OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Missed you too, Farth!

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    zAzvz.gif

Rextoret

top kek
    [‎11‎:‎16‎:‎42‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: Where would the RP begin?
    [‎11‎:‎16‎:‎51‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Still thinking about that
    [‎11‎:‎16‎:‎54‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: in what city at least
    [‎11‎:‎17‎:‎02‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: give me a sec
    [‎11‎:‎17‎:‎08‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: no. not allowed
    [‎11‎:‎17‎:‎12‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: fuk
    [‎11‎:‎18‎:‎12‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: i want to say the capital, but alternatively starting in Arran, Kilbride, or Dornach would provide us with a journey to the capital
    [‎11‎:‎18‎:‎46‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: I don't want to start at either of the two islands for sure
    [‎11‎:‎18‎:‎56‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: They're places to go to eventually
    [‎11‎:‎19‎:‎46‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: All are port towns.
    [‎11‎:‎19‎:‎59‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: That's part of the point
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎04‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: I could see Dornach making the most sense, with it being the largest port
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎16‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: right in the middle.
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎18‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Makes it more likely for everyone to get there
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎28‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: That's what I'm thinkinh
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎30‎ ‎PM] Nice shot!: Not traveling too far out of the way for anyone
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎30‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: thinkinh
    [‎11‎:‎20‎:‎37‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Give me a sec tho
    [‎11‎:‎21‎:‎16‎ ‎PM] Rextoret: Yeah let's go with Dornach

So, RP is starting in Dornach. Will keep everyone updated on details as I formulate them.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    Can I create a minor deity for the northern side of things? Would probably be like an "old gods" type that's mostly passed out of relevancy, but it still practiced in the northern areas that are more isolated. I want my character to be from a smaller town or something, probably Stornaway. But I'm not sure about the setting yet, don't feel at home or familiar with it. I'm going to try and create my character the same way, where he feels just as unfamiliar with the world as I do.

The deity would be called Verk, god of the Mountain, god of trials and hardships, pain and suffering.

Rextoret

top kek
    Can I create a minor deity for the northern side of things? Would probably be like an "old gods" type that's mostly passed out of relevancy, but it still practiced in the northern areas that are more isolated. I want my character to be from a smaller town or something, probably Stornaway. But I'm not sure about the setting yet, don't feel at home or familiar with it. I'm going to try and create my character the same way, where he feels just as unfamiliar with the world as I do.

The deity would be called Verk, god of the Mountain, god of trials and hardships, pain and suffering.

For Stornaway, I had in mind a thief-God. The main idea there is thieves and scum, so the religion should match that.

But having a slowly fading away religion like that is fine, and it could serve as a good cover for the citizens of Stornaway. In public, they could worship Verk and in private they would worship their thief-God.

The main religion is "The Pantheon", though I haven't given any details to that yet. I'll get on that eventually though. I want to give people the freedom they want here, and I want diversity in peoples, religions, etc. So yeah, go ahead and make that religion. Just consult with me as you go along so I can make it fit into the current world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff member

For Stornaway, I had in mind a thief-God. The main idea there is thieves and scum, so the religion should match that.

But having a slowly fading away religion like that is fine, and it could serve as a good cover for the citizens of Stornaway. In public, they could worship Verk and in private they would worship their thief-God.

The main religion is "The Pantheon", though I haven't given any details to that yet. I'll get on that eventually though. I want to give people the freedom they want here, and I want diversity in peoples, religions, etc. So yeah, go ahead and make that religion. Just consult with me as you go along so I can make it fit into the current world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That works out even better. I plan for my character to be a pretty good dude but gets sucked into the criminal underworld anyways.

Staff member
    You guys having your private reunions makes me feel like a complete and total outsider to this RP

Staff member
    That said, can someone link me to whatever page the calendar is on?

Staff member
    So I should think of it more like a season calendar instead of a month calendar.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    4,420 posts, Gidian.

;)

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    I'm figuratively licking my lips at the thought of making a new character and starting a new RP. Is it 2014(?) again?
    What the fluff op where have you been and why has it not been with us?

Going to add you on steam so you can send me a pic of your beard.

And if you are really in Detroit, you should visit me.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'm figuratively licking my lips at the thought of making a new character and starting a new RP. Is it 2014(?) again?
    What the fluff op where have you been and why has it not been with us?

Going to add you on steam so you can send me a pic of your beard.

And if you are really in Detroit, you should visit me.

Aw man, I just shaved yesterday! Give me a week (though I really just get thick, longish stubble, so it's not much to write home about). And maybe I will!