OOC The Remnants of Akavir [Character Cards and Discussion]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    *stickied*
    The Remnants of Akavir
    [RP is currently FULL!]
    (This is the intro to the story, just to get a feel.)

Heavy fog rolled over Falkreath hold in the early hours of the morning. Thunder roared in the distance, and the birds remained silent in fear that thier chirping would anger the gods further. The city of Falkreath was quiet that morning, even more than usual. The only thing that seemed alive was the town's gravedigger who was slowly burrying the unidentifiable bodies that were found in the woods outside town the night before.

"Two of them. It's terrible." He grumbled as he forced his shovel into the cold earth beneath his feet. They had been found by Zaria, the local alchemist, as she was out picking herbs the previous evening. They were cold, naked, and very certainly dead.

The man and the woman, both seemingly Nords by thier build, were torn apart. Thier faces were non-existant and thier hands and feet had been torn from thier bodies. The rest of the injuries were like nothing the old gravedigger had never seen in all his years.

Just then, he heard footsteps coming down the stone path of the city. The guards must be snoozing, just letting someone waltz into town after last night. The footsteps came to an abrupt stop, and a voice that sounded foriegn to the old man's ears called out through the mist, "Excuse me sir, is there anyway for me to get a message delivered to the Jarls of all the holds." The man paused to clear his throat, "I'm looking for the best and brightest mercenaries in Skyrim to preform a task for me."

The old man didn't turn from his work as he replied, "There is a courier staying at the inn down the road. If you hurry, you might be able to catch him at breakfast." Who was that man? A crow's caw echoed overhead as he dropped the first body into its final resting place. Ah, well. It shouldn't matter anyway.

(This is just a taste and intruduction of the story for this RP and what you are going to get by joining us!)

Info and General Story outline:
    Ilya and I are looking forward to starting this RP and looking for 2-3 more people to join us in this adventure! Here's just the idea of the story that we will follow:
    • Obviously this mysterious man has entered Falkreath and is looking for the best adventurers he can find to help him with something, specifically retrieving an antient magic artifact. This artifact is very powerful and it is of Akaviri origin (Lore:Akavir - UESPWiki Please read up on Akaviri lore before signing up for this, it will help)​
    • So, we are going to somehow band together to try to accomplish this task.​
    • Later, we will find out that the mysterious man is actually working for the Akaviri nation of Ka Po' Tun who want to invade, destroy and enslave all of Tamriel.​
    That's just a general idea, and we can form a story around it. So, if you like it, go ahead and post a character card here to apply!

-RP RULES-
    • Have fun! This is meant to be fun and used for relaxation. So, this is the most important rule!
    • NO GODMODING! This means no "overpowered" characters that kill anything in one hit, can't be killed or other such shenanigains.
    • Please make your characters within the races of Tamriel (e.g. Khajiit, Argonian, Nord, Imperial, Breton, Redguard, Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Orc.)
    • No killing and/or bullying other player's characters. "Duels" between two characters are ok only if agreed upon by both players first.
    • No controlling another character unless given permission by the player. A reason this could happen is if the person will be gone for a week or something where the story must continue without that person being able to write.
    • On that subject, I am requesting that you post at least every other day. Absence without any warning for longer than an week will result in your character being killed in some creative way in the story :p So please, if you are going to be gone for a while, just let me know either on this thread or PM me!
    • ALL Out Of Character (OOC) posts should be made in the OOC thread (this one you are reading right now :p) All posts in the Private thread will be story related and in-character.
    • Good grammar and spelling is appreciated. However, if someone's grammar or spelling is bothering you, don't be rude about it. Let them know nicely and correct them politely. :D
    • Your character card should look something like this:
      Name: (and/or nicknames) Race: (Refer to rule 3) Gender: Age: (Doesn't have to be specific. You can say "elderly" or "middle aged" or "young adult") Class/Specialities: (How does your character fight? What schools of magic or types of weapons is he/she proficient in?) Appearance: (So that we can get an idea what your character looks like. If you can draw, or find an image on the internet you think is close, that is very much invited here, but not necessary.) Background: (Just a short background. We want to find out more about your character in the story than we do here.) Personality: (Again, just a snip. We want to see the personality shine more in the story as the characters get to know each other.)
    • No one is allowed to be the Dragonborn. Period.
    • Any other concerns and/or violations of rules will be handled by me or Ilya.
    Players............... their character
    The Deadliest Troll.............Sabrina
    Flint firestorm...................Crow
    FlickerWick.......................Alphonse
    Ilya.................................Shade
    PurpleShew.......................Qa'Cleddau
    Gemini Sierra.....................Antione
    OldLace............................Mum'Ra

