• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Envii

Suddenly the door of the pub bursts open, a young Nord male around 20 years old stands panting and sweating in the flickering light. Realisizing he has drawn attention to himself Aadvar hurriedly rushes for the back of the room knocking chairs aside loudly. Heads swivel and turn as the boy stumbles through their midst. What have i done, what have i done WHAT HAVE I DONE He thinks to himself. He finally manages to stumble into a seat far in the back of the pub. he slides his chair out of the firelight because for some reason it is seems to be making his skin tingle in an odd way...He brings his hands up from under the table and wrests his hands on the table but jumps as his fingers come up still covered in blood. He looks around hurriedly to make sure no one noticed the blood as he wipes it off on his ripped pant legs in a panic. All he had wanted to do was find a cure for his father in that cave...he had never expected to see....he could even bring himself to say it...vampires. He shudders at the thought and nervously gulps at the mead the bar maid has placed in front of him. His mind flashes back to his terrifying battle with the man in the cave. The room was dark and the images of his struggle for survival swirled around in his head. he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. Its ok, he thought. Hes dead...I killed him...He couldnt have been a vampire then...theres no way..its not possible. These reassuring thoughts lulled his mind into a trance for a moment but he was startled out of his chair as a gruesome image of fangs and blood flashed across his vision. He fell backwards with a scream and crashed to the floor. As he climbed back into his seat and lifted his mug he caught a glimpse of himself in his mead. Yellow was begging to creep into the edges of his eyes....Aadvar shook his head and downed his mead reassuring himself that nothing could have happened to him because of his fight with the vampire. Little did He know that he had not really escaped the cave after all..

Rextoret

top kek
    Rellicus watched the young man across the tavern. There was something off with the kid. Something that Rellicus did not quite understand. The way the man's eyes flicked back and forth indicated he was afraid of something. Fear of himself? Fear of someone else? Fear of something far more sinister? Rellicus didn't know. But he was not the kind man who sits while another man dies of fear. Rellicus' past forced him to do so. So Rellicus stood up with his mead and walked across the tavern. He sat down opposite the man. He stared deep into the man's eyes. He saw something... off. "Something the matter? Perhaps I can help. I don't leave men to wallow in misery. And you look fairly disturbed."

Envii

Aadvar jumps when the man sits down in front of him What in blazes could he want!? "something the matter? no...no of course not! he says with a nervoud chuckle as he slips his blood stained hands beneath the desk. "just ran into some bandits on the road" Aadvar sizes up the man, he carries himself with a measured but confident step. The definition on his powerful frame showed that he was no stranger to hard work...or battle... I must be careful with what i say to this stranger He thought to himself

Rextoret

top kek
    "You're in a tavern boy. Yet you're practically dripping with sweat. I think a small encounter with bandits doesn't cause that much fear. Not to mention the way you barged in here. In a rush to get drunk? I think you're hiding something."

Envii

Rage tore through Aadvar at the mans words Who is he to question my business?! his eyes locked viciously with Rellicus's and became predatory slits. The warmth of the fire drained for a moment and the room grew darker "What business is it of yours anyway!" he spit out ferociously. Almost as soon as it began it was over, his eyes turned back to their normal ice blue and the fire began to crackle and the tavern music seemed to grow louder again. "im..sorry...just startled is all"...(voice trails off) Aadvar is not prone to anger and is confused as to where the sudden and intense fit of rage came from..."they got the jump on me is all, i lost my wits"

Rextoret

top kek
    "And how, may I ask, did you get out of there alive? You don't look tough enough to hold off multiple bandits in a surprise attack. Hell, you don't even have a weapon do you?"

Envii

Still confused by what was happening to him Aadvar decided to unburden himself slightly to this stranger, perhaps he could help him after all "listen friend if you must know the truth i shall tell you, follow me however there are too many ears here" Aadvar gets up and moves towards the shadow in the back of the tavern.

Rextoret

top kek
    Rellicus watches the man stand up and walk into the shadows. They seem to wrap around him. The man's features blur in the darkness. Odd, Rellicus thinks. Rellicus stands and moves over to the shadows next to the man. "What is your trouble?" Rellicus says.

Envii

"The trouble is...my father. he has grown ill and no one can help him. Spells and herbs do not work, some mysterious illness still plauges him. There is a legend told in my family that a cave near to this village holds the power to heal any wound... I to--ARGGGGGG" Advars eyes bulge and searing pain shoots through his whole body, it feels as if the very blood in his veins is boiling. He doubles over cluthing his stomach and falls to his knees coughing, flecks of blood spatter the floor. As he slowly climbs back to his feet he continues "I took matters into my own hands and went into the cave inside a bumped into a man...he must have been sick..or crazy or both!! as soon as he felt me he came out me arms outstretched hissing and spitting agrily. He grabbed my arm and well..." Aadvar finally lifts his arm above the table to reveal a grievous looking wound that swells and oozes. "the man must have been ill" he continued "I could tell something was not right...his...his eyes...." His voice trails off as he recalls the terrible memory of the man in the cave. he stares into the fire before he is consumed with another bought of coughing

Rextoret

top kek
    'You can't help your father dead. Do know what you caught? I hate to say it and be ridiculed for beleiving some supernatural superstition, but could he had been a... Vampire?"

Envii

Fear shot through Aadvars mind, "vampires?" he thought desperatly. the more he thought about it the more it made sense!! He had not told the stranger but the man in the cave had wounded him...with his teeth...At first Aadvar had thought nothing of it but now..."Surely you know that these are just myths!!" aadvar pleaded. "next you are going to be telling me he was a werewolf" Aadvar laughed off the mans words convincing himself that the man was wrong

Rextoret

top kek
    "What else could it have been? I'm not one to believe such far fetched stories! But I saw your sudden rage at my questions. Your eyes changed colors! I swear, at least that's what my eyes told me." Rellicus told the man. Rellicus didn't believe the stories either, but it seemed the only thing that was plausible. "Either way, we need to get your wound treated. I don't know any restoration magic. Do you perchance?"

Rextoret

top kek
    "Is there anything else you can tell me about the encounter? This might disturb you, but I have met a vampire. I met him in the... well, it doesn't matter now. But he was a vampire. He... he drank others blood to survive. When he did so, they became a vampire as well. Surely there's more to that injury? That's not a stab wound if I've ever seen one." Rellicus said to the man. He looked at the wound again. Not any weapon wound by his mind.

Rextoret

top kek
    "Very well. Let's go see her." Rellicus helps the man through the town to the Apothecary. Rellicus ponders the man's strange wound as they move towards the Apothecary. "Here we are." Rellicus and the man stumble into the building.

Envii

"She's here? I dont see h--" he stopped abruptly as he saw movement from in the shadows. In a whirl of feathers and bone the healer stepped out from the darkness. "you didnt tell me your healer was a Hagraven!" he hissed. On his many hunting trips Aadvar often ran into Hagravens and has a deep hatred for them.