• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    Harrold heard commotion, and a screaming Khajit. He unsheathed Heartsbane, and saw the wolves. He had hoped for a challenge, but Heartsbane could use some blood anyways. He hooted two wolves toward him, and one snapped at him. Harrold met the teeth with his blade, almost cutting the animal's skull in half. The other wolf was bigger, but slower. When the beast sprang up, Harrold stepped back and aimed Heartsbane at the vulnerable belly.

Skyrimosity

Edelion awoke to some screams in the night and immediately assumed the Thalmor had ambushed them under the cover of darkness. He picked up his sword and shield and charged outside where he expected to see Elven armor clashing with blades. Instead, he sees wolves attacking the camp. He let out a laugh, saying "Is that what all the commotion is about? Measly mangy wolves?" Just then a wolf charged Edelion, teeth glaring. Edelion had killed much worse than wolves, so he charged back at the beast and drove his sword into its skull, immediately killing it. "Haha, we shall eat wolf for a weak! Praise Talos for this blessing!"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The wolf threat was quickly over with, and Alistar sat back beside the fire. Watching as the wood blackened and charred, the flames like bright strips of red and orange cloth blowing in the wind. They were in a large clearing in the forest, a plain which stretched for a few miles lengthwise. Alistar looked up at Secunda, currently a waning crescent. The smallest of Nirn's two moons. Secunda was the bloodmoon, which when full, Alistar's beast within, the Werwolf, could easily take over. The hunger was always inside him, the wolf was always tearing at him from the inside, trying to get out. Melee knew, the truth came out on their last adventure. Looking up at the scars and craters of the glowing, pale-white crescent moon, Alistar decided that he didn't want this, he didn't want to hunt for eternity in the afterlife. He wanted to go to Sovngarde, he wanted to cross the bridge of bones and live out eternity within the Hall of Valor.

"Melee, I can't live like this anymore." He said lowly, it was the truth, so many innocent people had died at his hand. It was the right thing to do by getting rid of his curse.

blue 468

Arannir awoke to the sound of wolves howling but by the time he grabbed his bow they were already dead

J'Ghasta snorted "First a khajit ambush and now wolves, something does not like us." With that he crawled into his tent, "This one is tired, good night."

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Skyrimosity

Edelion awoke in the morning, feeling well rested after his laugh in the middle of the night at the fright the other soldiers showed at the sight of wolves. If wolves scare them, wonder how they'll fare against well-trained Thalmor. He shouted loudly "Get up or get left behind! We need to get moving NOW." The sun had barely begun to rise but the sooner they left, the better.

Star Gazer

Isnar was sitting on his mat, he neatly set out the night before. "Wolves... I've had a few run-ins with wolves. But not the kind we just saw. Some men say that they have seen men turn into those beasts, that their blood connects with that of the beast's, either under command, or under a bloodmoon. I've seen one of them once. Almost felt bad for the thing before it tried to rip out my windpipe. The thing about werewolves is, they think they have their beast-like power under control. But once the fire in their heart begins, it cannot stop until they have fed on human flesh. They will kill anybody that they see. Some say it is because of anger, some say because of sadness. I pity them really, never really knowing who you are, man or beast. Isnar stopped for a few seconds to catch his breath and let his words sink in. "If you were afraid of a couple of these mangy dogs, wait until you see one of the beast-men.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar avoided looking at Isnar as he spoke, instead his gaze set upon the dimming light of Secunda, fading from a fading night sky. Behind him, the sun was beginning to break through the horizon, casting a thin line of gold and orange across the distant mountain range. Alistar swallowed, he loathed his curse, all the pain and suffering it had caused was racking the ranger with guilt and self-pity. At his sides, his fists balled, his thoughts turning to anger, he was furious with himself. You've killed, taken the lives of innocent men and women. He thought to himself, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, he exhaled, breathing out the thoughts. The pain, the misery and strife. He was calm now, he had to think, he had to move. Somebody tossed him a green apple which he caught, nodding in thanks before biting down on the fruit and holding it with his teeth while packing up.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Gazing into the night sky, Melee tossed around what Alistar had mentioned in her head. She remembered the first time she had seen him transformed into a werewolf, during one of the Falmer fights. She initially had been shocked, but that had probably been exaggerated by the adrenaline rush from the fight around her.

She shook her head slightly, looking back toward Alistar. "I can't imagine what that must feel like, having a beast inside of you. But you're strong. I know you can handle it, although it must be difficult. And you know I'll help you any way I can." Melee nodded to Alistar as she stood up and stretched her arms over her head and toward the night sky. "I'm turning in for the evening." With that, she entered her tent and promptly fell asleep as soon as her head hit the measly pillow on her bed roll.

When morning came, Melee awoke to a small ray of sunlight shining through the gap between her tent flaps. She sat up and rubbed her eyes with one hand while feeling her unruly hair with the other. After a few futile attempts at pressing it down, she crawled out of her tent, catching the majority of the old man's discussion about werewolves. It made the hair on the back of her neck prickle uncomfortably, knowing Alistar's situation. She looked around at everyone packing up and began doing the same, tying the tent and bed roll up in a tidy roll. Making sure her bow and quiver of arrows were securely located on her back, she tossed her roll back into the cargo carriage. "Let's get going. I'm sure we have a lot of ground to cover yet."