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
    Name:crow
    Race:wood elf
    Class: swordsman, no other weapon skills
    Appearance: wears dark hammerfall-like garb, black hair and red eyes. Tall, over 6'2, slender but strong
    Background:spent years in hammerfall training as a swordsman, before journeying trough tamreil looking for adventure. During his travals he trained with the legendary sul and developed a unique sword called aircutter ( a rapier). Now arrived in skyrim to begin a new adventure
    Personality: overly confident, proud and somewhat arrogant. Loyal to his friends

This sounds like it could be fun :D

Here's my character card:

Name: Sabrina Valentin
    Race: Imperial
    Class/Specialities: Spellsword. She uses a one-handed sword in one hand and destruction or restoration magic in the other. She prefers to use fire magic to hit enemies from a distance, and will heal her allies with healing spells if they get hurt.
    Appearance: About 5'6''. Built with the beauty and class that any young woman would envy, but she hides her features in heavy armor. Light brown hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. This is an image I found on google that I liked, so picture this. Minus the dress and plus some steel-plate armor:
    609562-bigthumbnail.jpg

Background: Her father, a well respected mage and professor at the Arcane University, pushed her to be her best. Her mother died of a disease that was not diagnosed when Sabrina was very young. Dropping out of the Arcane University in Imperial city for being accused of hot-headedness and being a danger to her fellow mages, she travelled north to Skyrim to try her luck.
    Personality: Like I said, hot-headed and driven. She is strong and even more strong-willed. She secretly hopes for love to find her, but always feels shy when in the presence of attractive men. :p

Name:crow
    Race:wood elf
    Class: swordsman, no other weapon skills
    Appearance: wears dark hammerfall-like garb, black hair and red eyes. Tall, over 6'2, slender but strong
    Background:spent years in hammerfall training as a swordsman, before journeying trough tamreil looking for adventure. During his travals he trained with the legendary sul and developed a unique sword called aircutter ( a rapier). Now arrived in skyrim to begin a new adventure
    Personality: overly confident, proud and somewhat arrogant. Loyal to his friends

This sounds like it could be fun :D
    You're in man! I like the character! :)

FlickerWick

El. Psy. Congroo.
    Could you please check out my CC (Alphonse) on the character card thread? It's on the most recent page. I'm typing on my phone at the moment so if it's ok, I'll edit it in later.

I'd really like to join in on this one, sounds like a blast. :D

EDIT: Here it is. I can be on anytime between 4pm and 12am GMT so I'll definitely be active. My char might be a little handicapped but that'd add to the challenge. ;)

Name: Alphonse Aerrick
    Race: Breton
    Class: Alchemist
    Traits [positive]: Practical, aware of his surroundings, high speechcraft, able to hold his mead and extremely intelligent!
    Traits [negative]: Physically weak, low pain threshold, wounds take longer than normal to heal, hates combat.

Looks: Alphonse has a frail build and is roughly 5"10-11. He has medium-short brown-black hair, striking blue eyes and is rather pale. His skin is in good condition.

Personality: Alphonse is somewhat reserved to those whom he doesn't know. However, those who gain his trust will find him a lively person and an invaluable companion, despite his being useless in a fight. He's somewhat sceptic about a lot of things and has got a knack for telling when people are lying - he isn't fooled easily! He will help others if he can and isn't overly concerned with gold as he makes enough of that through his brews. He has a constant thirst for knowledge and finds ancient nordic and dwarves ruins fascinating.

Combat style: In terms of CQC, none. He's absolutely useless with weapons of any sort, save his longbow. This is used for incapacitating enemies with poisons from far away so that he can actually avoid fights, which is quite ironic. His aim with an bow is excellent and he rarely misses his target. In a fight with a party, he likes to keep his distance and either provide healing to those who need or, as mentioned, snipe enemies with venomous arrows. His signature poison types include potent slow and paralysis poisons. Along with alchemy, his other strength lies in his proficiency with low-level healing magics.

