Three Skills or Less Builds

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Hi everyone. I have an interesting idea from a limiting perspective to help make the game more interesting and/or fun. Play the game only using 3 (three) skills. The skills you choose are the only ones you're allowed to use, you can't even use any other skill you don't choose. Using these guidelines, which builds do you guys think would work or be fun?

To start us off:

Sneak, Archery. This character will probably get boring eventually. No buying or selling anything, no unlocking any doors or chests, no smithing your bow, no wearing armor, etc.

Two Handed, Heavy Armor, Smithing. This character will smith his/her own armor and weapon to use, rather self sufficient.

Destruction. This character will really rely on found gear, and things obtained through the College of Winterhold. He will also level/cap out quite early since he is only using one skill.

What are your suggestions? Tell me how you think your character would play out.

Pete

I think the two handed, heavy armor, smithing has any hope of surviving to level 2 and beyond. :cowboy:

These can loot / buy /sell to upgrade. They can use potions to survive, but wont brew them.

Imperial Soldier: 1 Handed, Block, Heavy Armor. Goal: Become an imperial solder and survive the war without dying once. (They do like armor that clucks and glimmers in the sunlight.)

Wandering Wizard: Destruction, Conjuration, Enchanting. Using staffs is a must. Scrolls ok too. (this could be fun to play) Image the joy of getting a good staff! The fun of trying to survive early in the game -- followers would be a must.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I might have to try and do a 3 skills or less build to try and freshen up the game for me.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Heavy Armor
Smithing
Enchanting

This way you can make great armor and just use your fists by getting enchantments for strengthening unarmored attacks and health.

ShadowGambit

Conjuration.
Illusion.
Enchanting.

Summon creatures and let them fight for you. Dual Dead Thrall other summoners. Get Eola as a follower. Then you have a little army to fight for you.

And then disappear totally with muffle spells and Invisibility. Frenzy and Pacify when in real trouble.

Enchanting to reduce casting costs and increase magic resistance.

Mage Stone all the way.

4/1/0 in Magicka/Health/Stamina when leveling.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Conjuration.
Illusion.
Enchanting.

Summon creatures and let them fight for you. Dual Dead Thrall other summoners. Get Eola as a follower. Then you have a little army to fight for you.

And then disappear totally with muffle spells and Invisibility. Frenzy and Pacify when in real trouble.

Enchanting to reduce casting costs and increase magic resistance.

Mage Stone all the way.

4/1/0 in Magicka/Health/Stamina when leveling.
Same but trade enchanting with alteration.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
Speech
Lockpick
Restoration
...trolololol...

Or

Sneak, alchemy, pickpocket... The snake in the grass who poisons his foes!

ShadowGambit

Surprisingly, no one has putted the basic Hack and Slash yet:

One-Handed
Heavy Armor
Block

Huh, this is basically how I play. Well, sometimes it's 3-5, but I generally limit my skills to keep my level down, for various reasons. Actually turns out to be More powerful relative to the NPS at mid level, and if you don't switch to secondary skills, stays there when those max out. Some of my favorites:

Destruction/Block: Close, and Distance handled, though you want to avoid the former. Most powerful combo is to chainstun with the shield while they're stuck in your Wall of Flame/Cloak taking constant damage, or just turtle up in a corner, but not very long.

Conjuration, Archery, 1/2handed: Bound Weapons, go for Sword/1h if you want to throw in Summons/Necromancy, or Batlleaxe/2h if you'd rather just hack them to pieces personally. For the latter, I also do the Bash half of Block up to Deadly Bash, so call it 2 +2/2 skills. Or, armor is another option. Keep the spells in each hand, and sheathe to recast/switch.

Block/Conjuration/Sneak: A similar hybrid with Bound Bow, and The Targe of the Blooded. Once you perk up to Atromancy, throw in some 2 minute summons so they wear off right before your weapon. Most fights don't actually last that long, but there's some dungeons where they really pile up. Unlock Dragons late, when you have a decent pile of Health (don't invest in Magicka, nor Stamina so you can take Some damage) Very challenging, but a lot of fun! Really helps to have a good Follower along, until you can Conjure your own.

Archery/Sneak/1H: This is what I call a Pure Assassin, none of that mucking about with Armor, Alchemy, nor Spells, just get in close enough, kill them, and get out with nothing but skills. I've gotten all the way in, and out of the Icerunner, never seen, killed Deeja, and no one else with this build. The other skills are optional, if YOU are good enough at sneaking.

Illusion, Destruction, Conjuration: BAMFO, the "Moshpit Mage". Most powerful character I have.

When you build such a character, it helps a Lot to pick a race that has skill bonuses, and keep your Perking as efficient as possible. You won't have enough levels to pick a bunch of gateway perks, to get to the one you actually want, so don't plan around the assumption that you'll eventually have Ranger, for instance. Also, avoid Perk intensive skills, like Destruction, or Weapon Skills. I still use them, but half-perk, and/or specialize a lot so I don't have to fill out the whole tree. That's why so many use Block, it's the most bang for your buck, in terms of Defense, and lets you stagger, so you can keep dealing damage while they recover. Work only Tactical Skills that you use In Combat (In other words, not Strategic Skills, like Crafting) The exeption being Sneak, which can avoid the fight all together.

The tricky ones are Speech, because that pretty much means staying out of shoppes, and Lockpicking, which can be handled by having your Follower open chests.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Alchemy
Smithing
Enchanting

Make stuff with enchantments and potions and sell them for BIG MONEY!!! and get FILTHY STINKING RICH!
After becoming rich, simply hire mercenaries to do your dirty work.