Star Gazer

The group agreed and set forth with the caravan. While walking, Isnar reached into his cloak and pulled out a small blade. "You know the werewolves? They are real. Back in my 30's I was an animal exterminator, it was east money. The complaints were usually varying from trolls to bears, but sometimes, we got letters from out west, near Markarth. They were having trouble with some wolfmen." Isnar felt his blind eye, the left one. He had lost it from one of the werewolves, and he has hated them wholeheartedly, ever since. "After that, I spent my time hunting down the beasts. I had figured out their weakness when one of them attacked me at my camp, during dinner. I was completely weaponless, except for a silver fork. It pinned me to the ground, and was going for my neck, but I went for his neck with that fork. After I realised that silver was the only thing I could use to exterminate the last of them, I gathered all of my silver utensils and mined a little bit of it. That stuff is extremely hard to find, by the way. I did not have much of the silver, but I made a small dagger out of it." Isnar held up the blade. It was bigger than a dagger, but smaller than a sword. It had an iron handle, with leather coiled around it. It had been sharpened many times, and was extremely battle-damaged. "This little blade has probably killed more than 20 werewolves." Isnar said, ending the conversation.

Sal the dragontamer

The best dragon-tamer there is!
    Gunjar was walking behind the caravan.......again.He had no interest in the topic of werewolves and felt embarresed that he had been frightened by regualr wolves.He was behind the last caravan and was walking slowly.Although his armor had saved his leg last night it was still sore.He did not want to convey even the smallest weakness to this group.

As Gunjar walked he was thinking about everything leading up to now as he had nothing better to do.He thought about his childhood the starting of the war between the Stormcloaks and Imperials and how the incident as a young adult had drove him to become a Stormcloak.As he was thinking his paced quickened.He was still thinking when he ran into Insar.He easily outweighed the man and he lost his balance so both men fell to the dirt.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    R'hage was distant from the group when the wolves attacked. Only 2 wolves atacked R'hage, they gave him a few bite marks, but R'hage quickly dispatched them. R'hage then continued what he was doing. He was collecting ingredients for some stew. He found a sleeping rabbit, And killed it. He then took the Raw huanch and mixed with the herbs and spices in his bowl. He walked towards the group and asked. "Does anyone have a cooking pot?"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar's eyes narrowed, his back was to Isnar as the group walked but he could hear him clearly. "This little blade has probably killed more than 20 werewolves." Alistar's heart skipped a beat, he was in the company of men that would strike him down without hesitation. He kept his eyes toward the horizon as the group walked, the scenery before them would leave many awestruck by nature's beauty. Shining rays of gold and amber cutting through the shadows, the sun a burning tear in the sky cresting the horizon. However, Alistar was no stranger to views such as this, he saw many akin everyday as a ranger.

The sounds of a scuffle behind him made him turn around, he found himself looking at Isnar and Gunjar sprawled across the ground in a tangle of limbs. "You two alright?" He said with dubious eyes.

blue 468

All of this talk of Werewolves was making Arannir remember when a werewolf attacked a village in Valenwood. Arannir tried to kill it but it was to strong the beast gave him three claw marks on his left cheek. Arannir was knocked out and when he awoke everyone in the village was dead. Arannir tried to push those memories away and continued to walk with the rest.

Star Gazer

Isnar stood up, dusted himself up, and extended a hand to Gunjar. "You alright friend?" Isnar asked.

J'Ghasta felt the talk of werewolves was irrelevant to the task at hand and so ignored it, he walked up to were Edelion was walking, "So how long until we reach this Ivarstead?"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sal the dragontamer

The best dragon-tamer there is!
    Gunjar grabbed insar hands and said to both Alistar and Insar "Yeah Im fine.I was just a bit..........distracted.".Before anyone could ask he turned around and started walking towards the last wagon in the caravan.

Skyrimosity

Edelion had been tiring of this talk of werewolves. It was, after all, daytime and werewolves only came out at night. He was relieved when J'Ghasta asked him how long until we reach Rorikstead, replying. "Well, assuming we spend more time walking than talking, I would guess about another 2 days. Maybe a day and a half if we hurry."

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Edelion, look." Said Alistar as the group reached the peak of a small hill, the ranger crouched before a landscape ravaged by battle. Corpses were strewn across ashen wastes, the carcasses of horses and the wrecks of chariots accompanying the slain soldiers. Smoke was still rising from freshly settled ashes and soot, this had been the sight of a vicious skirmish. "Looks like the Thalmor army passing through to Solitude met resistance." Remarked Alistar, the air reeked of death, and the ranger pulled the collar of his shirt over his nose as he cautiously approached a sun-baked corpse. An Imperial Legionary, young, low in rank. He was wearing studded leather Imperial armor, standard issue for Legionaries.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee stopped beside Alistar, taking in the scene around. The utter destruction and violence she observed was almost as unbearable as the stench rising from the ground below. Pulling a small scarf out of the satchel tied loosely around her waist, Melee tied it around her head so that it covered her mouth and nose, offering a little relief from the overwhelming smell.

She looked back at the group, and then focused her attention on Edelion. "So, what do we do? Keep pressing on through this, or perhaps find a different route?"

Waiting for Edelion's reply as well as other ideas for the next course of action should be, Melee looked out onto the horizon. She was lost in her own thoughts, something which happened often, and her bright green eyes seemed to cloud over, as if with fog. She was tired of all the talk having been centered around werewolves, and the incessant conversation had made her slightly irritable. Why should they converse about werewolves? Why not get to know each other? Surely that would make the practically non-existant bond between the group develop into something stronger?

Melee's mind snapped back to reality, and she shook her head. She felt she wouldn't trust many of her companions. So far they had not really given her a reason to. And the group just felt so different from the one she had traveled with during the Falmer incident. Even from the beginning, they had worked like a well oiled machine, growing close and creating inseparable bonds.

But these men..

She knew she had only been with them for a few days, but Melee could already see that these men were not used to working as part of a group. They're only a group of individuals. They are not a team. She hoped that over the course of their mission, everyone would grow closer and work better.