What are the other dragon kinds?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You shouldn’t make a dragon that is close to impossible to kill with certain “classes”. Harder to kill for them? Okay. But don’t punish the player like that for not playing in a certain way.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I think it would be nicer if each types of dragons have certain strength and weaknesses such that your character has to overcome them. But nothing too punishing.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be nicer if each types of dragons have certain strength and weaknesses such that your character has to overcome them. But nothing too punishing.

What do you mean? Weaknesses like they are vulnerable to arrows, magic, or even a certain type of weapon or spell?

Jeruhmi

That's what I was thinking. Perhaps different dragons are easier for different races? I don't know how that would work. But definitely ones that are weaker to melee, spells, range, etc.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
What do you mean? Weaknesses like they are vulnerable to arrows, magic, or even a certain type of weapon or spell?
Like fire dragon is almost immune to fire and vulnerable other things. or 'Earth' dragon would be more immune to physical attacks, especially arrows but pretty weak against magic. So basically what you said pretty much.

Cole

Mythik
I like all of the idea's here, and the types of dragons could range from the classic fire-breathing dragon to a poison spewing one, all the way to maybe a dragon that relies on stealth and attacks at night, blinding you possibly? ;P
Does anyone know how many dragons there are in the game? Not types, but just for the dragons themselves.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
There is no limit as far as I know, they will respawn just like every other mob in the game.

Tusck

Yep I have not heard there is a limit. Also, I think the weaknesses idea would definite fit, it only makes sense that a fire dragon is immune to fire but weak to cold. Earth dragons would be immune to physical attack, but weak to magic. Thunder dragon is immune to magic, but weak to physical attack. Stuff like that.

Travis

I think a poison or acid dragon seems possible. Sort of a green, sickly type dragon that breaths a poison cloud/breath out. Could do poison damage, and possible spread disease. I think it would do a lot of de-buff kinds of things.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
What about space dragon? Dragon that spaces you out, leaving you in a confused state. I can see it already flopping it's rainbow coloured wing and attacking you with a pinkish sonic ray. How can sonic ray be pinkish? Yes, it's already quite perplexing.

What I thought was that Bethesda has propably loaned ideas from AD&D. Undead dragon, acid dragon, ice dragon. Those are popular concepts what kind of dragons we should have. I am not surprised, if they haven't invented anything new on that regard.

Swordsmansmith

Also a black darkness dragon would breathe out black noxious gas which would poison you. There is a such thing as a rust monster or dragon. It spits liquid that's rusts metal such as armor/weapons to the point they are useless. Doubt they have one in Skyrim though.

Swordsmansmith

All these I've mentioned have appeared in different Forgotten Realms novels. I think that's the point of fantasy, just let your imagination run free. If every dragon breathed fire that would get boring.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I don't know if there's a trademark for a Dragon type? I wouldn't be surprise if there is. It would be somehow absurd if these companies started to sue each other over Dragons that use in their products.

You mean stand aside and watch them get eaten? I'll bring the popcorns :]

Not that I have any real ES experience with this kind of situation, but I know in D&D or WoW these guys would be fodder/human shields while I filled the beast with arrows from a distance. ;)

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Not that I have any real ES experience with this kind of situation, but I know in D&D or WoW these guys would be fodder/human shields while I filled the beast with arrows from a distance. ;)

Although in D&D you should be quite tough already to confront a dragon alone. Otherwise, only option would to run as fast as you could tail between legs and hide in a nearest cavern.

Flamingtaco

Are there even really different types of dragon? My impression was that some just preferred to use different shouts which is why we have fire and ice dragons.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts