• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Irishman I combined all of the werewolf lore as well. That was the point. Vampires are not as free as people think and most of the ones I stated are simply forgotten.

As someone really into vampires, then Vampire hunters, then Lycan, and back to people who hunt both "professionally" it is simply put lore wise as far as I know vampires for every advantage they have a weakness as well and these weaknesses are always apparent :p unless fiction writers dont know then.

Fun Fact: The Count from Seasame Street is based off the legend of vampires compulsion to count. And I have to ask "Why share small details of vampire strength when tou already know them?" Especially when the point is they are "compulsed" as in it doesnt matter their power and skill.
Note: one of my favorite series/ and or movies often say if you are a strong enough vampire you can defeat some of the weaknesses

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Note: one of my favorite series/ and or movies often say if you are a strong enough vampire you can defeat some of the weaknesses

That is a very true statement. In most stories, an Ancient Vampire can go into churches or overcome their 'fear' of religious artifacts. They are generally immune to the affects of garlic and running water.

As for the counting thing, I dont know much about the Eastern Lore of vampires. I'm not sure how compulsive or powerful it is to be regarded as a weakness or simply an annoying quirk :p

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
It is basically they had to count all of it and if you dropped enough they would forget and have to start over. And I didnt do all their weaknesses. The doorman rule for example.

But still the point stands many either fall into decadence or die off to early.

Pálrún

Without Dawnguard, I'm going werewolf. I think. I've been holding off, I turned away at the Underforge but I think I'm going back.

With Dawnguard (when I buy and install it, and do a second play-through) I'm definitely going vampire.

I don't want to go vamp without DG, because the last thing I need is to be weakened half the time by daylight.. I got dragons to kill, bandits to pummel, and uh.. stuff to do. And I like daytime in Skyrim. (nighttime too)

Outside of Skyrim, I've always leaned more towards vampires, ww's are cool but very, very simplistic. Vamps have depth and all kinds of cool powers, all of which have already been talked about here so I've nothing to add.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Yeah honestly it is apparent I love both. When Adventure quest added werepyrs (Yes a hybrid :D) I plops myself with joy. Especially if I remember right I could have the vampire hunter class it was so amazing having the hunting tricks and abilities then transforming depending on the foe.

I like how this discussion at least mentions the different versions. Hahaha

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Honsetly Werepyre sounds like it was made up by a 4 year old, The closest you can get to A Hybrd in ESO are those Noxphilic Sanguivora vampires from ESO, believed to have been engineered between a deal with Molag bal and Hircine and even they are nothing to a vampire lord, yes they can walk in daylight because of the Deal with Hircine but it comes at the cost of the potency of their Vampiric Power and they also gain some extra power during the night and if the desription was correct they get more wolflike features instead of batlike

J

Jeremius

The closest you can get to A Hybrd in ESO are those Noxphilic Sanguivora vampires from ESO, believed to have been engineered between a deal with Molag bal and Hircine and even they are nothing to a vampire lord

When it comes to Vampire Lord vs Werewolf, it is all about the time to use the power. I doubt that Either one atcually walks around all day as one. If the Vampire Lord gets killed before he can transform, his powers are useless. Same with a Werewolf.

So in the end, the Vampire Lord is only more powerful than a werewolf when both are transformed. IF the Werewolf gets the jump on a Vampire Lord, I doubt that the Vampire Lord has time to fight off a Werewolf and transform before he/she gets killed.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Vampires.....werewolves....zombies, ghouls, ghosts, ghasts....whatever.....

All of them bow before the might of the Shadow Queen.

tx12001

The closest you can get to A Hybrd in ESO are those Noxphilic Sanguivora vampires from ESO, believed to have been engineered between a deal with Molag bal and Hircine and even they are nothing to a vampire lord

When it comes to Vampire Lord vs Werewolf, it is all about the time to use the power. I doubt that Either one atcually walks around all day as one. If the Vampire Lord gets killed before he can transform, his powers are useless. Same with a Werewolf.

So in the end, the Vampire Lord is only more powerful than a werewolf when both are transformed. IF the Werewolf gets the jump on a Vampire Lord, I doubt that the Vampire Lord has time to fight off a Werewolf and transform before he/she gets killed.
are you forgetting Vampires get powers in their human form werewolves don't so are you saying a regular vampire cant beat a werewolf? put a Nightmaster Vampire (Strongest NPC vampire at level 65) against a Werewolf Vargr (Strongest NPC werewolf at Level 38) see who wins most of the time

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
You say regular then have to try and get leveling differences. :p Seems legit.

And they have limited powers in human form. Because if they had full power I have to ask. What is the point of transforming? Something isn't adding up :p

As for Werepyre sounding childish. Well what would you call it? And admittedly it isn't for "mature audiences."

J

Jeremius

are you forgetting Vampires get powers in their human form werewolves don't so are you saying a regular vampire cant beat a werewolf? put a Nightmaster Vampire (Strongest NPC vampire at level 65) against a Werewolf Vargr (Strongest NPC werewolf at Level 38) see who wins most of the time

I am only saying that the Vampire lord powers are useless without being in Vampire lord form, which makes them pointless in a fight where there is no chance to transform. IF you are talking IN-GAME, then sure, that would be the Nightmaster, but Lore-wise, that is a totally different tale my friend.

In the end, a human/non-beast or non-vampire could still win against either.

Dram

the Dunmer

There is one thing you need to realize, lad.

Both vampires and werewolves are myths. They are not real. There are hundreds upon hundreds of theories surrounding these monsters. In some stories vampires are stronger, while in others the werewolves win. There is so much contradicting information about mythical creatures like this, that you can't possibly claim you have one inevitable answer.

And yes, there are stories in which werewolves are stronger than vampires. With so many interpretations of these myths there is no clear answer to who is stronger.

I prefer vampires, but it's a non-existing creature. In some stories vampires can't stand sunlight, in others they can. In some stories werewolves transform during full moon, in other stories they do it with free will. In some stories werewolves have control about their transformation, in others they don't.

So much contradicting information. There is no 100% correct answer to this question.

tx12001

There is one thing you need to realize, lad.

Both vampires and werewolves are myths. They are not real. There are hundreds upon hundreds of theories surrounding these monsters. In some stories vampires are stronger, while in others the werewolves win. There is so much contradicting information about mythical creatures like this, that you can't possibly claim you have one inevitable answer.

And yes, there are stories in which werewolves are stronger than vampires. With so many interpretations of these myths there is no clear answer to who is stronger.

I prefer vampires, but it's a non-existing creature. In some stories vampires can't stand sunlight, in others they can. In some stories werewolves transform during full moon, in other stories they do it with free will. In some stories werewolves have control about their transformation, in others they don't.

So much contradicting information. There is no 100% correct answer to this question.
we are talking about ES did that occur to you? I'm pretty sure they exist n Elder Scrolls