• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

My initial thoughts on the bards singing " The Dragonborn Comes" Song was merely a nice gesture to saviour of Skyrim. One DLC that I was hoping to see is one that expands on launching an expedition to the continent of Akavir, similar to that of the Nerevarine before.
i wanna see werelions

zane

i wounder if he would become the bane of dragons like Alduin. btw are the greybeards immortal? o_O i cant imagine someone wanting to become a greybeard to be dedicated to the way of the voice for their WHOLE lives and just be sitting on the mountain, eating and sleeping all day

No, the greybeards are not immortal, when you go into Sovangarde, you can see Jargen Wind Caller in the great halls. He's the one who owned the horn you had to get at the beginning of the game.

jarif

No, the greybeards are not immortal, when you go into Sovangarde, you can see Jargen Wind Caller in the great halls. He's the one who owned the horn you had to get at the beginning of the game.
but who wants to dedicate their lives to the way of the voice o_O

zane

People who really believe what the Greybeards believe.

But Werelions aren't mentioned in any Elder Scrolls lore, so, it's very unlikely.

I agree with werelions not being a part of the lore, but I think they should add it. Why? Because they have werecroc (or something like them if I remember correctly) - I think this could be a great thing for the races of TES. it'd make sense if Kajhiits can become werelions and argonians werecrocs

but I guess its already been established that any race can be any werecreature, so eh lol.

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
Doesn't the Dragonborn supposedly have the blood of Akatosh in it's veins? Making him/her part dragon? Where do dragon's souls go when they die? Being part divine would make one a demi-god at the least. Like Hercules in the Greek mythos.

Interesting thread. :beermug:

jarif

Doesn't the Dragonborn supposedly have the blood of Akatosh in it's veins? Making him/her part dragon? Where do dragon's souls go when they die? Being part divine would make one a demi-god at the least. Like Hercules in the Greek mythos.

Interesting thread. :beermug:
they go to dragon heaven lol XD - anyway back to the topic what happen to dovahkiin if hes made more then one pact on his soul

Pete

Only dragon born emperors are remembered, the rest of us are just forgotten and become dust in the wind.

Oculis_Umbra

Well, if we are speaking of canon Dovahkiin, there's no way to know if he did make a pact with any Daedra. The canon Dovahkiin is seen in the Dawnguard trailer as a vampire, but is that the true canon Dovahkiin?

The only way you can truly predict the canon Dovahkiin's fate is by only following the main quest line. After Alduin's death he would most likely become a prominent character in the politics of Skyrim. If the Stormcloaks won the war (this is without the Dovahkiin interfering) then he may become an adviser to High King Ulfric Stormcloak (due to the Stormcloak's dedication to tradition). If the imperials won, I am sure he would be given some sort of office, possibly he would become Jarl of Eastmarch. He would have a family. Upon his death he would go on to be among the honored dead in the eternal fest of the Hall of Valor.

He would be remembered as the Savior of Men, a man of honor and fortitude, a just representative of the law, and a loving husband and father.

What I have said is up for debate.

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Only dragon born emperors are remembered, the rest of us are just forgotten and become dust in the wind.
Ok, my knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore is spotty at best....but aren't all emperors dragon born? Isn't that how they're able to wear the Amulet of Kings and no one else can, because of the shared blood?
I realise that the amulet got smashed to smithereens at the end of Oblivion, but you would think that following general bloodlines that royalty usually follow, all emperors would have at least some dragon blood...or am I mistaken?

zane

^
supposedly, in an earlier post i pointed out how TES has many small holes in their lore and the dragonborn is one of those many small holes.

They say its possible, but it's not a proven fact. In other words, an easy way to say "we don't know how/ want to make it specific because it could potentially conflict with other parts... so stay in blissful ignorance" lol.

Oculis_Umbra

Ok, my knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore is spotty at best....but aren't all emperors dragon born? Isn't that how they're able to wear the Amulet of Kings and no one else can, because of the shared blood?
I realise that the amulet got smashed to smithereens at the end of Oblivion, but you would think that following general bloodlines that royalty usually follow, all emperors would have at least some dragon blood...or am I mistaken?

Only those of the Septim bloodline were imbued with the blood of Akatosh. And the Septim line died out with Martin Septim. They were not "Dragonborn" in the sense that the main character from Skyrim was though.

The current ruling family, the Medes, are not blessed with the blood of Akatosh.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Isn't the whole bloodline with Dragon Blood, but only because of bloodline, not really Dragonborn because of the gift of Akatosh?

Oculis_Umbra

Isn't the whole bloodline with Dragon Blood, but only because of bloodline, not really Dragonborn because of the gift of Akatosh?

Yep, that is the difference between the two. One is Dovahkiin, and one is Dragon blooded by inheritance. It was a blessing given to Tiber Septim by Akatosh. But not the same sort of blessing that a Dovahkiin is given.

jarif

Well, if we are speaking of canon Dovahkiin, there's no way to know if he did make a pact with any Daedra. The canon Dovahkiin is seen in the Dawnguard trailer as a vampire, but is that the true canon Dovahkiin?

The only way you can truly predict the canon Dovahkiin's fate is by only following the main quest line. After Alduin's death he would most likely become a prominent character in the politics of Skyrim. If the Stormcloaks won the war (this is without the Dovahkiin interfering) then he may become an adviser to High King Ulfric Stormcloak (due to the Stormcloak's dedication to tradition). If the imperials won, I am sure he would be given some sort of office, possibly he would become Jarl of Eastmarch. He would have a family. Upon his death he would go on to be among the honored dead in the eternal fest of the Hall of Valor.

He would be remembered as the Savior of Men, a man of honor and fortitude, a just representative of the law, and a loving husband and father.

What I have said is up for debate.
maby he wouldnt really get involved in politics but after the events of the main quest wouldnt the imperials or stormcloaks seek his help instead?

jarif

dosent Akatosh make someone with the dragon blood if he favors him or pity's a mortal

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
dosent Akatosh make someone with the dragon blood if he favors him or pity's a mortal
Akatosh bestows the gift for a reason. In this case, He gave the Skyrim Dragonborn the gift so he could slay Alduin.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts