool with some creative mixing and matching with other armor types and such.

JoeReese

I like the armor, though I wish the pauldrons were a bit lower profile, but I usually wear it with Elven boots and gauntlets. The glass helmet is straight-up sea monster, and the Elven isn't much better, so I usually ended up with a guard's helmet or something similar.

In more recent plays, I haven't even bothered, just staying at Elven gilded and/or Dawnguard light. I like the scaled, but don't usually want to blow that many perks.

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I agree with Morgan. Glass is way too bulky for a light armour. Never was a fan of it. And the colour is just... not right.
I would suggest trying for a circlet as well. Doesn't give much for armour but its alright if you think about it. I never liked helmets; they hide your face and way too constricting. I need the world to see my face. And, of course, my face should be the last thing my enemy sees.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
I think Glass Armor looks pretty cool, but my problem with it is that it looks like heavy armor, not light. Whenever I play a character who wears light armor, he is either a sneak or a berserker type character, and for those, I need my armor to look like light armor.

Because of this, I never wear glass even though i think it looks cool.

CaptMorgan72

I like the glass armor, it looks very elven and looks great on Altmer. My Altmer battlemage is wearing glass armor with a Psijic order hood and he looks great.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member

The aetherial crown? Its colour would (prob) match in well and its fancy like the rest of the gear.

Im not the biggest fan of any of the crafted light armours except dragonscale.

Wildroses

I've always quite liked it myself from an aesthetic perspective, but I've always had a taste for the elaborate fashions others have called ostentatious or flashy. I avoided the main quest until level 30 and Balgruuf gave me some, so I put it on my mannequin. Certainly, however, I think glass weaponry is much cooler looking than glass armour.

Daelon DuLac

I have him in a fulls set now and I have to admit that it isn't bad. A bit superheroish, but I don't mind the look. Currently I'm running around with Anneka who's in glass, elven & nordic carved. With glass weaponry, it's not bad!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I have him in a fulls set now and I have to admit that it isn't bad. A bit superheroish, but I don't mind the look. Currently I'm running around with Anneka who's in glass, elven & nordic carved. With glass weaponry, it's not bad!

So did you end up going the full set, helm included?

Daelon DuLac

So did you end up going the full set, helm included?
Yup. And all enchanted up (+67% regen +62 magicka on a lot of it and jewelry). So far, so good!

NachyoChez

Personally, I like it. It gives the 'illusion' of heavy armor, but the awesome perks of light armor and is still REALLY easy to hit cap with. For most light users, though, better off stopping with advanced!

Daelon DuLac

Personally, I like it. It gives the 'illusion' of heavy armor, but the awesome perks of light armor and is still REALLY easy to hit cap with. For most light users, though, better off stopping with advanced!
Agreed, but I got a little tired of the Vamp armour and my character is not going to wear scaled (he's not a savage) and Nordic Carved is heavy. My little redguard girl isn't going higher than advanced though. What's the point. She wants to wear scale-horned once she can ditch her leathers.