Ulfric is not the true High king

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
By the Gods. That man who took an arrow in the knee in the opening scene was the missing link to becoming Divine? How we have fallen.

I feel sorry for that poor man. It is justified to slaughter every single Imperial in the heartlands of Skyrim! Nobody deserves to be shot in the knee with an arrow.

Hey, that man would of become an honorable guardsman. Then Alduin showed up, whom Ulfric fulfilled the prophecy to awaken. If any man is to be blamed, it is Ulfric. Lokir never got the chance to claim knee insurance. That is true evil.

You know that Ulfric did not do anything. He was just there and used by the Thalmor to weaken and blind the Empire. The Thalmor are to blame for Alduin, but Imperials love to blame the wrong guy.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You know that Ulfric did not do anything. He was just there and used by the Thalmor to weaken and blind the Empire. The Thalmor are to blame for Alduin, but Imperials love to blame the wrong guy.

The Thalmor didn't kill Torygg and declare war on the Western Holds. Unless you're saying Ulfric is by extension the Thalmor's will made manifest?

When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding​
The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.​

Jurgarik Greycloak

The Thalmor didn't kill Torygg and declare war on the Western Holds. Unless you're saying Ulfric is by extension the Thalmor's will made manifest?

When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding
The World-Eater wakes, and the Wheel turns upon the Last Dragonborn.

not, but they probably put the idea in Ulfric's head. and the WGC, is often used by the rebels for their reasoning to join. Seems like the Thalmor wanted Skyrim and the Empire not focusing on them, was really just coincidence actually. Alduin showed up just because he stopped in that time, not because of some dumb prophecy. That, and the ancient Nord heroes are also to blame for it, fo sending Alduin forward in time in the first place.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
not, but they probably put the idea in Ulfric's head. and the WGC, is often used by the rebels for their reasoning to join. Seems like the Thalmor wanted Skyrim and the Empire not focusing on them, was really just coincidence actually. Alduin showed up just because he stopped in that time, not because of some dumb prophecy. That, and the ancient Nord heroes are also to blame for it, fo sending Alduin forward in time in the first place.

So Ulfric killed Torygg because the Thalmor put it into his head? So when they broke him, they reprogrammed that Nord brain of his and unleashed him. Perhaps that is why they only consider him dormant while the Civil war is undecided? Maybe if he wins the war, he'll become active.

More reasons to not join Ulfric Stormcloak. Thalmor puppet, aye?

Wait? You're denying an Elder Scroll prophecy? as some dumb prophecy? Do you even know how crazy that sounds. You don't just deny an Elder Scroll prophecy.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Taking away a mans right to adventure and turning him into a one town guard is cruel and inhumane!

I don't know what to do Raijin, the other guy here is calling a prophecy from an Elder Scroll as dumb, denying it's fabric. I've lost all hope in TES fans.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Taking away a mans right to adventure and turning him into a one town guard is cruel and inhumane!

I don't know what to do Raijin, the other guy here is calling a prophecy from an Elder Scroll as dumb, denying it's fabric. I've lost all hope in TES fans.

Here you go bro :) This is what you really need :)

Pick your poison.

skyrimbooze.jpg

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
No way! That's the best stuffs around :)

It is all good, I corrected myself. Cause I actually did poison honey brew. Though apparently Black-Briar tastes like crap and the only reason it sells is because Maven cornered the market.

Jurgarik Greycloak

So Ulfric killed Torygg because the Thalmor put it into his head? So when they broke him, they reprogrammed that Nord brain of his and unleashed him. Perhaps that is why they only consider him dormant while the Civil war is undecided? Maybe if he wins the war, he'll become active.

More reasons to not join Ulfric Stormcloak. Thalmor puppet, aye?

Wait? You're denying an Elder Scroll prophecy? as some dumb prophecy? Do you even know how crazy that sounds. You don't just deny an Elder Scroll prophecy.

1) Ulfric is only a "puppet" as long as her serves to distract and weaken the Empire. They want the war to continue, hence why they mention in Ulfric's Dossier that his victory is to be avoided as well.

2) I am saying that Alduin might not have shown up if not for some idiot sending him forward in time in the first place. He just happened to pop out in a time that Skyrim was in Civil war, nothing to do with Ulfric and everything to do with someone else. again, Imperials love to blame the wrong guy.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
1) Ulfric is only a "puppet" as long as her serves to distract and weaken the Empire. They want the war to continue, hence why they mention in Ulfric's Dossier that his victory is to be avoided as well.
I know that, I was being sarcastic when you said Ulfric killed Torygg because the Thalmor put it in his mind.

2) I am saying that Alduin might not have shown up if not for some idiot sending him forward in time in the first place. He just happened to pop out in a time that Skyrim was in Civil war, nothing to do with Ulfric and everything to do with someone else. again, Imperials love to blame the wrong guy.

The Elder Scroll isn't 'Imperials blaming the wrong guy'

The scrolls foretold of the return of Alduin. If you deny that, then you deny the whole TES universe and the nature of what the major thing of this series does. Hence the 'The Elder Scrolls' in the title. If you want to deny the most major component of the games... then alright.

Jurgarik Greycloak

I know that, I was being sarcastic when you said Ulfric killed Torygg because the Thalmor put it in his mind.

The Elder Scroll isn't 'Imperials blaming the wrong guy'

The scrolls foretold of the return of Alduin. If you deny that, then you deny the whole TES universe and the nature of what the major thing of this series does. Hence the 'The Elder Scrolls' in the title. If you want to deny the most major component of the games... then alright.

You are blaming Ulfric for Alduin popping out of the timestream at some random time. That had nothing to do with Ulfric and you know it.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You are blaming Ulfric for Alduin popping out of the timestream at some random time. That had nothing to do with Ulfric and you know it.

It has everything to do with Ulfric. He fulfilled the last part of the prophecy that allowed Alduin's return.

Jurgarik Greycloak

It has everything to do with Ulfric. He fulfilled the last part of the prophecy that allowed Alduin's return.

where does it say that Alduin chose this specific time to pop out of the timestream. IT could have been that Alduin would not pop out at all. it was random, not some lamo prophecy saying this and then it happening pulling Alduin forcibly out of the timestream.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

where does it say that Alduin chose this specific time to pop out of the timestream. IT could have been that Alduin would not pop out at all. it was random, not some lamo prophecy saying this and then it happening pulling Alduin forcibly out of the timestream.

:rolleyes: I don't even know what to say now, you consider Alduin's return random and the Elder Scroll was a lamo prophecy... considering that Esbern makes mention to the prophecy and says he saw it coming.

Find someone else to explain it for you, I'm not going in a circle because you won't accept what an Elder Scroll actually does.

Jurgarik Greycloak

:rolleyes: I don't even know what to say now, you consider Alduin's return random and the Elder Scroll was a lamo prophecy... considering that Esbern makes mention to the prophecy and says he saw it coming.

Find someone else to explain it for you, I'm not going in a circle because you won't accept what an Elder Scroll actually does.

The elder scrolls do not mention when events will happen right? So maybe Ulfric inadverdently finished the prophesy, but would not have actually had anything to do with it because it regards a CIVIL WAR, not ULFRIC KILLING THE HIGH KING.

Jurgarik Greycloak

The elder scrolls do not mention when events will happen right? So maybe Ulfric inadverdently finished the prophesy, but would not have actually had anything to do with it because it regards a CIVIL WAR, not ULFRIC KILLING THE HIGH KING.

When the Snow Tower lies sundered, kingless, bleeding

The snow tower is not Skyrim as a province, or the physical people, but a metaphysical concept, and can't truly be sundered. It just makes sense to use the people of Skyrim for it, because it is stupid, and the empire is going to fall either way, prophecy or not.