Toughest Fight (That you survived)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Morgan

Saarthal fight with a draugr death overlord where he jumps out on a platform above you with stairs leading up both sides he killed me over and over but in the end....I decided to land a hit then run up one side then back down the other side, he followed and I waited for him landed another hit and ran again lol 30 mins later I continued on my way the victor, feeling very proud of myself.

However this fight is the reason I ended up on these forums since afterwards I scampered off in a hurry and failed to notice I was missing Lydia, I've been back she's not there, lost forever *sigh* I still miss you Lydia x

Yeah, that is a sick fight if you start the College quests early. It's way harder than the big boss at the end, oddly enough. This, coupled with what might be a young char's first encounter with rune traps, makes the first half of Saarthal really hard.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
My current hardest fight is to get my almost 11 year old daughter off the PS3 - difficult to do cos she just says "Go play on the PC instead"

Te draugur deathlord in Saarthal on my lv 17 necromancer, I had powerleveled conjuration to get the dead thrall spell but my other skills were severly lacking, it didn't help that my astrid thrall was glitched and refused to wear armor.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
First Dragon fight as a vampire. It happened during the day. I survived but barely.

Tate

It was some stupid necromage in a random fort I found. Her icicle throws hurt a lot and she kept resurrecting her dead apprentices near by even after I kill them. With her magic shield, it's hard to do any significant damage to her. Worst of all, she heal herself when her health got too low. Frustrating battle of many quick-loads. And I think that was on Adept difficulty
Well the ward spells dont affect melee attacks. And if you use your "Fus Ro Dah" you can have them switch to melee instead of magic.

Tate

Te draugur deathlord in Saarthal on my lv 17 necromancer, I had powerleveled conjuration to get the dead thrall spell but my other skills were severly lacking, it didn't help that my astrid thrall was glitched and refused to wear armor.

All you have to do is attack the magic orb behind of him. Did you get his amulet and staff of him also? His amulet is a quest item and the staff is one of the best that I have found.

Tate

im not sure it was the toughest but when i was at the place to forge my amulet and you have too fight the three different spirits or whatever the hell they are and that god awful shout that strips you of your equipped weapon, i lost a bad ass enchanted axe.
Thanks for the information on the three draugr spirits. I kept loosing my scimitar because i didnt know they had the disarm shout.

Clau

The Fateless One
The toughest fight I had been on was the battle royal in The Wolf Queen Awakened. As if Draugrs were not enough, Potema sends a continuous stream of shock magic. I died a couple of times even with the aid of Mjoll and a summoned Dremora.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
just found a forsworn leader dude and some ghost named volsung that could both one shot me with ice crystals to the face @ lvl 20. and a draugr deathlord that also one shots me. lot of one shotting going on over on the west side of the world so far
Same. For that Elder's Cairn place? VERY difficult. Haven't won yet. I had NO idea he was a Dragon Priest though.

TheDovahkiin

My Breton Emile recently took on an ice troll and a frost dragon at the same time. It was not easy since I had no companions and he relies on bound weapons. Fortunately the dragon's frost breath hurt the troll. I took out the troll first (tough but doable) and the dragon was pretty easy. But together...yeah. He also took on a tough dragon early level that knocked him off a waterfall and didn't seem to want to come to the ground (he uses bound weapons so ranged magic/archery is not for him). Once the dragon decided to come down it was the worst decision (for the beast...that is).

My Argonian's toughest fight was The Caller (Winterhold dungeon). Since he generally wields a dagger and doesn't specialize in healing/restorative magic it was a damn tough fight since she kept spamming atronachs. Took a LOT of reloads but eventually brought her down. Had to suck up my roleplaying by having him use an orcish axe to take out the hostiles. Very satisfying once she died.

My Nord's toughest fight would probably be the Alik'r warriors she fought early on. Eight men versus a lone, light armored, low level barbarian woman? Not an easy fight but she took 'em out. After a few reloads of course, several including cutscenes of her getting owned Assassin's Creed style. Now though most human enemies would be lucky if they SCRATCHED her and survive a single hit (and I'm not playing on Easy).
n They have Bound Bow you know.

All you have to do is attack the magic orb behind of him. Did you get his amulet and staff of him also? His amulet is a quest item and the staff is one of the best that I have found.
It wasn't even the final one, he was in a previous room

Ritterkreuz

I can't remember which dungeon it's in, but that draugur overlord that splits into like four versions of himself (three of which are illusions I guess) is a real pain. Every time I figure out which one is the real deal he shouts me across the room, and I only every get one or two swings at him at the most each time.

TheDovahkiin

Malyn with three Dremoras was tough to.

I've done this several times, but the one I'm most proud of was clearing Lost Volskygg with Dreadfall. Nothing but Red Eagle's Ancient Nord Greatsword, of Burning, and a sack full of Vampire Dust. Technically 2 hard fights in a row, the worst is the Draugr Deathlord with an Ebony Bow, and Arrows.

Basic Nightblade tactics, Sneak up muffled (I forgot, Shrouded Shoes) Backstab (With Silent Roll/GCC to Stagger) then stand up for Hack&Bash. Don't let him regain his balance, because even with his HAN Waraxe, he can hack off a chunk of health with one swing (Unarmored.) Stamina Potions, Skooma, anything to keep Bashing. If you hit him while staggered, he'll keep redoing the draw animation, which leaves an opening to Bash him again.

Then, I had to drop down for the Prize, an Ebony Greatsword, unfortunately still in the hands of yet another DDL. I ran out of all of my Stamina recovery, so this one, I had to Charge in to Stagger, Hack&Bash until my gauge ran down, then dust, and hide to catch her breath. Rinse, repeat, took more than 20 minutes. I wound up giving the Bow/Arrows to Jenassa.

Ludwig101

Fighting the Dragon Preist Morokei for the Staff of Magnus!! hands down the hardest one yet.

2 shot lighting bolts- AHHHHH!

had the same problem! Wearing robes and no follower and he kept turning my atronachs against me.. took ages! Stupidly didn't save after i'd beaten him and was nearly killed by the sly thalamor wizard that meets you straight after!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Falmer. Just fluffing Falmer. 'Nough said.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Krosis. The bugger spammed his Staff of Fireballs like no ones business. I only lived because my follower was invincible

Warlord Gathrik is another hard one. Not that bad if you know to Flame Rad him (Kite him over Wall of Flames) but he moves so fast, it's impossible without an unencumbered Altmer. Otherwise, I've taken him out with a Nightblade, but it was all archery, standing clear across the room on the opposite balcony with Spectral Assassin to keep him busy. The first time was just a basic Nord Warrior, 2 hand, light armor, basically all the skills that came with the race. I grabbed the Axe, and managed to take his soul, but then
the Argonian came out, revived Him, and they killed me. I still count it, because I survived the 1st fight.)

Unit7

I don't care what anyone thinks. That Skeeverman during the Thieves Guild Quest? He is a pain in my ass. Doesn't help that those Venomfang Skeevers hurt. Of course if I were smart I'd have gotten the full unrelenting force shout by then. Oh well. Still. Whether he is throwing a bunch of fire balls at me(which are somewhat fun to dodge) or just going all out with his lightning he can be a real pain.

I remember one time I was at the entrance to the room fighting off the skeevers. I backed up a bit and that guy comes running past the door and instantly kills me. It was actually kinda funny.

Also for tough battles. Just about every battle before I get to lvl 15 or so and I love it. :)

TheDovahkiin

I don't care what anyone thinks. That Skeeverman during the Thieves Guild Quest? He is a pain in my ass. Doesn't help that those Venomfang Skeevers hurt. Of course if I were smart I'd have gotten the full unrelenting force shout by then. Oh well. Still. Whether he is throwing a bunch of fire balls at me(which are somewhat fun to dodge) or just going all out with his lightning he can be a real pain.

I remember one time I was at the entrance to the room fighting off the skeevers. I backed up a bit and that guy comes running past the door and instantly kills me. It was actually kinda funny.

Also for tough battles. Just about every battle before I get to lvl 15 or so and I love it. :)
Yeah he was tough, but I left for awhile and came back, no skeevers and I could 1HK him with sneak because he was working at an Alchemy Lab.