What are the other dragon kinds?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
So far we have seen two: The regular, fire-breathing kind on the one hand and some sort of frost dragon that can slow you down on the other hand. Todd Howard said that there will be more kinds than that (although not many more). What other ones could there be? I can’t really think of more than that. A water dragon seems unlikely. An earth or stone dragon would also be weird. So what sorts could be left if not the other elements?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
well, the lore says that Alduin, probably the main antagonist of the game, has the ability to consume people's age. He once 'ate' an entire Nordic population down to age six. During the final fight, if Alduin actually turns you into a little kid, that would be amazing.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
A lightning dragon perhaps? That seems quite possible for me.. also maybe some sort of darkness dragon, although I don't know what it would breathe.. shadows? xDD

Jeruhmi

I'm guessing there may be dragons for each element, I don't see it impossible. Fire, Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Dammit, I forgot about lightning. That does seem feasible. But the other ones? Not so much. Well, perhaps a wind one if he were to Fus Roh Dah at you ... although I thought that all of them could do that.

Jeruhmi

Well let me think... A fire elemental dragon may be found deep in a cave, or a volcano if they have them. Earth dragon found in a normal mountain landscape. Wind dragon when you're at a mountain peak or something like that. Lightning... when it storms, if it does.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
But what would make them special? Could earth dragons breath earth or what -_ô ?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mm, yes, a dragon that relies more on physical attacks could be the proper interpretation of an earth dragon. I guess I just read too much Naruto to think of much more than “earth breath” ;p

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You just have to be more careful, I guess :~p Perhaps it would make for a good boss.

Jeruhmi

You just have to be more careful, I guess :~p Perhaps it would make for a good boss.
Oh, but I heard you can get guards and other townsmen to help take it down with you. That makes it less threatening. Hide and let them do it!

Jeruhmi

Horrible idea, don't know what I was thinking. D:
Oh my bad, I didn't know it was your idea. I probably came across in a harsh manor, I regret that.
It could be a good idea, it's just... you can't see the dragon :p

What about a dragon that could only be killed with magic? Kinda like wisps etc.
What exactly do you mean by wisps? Is that something in Oblivion that I don't know of? I think if it could only be killed by magic that that might be a little hard. Perhaps if it was weaker to magic, and more tolerant to melee based attacks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts