• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JB4IV

So I've finished the Thalmor Embassy quest, and I go to find whatsherface, and every time I go into a town, the guards and such try to kill me?
I feel dumb for asking, but what do I have to do to get them to stop so I can continue in the game!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
So I've finished the Thalmor Embassy quest, and I go to find whatsherface, and every time I go into a town, the guards and such try to kill me?
I feel dumb for asking, but what do I have to do to get them to stop so I can continue in the game!

Welcome JB!

Well your problem could be a couple of things....

1. You have a large bounty. If you have a bounty, you could unsheath and sheath your weapon and see if a guard will bring up dialogue with you that you can address your bounty.

2. You have Stage IV Vampirism. Check your Active Effects and see if you possibly contracted Sanguinaris Vampiris somewhere. You may have to either feed or look for a cure, that's your choice.

JB4IV

Welcome JB!

Well your problem could be a couple of things....

1. You have a large bounty. If you have a bounty, you could unsheath and sheath your weapon and see if a guard will bring up dialogue with you that you can address your bounty.

2. You have Stage IV Vampirism. Check your Active Effects and see if you possibly contracted Sanguinaris Vampiris somewhere. You may have to either feed or look for a cure, that's your choice.

When I step outside, it goes really bright for a second, and now it's started going red, does that mean I have Vampirism? (sorry I just started playing again after a long time off, still feeling kinda noobis)

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
When I step outside, it goes really bright for a second, and now it's started going red, does that mean I have Vampirism? (sorry I just started playing again after a long time off, still feeling kinda noobis)

Yep.

From here, you can choose to feed... this will keep your vampirism, but lower its stage so that you can safely walk around town... you will need to find a sleeping victim to feed off of. A single feeding will lower your vampirism from Stage IV to Stage I.

Or... you could head to Morthal and talk to Falion. He will set you on a quest for a cure. (Edit: you may have to lower your vampirism stage in order to safely talk to him, not 100% sure on this).

Going forward, if you do happen to contract vampirism, you can cure it with a "Cure Disease" potion. At this point though, I think you're too far along to have it be effective.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
MushroomGenius is right on all counts - although the disease you want to watch for (that can be cured with a potion) is Sanguinae Vampiris. If you don't get that cured within 3 days you become a vampire.

For further details on the costs and benefits of vampirism, feeding tips and getting cured, the UESPWiki article is a great place to look - Skyrim:Vampirism - UESPWiki

(I link to the UESPWiki so often, I should be taking payments from them... :p)