Background:He is a young Breton Alchemist, roughly 20-something or so. When he was a child, he lived with both of his parents in a remote country cabin in the Great Forest in Cyrodiil. One stormy night, when he was 10 or so, his father, who was a scout for the Imperial Legion, stumbled through the door and collapsed on the floor with an arrow in his back. For days on end, he lay incapacitated in a bed in their house whilst his [RP guy] mother tries desperately to heal him, using all sorts of minor restoration magic and applying all sorts of ointment [potions]. Running out of ideas, she sends him [RP guy] to her mother's [RP guy's grandmother] cliffside house, which is a good distance away. The grandmother is a renowned, retired alchemist. Sent to ask for her advice, he travels for days, gets there, receives a possible cure and travels back. Upon approaching his cabin, he notices a human-sized box being loaded onto a horse drawn carriage. Completely confused, he runs up to his grief stricken mother who's leaning against the door to ask her what happened - the father didn't make it. Determined never to see his mother, or anybody else, suffer ever again, he delves into his grandmother's book collection and begins to research alchemy. After about a year or two, he goes to to live with his grandmother so he can learn the tricks of the trade from the master! Years flow by and before long, he's become proficient enough to turn a leaf into a beer. But it isn't enough - having received enough tutelage from his grandmother, he sets off on his own to the northern region of Skyrim where he hopes to uncover the secrets of its native fauna and vastly different landscape. He's 19-21 by now, give or take a few years. His mother has supported him by setting up an alchemy shop where his brews provide their living. On the day he sets out on his northbound journey, he's waved off by his mother and grandmother, mounts his horse and begins heading for Bruma, where he will rest for a little before continuing as it's a long journey. There, he meets a group of traveling merchants who are northbound in order to sell their goods. On his way there, they are ambushed by bandits and separated. Fleeing, he runs from one trouble and into another as it's on the border that he's arrested on the unfounded charge of possessing illegal goods (Skooma?) and sent to Helgen.

Could you please check out my CC (Alphonse) on the character card thread? It's on the most recent page. I'm typing on my phone at the moment so if it's ok, I'll edit it in later.

I'd really like to join in on this one, sounds like a blast. :D

Hey, I like your character! Having somebody who isn't very great at fighting could make for some interesting times. Your concoctions, however, will probably prove very useful to a group! :D Your in!

I'm just waiting for Ilya to get online and post her character card :p

Also guys, I was thinking that this mysterious man will send our characters out to Shriekwind Bastion to recover this artifact. It's just north-east of Falkreath, and it's really HUGE! So many puzzles, easy to get lost. Also, crawling with skeletons and vampires. I think it's a perfect place to begin our adventure! :D

Ilya

Article Writer
    Name: Shade

Race: Dark Elf

Class/Specialties: Assassin, Favours sword and dirk, levitation

Appearance: 5'8", dark gray skin, long silvery gray hair, green eyes, decievingly delicate features.

Personality: Shade has a dark/sinister exterior and only the few she calls friends know the truth which lies in her heart. Although she keeps mostly to herself, she isn't socially inept. She's very deticated to her work and is always trying to improve her skills. She carries herself with confidence and most men find her intimidating.

Background: Shade was raised by her father up until his death when she was in her late teens. He too was an assassin, and taught her everything he knew, starting at an early age. Ever since she can remember, they had never stayed in any one place long enough to make friends or call it "home". Shade endured a difficult childhood; forcing her into a life of murder, deceit and betrayal. Ever since her fathers death she's been roaming the wilds of Skyrim trying to fill the void that is her life.

Wonderful! Now we have enough people to start! We do have one more open space if anyone wants to join. Anyway, I think we should make sure that we are all on the same page before I set up the story. So, we are all going to show up in Falkreath (Dead Man's Drink is the inn) and seek out this mysterious man to inquire about the job he is offering. He will send us each to South Shriekwind Bastion on a quest to retrieve a lost artifact. Then, either in the inn or on the road or maybe some other means, we will meet up and decide to accomplish this goal together.

And we go from there. Everybody dig what I'm throwin down? :D If so, then I will probably start the story up tomorrow while I'm at work since I'm being seduced by my bed right now. Who knew getting back in shape would make me so tired? :p

So yeah, just lemme know if there is anything that needs clarifying. :D

Flint firestorm

I've cleared shriekwind bastion before and I think Its a brilliant place To begin are MAGICAL, MYSTICAL ADVENTURE OF SKYRIM!!!!
    Hehe can't wait :D

I know! Shriekwind Bastion is insane. I especially think that the fire trap will prove quite interesting :p I tried to take pictures of it with my phone, but... well... my phone sucks. So that didn't work to well. I wish I could take screenshots with my PS3 ugghh. :D

Looks like we're all set! When's this bad boy starting then? ;)
    Magical! I'm going to post the story thread after my lunch break then! Then, everyone can introduce thier characters into the story. Should be fun!

Flint firestorm

I know! Shriekwind Bastion is insane. I especially think that the fire trap will prove quite interesting :p I tried to take pictures of it with my phone, but... well... my phone sucks. So that didn't work to well. I wish I could take screenshots with my PS3 ugghh. :D
    Same with me on the ps3. But the first time I fought the vampire master there I ran back through the fire traps, luckily the vampire wasn't as good at dodging fire as me :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts