• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Zij'Qua El

Historical Archivist and Aspiring Writer
    ((Sorry lads and lassies. This is a short RP thread only for crabrangoony and Vamplord275.))

The sun was high and the weather was fair as a certain wood elf sat on the fence of the stables, the sound of horses, dogs, and birds filled the air. He was clad in his hunting garb for this area, washed out brown and tan clothing with leather boots and gloves. Slung over his shoulder was a strung bow of intricate carving and upon his back was a quiver full of steel arrows. Curiously enough he had two potions tied to his belt.

His eyes were trained in the distance, as if he was following something. A knowing smirk was plastered on his face.

"Wonder when they'll get here."

Vamplord275

Terje Ploped Down Beside him. He wore a full set of epic ebony armor and had his orcish axe at his side. He played with his vampieric powers in his right hand, in the form of a Drain life spell.

crabrangoony

Musician and Writer
    Lysara woke from her slumber to the bright sun and the sight of deer drinking from the river. 'I'll hunt you later,' she thought to herself as she took down the tent. She stowed the equipment away under the usual rock and started her journey back to Whiterun. It only took a few minutes of walking to reach the stables and see the elf and the Nord in a distance. It was a strange sight, to see such a small man and such a big one (OOC: Terje is an average-sized Nord, right?) standing together. Allimir looked like a plain adventurer, just like herself, and Frodrik looked dauntless in his ebony mail.

She finally reached them, not bothering to sit. "Afternoon, boys," she said. "Shall we hunt?" Lysara was clad in her regular hooded deep purple robes. She wore a sturdy pair of scaled boots. She had her ebony bow slung on her back.

Zij'Qua El

Allimir glanced as the nord appeared out of nowhere, "What in Oblivion? Nords are not usually so sneaky." Just as he was about to inquire about their female compatriot she appeared as well. He gave her a winning smile as he jumped off the fence, bowing low. "G'day! Well then are you both ready to act as fodder while I bag the kill?"
    Before he gave them a chance to answer he pointed off to the distance, where he was staring earlier. "A giant was seen herding a single mammoth earlier today from the north to the south west, along the road. By now they should be fairly close to Sleeping Tree, another giant camp. Due south of it I believe. There he'll trade, like he usually does, and return back to his camp somewhere in those strange geyser fields. I've been keeping tabs on this lummox for over two weeks now and I think this is my last chance before he catches on and pulls something. We'll wait along the road, near this Fort Greymore place where the road forks. That's when you two will pull the magic and I place an arrow in the mammoth. Be sure he is far away and unable to see the Mammoth's death, lest he'll... get really nasty."

He inhaled, out of breath by the last word. He looked between the two, hands behind his back and rocking on his feet, "Any questions?"

crabrangoony

Musician and Writer
    She nods. "Fort Greymoor... I think I blew through there once hiding from giants. Some nasty bandits around these parts, I'll tell you. Try to kill a little rat just for scurrying by." She paused and looked off to where Allimir pointed. "It seems like a good plan. I think the three of us could handle a giant... Well, I hope so."

Zij'Qua El

The elf nodded, "Yup. And no killing it if it can be helped. I'd prefer not to kill the over-grown mer just for walking about with cattle. At least I'm sure we can outrun it. Now then..." He hefted the bow off his shoulder and into his hand with but a bump. "Stay close now, and enjoy the fresh air, will you?"

He laughed lightly as he turned to walk down the road, looking more as if he was taking a simple stroll rather than being on a hunt. Not a cloud in the sky, a nice high 60's degree temperature, and hardly a wind. Far off in the distance one might be able to make out the figure of their quarry, traveling south as predicted.

Zij'Qua El

((Sweeet. Let's roll then!))

The elf lead the group down the road until a fork was reached. It was not far off from the fort as the bosmer said. Recently it was cleared out, but bandits have been notorious for moving back in as quickly as rats. However, as far as Allimir can tell, it was abandoned and dead.

He kept track of the giant's progress. He just now reached Sleeping Tree Camp and would be turning around any second now. The elf looked at his surroundings and gave a quick nod, letting out a chuckle.

"Alright then. I'll be behind those rocks upon the hill. You two do whatever you can to deal with that giant. If this works then I'll be sure we all become rich and have some fame around here."

Zij'Qua El

((There's only one giant.))
    Smiling, the elf bowed comically to the breton, "Don't get a cut now!" He booked it up the natural rise and hid among a generous amount of old stones that lie upon the top. At the rate the giant was moving with the mammoth it would take, Allimir calculated, seven minutes or so before they were in the center of the ambush. He took one of the potions on his belt and coated an arrow with it, covering it with a sort of green, noxious slime. He nocked his arrow and prepared for the ambush. He was seriously troubled by the nord. He didn't seem right.

Necromancer? No. They're usually tucked away in a cave. Daedric worshiper? The bosmer couldn't tell, so he left it alone to deal with another time. He then turned his thought to the breton and chuckled. He couldn't peg her for the traveling type, but he was one to talk.

He could barely feel the stomps of the two gargantuan creatures as they came closer.

crabrangoony

Musician and Writer
    (Oh! I thought he was trading with another giant >.>)

The breton watched as Allimir ascended some rocks and coated his arrows with something out of a bottle. Some type of poison, she thought to herself. Lysara crouched next to the nord and readied her bow, for good measure.

Zij'Qua El

((Well, yes, but at Sleeping Tree. Now he's going home. Sorry if that wasn't clear ><))