The Adventures Of Skyrim Just Became More Epic!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Has Anyone EVER Tried This Tried This? My adventures just became MORE EPIC! This is more recommended for console players but you PC players go ahead and read! If you turn off your Brightness completely down and the HUD capacity completely down as well (1-3 times up is okay) including the subtitles off; it makes the game well.. more cinematic,it makes the graphics better and environmentally as-well example, beautiful at day and beautiful at night, i mean you actually have to use a torch this makes the game more realistic even in dungeons the game had a different feeling including fighting enemies, you also have to rely on your skill & magic when using stealth and not relying on your compass. This makes the game more realistic; you have to use your map more and clayavoyance even the road signs if your travelling somewhere. In my opinin it makes the game a whole lot better and more cinematic!

jarif

Has Anyone EVER Tried This Tried This? My adventures just became MORE EPIC! This is more recommended for console players but you PC players go ahead and read! If you turn off your Brightness completely down and the HUD capacity completely down as well (1-3 times up is okay) including the subtitles off; it makes the game well.. more cinematic,it makes the graphics better and environmentally as-well example, beautiful at day and beautiful at night, i mean you actually have to use a torch this makes the game more realistic even in dungeons the game had a different feeling including fighting enemies, you also have to rely on your skill & magic when using stealth and not relying on your compass. This makes the game more realistic; you have to use your map more and clayavoyance even the road signs if your travelling somewhere. In my opinin it makes the game a whole lot better and more cinematic!
By turning the subtitles of the voices stand out making the music and voices more enjoyable. This makes your roleplay better

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
Dark as hell! But its so beautiful at night and I had to use a torch in the dungeon. So beast.

doc108

I don't know about the subtitles. I would miss so much of what people are saying.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I don't know about the subtitles. I would miss so much of what people are saying.

and usually rather easy to ignore when needed, subtitles in this game at least, are unintrussive during the "Oh Sh#t" key you didn't assign!

Pileggi

I prefer the brightness turned up in the daytime or it makes Skyrim so bleak looking! Looks really awesome in the night and in dungeons though, much more realistic.

Another good tip I found to improve your RP experience is to wear a good pair of headphones during your playtime. I only did this yesterday and it made everything feel so real, the wind for example is always whistling in my ears when I'm outside where as before it was just in the background and I hardly ever noticed it.

It's great how you can change a few small things in this game and get a very different experience.

Dallas-Arbiter

Or instead of turning down the brightness, you could just get the Darker Nights/Darker interiors mods off the nexus, then also get CLO (it's not an ENB, it modifies the Imagespaces, and you can set it to however you want in game. You could make it look like an acid trip if you wanted). Anyway, you can have it really bright outside with CLO, darker than dark inside and at night with the Darker Nights/Darker Interior mods.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
It definitely makes archery even more fun! Not even using sarcasm.

jarif

Or instead of turning down the brightness, you could just get the Darker Nights/Darker interiors mods off the nexus, then also get CLO (it's not an ENB, it modifies the Imagespaces, and you can set it to however you want in game. You could make it look like an acid trip if you wanted). Anyway, you can have it really bright outside with CLO, darker than dark inside and at night with the Darker Nights/Darker Interior mods.
well i did say this was for console players

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I want to try doing all that, except the brightness all the way down. Maybe partly down?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
up to you but below 50 or 45% id say

Agreed. I usually keep my game subtitles on because I don't like to miss words, but it would be interesting. And removing the HUD would be tough because you can't see your health bar, but it definitely would be more realistic. You also wouldn't have the compass to guide you, you can just roam and find locations the old-fashioned way!

jarif

c
Agreed. I usually keep my game subtitles on because I don't like to miss words, but it would be interesting. And removing the HUD would be tough because you can't see your health bar, but it definitely would be more realistic. You also wouldn't have the compass to guide you, you can just roam and find locations the old-fashioned way!
good ol clairvoyance

TomatoThief

Darkness was a core element of horror in Doom 3. In many rooms, using a flashlight was the only way to navigate, but using a weapon prohibited use of the flashlight (thus you were faced with visibility, or fighting in the dark). The ridiculousness of this led the creating of a mod called "Duct Tape", whereby the flashlight was taped to your gun.

This thread topic sparked my memory of Doom 3, and caused me to imagine a Skyrim equivalent. It would have to be a torch lashed to a warhammer. First person to photoshop an example of this gets +rep from me.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
This thread topic sparked my memory of Doom 3, and caused me to imagine a Skyrim equivalent. It would have to be a torch lashed to a warhammer. First person to photoshop an example of this gets +rep from me.

I would LOVE to see someone pull this off for a mod :D Pretty funny. Don't some guns have built-in flashlights though? Some games will do that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts