• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "We've got but no other choice." Alistar said, scoping out the area. The stone road winded right through the thick of the carnage. "There's noway we could get these carriages through the trees." He was right, on either side of the road were open plains for about a kilometer out before turning into tall, ancient trees. "Keep on guard, be wary of scavengers and looters." Alistar said with finality as he took point of the caravan, as they trekked further into the battle-site, the scene became more gruesome and heinous. Bodies torn to bits and charred by bolts of lightning, the maggot infested corpses of men and mer cut down by blades. It rekindled the hatred for the Aldmeri Dominion within Alistar, he felt the burning sensation of anger creeping into his mind, coursing through his veins. He was recounting what had happened to his guild, but it was more than just a guild, it was his family, his home, where he belonged.

Sal the dragontamer

The best dragon-tamer there is!
    Gunjar,being in the back of the group was the last to enter the gruesome scene .He saw the bodies of Imperial men and the bodies of Thalmer sharing the same ground.Bloodied sword and smashed,burnt shields laid at many a mans side.These men had put up a good fight but alas they all fell in the line of duty.

The group walked through the scene which seemed to go on forever.Suddenly a something reflected sunlight into Gunjars eyes.He blinked and looked in that direction.He thought he saw something familiar and strayed off the path to that area.When he got there he saw a body wearing a undamaged amulet.Gunjar studied the amulet and gasped.He pulled an amulet out from under his armour and compared them.They were identical!

GUnjar broke down and sobbed.He knew this burnt body,for it was his brother Ragmar.

J'Ghasta saw Gunjar crying by one of the bodies, "You know this one,
    Gunjar?"

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

blue 468

Arannir saw J'Ghasta and Gunjar by a body and decided to see what was wrong and walked over

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar stood along the road and watched Gunjar mourn from afar, he pulled his cloak tighter around him, keeping his face shielded from the wind with his hood. The sky was becoming bloated with grey clouds, in the distance, along the horizon, lightning struck. Bright, jagged blades of blue and white lashing out against distant trees. "...help..." The voice was faint, hardly audible, but he could hear it. Alistar turned to his right, reaching out to him with a bloody and pale hand was an Aldmeri soldier. He must've been here for a few days, his leg was ravaged with infection, and his skin was deathly pale. Alistar approached the Elf, who broke into a fit of coughing. "Speak, give us reason to help you." Alistar said, the hatred for the Thalmor still burning in his heart.

The Elf looked up at him, and smiled, revealing bloody teeth. "You're one of those petty Rangers." He said whilst snickering, before breaking into a fit of coughing. Alistar's brow furrowed and he kicked the Elf so that he lay on his back, with his boot planted firmly on his chest Alistar drew his sword and held it against his throat. The Elf groaned with pain, before continuing in a hoarse voice. "I was there you know, when we marched on one of your hidey-holes, Strider." And with that Alistar sliced open the Elf's throat in a gust of blood. He began choking, coughing and spitting up a mix of blood and bile as he passed.

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
    Garashbur had been traveling for days. His troll armor was not weighing him down as much as it used to. He must be getting used to it. It had been on him for three years, and had crude carvings of smily faces and a few letters. He had crossed a field two days before, when a fight broke out all around him. Swords slashing this way and that. Arrows flying through the air. He had fought his way through both imperials and elves. He had been watching the field for the past day. A group of travelers had come across the war sight. He saw a man huddled over a thalmor soldier. The man cut the elf's throat. Garashbur crept behind him. "Dragon vine... you smell like dragon vine... why you kill elf? He need help!" The armored troll said. He had been taught to talk before he had been abandoned by the Dawn-Guard.

Sal the dragontamer

Gunjar looked up at J'Ghasta and said "He is.....was my brother.".Gunjar ground his teeth together and stood up.He stood there shaking for a moment before he let out a yell at the top of his lungs.He drew his sword and found the nearest Thalmer who just so happened to be barely alive.He had a sword slash on his chest and was bleeding out.

Gunjar picked him up by his collar,the Elf was barely breathing.Gunjar picked him up a little higher then threw him to the ground.The High Elf let out a small grunt and started breathing labored breaths.Gunjar started kicking him yelling "You fiends took my fiancee,you took my father.my mother and now my brother!".Gunjar had been kicking him the whole time but stopped now.The Elf looked up and smiled a toothy grin.Gunjar screamed agin,picked up the Elf and ran him through with his sword.He withdrew his sword and let the Elf fall over dead.Gunajar stood there a while longer before collapsing to his hands and knees again in greif.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    R'hage was was right behind Gunjar. R'hage once lost a brother in a conflivt south of his stronghold. His killer was a member of the undead. He was around 6 ft tall with dark red eyes. he wore all black robes/gloves,boots/hood. The Vampire killed 3 Orc guards and fed on R'hage's brother. He then left away on an all black horse. R'hage focused back on the present. He put his hand on Gunjar's shoulder, and spoke. " Your brother rest in the valley of heros/kings. He leads men to fight against the demons who was to infect Tamriel. I'm sure he fought valiantly and true. He was against an impossible Foe. The Aldmeri will kill many others if we don't stop them. Don't be depressed by his death, simply remember him, shout his name as a battle cry. Fight for the brothers and sisters of skyrim. Fight for freedom. Fight for Victory. Fight for justice.Fight for your Kin. Fight for.... your brother." R'hage then took a step back, letting his words settle. He then drew a fine Orcish dagger handing it to Gunjar. " For when you get disarmed in battle. It happens from time to time, a good secondary can save your life. It's easy just strap it too your boot." R'hage looked at the blade. It was inscribed with Orcish letters and symbols. He remembered his uncle giving him this blade when R'hage was young. The next day he was killed in battle. He looked at the blade and translated the writing in his head " Remembrance....Her name is Remembrance" said R'hage looking at Gunjar, arm extended holding Gunjar's gift.

Garashbur

The Armored Troll
    Garashbur headed over to Gunjar. The armored troll extended a friendly hand, and wanted to aid him in his quest. Gunjar slapped it away! "Get out of here you monster! Can't you see we don't need help from a beast?!" Garashbur was hurt. All he wanted to do was help. He cried a tear or two before extending his hand again. "No! We will not be aided by a monster!" He slapped Garashbur's hand away. The armored troll ran off into the forest. "Garashbur not monster!" Were the last words they had heard from him, before he disappeared into the thick woods.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Walking through the fields littered with countless dead bodies, Melee could not help but feel grief when she saw the dead Thalmor soldiers. Despite what they had done to her when she was younger, every High Elf she saw reminded her of friends and family back home.

Melee threw a few glances over her shoulder, making sure everyone was paying more attention to the grieving man than her. She knelt down next to a High Elf who looked remarkably similar to a very close friend she had back in Dusk, but she knew it wasn't him. The eyes were the only real difference, staring into the empty void with blankly and with deathly coldness.

Bowing her head solemnly, Melee gently passed her hand over the Elf's eyes, closing them as she went. Standing back up, she kept her head bowed as a few thoughts (almost like a prayer, she decided) ran through her mind. I have never been a religious person. But I hope that wherever your soul is going, it gets there safely, and is greeted with the warmest of welcomes.

Readjusting the scarf over her nose and mouth, Melee turned and in just a few strides was standing just outside of the small circle of companions around Gunjar. "We need to leave this place. It will only perpetuate any grieving or ill feelings we are harboring. We have to move, now." Upon saying this, Melee pulled her hood over her short purple hair and walked back toward the caravans.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar sheathed his sword with a scowl adorning his face, he felt no pity for the dead Thalmor soldier laying in the mud before him, this man had been partly responsible for the death of his family, the only home he's ever known. He turned, making his way back to the caravan. He wanted to be gone from this place, these were hallowed grounds. Melee had read his mind when she spoke of leaving, he nodded and added on "Yes, we should go. Storm's coming." Behind him, a bolt of lightning ripped across the sky, far along the horizon. Followed quickly by a roll of thunder.

Sal the dragontamer

Gunjar placed his hand on the dagger and took it.He then looked at R'hage and said "Thank you.".Gunjar slipped the dagger between his sword belt and his right hip.Gunjar got up,wiped his eyes,and looked at the sky "Your right Alistar ,looks bad up there.You guys go on ahead I will catch up, there's something i have to do first.".Gunjar looked into Alistar's eyes,silently pleading that who wouldn't ask and just go.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Alright..." Alistar said, looking at Gunjar with concerned and quizzical eyes. He turned, taking point in the caravan. "Let's move!" Alistar shouted, so that everybody could hear him. The group continued moving along the stone road, occasionally Alistar and Edelion would have to move bodies obstructing their path but it wasn't long before the scene was behind them.

Sal the dragontamer

Gunjar waited until the last person in the group was gone to turn around.He knelt down next to his brother and started whispering a chant known to his family since his great grandfather,and probably before then.Once the chant was over Gunjar went to the woods and picked up alot of dead sticks.He picked his brothers slightly burnt and lifeless body and placed the pile of sticks.He then placed the body on to the pile.

Gunjar took out some flint and steel and lit the make-shift pyre.Gunjar stood there a little while longer to watch it burn the turned and jogged down the trail tears streaming down his face.Gunjar eventually caught up with the caravan and by then he had stopped crying.Gunjar walked up to Alistar and said "Well im back now,how far do you think we have until we reach Ivarstead?"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (Wait, are we going to Ivarstead or Rorikstead?)

"We should be there by evening tomorrow." Again, Alistar looked at Gunjar with cautious eyes, curious of what he was doing. His eyes flicked back to the storm, brewing behind them, beginning to catch up. The group was beginning to transfer from Haafinger and into the hold of Whiterun. Wide, open plains were stretched out before them, in the distance, the Throat of the World towered above of Skyrim, the largest mountain in all of Tamriel. Clouds swirling around it's impenetrable hull of metal, rock and ice. "I made the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar in my youth, it's a humbling experience, an experience all should have."

"This one doesn't like the look of that storm, it will slow us down considerably."

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Skyrimosity

Edelion looked at the field of bodies. "We keep moving." My dear Imperial brothers... dead. Soldiers... like me. Fighting for the Empire... like me. Perhaps they had families... unlike me. Edelion bowed his head and prayed aloud. "Merciful Talos, as I look upon these poor souls, I pray that you help their families to bounce back from the death of their loved ones and that you help my division to glory. For your name I fight, oh Great Talos." And the prayer was over. He looked at The Throat of the World, so tall. "Alright everyone, 2 days to Ivarstead from here. We can't keep slacking off. This is a war. People will die. We must remember who started this war. The Aldmeri Dominion. And we must keep in mind, that the reason we fight..." Edelion outstretches his hands "is to protect our loved ones and for the memory of those who die fighting for their loved ones. We fight more than for honor, glory, gold, and other loot. We now fight for our families..." not that I have a family "and we fight for the families of these people. Now, let us get moving. Anyone with enough strength to lift a body, you're in front with me. I dare say, we must move the bodies from the path of the Caravan." And then they were moving again.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (Let's stop at Rorikstead, we should get to know each other better at the inn.)

It wasn't long before the storm had caught up with the caravan, the wind tore at the group as rain whipped at the wooden hull of the carts. Alistar pulled his soaking cloak tighter around him, and approached Edelion. "We're not far from Rorikstead! We can make it!" Lightning cracked, a searing hot dagger tearing across a black sky. Following was a ferocious roll of thunder. The group made haste to the distant lights of Rorikstead, and soon the drenched caravan pulled up to the Frostfruit Inn. Immediately everybody was ushered inside, relieved to be out of the rain.

Alistar took off his soaking wet cloak, it had done some to protect him from the rain but he was still drenched to the bone. The group got a few stares as they settled themselves at a table, Alistar sat beside the window, his gaze on the distant storm.