• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
While playing through skyrim again I found myself noticing that Narzulbur - The Elder Scrolls Wiki is the only Stronghold mine with ebony veins. It is no coincidence, I think, that the Sacellum of Boethiah - The Elder Scrolls Wiki is nearby and it's prince rewards the player with the Ebony Mail for completing her quest. It's little story connections like this that make Skyrim the living world that it is and promote immersion, has anyone else noticed this?

With the history that Boethia has: devouring the Chimer hero-god Trinimac and spitting him up as Malacath (more or less the same person, only now a Daedra). I'm curious, does Boethia now have Malacath under her control? Is she just posing as Malacath and Trinimac was real just killed? Would either of these things explain Boethia seemingly keeping a close eye on the orcs of Narzulbur.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
That's an interesting line to draw. I'd never considered it. I wonder how much thought Bethesda actually put into little things like that or are we just drawing our own conclusions and theories out of simple coincidences.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
That's an interesting line to draw. I'd never considered it. I wonder how much thought Bethesda actually put into little things like that or are we just drawing our own conclusions and theories out of simple coincidences.

Well, I have been known to wildly speculate, but I don't think that this one is; it's too close and too fitting. The second paragraph, however, is ALL speculation. I'm curious as to your thoughts on this.

Unit7

Well if they were smart they'd probably claim they did even if it was just a coincidence.

In truth it wouldn't surprise me if they had given it careful thought. Bethesda does love it's lore. Can't go thirty feet without tripping over a book.(speaking of which... I have now found 2 random books on the ground in places they shouldn't be and I don't remember droping them...)

but then again it could be a coincidence.

It's an interesting theory and opens for some great speculation. Could provide some great storylines for DLC.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Well if they were smart they'd probably claim they did even if it was just a coincidence.

In truth it wouldn't surprise me if they had given it careful thought. Bethesda does love it's lore. Can't go thirty feet without tripping over a book.(speaking of which... I have now found 2 random books on the ground in places they shouldn't be and I don't remember droping them...)

but then again it could be a coincidence.

It's an interesting theory and opens for some great speculation. Could provide some great storylines for DLC.

True, either way this would be accredited to Bethesda. As to the DLC, something centering around the orcs, dunmer, and daedra would be cool. It'd show the side of the Daedra that really hasn't been seen since Morrowind.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Oh I just got a crazy idea. So Wuuthrad doesn't harm Orcs extra, when it's supposed to do extra damage to all mer. Perhaps this is because that Orcs are closer to Daedra than mer. Discuss!

DovahCap

The one cube to rule them all.
Well, my counter to that theory is that it was the Aldmeri or whatever that Ysgramor fought, the Chimer or something like that? Orcs never invaded Skyrim. The rest of the elf races did. And the description says bonus elf damage, not bonus mer damage. Elf and mer mean the same thing, but did Bethesda see it that way with Wuuthrad?

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Well, my counter to that theory is that it was the Aldmeri or whatever that Ysgramor fought, the Chimer or something like that? Orcs never invaded Skyrim. The rest of the elf races did. And the description says bonus elf damage, not bonus mer damage. Elf and mer mean the same thing, but did Bethesda see it that way with Wuuthrad?

They should've. It's been this way since even before Morrowind, maybe all the way back at arena.