• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Star Gazer

Isnar had been sitting at his table in the corner, silently. He saw a woman, staring at a khajiit. She seemed interesting, and looked bored. Isnar thought he might walk over and make conversation. He stood up, hobbling over to her table, pulled up a chair, and said "Hello. I am Isnar the Old." Isnar extended his left arm for a handshake, revealing that his left arm was his only arm. "What is your name?"

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
    Kalin tried not to visibly wince as she took in the ancient standing before her. "Isnar the Old, indeed!", she thought to herself. Managing a courteous smile, she gently grasped the elder's grizzled claw with both of her own small hands, giving it only the most ginger of shakes.

"I am Kalin Turyvi, Isnar. Or Kalin of High Rock, as the Nords call me." She reflected on her own name a moment, releasing Isnar's hand. Taking care to remove the weathered and ancient tome from her lap, she placed it carefully on the bar. All the while musing if the book was half as old as the man she now spoke with. "Though I have never been to High Rock, I hear it is lovely".

Star Gazer

"It sure is extremely nice there. Weather is beautiful when it's not raining." Isnar smiled. "I was born and raised there, you should definitely visit the place before you die!" Isnar realized ending the sentence with a term about death, was a conversation killer. He quickly tried to change the subject. "What are you reading, Kalin of High Rock?" Isnar said with a grin.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
    "Kalin, will do, Grandfather. Just Kalin." She said with a smile, reaching for the tome she had only just put aside. With mock enthusiasm she hefted the ponderous volume, displaying the front cover to Isnar. "The Illusionist's Craft: A Study in Practical Application. By Archmage Kedric Fed'aal." She announced the title aloud, she was unsure if Isnar could read. Given her experiences thus far in Skyrim, she was both reluctant to ask and unwilling to assume.

"Archmage Fed'aal was a brilliant altmer mage of the late third and early fourth era. A champion and master of the oft derided Illusion school of magic. I find his theories fascinating, though I admit my own grasp of Illusion is largely academic. "Practical Applications" is considered by many to be the magnum opus of a mer who is almost universally respected, even amongst his contemporaries." She paused a moment, the thought that others may not find the topic as fascinating as she did only just then drifting across her mind.

"I am fortunate The College entrusted me with it on my journey." She finished meekly, clearing her throat.

Star Gazer

"You like Illusion magic? It is one of the less appreciated schools of magic isn't it?" Isnar raised his one good hand. Blue mist swirled around it, and a small square formed in the palm of his hand. He released his hand and he turned invisible! He reappeared behind Kalin "Don't call me grandfather, Isnar will do." The old man let out a cackled laugh as he sat down in his chair.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
    Kalin smiled at the unexpected display of wizardry. Though in truth, she reasoned to herself, this man's great age should have been a clue to some affinity with the arcane arts.

"I mean no disrespect, Isnar. In Cyrodiil we are raised to honor our elders." She inclined her head in a brief but respectful bow as she once again strained to place the massive tome on the bar. "As I said, my grasp of Illusion is almost purely academic. Though I have great respect for it as a school of magic, my curriculum, as it were, focuses heavily on the arts of destruction, alteration and conjuration. I take a minor course in restoration and have an excellent grasp of wards. In time, The Eight willing, I will have the leisure to pursue Illusion in earnest. Unfortunately for now it is the stuff of idle hours and light reading". She smiled politely at the elder, reaching for her mug of cider now grown bone cold.

Star Gazer

"Buy yourself another drink." Said Isnar, tossing a small coin-purse on the table, and returning to his corner.

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    Dar'Vanni stopped just before he left Solitude and swore quietly. He left the leather-skin bag at the tavern. Grumbling quietly, he walked back to the Winking Skeever.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
    "You are too kind, Isnar." She smiled, gently pushing the coin back towards the old man with her finger tips. "The College has granted me a small stipend on my journey. There is no need to put yourself out on my account." She took a moment to take a draw from her mug of cold cider.

"In any event, I have grown accustomed to misfortune. A cup of chilled cider can hardly trouble me." Draining the mug, she placed it roughly down on the counter. "I am quite the seasoned adventurer." She said with a laugh.

Star Gazer

Isnar saw the khajiit walk into the inn for the second time. "Forget something, kitty?" Isnar said, holding up the pouch. He had grabbed it while he was invisible. It was filled with Balmora Blue. He held it up, but motioned for the khajiit to sit down. Isnar wanted to liven up the conversation.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Amanti opened the door to the bustling Tavern and looked around with a grin on her face "Busy as always!" She pushed her was through the crowds and found an empty spot next to an older gentleman and a younger girl. "Barmaid! Freshest brew you have!" She drops a small bag of coins and sat down next to the older gentleman.

Star Gazer

"Leaving so early, you forgot your drink?" Isnar asked. A woman sat next to Isnar, Kalin, and the mysterious khajiit. "Hello there!" Isnar said.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    "Don't worry, i don't plan to leave for awhile yet" Amanti smiled as she pulled up another chair and sat down with her drink

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    "Hello there, fancy see you again." Dar'Vanni put on his merchant voice, as to get them to buy some wares of Ri'saad outside.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
    Offered the new arrivals a weary smile. She pushed her stool away from the bar and rose to her sore slippered feet with a sigh. "The Khajiit is welcome to my chair." she announced absently as she eased her tome back into the sling about her shoulder.

"The night goes on and this book is as heavy as it looks. I will find a bed up stairs and wish you all well." Leaving ten coins on the bar top, and four more for the drink the mage eased her way slowly towards the stairs.

"It was nice to have met you, Isnar." She turned to say, suddenly remembering her manners.

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    "Why leave now, fair mage?" Dar'Vanni smiled. "I can tell you are a mage." He tilted his head and pointed at the tome. "By the symbol on the book, you are clearly an illusionist." Now looking at the newcomer drinking an ale, he whispered. "You're actions go a longer way than how you speak. How is Lady Nocturnal these days?"

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Smiles largely and whispers into her mug "The last time we spoke she was ranting about some Cowl but the shadows are stronger then ever" Slamming the mug onto the table and dropping more coins down on the table "More ale!" Amanti keeps the big smile on her face

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts