• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus moved his head away from the window and sighed. He didn't even know why he bothered to stay here for the moment. He could just hop down and follow the road until it led him to his destination, but something held him here. Three simple words. Three simple words that he had to tell Elsa. Once she had heard those words, he would no longer be attached to them. He could throw away his ebony sword and continue his life long journey, with nothing left but memories of the people he had once called 'friends'.

Garrus knew there was nothing left to hear but tears in the room. He hopped down from the ledge, landing heavily on the ground before rising from his crouch. He walked over to the rock he had hid behind, and laid on the side facing the doorway. He resolved to wait for Elsa to leave the building before saying what he needed to say. His mind, however, had other ideas besides from waiting. The alcohol in is blood lulled him into a sleep, leaving him deep in sleep against the rock in plain sight.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Suddenly being in the same room as Relyn felt like too much. Glancing at the door Elsa wondered if it was improper to walk out during this sort of thing. All she knew was she needed to get outside and soon. The air in the room felt suffocating, warm, claggy air filled her lungs and she began to breathe quicker as if that would help dispel the stifling sensation.

"I'm just...I need to get some air." Running shaking hands through her hair Elsa quickly left the room, unable to stay near Relyn's body any longer. She paused in the hallway outside his room to try and get her bearings, the hallways seeming unfamiliar to her now. Taking a deep breath she headed with uncertainty in the direction she hoped the front door to be in, hurrying past the teen breton from earlier who looked to be sleeping on a bench.

As she passed through the house she spotted Mneme still in the room they had initially gathered in, and Elsa quickly stopped to scoop the dragon into her arms before pushing open the heavy doors and gasping in the crisp air that welcomed her. Shuffling forward she sat down on the steps and focussed on keeping her heart steady. It was for reasons like this that the thief had refused to grow attached to anything since Tear. She had learnt her lesson that more often than not, the things she cared for would leave her one way or another.

Looking up briefly Elsa was surprised to see Garrus laid out on a nearby rock, fast asleep in the afternoon sun. Pursing her lips she scoured the dirt around her for something, lobbing a small pebble at his boots in hopes of waking him from a distance. Part of her almost laughed at the scene, so different from the many mornings she had spent waking him up on the way to Tear. That part of her was quickly silenced.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Light, quick footsteps could be heard rushing down the stairs. Jadier opened his eyes and looked over to see the Nord from earlier scoop up some metal dragon and hurry out the door. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were pale. It's a safe bet to say the Dunmer is dead... He sat up on the bench and starred at the door, watching it close shut. His face was expressionless. He never knew what it was like to lose someone close to him. Yeah, a few men had fought and died beside Jadier, but those were just mercenaries. People he didn't even know.

The Breton hung his head and thought for a bit. Clearly she was depressed. Does she want alone time? Maybe I should go comfort her...yeah...I'll do that, then. Jadier sighed then slowly pressed himself off of the bench. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulders. Taking a deep breath, he walked towards the door and placed his hand on the handle. He thought for an extra second then pulled the door. He misjudged the weight of the door, pushing them way too hard. He stumbled out of the doorway and busted his ass right on the small pebbles beneath him. "Dammit...real smooth..." He sat on the ground, then turned his head to see if the woman had seen what just happened.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus woke from his sleep and cracked his right eyelid open when he heard someone fall to the ground. He peered over to the steps, where Elsa sat next to Jadier. He frowned at them and jovially realized his rude words earlier might have had some truth in them. He looked closer at Elsa, noticing that she was in a horrid mood. Something deep inside of him, unclear whether it was the old Garrus or the new Garrus, told him that the words could wait. For the time being.

Garrus shut his eyes again and decided to use this time to think. He doubted either of the two others would have realized he had waken. And if they wanted him, they only need approach him. His mind drifted through his memories, flying past Elsa, Sorex and everyone else. Into the past it went, Garrus' past. He hoped he could find some consolation in himself.

---​
    Cold wind rushed past the Imperial child's ear, chilling him to the bone. His rag-tag clothes did little to protect him from the cold Blacklight air. "Jump! What in Oblivion are you waiting for?" The small boy stood on the corner of a roof, far above the stone streets of the city, adjacent to another roof a few feet away. "I can't! It's too scary, Father! What if I fall?" The father, cloaked in black, stood on the other roof. Lava-red eyes peered out from under the hood. "You'll die. You told me you wanted to see the fighters in the arena, and we don't have the money for tickets. So we'll climb in. Now jump."
    The boy gulped, and prepared himself to jump. Positioning himself on the edge, he leaped toward the other roof. His poorly gloved hands caught the ledge, after which the boy pulled his frail body up. He panted, before the father took off in a run toward across the roof. The young boy followed behind with difficulty. They reached the other side, where a rope was connected via pole to both the roof and the nearby arena. The father expertly ran across the rope, opened a window that lead into the arena, and dived in. He poked his head back out and called to the boy. "Come across, son!" The boy gulped once more and began to inexpertly crawl across the rope. He was soon inside the building.
    Dark stone walls surrounded them as they made their fast pace down the stairs of the arena. They saw light at the bottom and stepped out into a large area, filled with empty stone chairs overlooking the arena ring far below. The boy ran to the ledge and looked down. The viewers were all assembled in standing areas near the ring, where many gladiators fought. "Father, why is no one on this level?" The man in black moved closer to the son. "This is the area the emperor would stay to watch the fights. No one else is allowed up here. It's okay though, he's not here today." The father's words seemed to fly past the boy, who was absorbed in watching the fighters. His black eyes shined with joy, following the graceful movements of the warriors as they fought.
    "I want to be like them when I grow up, Father!" The man chuckled. "Perhaps many years from now, son." The boy looked up to the man. "Do you know swordplay, Father?" The man laughed again. "I do. Although your mother wouldn't be happy if I taught you. Maybe I will... Consider it a birthday gift." The boy smiled at his father. The father picked up the boy and started walking toward the exit. "Let's go home, Garrus."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    The breton from the tavern made his entrance with the grace and finesse of a horker, and Elsa winced away as she was sprayed with numerous pebbles and stones. As he adjusted to sit down Elsa dropped her head in her hands. Talos give me strength, I do not have the patience for this right now.

Dropping Mneme onto the ground she watched it swoop about in the air, the last remnant of her friend. Aside from his fortune of course. His parting words still hadn't quite sunk in just yet, and it was taking her a little time to process everything. One trillion septims. It was enough that's never have to steal another day of her life, but while that was all well and good, what was she going to do now? Thieving was all she knew, now that she had no need to steal would she need to find something of a more legitimate nature? In any other situation she would have likely turned to Relyn for advice, but of course that wasn't exactly an option any longer.

Looking up again at Garrus Elsa threw another pebble at his feet, the stone bouncing off the sole of his boot with an audible thunk. Why he was sleeping on a rock outside Relyn's estate was bothering her, and now that she was over the initial shock of seeing him after so long she was actually glad to see he was still alive, even if he was a little worse for wear. "Garrus? Are you awake?". If later it turned out to be a poor choice talking to Garrus she was certain she'd blame her actions on the grief she was feeling. Besides, despite what he had said to her earlier, he was a familiar face, and that seemed to help a little.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus continued to lay on the rock, pondering. A being deep inside of his mind asked a question: What had happened to his playful innocence? Was it destroyed by all the years he had lived? Or was it something more common? His mind scrambled to find something to compare it with. Richness brings disaster. Age brings maturity. Life brings death. And love... Love brings heartbreak. Had the combined effect of a life lived for others and a few years lived only for himself, shattered his innocence like glass? He wondered if he was overthinking this. What if it was more of a meticulous downfall brought by time?

