• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

So lets get this thread to be really discussed. I am talking about the canon Dovahkiin and what will happen if he dies. Lets look at his feats
He's saved the world from a great and evil darkness of the black wings of Alduin who is the SON of Akatosh.
As the song goes (the dragonborn song from bards) hes helped alot of people and killed many foes, the song goes '' and the legend goes, he will get rid of of ALL evil of Skyrim'' he will get worshiped by Tamriel and the Thalmor will get p!ssed off and probably start the 4th great war and then eventually crushing the Thalmor. I could see Dovahkiin wanting to conquer all of Tamriel and become like the 2nd Talos eventually becoming a God. He will probably be mini good version Alduin, ruling all dragons as his b!tches, claiming more then 500 souls and trained his voice to the point where it is Godly and more powerful then the greybeards and paathurnaax.

Now for all we might know he would go to Sovanguard or become a 10th Divine. But chances are he has made a pact with Deadric princes like hircine for being a werewolf (Dovahkiin being the harbinger, a honorable tittle) there are benifits of not curing his lyncanpothy like immune to disease and being faster and stronger while chances are he has helped the thieves guild and made a deal with nocturnal. So what will happen to Dovahkiin later in the game? & what will happen to Dovahkiin souls? Could the divines be like stfu deadric lords because dovahkiins becoming a god?

jarif

Also lore wise according to the song what would dovahkiin do his whole life as the great hero of skyrim? i would love to see your ideas, arguments and what you would like to see happening

jarif

our hero, our hero, claims a warrior’s heart
i tell you, i tell you, the dragonborn comeswith a voice wielding power of the ancient nord artbelieve, believe, the dragonborn comesit’s an end to the evil, of all skyrim’s foesbeware, beware, the dragonborn comesfor the darkness has passed, and the legend yet growsyou’ll know, you’ll know the dragonborn’s come.

zane

The lore is about the generic role of any Dovahkiin I do believe. There is no date and no say of which dovakiin is the hero in the song. I believe the song derives just based on the acts of talos, not some kind of fate for a new person.

but in the idea of a cannon dova, I dont think anything special will happen. He'll likely be like the hero of Cyrodil. Or almost any other great hero.

that being said, it's hard to declare a "cannon" when the idea of dragonborn can be so various - it's not even a complete nord thing. So he could be buried like traditional nord, or he could go back to which ever homeland he's from.

if Argonian, he/she 'll probably attack morrowind again for vengeance of his people. If he's an elf he may decide to turn on skyrim later for himself after taking out the thalmor and making both groups his army.

The possibilities are so endless :D - which is why so many backstories are juicy x3

jarif

The lore is about the generic role of any Dovahkiin I do believe. There is no date and no say of which dovakiin is the hero in the song. I believe the song derives just based on the acts of talos, not some kind of fate for a new person.

but in the idea of a cannon dova, I dont think anything special will happen. He'll likely be like the hero of Cyrodil. Or almost any other great hero.

that being said, it's hard to declare a "cannon" when the idea of dragonborn can be so various - it's not even a complete nord thing. So he could be buried like traditional nord, or he could go back to which ever homeland he's from.

if Argonian, he/she 'll probably attack morrowind again for vengeance of his people. If he's an elf he may decide to turn on skyrim later for himself after taking out the thalmor and making both groups his army.

The possibilities are so endless :D - which is why so many backstories are juicy x3
its more suited if hes a nord because being dragonborn is norid culture and such. Like when you kill your first dragon the whiterun guard says ''you wouldnt understand your not a nord'' (to Jarl bulgruuf housecarl) beside it would make it more epic because if dovahkiin was nord because how Nords are portrayed

jarif

Besides whats going to happen when dragonborn dies???

zane

same as when the others died xD - life goes on.

there have been many dragonborn, and there are speculations that say the off spring may be dovahkiin as well - but they never fully knew this because dragons were extinct during the time of the septim bloodline continuation.

Other than that, Akatosh can always just pick a new person if need be to be Dragonborn. But I'm sure a different type of hero and villain shall rise after the death of this dovahkiin and we'll have another chunk of lore to discuss then :D

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There's no reason to believe that Bethesda will give the Hero of Skyrim (the Dragonborn) any more status than what the game gives him or her as it did no more for the other games with the Hero of Daggerfall (the Agent), the Hero of Morrowind (the Nerevarine), or the Hero of Oblivion (the Champion of Cyrodiil).
...But chances are he has made a pact with Deadric princes like hircine for being a werewolf (Dovahkiin being the harbinger, a honorable tittle)...
Bethesda historically has not assigned the roles of the side quests in Elder Scrolls games to the Hero of the game. They typically are attributed to persons other than the Hero so it's probable that the Dragonborn will not be the Harbinger of the Companions, a Nightingale and the Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, the Archmage of Winterhold College, Legate in the Imperial Legion, or Stormblade of the Stormcloaks.
....but in the idea of a cannon dova, I dont think anything special will happen....
I think if the Dovahkiin was fired out of a cannon that would be pretty special. :D

I agree that the canon version of the Hero of Skyrim will be consistent with the canon versions of the Heroes of the other games.

jarif

same as when the others died xD - life goes on.

there have been many dragonborn, and there are speculations that say the off spring may be dovahkiin as well - but they never fully knew this because dragons were extinct during the time of the septim bloodline continuation.

Other than that, Akatosh can always just pick a new person if need be to be Dragonborn. But I'm sure a different type of hero and villain shall rise after the death of this dovahkiin and we'll have another chunk of lore to discuss then :D
lol but diddnt you read the top bit? chances are you have sold your soul to deadric lords

jarif

lol but diddnt you read the top bit? chances are you have sold your soul to deadric lords
saving the world, kill dragons for a living is a huge plus, my character is rich from killing dragons, helping everyone weather is small or a big problem, vanquishing evil and earning honorable and glorious tittles like harbinger or something people skyrim wouldnt worship him as a god? eventually dovahkiin would use this to his advantage and his dragons bitches to conquer and rule all over tamriel. Miraaks cultists from dragonborn dlc worship that b!tch so why wouldnt the people of skyrim if they see a true hero of skyrim lol XD

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
Like most of the other Heroes from previous Elder Scrolls game they would probably drop off the Timelines, with only major achievements being remembered to have been performed by them. It does kind of make them a bit more legendary or even mythical in some cases because of varying accounts and theories based around them.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
I would imagine that the Dovahkiin would end up similar to the Neravarine or the Hero of Kvatch. Big legends but the current people do not know many details

zane

its more suited if hes a nord because being dragonborn is norid culture and such. Like when you kill your first dragon the whiterun guard says ''you wouldnt understand your not a nord'' (to Jarl bulgruuf housecarl) beside it would make it more epic because if dovahkiin was nord because how Nords are portrayed
like i said though, the dragonborn isn't nord based, nords just adopted it because they respected Talos. The history of dragonborn is not set to have started with nords, that's just where most nords picked up the culture.

just like skyrim wasn't originally the starting point for nords - they moved in and conquered it and called it the starting point lol.

saving the world, kill dragons for a living is a huge plus, my character is rich from killing dragons, helping everyone weather is small or a big problem, vanquishing evil and earning honorable and glorious tittles like harbinger or something people skyrim wouldnt worship him as a god? eventually dovahkiin would use this to his advantage and his dragons bitches to conquer and rule all over tamriel. Miraaks cultists from dragonborn dlc worship that b!tch so why wouldnt the people of skyrim if they see a true hero of skyrim lol XD

the same can be said about heroes from TES lore ._. lol - but the fact is, all heroes even in lore, are noted for major achievements - not all the small things they've accomplished. Otherwise every game would need to carry over a previous save and the universe would be way to varying.

That all being said - there are indeed MANY plot holes in the lore itself, but most are really small so they go unnoticed most of the time.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
It would quite interesting to see a future expansion where you can actually go to the Oblivion and fight for the right to have your soul back when you die by fighting with the actual Daedric lord prince(s). It would be like Yu Yu Hakusho all over again :D

After it's all over with then you come back to Tamriel to be then greeted by the chief deity, Akatosh. before he greets you he gives an awesome present in the sky. He congratulates you, and then gives you the best gift of being awarded to godhood. He will give you shape shifting ability (To become your very own Dragon) and immortality. You would then be the champion of Skyrim.

An addition..... Once you do become a god and have the ability to become your own dragon you can then have the option to force other dragons into submission. You would have an army of dragons :D

I hope it does happen.

jarif

It would quite interesting to see a future expansion where you can actually go to the Oblivion and fight for the right to have your soul back when you die by fighting with the actual Daedric lord prince(s). It would be like Yu Yu Hakusho all over again :D

After it's all over with then you come back to Tamriel to be then greeted by the chief deity, Akatosh. before he greets you he gives an awesome present in the sky. He congratulates you, and then gives you the best gift of being awarded to godhood. He will give you shape shifting ability (To become your very own Dragon) and immortality. You would then be the champion of Skyrim.

An addition..... Once you do become a god and have the ability to become your own dragon you can then have the option to force other dragons into submission. You would have an army of dragons :D

I hope it does happen.
that would really be cool, a deadra tug of war but i heard if you made more then one claim on your soul their will be a dreamsleave though wouldnt the divines have more use for dovahkiin right now? what would be awesome if shereograth got involved MADNESS :)

jarif

like i said though, the dragonborn isn't nord based, nords just adopted it because they respected Talos. The history of dragonborn is not set to have started with nords, that's just where most nords picked up the culture.

just like skyrim wasn't originally the starting point for nords - they moved in and conquered it and called it the starting point lol.

the same can be said about heroes from TES lore ._. lol - but the fact is, all heroes even in lore, are noted for major achievements - not all the small things they've accomplished. Otherwise every game would need to carry over a previous save and the universe would be way to varying.

That all being said - there are indeed MANY plot holes in the lore itself, but most are really small so they go unnoticed most of the time.
but this is the nord homeland :p more suited for a nord if its skyrim

jarif

I would imagine that the Dovahkiin would end up similar to the Neravarine or the Hero of Kvatch. Big legends but the current people do not know many details
i wounder if he would become the bane of dragons like Alduin. btw are the greybeards immortal? o_O i cant imagine someone wanting to become a greybeard to be dedicated to the way of the voice for their WHOLE lives and just be sitting on the mountain, eating and sleeping all day

jarif

Like most of the other Heroes from previous Elder Scrolls game they would probably drop off the Timelines, with only major achievements being remembered to have been performed by them. It does kind of make them a bit more legendary or even mythical in some cases because of varying accounts and theories based around them.
if you see the bit on the song it says ''beware the dragonborn omes'' this is almost a warning to the dragon borns enemys so we'l have plent of DLC, what dlc would you like to see??? :p

ThriceHeart

Last Hunter of Toru-Manawa
My initial thoughts on the bards singing " The Dragonborn Comes" Song was merely a nice gesture to saviour of Skyrim. One DLC that I was hoping to see is one that expands on launching an expedition to the continent of Akavir, similar to that of the Nerevarine before.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts