Open The Arena: Gladiators of Tamriel

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

solace84

God of the Arena
    Felian noticed the success of the others and smiled. He thought of his family as he looked up at the bright sky, feeling the warmth of the sun. The crowd continued cheering as the three exited the Arena and back into the cell block.
    "Well done," Felian said as they went down the ramp.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

OOC: When should his Highness attempt to break them out?

solace84

God of the Arena
    (OOC: when the crow flies east)

A cloaked man came to Felian later in the day and handed him a bag full of some coin.
    "For your victory, wood elf," the man said.
    "And what could a slave possibly buy with coin?" Felian asked.
    "There are many things," said the man. "The whores will come buy in the nightfall as ordered by Titus Mede III. Also, wine if it is desired."
    "And if I do not desire such things?"
    "Then maybe your fellows would."
    Felian thought and then agreed.
    "Fetch wine then" Felian said as he handed him back the coins. "These people deserve a party."

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

OOC: Kay. Crows and Ravens are an omen of death... Exacutions are dignified in giving death. So he means to stop an exacution? I think I solved it.

solace84

God of the Arena
    OOC: Kay. Crows and Ravens are an omen of death... Exacutions are dignified in giving death. So he means to stop an exacution? I think I solved it.

(OOC: lol, I didn't mean anything by it. I was just fooling around. If you want to do an escape mission though, then maybe you should and only get Felyse freed, since the guy playing her is gone 4 three weeks. By the way, I have no more plans for this story, everything from here on out is completely random)

solace84

God of the Arena
    IC:

The Dominus came in and put up tomorrow's fight sheet. "If you fought today, you need not tomorrow."
    The cloaked man came in shortly after the Dominus had left, and gave out wine to those that ordered it. Felian took his and gave it to everyone around him, saving one glass for himself.
    'If these men are to die, at least they can have one last good night' Felian thought.

C

Christopher Aurea Shuzen

OOC: Than my role here is concluded until further notice.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    OOC: Ok i've read most of chapter 3 and I know enough to know whats going on, where can i post my character card? And sorry it took me so long, I have issues with paying attention while reading lol.

solace84

God of the Arena
    IC:

Many slaves get drunk as the night presses on. It is almost as if they forgot that they are fighting for their lives. Felian sits in a corner, thinking of how long he and the others could last. 'It might be impossible to survive the 40 days of games', he thought. 'We have to escape. But how?' He thinks long and hard that night. The sun rises on the next day before he knows it. The games are about to resume...

Zij'Qua El

Historical Archivist and Aspiring Writer
    The argonian did not celebrate. He was too busy tending to his burns. He was crisp and it did not feel good. From the end of the battle to the next day he laid in the coolest corner he could find, his grip on Primordius never letting go.
    "Another battle... Hope I am free from fighting."

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Character name: Jeroo-Shei
    Race: Argonian
    Sub-Race: Vampire Lord
    Class: Plague Rogue (Assassin & Necromancer)
    Looks: Dark brown scaly skin. Small unnoticeable fangs hanging from his upper lip. A couple of small Straight horns on his head (small enough to be hidden by a hood). Creepy snake like reptilian eyes with maroon vertical pupils and light blue surrounding the pupils. Scar across his left eye. Many scars on his back from being whipped as a slave (hidden by his clothes). Bright red war paint streak coming down his right eye, purple streak of war paint down his left.
    Personality: Unpredictable, Sick and Twisted, Hateful towards the Dunmer for being enslaved in his mortal life.
    Equipment: Unique Black Vampire Armor with a hood and cloak. Vampire Boots. Fingerless Chainmail Gauntlets. Ebony War Axe, Daedric Dagger, Crossbow with Ebony Arrows.
    Combat Prefs: Uses his undead minion "The Slasher" as a distraction to draw off enemies while he stealthily shoots at the enemies with his crossbow or kills them sneaky with the dagger. If it has come to a situation where its an upfront battle he uses an Ebony war axe.
    Main Skills: Sneak, Illusion, Conjuration (Necromancy only), One-Handed, Light Armor, Alchemy
    Bio: In the 2nd Era he was one of the many Argonian slaves to the Dunmer in Morrowind. He is technically a shadowscale but was tooken away before he could actually be useful to the Dark Brotherhood. While not being abused by his masters he observed the cultural Necromancy in Morrowind. It fascinated him and he began to study it in secrecy so the Dark Elves wouldn't find out that he was doing something other than their work. He stole the spell tomes in the house and read them when they were asleep, peeked in on them resurrecting their ancestors, and many other acts of secretive interest. He got so interested in Necromancy that one night he decided to escape the home of his masters using his shadowscale instincts and while walking around in the volcanic fields of morrowind he found a vampire wandering around and asked the vampire to bite him. The vampire broke a fang trying to pierce Jeroo's rough, scaly skin but it worked and he contracted sanguinare vampiris. When his transformation was complete he went back to the house of his masters and killed them all with his new vampiric abilities. But the guards in Morrowind found out and ran him out of the province and he fled to Skyrim. He has been there ever since, blending in with the inhabitants, not being seen, and still practicing necromancy in tombs. He created an undead abomination which he named "The Slasher" by fusing 2 draugr corpses and 2 skeletons together that serves under him. He can dismiss it to the Soul Cairn and conjure it to Nirn at his will. Although being a cold blooded argonian vampire that is vunerable to the sun, the only source of warmth for a cold blooded reptile, Jeroo feeds more than the average vampire, off of warm blooded humans and elves, and even khajiit.
    OOC: Ok there's my character's chard if you want it.
    IC: Jeroo woke up in a cell, hands tied together and on the ground. He looked around and mumbled to himself, "Huh, this looks like an arena. I wonder why i'm in a cell though, I thought people volunteered for these things. Oh well, this isn't the first time I've been imprisoned with my hands tied..."

solace84

God of the Arena
    Dalious Durendail's match had come up. He walked through the red side underpass, smelling of whores and cheap whine. He stumbled here and there, then a guard called to him, "Dalious, you're up now!"
    "I'm coming, I'm coming," the champion had trouble staggering through the other warriors.
    "Dalious," one orc gladiator called to him. "You look unwell, should I take this fight for you?"
    "Piss off," Dalious blurted making his way to the ramp. "You think you can be me? Nobody even likes you Orc."
    The gates opened up and Dalious walked out to the cheering crowd, both hands high in the air wielding a blade in each. Dalious smiles to his fans, then looks across the arena and sees no one. 'Huh?' the champion thinks.
    Then the voice calls out: "Ladies and gentleman, for your viewing pleasure we give you Dalious Durendail, champion of the people. And who shall he face? None other than..."
    The larger gates toward the center of the Arena open up and reveal his enemies.
    "Three savage trolls!"
    The three trolls charge in toward Dalious.
    "Son of a..." Dalious quickly moves out of the way of one that dove for him.
    Another troll swings furiously, as Dalious ducks and then slices off one of its' legs. Another lunges, but is met with a blade to the face. The third smashes Dalious half way across the Arena. He gets up slowly, as the troll kicks him away from his swords. The troll lifts him into the air, but Dalious sticks his thumbs into the beasts' eyes, causing it to drop him. As he hits the ground, he immediately rolls and swoops up his swords. He sticks them into the beast repeadedly until it falls; dead. Only one remains now, the one crawling with a severed leg. Dalious walks up to the troll and slices its' head off.
    The crowd cheers.
    "I'm never drinking again," Dalious mutters to himself.

Star Gazer

Isnar woke up the next day. He had not drunk any wine the night before "Drinking dulls the fear, but also dulls the senses." He thought. He heard that booming voice again. He had watched the fight before him, which involved a very tough looking champion, and three angry trolls. "Ladies and gentlemen!" The crowd cheered. "We have a special match coming up! A champion versus a criminal!" The crows cheered yet again. Isnar felt woozy as he had just woken up minutes before. "Behold the prisoner! The dead-beat murderer! Isnar the Old!" This woke Isnar up immediately. He did not want to fight! He also was not a criminal! The gates opened. Isnar waited about ten seconds before heading out, with his shiv still inside his rough-skin tunic. The crowd booed as he came out. Food was thrown, but since the arena was so large, none of the things they threw at him came anywhere close. "Behold the champion!!! The eradicator of the wicked! Bol-Argon!" A large orc stepped out. He was holding a large orcish greatsword, while sprinting out of the gate, as soon as it was opened. "I'll kill you! You whelp!!!" The orc screamed. He sprinted from side to side. "That should wear him out quickly." Isnar thought as he watched the large orc run up and down. Isnar refused to take out his weapon, because he remembered something he had said earlier. "Underestimation is my best weapon." He smiled as he raised his one hand into a fist. The crowd let out a long laugh, seeing a one armed old man, without a weapon, taking on this beast of an orc, with a huge greatsword. The orc screamed, while he charged at Isnar. He swung at the old man's side, but he ducked under it, leaning to one side. The orc yelled, trying to scare Isnar away, but he stood firm. The orc tried a downward chop, as Isnar sidestepped and slapped the orc in the back of the neck. Again, the crowd laughed, but not at him this time! "We could have some fun with this!" Isnar thought, trying to stay calm, and not get chopped in half. The orc charged and sliced diagonally, making sure Isnar could not duck, or sidestep away from it. Isnar stepped back, and walked away, with his back to the large orc. The crowd's laughter only increased the orc's rage! Isnar reached into his tunic, as he heard the huge orc scream as he charged at him. The old man hopped horizontally, as the large greatsword was chopped into the sand, to the left of him. The orc tried to raise his sword, to attack again, but Isnar stepped on it. The orc was too tired to lift it, with the old man standing on it. Isnar pulled out his shiv, and with one motion, stabbed the orc in the forehead. The crowd was silent. The stab was quick, and anti-climactic. Isnar pulled out his trusty toothpick of a weapon and headed back for the gate. Once the audience realized what had just happened, they cheered uncontrollably. As Isnar stepped back into his living quarters, the gate closed behind him.