OOC The Art of Forsaken Slayers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    - 4E 201 -
    Lord Harkon of the Volkihar vampire clan seeks the Elder Scrolls in order to discover the location of Auriel's Bow, which has the means to blot out the sun. The newly reformed Dawnguard travel to The Forgotten Vale and retrieve Auriel's Bow and defeat Lord Harkon, thus ending the vampire problem within Skyrim.
    - 4E 212 -
    Whispers speak of dark figures in the night, people going missing, trails of blood and viscera appearing in the wilderness. In the east The Dawnguard is once more divided after the death of Isran. The two divisions remained in service to the land, ridding Skyrim of daedra, vampires and the like.
    One of the groups, known as Agents of Arkay, or the Forsaken Slayers have sworn fealty to the Divine Arkay. Led by an Jorgam gro-Murag, and Sionna Ruuz, these agents work in the dark to uncover the origins of a terrible enemy.

- The Story -
    This roleplay will take place within Skyrim 11 years after the events of Skyrim and the Dawnguard DLC. The dragonborn has defeated Alduin and though there is still much to be rebuilt, the civil war has ended with High Queen Elisif claiming the Jagged Crown.

However there is unease, as the vampires that were believed to have been driven out, return to wreak havoc amongst the holds. Seeking to find a permanent solution to the vampire problem, The Agents of Arkay, known by most as The Forsaken Slayers, have discovered an old tome which speaks of a ceremonial dagger blessed by Arkay, which if used to pierce the heart of Molag Bal, will cast the Daedric Prince into the farthest chasms of Oblivion, effectively ending his influence over Tamriel. In the process it is believed that all those cursed with vampirism will be destroyed.

Due to the break between factions within the Dawnguard, The Forsaken Slayers are in need of recruits, brave warriors and the like who are willing to track down this mysterious dagger in order to rid Skyrim of vampires once and for all.

- The Boring Bits... -

This roleplay will follow the mission in search of the dagger, and the subsequent conflict against the Daedric Prince Molag Bal himself. Obviously this story isn't going to be 100% Lore-friendly, but consider it poetic licence.

We're looking for five people to join up with the Agents/Forsaken. It will be a case of us choosing whatever character sheets fit in best with the story. However if for whatever reason a replacement is needed we will ask anyone who wasn't initially picked if they are still interested.

This roleplay is open to both experienced inexperienced roleplayers. The hope is that those who are new to roleplaying with be given a chance to give it a go, with players with more experience able to give encouragement and tips. Generally speaking we want this to be a really positive and friendly environment.

There will not be a posting order, nor a minimum post limit, although a paragraph or two is preferable. By all means, be CREATIVE! We want a group of diverse and fascinating characters who will likely grow and develop throughout the RP.

This RP will be rated 18+ for language and violence. Swearing and extreme violence will be allowed (it is Molag Bal we're dealing with), but try not to get too excessive as it is still a public forum.

If you have any questions feel free to leave questions below or PM either myself or Jorgam gro-Murag.

End of the day we want to have fun with this, so if you think this is up your alley leave a character sheet below :)

Cast:

Aerin - Sionna Ruuz

Mesmerize - Jorgam gro-Murag

Isara12 - Eindre

Envii - Aadvar Ren

Ovalteenies - Kristoff Avidus

Death Raider - J'Oran

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Name: Jorgam gro-Murag

Race: Orc

Class: Captain

Physical Description: A typical male orc. Muscular with a greenish-brown skin tone. He sports a short ponytail on his head and a heavy stubble on his chin. Jorgam has two battle scars. One right above his left eye, and another over his lips. Where his eyebrows should be, there is a series of small horns. Jorgam walks with an officer's posture due to his service in the legion.

Equipment: Jorgam wields his father's battle axe, Murag. Because of his talent with the forge, Jorgam has crafted his own set of Orcish armor. He refitted his brother's helmet, wearing it in memory of him.

Skill Set: Jorgam is proficient in Two-Handed weaponry, Heavy Armor, and Smithing.

Personality: Jorgam is a typical Orc. Hard to befriend, easy to anger. However, he has never double crossed any true friends, and once his trust is gained, he will follow you to Oblivion and back. He has a severe hatred towards High Elves, because it was they who killed his father in the Great War. Jorgam's mind often wanders, as thoughts of past battles and adventures with his brother come to mind.

Background: Jorgam, like his father, was a soldier in the Imperial Legion. He was known for his aggressiveness on the battlefield, and cunning war tactics. Being promoted to Tribune at age 20, making him the youngest ever to hold the title, he has been compared to even the most renowned Imperial Commanders. However, Jorgam has decided to retire from that life and spend the rest of his days adventuring the continent of Tamriel. His journeys led him to an orc stronghold in Skyrim known as Dushnik Yal, where he met his long lost brother, Magroj.

The two brothers were separated at birth, when their mother was ambushed by bandits while she was travelling back to Orsinium after visiting the Shrine of Malacath in Skyrim's western region, bringing along Margroj so he could receive a blessing. Magroj was left unharmed, as he was just a young Orc. Eventually, a passing Imperial patrol found Magroj, and delivered him to the stronghold.

The two brothers traveled Skyrim together. Doing mercenary work for the holds and drinking all night in taverns. The two never turned down, or lost, a drinking contest. One day, while the two returned from clearing a fort of some bandits just outside of Whiterun, a dragon swooped down, carrying Magroj away, never to be seen again. Jorgam, in a fit of rage, followed the dragon the best he possibly could. And when his attempts at redemption were about to prove foolish, him and four fellow travelers came across the dragon's lair.

The battle lasted for several hours. The dragon proved to be a challenging opponent, even for Jorgam. But with great strength and determination, the team slayed the dragon, leaving two of Jorgam's companions dead. Jorgam, injured after the great battle, found no sign of his brother. Except for a bloodied Orcish helmet with the red insignia of his tribe painted on the side. Jorgam currently roams Skyrim picking up jobs and eventually joining the companions and then joining Dawnguard, where he will eventually lead an elite group of vampire hunters known as the Forsaken Slayers. He never gives up hope that someday he just might find his brother.

However, now the threats in Skyrim have passed. Jorgam now roams Skyrim picking up jobs, looking for his brother and slaying any threat that stands in his way. Little does he know that there are many more adventures still to come.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Name: Eindre

Race: Bosmer

Appearance: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/117/c/5/elf_archer_by_Nawol.jpg with smaller boobs and less cleavage

Personality: She is emotionally unstable (meaning her emotions change in a flash with little provocation.) She is a little morbid and very curious, usually making her purposely set off traps.

Abilities: Very light and frail, it's nearly impossible for Eindre to set off traps. She is also naturally stealthy and an extremely good marksman. While her bow is enchanted, she has several. Her true signature item is her quiver, It resembles a glass arrow quiver , but instead of being green and gold. Its blue and silver. The quiver has the ability to duplicate arrows. So Eindre seldom runs out. She also has a nasty little ebony dagger in her boot. Shes also very well-read when it comes to alchemy, able to craft multiple potions and poisons

Backstory: Eindre was born in Silvenar, Valenwood. As a child, she was a hassle, always getting into trouble due to her insatiable curiosity. Her mother was an alchemist and her father was a hunter. While she was a hassle in her spare time, she was otherwise a good little girl. Learning alchemy with her mother or going out with her father.

When Eindre was 9, there was an archery contest. The little wood elf entered and won first place. The sponsor of the event was missing however, and Eindre started looking around. Eventually, she found the sponsor with another entrant. She watched in horror as the sponsor, who turned out to be a vampire, drained the poor boy dry. She shot and killed the vampire, and the event left a mark on her.

2 years later, word gets around fast of Eindre's heroism A traveling dawnguard member hears of her and goes to Silvenar. There, he invites the small wood elf to join the dawnguard, which she agree to. Her father, as a going away present, gives her his magical quiver. His mother gives her a small on-the-go mini alchemy set. With that, she sets off to become the youngest dawnguard member ever. From then on her life is rather simple. Join the dawnguard, help find Auriels bow, sides with the forsaken slayers, and has been there ever since

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Hm perhaps. Would your character still e a part of our group? It could prove to cause some very interesting relationships between members of the group

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Will this be a fast paced RP, like everyone could just post whenever they want to and with a limitless amount?

Envii

Race-Nord
    gender-Male
    Height-6'
    age- 20

Appearance-Tall striking figure with a powerfully built frame. Aadvar has an ideal physique and has always prided himself on being extremely physically capable. Has long blonde hair and blue eyes, also has a sccar running down the right side of his older brother who used to bully him as a child

History-Aadvar grew up on a farm in the tundra outside of whiterun. it is a hard land to farm and he is no stranger to the hardships of life. Every day working on the farm Aadvar longed for something...more. he knew that there was adventure out there and that he was wasting his life by not going out to find it. He knows of dark places outside the village far away from the light and warmth. He knows that deep down in these places is the adventure he seeks....He also knows that this is not the only power residing in these places. Despite what he knows is right something inside of Aadvar is drawn to these dark powers, calling him ever closer to the dark path.

Combat- Aadvar is a farm boy and has no real combat experience. He is a strong nord and very strong but has no actual training.

Asdvar heard that the forsaken slayers were recruiting and knew that this was his chance for adventure!

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    AM I accepted? :D

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Well I'd like to join but my time is limited so I'll only be able to check in for a few every now and then. RPs I've been in the past just bolt pass by me; let's say the last time I posted, everyone's in camp, then before I know it everyone else is killing some dragon in a far away place.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Well I'd like to join but my time is limited so I'll only be able to check in for a few every now and then. RPs I've been in the past just bolt pass by me; let's say the last time I posted, everyone's in camp, then before I know it everyone else is killing some dragon in a far away place.

Well I'm hoping it won't be too fast paced, I'd like us to take time. Plus with people in different time zones there's bound to be times when posting is slow. You should be okay.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Name: Kristoff Avidius
    Race: Imperial
    Appearance: 5'8" in height. Dark brown medium length hair, parted left to right and unkempt lower portion. Brown eyes. Scar on right corner of his mouth. Slightly muscular above the average build of a fighting man.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Skills: One Handed, Restoration, Alteration
    Class: Witchhunter

Weapons:
    • "Daedra Hunter": Silver whip blessed by Stendarr; 5-feet long whip with small interlocking silver chains connected to a crystal-shaped silver piece at its tip. Capable of banishing weaker forms of daedra.
    • "Soul Healer": Silver dagger blessed by Meridia; frees trapped souls of the righteous bound on their undead bodies, releases a faint yellow light on the markings engraved on the blade when undead are near.
    • set of silver throwing knives.

Apparel:
    • Brown trench coat reinforced with bits of steel; shoulder plates resembling a vampire lord and dremora on each side, chest plates, and hip protector.
    • Medium-class civilian inner clothing.
    • Leather gauntlets.
    • Leather bandolier with knife holsters.
    • Leather hip belt with side pouch and whip holster.
    • Witch hunter hat with werewolf buckle.
    • Ring of Sunfire

Abilities:
    • Cure Disease
    • Repel Lesser Undead
    • Steadfast Ward
    • Close Wounds
    • Heal Other
    • Stoneflesh
    • Water Breathing
    • Water Walking
    • Feather

Misc:
    • Kristoff, being raised in a monastery, holds a person's life the dearest and detests any element that may bring harm to it, be it as an understandable threat such as evil entities or as a small maintainable activity such as partaking of alcohol.
    • Former member of the Order of the Virtuous Blood in Cyrodiil and former Vigilant of Stendarr in Skryrim. Now a wandering witchhunter and no longer bound by standards of factions, Kristoff's takes motivation from doing things for the greater good.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Just for reference here's Sionna:

Name - Sionna Ruuz

Age- 27

Gender - Female

Race - Redguard

Alignment - Lawful Good

Appearance - Sionna is particularly short for her race, only coming to 5'2". She has a strong body as a result of years of training from an early age. She has dark brown hair which reaches her lower back with feathers weaved in for her decoration as is custom amongst her clan.

8158024833_cbb49a11be.jpg

~ credit to Rainfeatherpearl

Equipment - Two Scimitars passed down to her by her mother and a handcrafted hunter's bow she made when she was ten. Leather boots with the traditional Hammerfell garb, including cape.

Personality - Sionna has a strong moral compass and will not hesitate to criticise those who do wrong in her eyes. Brought up to value rules and just actions she can often be thought of as judgemental. Though she is physically strong she is not as mentally and emotionally resilient as she would like people to think. She can be naive and often has a world view which can be ignorant as she has had little life experience away from her family. She believes everyone has some good in them, but recognises true evil and seeks to destroy it. Due to her families beliefs she has a fear and dislike for most conjuration and illusion mages.

She is deeply religious, following the traditional Redguard belief system. However she is rarely open with her beliefs as she does not wish to attract unwanted attention from those who might fear or judge her for it.

Skills - One-handed, Block, Archery, Light Armour, Smithing

Backstory - Sionna comes from a family and community which value honour and skill in battle above all else. Descended from a long line of warrior which date back to the time of the Forebears, Rna is proud of her heritage. As a small child she enjoyed spending hours training with her mother who raised her and her three brothers by herself. When she was a young girl her father left with a group of scouts to investigate a threat from the Forsworn. He and the scouts never returned and left Sionna mother as Clan Matriarch and single mother to four. As such Sionna has been determined to use her pilgrimage to find out exactly what happened to her father's scouting team.

As part of her clan's rites, at age 18 Sionna left home on her pilgrimage, a journey which will only end once Rona returns home by choice. As part of the rite she must bring back something of worth, either a new member for their clan, or information, weapons, etc, which would prove beneficial or the clans survival. However during her travels she was attacked by vampires, escaping with her life but only just. After that she heard rumours of a group who fought against the children of Molag Bal and she travelled to the Dawnguard fortress where she fought alongside the dragonborn in defeating Lord Harkon.

She also has an uncontrollable fear of frostbite spiders which she is ashamed to admit to. When faced with the creatures she tends to stick to the rule of "kill it. kill it with fire." It is the only time she will rely on magic, focussing her panic and fear on sending as many bolts of fire at the spider as she can.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Great character cards by the way. We're going to wait a bit longer just to get a good idea of applicants and then we'll list who is in once we have enough players. But seriously, really good cc's.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Yeah I agree. A real colorful cast. A bipolar assassin, a vampiric farmboy, a drunken orc, an arachnophob, and the only normal guy here is a witch hunter! :D

I have a feeling this is going to be fun, lol

AS88

Staff member
    I'd post a CC, but having not played Dawnguard yet, I wanna see what happens so I get the story.

I will still post a CC though in the next few days, and catch up ASAP :p

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Well we love all your character sheets so you're all accepted (AS88, you're in too.)

I'll be getting the first post up later this evening and will post a link here once that's taken care of.