• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    OOC: This is the IC thread, see the OOC for anything not in charcter, like rules. If you want to make a little OOC sidenote here use OOC: before you post.

You have finally reached Whiterun, the center of Skyrim. Whatever your reasons may be, you have stopped at The Bannered Mare, a respectable inn, in the center of Whiterun. Spirts are high, bards sing; for the news of the Dragon Slayer has spread, they say he has finnaly rid the land of Alduin, "The World Eater". Soon you will gather up your gear and head out into the land of Skyrim.

Behind the counter is a middle aged Redguard women wearing rags, most likely just a cleaner. Just as you were about to take a swig from your lovely looking tankard, the doors fly open and a rather large Redguard walks in, ducking to avoid hitting his head of the beam supporting the door, it's hard not to notice the old, deep scar running from this left eye to jaw. As he walks in, the women in rags takes her departure downstairs through the trap door. The Redguard is followed in by two seemingly identical men, both of which have scimitars sheathed by their side. "Right, get me 'n me boys a drink then!" The large Reduard grunts as he takes a seat at the bar.

This will lead into a starter quest. You can choose to igonre it and head out doing as you please on your own OR one of you/both/none of you can follow the quest together. You may recogzize it!

Attachments

• 800px-Bannered_Mare_Interior.jpg
      800px-Bannered_Mare_Interior.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 75

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    Rale watches the Redguards take thier seat, and looks at the trapdoor the Woman just walked down, curious, he turns on his stool to face the Redguard men and says "Hello lads, what brings you to Skyrim?" In the least suspicious voice he could put on, eager for thier answer...

The biggest of the Redguard turns his chair around to face this curious man head on. He looks as though he might say somthing. Then he pauses, inspects the man up and down before answering in a hushed voice; "As it happens, lad, we are looking for someone, a Reguard women, she aparently resides in this city. Tell you what, since your so curious, if you find her, I'll reward you, hansomely. Now, if you don't mind, I have plans to go over." He says, after he's finshed he turns his chair back around and starts to talk agian to his companions, in even quiter voices.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    (Ill stop writing after this for people to catch up)
    Rale liked the sound of money for a simple kidnapping. He had done jobs like this before, only this time he knew who the women was, so he wouldnt have to spend valuable time searching for clues. It was obvious it was the Redguard cleaner, he could go down that trapdoor and take her easily to the Redguard men. He would make his money in a mere ten minutes.
    Rale stood up, pulled up his hood and walked casually towards the trapdoor. He thought he would need some "Persuasion" to get the girl to come with him. He pulled out an orcish dagger, and proceeded down the trapdoor...

Rarga

Rarga sat in the far corner of the Banned Mare, examining the Redguard men as they demanded some drinks.
    "Filth," Rarga mumbled.
    He then saw a blonde haired Nord man, speak with the Redguards then casually walk away.

Ignoring this Rarga beckoned the bar-maid over, "Horker loaf with some potatoes and two bottles of your finest mead, please," he requested, you could easily hear his foreign accent when he spoke at such a moderate tone.

Derath_farseer

He sits at the counter writing in a journal, he pauses and looks up at the bar-maid and waves her over.
    "What can I git you Hun" she says warmly to him
    "Roast chicken, and some water." He says in a emotionless voice and goes back to writing in his journal once she brings him his food, he takes a few sips of his water and goes back to writing.

Rarga

Rarga finished his meal and mead.
    He decided that he was in the mood for a chat.
    Rarga strode over to the Imperial man who was scribbling in a book, and pulled up a seat beside him.
    "What, you writing?" Rarga asked trying hard to hold back his accent, to his dismay it didn't work to well.
    "Ah, how could I be so rude!, I'm sorry, I'm Rarga," he said in the most polite way he could muster, whilst extending a hand.

Derath_farseer

His pale eyes never leave his book.
    "What I'm writing has nothing to do with you."he says in the same emotionless voice, he sips his drink and continues to write

Rarga

Rarga frowned,"I never said it did," he pulled his hand away.
    Rarga turned towards the bar-maid, "Another bottle of mead."

Derath_farseer

He sips on his water again, setting his book down he rips off a piece of chicken and plops it in his mouth it might as well of tasted like ash from the look on his face.
    "Tell me... Rarga I'm looking for word on a group called the forsworn, Do you know any thing about them." By his accent its clear he isn't from around here, In fact nothing about him seems to fit in with skyrim from how he talks to how he acts.

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin watches these soft-skins, and a vicious smile crosses his lips.His teeth are flint sharp, and he enters the inn. He its down besides several other people, an orc and a mer. Having prepared his own meal of skeever meat, he joins in conversation simply to get over the loneliness of countless days on the road. Through a mouthful of skeever meat, he listens intently. (OOC: are all of the players from HOD? :O )

Rarga

"Huh, Oh!, yeah. I killed a group of them on the way back from Solitude, they were camped at an overlook near Dragonsbridge. Nasty little buggers aye?" Rarga took a sip of his mead.
    "Why you askin?" he questioned and turned to look at the expressionless man.

Derath_farseer

Rather then answer the orcs question he ignores it and pulls out a man.
    "Mark down the area." He says in a commanding tone which is hard to pull off because of his age

Rarga

Rarga was about to mark down the area but suddenly stopped, "You support the Imperials, yes?"
    Rarga smiled, "Good man."
    He marked the overlook on the map.
    "Oh, I also happen to know of another Forsworn camp," he looked back towards the Imperial man.

Geel-Kajin

Geel-Kajin looked at them a second before joining in "Forsworn? Would you mind if i join, I require their armor, and the more of us which go, the safer it is" His eyes travel to the two hardened travellers, more than eager to join.
    (OOC: how have we suddenly gotten away from the quest?)

Derath_farseer

He looks at them both then back to the orc
    "Yes I.. support the empire, Now mark down their camps locations" He looks towards geel "Come if you want." he turns back towards the orc "How well do you know these lands?"

Rarga

"I've been travelling all across Skyrim for 20 years now, I know enough," Rarga turned towards the argonian then turned back to the map, and marked two areas where he was told the Forsworn are.
    "I surely know how to get to these camps," he said with a nod.

OOC: Fine by me if you ignore quests that I lay out, Rale can do it if he wants. You three can go forsworn hunting if you wish. You can always come back for it later ;)

The three Reduards gulp the last of their drinks. Stand up and get ready to leave. One of the ones with a scimitar nods at their leader; "Rorikstead it is then.", then they leave the way they came, ducking again to avoid getting nasty bumps on their heads of the beam above the door. They seem to have left a few septims on the table, as a tip, however they also have accidently left a piece of parchment on the table. Could be useful.

The other barmaid, who served the other fine gentlemen (The Nord, Imperial, Orc and Argonian.) could not help but overhear. "Forsworn ehh? Last I heard, they were dishing out trouble up Markarth way." She butts in. "If your going hunting for them, apparently they can be found hiding up near Dragon Bridge." Then she goes back to serving mead to a Nord man who just walked in.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts