• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

I have her in glass armor right now, but I think she might look better in master robes. What is your favorite armor/robes for her?

Adam Warlock

Hopefully you have a mod and play on PC since Serana will not normally wear apparel that has a base armor rating equal/lower than her default Royal Vampire outfit.
Astrid`s old gear would have looked good on her but Serana won`t wear it
I`ve tried the Ancient Falmer set and it`s nice but obscures her curves more than I like.
Same sort of thing with Dragonscale.

Heavy armor seems to benefit her more in combat(idk what armor skills . if any, she has)
I`m not the biggest fan of either Daedric or Dragonplate so I`m currently trying out the Ebony Mail on her . It`s not too bulky but very strong with unique enchants that sets her apart from my other followers.

Ebony Boots and Vampire Gauntlets complete a strong but sleek black outfit that befits her history of long years sleeping in the darkness.
I can coax her to wear a circlet instead of a hood when outside so that her face and black hair remain visible.
The poison cloak effect with the Ebony Mail accentuates this link with the shadows.

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Stripper clothes ... totally kidding, I just leave her with the default outfit, I've never tried making her wear anything else, maybe I'll give it a try at some point. I'd probably give her light armor, doesn't feel right to me making her carry the heavy stuff :p.

Agent 28, out.

CaptMorgan72

I have Serana now fully dressed in Dawnguard armor. She is a member of the order now so it makes sense for her to look the part.

Jaeger

Heavy armor seems to benefit her more in combat(idk what armor skills . if any, she has)

Light armor is a primary skill for her.

Skyrim:Serana - UESPWiki

Click on vampire where it says Class to find the other skills.

The stripper outfit comment: enchant some Forsworn armor sans headress with appropriate follower allowed enchants (also at the UESP on the Followers page).

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?

JClarke1953

She still has her Vamp robes, and my char has them as well, but enchanted a bit.

I had been giving Seran potion's, but she never used them (I wonder if going back to the castle to get those might do), so, I made a health and health regen ring, and a circlet for Destruction/Majika. She has them on now, and, she seems to work better as well as recover better. So, I don't know for sure how that works.

I also cannot get her to leave. I can have her wait, but not leave short of asking if she'd thought of getting cured. When that dialog starts, I know that's what she'll do (made a save and went into that dialogue. She will leave to be cured, but, I am holding onto her, altho' I can pretty much solo.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Clothes

Jaeger

She still has her Vamp robes, and my char has them as well, but enchanted a bit.

I had been giving Seran potion's, but she never used them (I wonder if going back to the castle to get those might do), so, I made a health and health regen ring, and a circlet for Destruction/Majika. She has them on now, and, she seems to work better as well as recover better. So, I don't know for sure how that works.

I don't think the circlet will work for the Destruction, according to the UESP in the Follower article.

Fortify Health Regeneration—only works during recovery phase/out of combat
Fortify Heavy Armor
Fortify Light Armor
Fortify Magicka
Fortify Stamina
Fortify Unarmed Damage
Muffle
Resist Fire
Resist Frost
Resist Magic
Resist Poison
Resist Shock
Waterbreathing (Followers won't drown anyway, but this stops them surfacing for air.)
Fortify Carry Weight[verification needed— see talk page]
Because followers choose which items to equip, verify that your follower equips the enchanted item(s).
All other enchantments on apparel and armor do not actually have an effect for followers, even if they should. Notably, this means:
Fortify <Combat Skill> does not increase the amount of damage they do.
Fortify <Magic School> does not reduce enchanted weapon usage cost at all, or remove it at values of 100%.
There are reports that this effect does work for some followers, but very few. See the discussion page for more information.
There are reports that damage enchants on bows do work for followers with the Dawnguard plugin. Some report it only works for them with DLC content bows/crossbows though others have reported it with vanilla bows as well.

AS88

Staff member
I gave her some legendary Dawnguard Light Armour. I took it off her though, because she kept glitching and I didn't want to lose it!

Lord_of_Quarra

Why would you make her wear anything but the Royal Vampire Armour? It looks so perfect for her, like they modeled the armour for her body.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Nothing because she's left in the castle as she makes my vampire drain spell really weak. I wish bugthesda would fix that..

Right now, she's wearing my Savior's Hide, and Stormcloak Officer's accessories (Superior.) Can't get her to sport the matching Amulet of Stendarr.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
In my case I gave her an enchanted ring, necklace, Dawnguard light gloves and a daedric dagger and she is OK with those items but she does not want to get rid of her vampire armor. I also gave her an enchanted college hood but she switch it back and forth with her own original vampire hood when she is outside or inside. I tried to give her a shrouded hood from the thieves / darkbrotherhood but she did not like it at all.

I cured her from vampirism but still she does not like the enchanted robe or dawnguard light armor ( enchanted ) that I gave her and they are both enchanted very high.
I will not give her any of my unique armors like the Ebony Mail or something like that. I think it is much better to keep her on light armor, so a black robe, college robe or any other light armor should suit better on her. I will continue trying till she gets rid of that vampire armor that is not matching anymore the new character she is after I cured her.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Well, she did not want to use either an enchanted black robe, blue, college, dawnguard light armor or even vampire, so I did not want to see her dressing in vampire armor since she has been cured so I decided to try with my Ebony Mail and finally she liked it and she looks gorgeous.

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
I give her ancient falmer armor and a circlet of some sort or i give her dragonscale armor