"Garrus? Are you awake?" Garrus jolted at the interaction of the outside world. "I am now, thanks to you." He wondered if his words had lost their sting, their potency evaporated. Garrus reached down and grabbed his flask, taking another large gulp, hoping that the whiskey could provide some simple clarity to his scrambled thoughts. "What the hell do you want?" He considered delivering the three important words to her, although something deep within held his tongue in his mouth.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "What the hell do you want?"

Any hope of speaking with the man she had once known seemed to vanish. Rather than biting back all Elsa could manage was a resigned sigh it seemed. Lifting her head from her hands the thief glanced over at Garrus, that damned flask in his hands. Clenching her jaw Elsa shook her head wearily. "Not much, I just wanted to check that you were conscious. Relyn's...he's dead. But I'm sure you already knew that." She wasn't sure why she felt compelled to talk to Garrus really. It seemed he had nothing but abuse for her, and had they been alone Elsa would have said something to him about it.

And yet something told her to hold her tongue. Of course, when had she ever been good at doing the wise thing? "Actually, I was wondering why you were here of all places. I have a lot to ask you if I'm honest but you clearly don't want to talk to me so if you'd rather I'd leave it alone..." Trailing off Elsa wished she could summon some measure of bravado to bolster her confidence. She supposed she wasn't exactly on top form at the moment, she shouldn't try to expect more of herself.

Rextoret

top kek
    "Actually, I was wondering why you were here of all places. I have a lot to ask you if I'm honest but you clearly don't want to talk to me so if you'd rather I'd leave it alone..."

"Do that." Garrus pushed himself up off the rock. He wanted to tell Elsa what he had to say, but it just didn't seem to come out of his mouth. He wondered, that perhaps with time, he could tell her. He didn't know what exactly compelled him to ask this question, but he did. "I don't suppose any of you are currently... open to another journey?" The words came out sluggishly and weren't said easily.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Jadier just sat on the ground, propped back on his two elbows as he watched the woman and the Imperial, who was apparently named Garrus, exchanged words between each other. He was just as clueless as a dog behind the reigns of a carriage horse, but he sure as hell was interested. After a short silence, Garrus spoke once again. "I don't suppose any of you are currently... open to another journey?"

Jadier's eyes widened and his mouth grew to a big smile. An adventure?! Finally! Jadier shot up off of the ground and raised his right hand. "Me me me!!!" Realizing how childish he looked, he quickly returned his hand to his side. "Umm..I mean..." How would the adults say it? "I would be honored to go on a daunting journey with you." He did a quick bow, then stood up straight. His head tilted to the side, thinking if he had done that how an experienced adventurer would do so. Nailed it. He smiled and nodded his head in approval of his great statement.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "I don't suppose any of you are currently... open to another journey?"

He was joking wasn't he? Her mouth fell open slightly as the would-be-hero offered to come along without even asking as to what he was signing up for. Fool. With that attitude he would end up getting himself killed before he was a man. Fighting the urge to roll her eyes Elsa simply folded her arms and tried to work out Garrus' angle in all of this.

"Well I'm sure you aren't including me in that question. I mean, you've only insulted me and insinuated I was no more than a petty whore since we met. And then there's Tear. " The thief turned her attention to the teen, her voice serious as she spoke, "Word of warning kid, don't just sign up to things if you don't know how it's going to end or what it involved okay? If you go jumping in without checking the water you could break something, understand?"

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    "Word of warning kid, don't just sign up to things if you don't know how it's going to end or what it involved okay? If you go jumping in without checking the water you could break something, understand?"

She's right. Doing things recklessly like that could get him killed, he knew it, he just hadn't thought about it that way. "Yeah my bad." He turned to face Garrus. "Well...what exactly did you have in mind for this journey?" Realizing he barely even knew these people, he thought that could also be a slight hazard. For all he knew these people could be necrophiliacs just luring him in so they can kill him and prepare to sexually ravage his dead body. Jadier shuddered at that and shook his head, snapping him out of his deep thought. "That is, if you wanted me to come with y'all."

He turned his head towards the woman. "Who are y'all anyways? If I'm going on a journey - that is, if I go - it might be a little helpful if I actually knew who y'all are."

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "Who are y'all anyways? If I'm going on a journey - that is, if I go - it might be a little helpful if I actually knew who y'all are."

Wincing a little at the unfamiliar dialect Elsa rubbed a hand over her forehead in a bid to remain calm. How this kid had made it this far was beyond her ken, and she was struggling to refrain from getting too involved. After everything that had happened, the one thing she had learned was that involvement meant pain further down the line, and she was adamant not to go through that again.

All the same, the kid deserved an answer. "Well I'm Elsa. I'm a thief from Cyrodiil, and I'm not shy about that. Of course a recent turn of events may have me introducing myself in future as an ex-thief, but as it is I've not had much chance to think on a possible career change. You've met Garrus. Last I knew he was a thief of sorts as well but that may have changed. Inside you've got Farth, big guy, he's a bard and a good man still I hope. Finally there's Pilus, you will have seen him inside, the one with the beard? He's one of the best damn healers you'll ever come across, and I know what I'm talking about there as he's saved my life. That's all you need to know." Looking to see if Garrus was going to jump in and say anything in response to her quick summary Elsa once again wondered just what had happened to him in the past two years to change him into the man stood before her.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Farth took a deep breath as he stared at Relyn. He had been standing there for a while now, probably becoming and increasingly worrying factor for the young mage that was acting as Relyn's assistant. The bard didn't care about the books right now. Yes, it was an incredible gift from his dear friend - an astounding an unmatched source of knowledge - but Relyn's death was sobering. It was a wake up call from the reality Farth had been living in. The drunk, alcoholic, and foggy world he was in.

The Redguard reached for his flask involuntarily, but his movements stopped and instead moved his large hand to wipe his face instead. He had been crying. The realization dawned on him, and suddenly the bard felt like a very small man. He was a bard: strong, mentally keen, able, and a naturally proud soul. Here Farth felt anything but that. He felt weak, like he was at a loss for thoughts and words, and ashamed.

He would sorely miss the Dunmer. Even Relyn's awkward attitude and manner when he had first met him would be cherished. Farth's mind was far too foggy to reminisce about the past. If he were the same bard he was many years ago, then he would have been writing a great poem or recall some type of memorable story regarding the Dark Elf. As Farth's legs began to move him to the exit of the building, he did none of this. His mind was blank, but his heart was weighing quite heavily within his large chest.

Sunlight seemed to slap him in the face as he exited his late friend's home. Farth's eyes squinted in discomfort and then opened in surprise as he realized he was not the only one in the area. Elsa, Garrus, and the weird Breton he invited earlier were all gathered nearby. Farth was uncharacteristically quiet as he took a seat within the company of his former companions and the stranger from the bar. Even the Redguard's armor and swords seemed to lack their usual clanking. The loudest noise the bard made in those moments was the soft collision of his body with the ground. Farth listened quietly as the others around him conversed, a grim look on the usually cheeky bard's features.

Rextoret

top kek
    Garrus sneered as Elsa jovially described the others. "I'm going to Hammerfell, looking for something. It's an artifact that is said to be able to raise the dead. It was only discovered a few weeks ago, hidden deep within a dungeon. The only survivor of the party that entered, exited... but he was different." Sighing, Garrus took a gulp from his flask. "I hate to ask, but I feel as if entering alone would be extremely foolish. So I must ask for all of you to help me." He took another gulp of whiskey, as if to wash the distasteful words down his throat. "What do you say?"

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    "What do you say?"

"What do I say?" Elsa could have laughed. An artefact to return the dead?In all her years she'd never heard of such an outrageous thing. Of course she'd heard stories of necromancers and powerful mages who could raise the shells of the dead with the flick of their wrists...but this seemed like there was more to it.

She should leave. She should turn her back and go, maybe to Solitude or back to Cyrodiil. Use Relyn's money for good and actually make something of herself by legitimate means. But as much as she wished for the happy ending Relyn had hoped she would find, the allure of a mysterious artefact and a dangerous trip beckoned to her. Looking up to the sky as if in search of some kind of sign Elsa sighed and shook her head.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this but...if you'll have me, I'm in. One last trip. But I do have one condition. I'm not coming along only to be insulted and abused for the entirety of the trip so if you have anything more to say to me say it now so we can move on and do this job properly without anything getting in the way." Looking to Jadier and Farth the thief wondered if she would sooner end up playing wetnurse as opposed to an able and skilled member of the group.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Eldric stood silently, mourning his master. He was somewhat stunned as well, not knowing what to do know that he was left alone, the owner of a magnificent laboratory and several centuries worth of spell tomes. He watched as the majority of Relyn's friends left the building, no doubt shaken by the Dunmer's passing.

Eventually, all but Pilus had left. Giving a sigh, Eldric picked up a spell tome he had placed on Relyn's desk. Taking the book in one hand, he pointed his other hand at his master's body, and read aloud from the book. "Bedt-Ekem Ayem-Tayem Payem-Ekem-Ayem-Cess-Ekem." The corpse burst into flames. In a few moments, nothing but ash remained.

Focusing, Eldric used a telekinesis spell to lift Relyn's ashes into a traditional Telvanni urn. The boy said a quick prayer to the Tribunal, as was customary for Dunmer funerals, and placed the urn on the mantle above the bed. Relyn's final wish now fulfilled, Eldric picked up the lab's master key and went to work sifting through his master's spell tomes.

Entering the library, the boy headed for the large black bookcase where Relyn had kept his tomes. Using the key to unlock it, Eldric found something unexpected waiting inside. It was his master's leather satchel, enchanted by Divayth Fyr himself and worn by Relyn in nearly all of his travels. Pinned to the satchel was a note.

Eldric,
    I want you to have my satchel. Inside are ten healing potions and a map.
    I hope it serves you well in your studies.
    - Relyn
    Unable to help himself, a grin spread across Eldric's face. He couldn't believe that Relyn had given him the satchel. It was almost too good to be true. He reached out and slung the satchel over his shoulder. He put Relyn's note inside. He then began to read the spines of the various spell tomes, searching for anything that might be able to help him. He settled on Frost Magic and Ice Curses, The Bane of the Udyrfrykte, Power of the Elements, and a few other choice selections.​
    Leaving the library behind, the boy peered out the second floor window. Outside, Farthlion, Elsa, and the intrusive Breton were speaking with a mysterious Imperial man. It looked they were going to embark on some kind of journey. Eldric pulled his hood up and dashed down the stairs and out the front door. He came to a halt directly in front of Elsa. Panting, he waited to regain his breath, and then spoke. "Are you going somewhere? Can I come with you? I won't be a bother, I promise."

Rextoret

top kek
    "I can't believe I'm agreeing to this but...if you'll have me, I'm in. One last trip. But I do have one condition. I'm not coming along only to be insulted and abused for the entirety of the trip so if you have anything more to say to me say it now so we can move on and do this job properly without anything getting in the way."

Garrus scowled a bit, grinding his teeth together. It wasn't a promise he wanted the responsibility to keep, but he knew he had no other choice. "Fine." Garrus checked the straps on his bag and made sure all his weapons were properly in place. Rubbing the stubble on his chin, he pondered the next move. His thoughts were cut short by the appearance of a new face.

"Are you going somewhere? Can I come with you? I won't be a bother, I promise." Garrus looked at the boy, wondering whether such a quick to act boy would be at all useful on their journey. He hadn't even asked for a single piece of information. But then again, Garrus was looking as much for strong capable fighters as much as he was searching for disposable shields.

"Very well." Straightening his torn armor, he took a few steps down toward the road before turning to face the whole group as a single entity. "Is this everyone? If it is, I suggest we get started. The trip to Taneth will not be short." Waiting for the response, Garrus pulled out his flask and took another gulp.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Pilus was aware, in an oblique sort of way, that his facial hair gave the faint impression of a small, wheezing rodent which had crawled onto his face and died. And yet, despite his altogether unpleasant facial topiary, Pilus found it difficult to shave the years of hopeful effort from his face.

The healer scratched at the hairs sprouting from his jaw as he scanned a crinkling page in awe. Relyn's research sat in front of him--a teetering pile of thick, leather-bound tomes, constantly threatening to fall. Here, hidden behind a wall of dust and... and... walls, was a veritable trove of knowledge. Hundreds of years of research and thousands of experiments all in the name of medicine. The research largely concerned the mechanics of unnatural immortality, but many of them were applicable to Pilus' research, if only tangentially. As he excitedly flipped a page, Pilus glimpsed the success which had been slipping from his grasp for so long.

The problem was people. People were depressingly fragile. Whoever designed the bodies of man and mer had deemed multiple limbs necessary but, inexplicably, hadn't felt the same compulsion to include, say, a second spleen. Or an extra heart. And as a result, Pilus' subjects had developed a distressing tendency to die mid-surgery. The only patient--or rather, patients--who managed to survive the necessary operation had lost any semblance of sanity, preventing Pilus from accurately gauging the psychological effects of the transplants.

An oddly familiar voice drifted through the open window, a snippet of a conversation being had. "...Hammerfell, looking for something. It's an artifact that is said to be able to raise the dead." Raise the dead? That sounded promising. Relyn's notes had mentioned using weak currents of lightning as a physical stimulant and possible agent of resuscitation, but it all sounded rather extreme.

Pilus needed to experiment. He needed organs and a fresh body. Stroking his beard thoughtfully, the healer's gaze fell on Eldric. The boy bustled purposefully through the library. Young. Healthy. Definitely resilient. But Eldric was Relyn's former apprentice, and testing procedures extrapolated from Relyn's theories on him seemed almost disrespectful. Farth was certainly out of the question. Even if Pilus managed to subdue the bard, moving him would be impossible. There was someone else though. The boy who had entered uninvited with Farth. Someone unfamiliar, and even slightly annoying.

Pilus grinned.

Quickly transcribing what notes he could from Relyn's tomes onto fresh parchment and reverently placing them in his bag, Pilus pushed himself up. Following Eldrics path out the door and into the biting northern cold, he saw Elsa, Farth, Eldric and the boy talking to another figure, a mysterious man with drooping eyes and unwashed skin. He was no doubt the one who mentioned the artifact.

"I'm coming too. That artifact seems... useful." Pilus fought the surprising urge to laugh maniacally. Realizing the malevolence which had inexplicably seeped into his voice, Pilus coughed. "Er, for healing. And such."

Rextoret

top kek
    "I'm coming too. That artifact seems... useful. Er, for healing. And such." Garrus sent a tired gaze toward Pilus. "Oh what joyous news. The clown finally showed up." Garrus took another swig out of his flask, letting the whiskey wash down his throat. "I see everyone has gathered. Our first stop is Solitude." Looking around, Garrus deemed it a suitable time to set off. "Let's go." Starting the walk towards the city, Garrus muttered unheard words under his breath. "Just like old times, eh?"

The trip to Solitude was eerily quiet. No one seemed to feel like talking, especially under Garrus' oppressive mood. For Garrus, the majority of the trip involved sips from his flask and scowls. By sunset, they had reached the gates of Solitude. The guards opened the doors for them, almost as if afraid to be caught in the cloud of negative feelings that seemed to float around Garrus. Within a few minutes, they found themselves inside the Winking Skeever.

Garrus progressed to the counter where a Dark Elf male sat ready to take orders for food, drinks and rooms. "I'll have 1 room." The Dark Elf nodded, accepting the septims that Garrus forcefully pressed into his hand. Handing him the key, the Dark elf shot him a almost hateful glare as Garrus walked away. Looking back at the group, he noted that he had not bought them rooms, a fully intentional act.

Retreating to his room, Garrus locked himself in and fell into the bed, tired and somewhat drunk. It was not long before he was fast asleep, still in his armor.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    As Garrus turned to lead the group to Solitude Elsa rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at the back of his head. While the past two years had done much to mature the young thief she still had her childish moments, and she had a feeling that they might become more frequent if she was going to be subjected to Garrus' foul moods.

The trip itself was tiresome and dull, and Elsa was left with her own thoughts for company. Not wishing to speak with anyone she chose instead to observe. The two young men who'd joined their ranks fascinated Elsa. There was something about their keen yearning to explore and travel without any consequence reminded her of herself. Of course that wasn't necessarily a good thing, and she mentally made a note to watch their backs. Eldric particularly interested Elsa as he'd been fortunate enough to have studied, somewhat briefly, under Relyn's tutelage. Pilus concerned Elsa more than anything else. At first she had thought that perhaps he was one of the few who didn't seem to be left broken after Tear. But there had been a glimpse at something off about him as he had asked to join their group. Something dark had crept inside the healer and Elsa wondered if there was something more lurking under the surface. Only time would really tell she supposed.

As the familiar sight of Solitude broke into view Elsa's mood had considerably worsened and the thief was looking for some kind of outlet. They were allowed within the city walls without any qualms from the guards and the group wasted no time in entering the tavern. Garrus abandoned them without any further words and left to go sleep off the alcohol he'd been drinking since they left the Telvanni manor. Scowling Elsa watched him leave before turning back to the others. "Well, I think I'll leave you boys to it. We'll likely be leaving early tomorrow morning so just make sure you're hear by then and we should be fine. Just, find somewhere to sleep and don't get into so much trouble I have to break you out okay? Have fun." Her tone belied the cheery disposition she was attempting, and she didn't linger much longer before approaching the barkeep.

"I've had a trying day, so give me your strongest drink and keep them coming okay?" The dunmer nodded as Elsa sighed and stared out to the rest of the tavern. It was far nicer compared to many other inns and bars she had frequented as of late, but she was talented in finding something to do, even in a city as respectable as Solitude. Eyeing a few imperial soldiers drinking near the door Elsa winked at them before turning to pass some gold across the counter as the dunmer slipped her drink over. The alcohol burned at her throat, warming her body as it slipped down and the thief managed a smile as she finally relaxed.

It was quite a while later that Elsa finally left the bar and went in search of something to help take her mind off things. Spotting a rather attractive looking imperial Elsa grinned and walked over to introduce herself. As she approached she was aware that the room seemed to lurch with each movement and she briefly wondered if she'd let herself get a little carried away. Soon however she was beside the imperial and she hoped that despite the events of the day she appeared alluring enough to find herself a way to pass the time and a bed for the night. "'Scusemesir, but I couldn't help but notice you're been standing on your own for quite a while and I felt it was in my good nature to come see that you weren't hoping for some...some..company. Yes company." Barely slurred your words and you're still upright, well done girl.

Even as she mentally congratulated herself on her success at at least appearing relatively sober, something clicked in her mind. Well that's a pretty necklace he's wearing. I'd value it at...maybe..some septims. A lot of septims seeing as he's a friend. A friend...

"Tacitus?" Blinking owlishly Elsa looked up and grinned, her arms wrapping around his neck as she stumbled against him. "It's Tacitus! I've found another old friend! And you're not a drunk or sad or anything!" Laughing at her good fortune at finding another old companion Elsa wondered what Tacitus was doing in Solitude of all places.