• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
hey guys, do you know where to find items that are fairly strong but easily acquirable early game?

you know, something along the lines of:
*voldendrung, strongest base damage two handed weapon along with full orc armor set at level 9 (yes this is easy, even at master)
*ebony shield at the labyrinthian, along with the unburned helm and that fire sword. (staff of magnus quest)

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
Elven bow in a display case in The Companions' mead hall, Aela's room.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
is this always there? i must check! currently level 1 now, that would be really strong.
Yup, always there. I forgot to mention that the display case is locked (expet level), if your not good at lockpicking make sure you bring plenty of picks.

Yup, always there. I forgot to mention that the display case is locked (expet level), if your not good at lockpicking make sure you bring plenty of picks.
no worries, im good with picking, plus there's a dwarven sword! sweet! haha. never thought i could start out like this. orc set minus gloves, elven bow, dwarven sword. all I need is a decent shield aside from orc shield, or another decent 1 hand weapon, and gloves, but gloves are hard to come by. i prefer heavy, but i guess pugilist gloves will do.

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
There are lots of Dwarven weapons in the Dwemer Museum in Markath. Real quick quest to gain access to it, or you could just sneak in. For the shield, you mentioned an ebony one in Labyrinthian.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
I think being a High Elf, wearing the Novice hood, you can cast Mystic Bound Bow (180 casting cost) from level 3, and it is as strong as an Exquisite Daedric Bow, along with Daedric arrows. You won't beat this until you get the Ebony Smithing perk and smith yourself an Epic Ebony bow (80 smithing and perk), assuming you have a constant supply of Daedric arrows as well.

You do have to beat a few mages at Fort Amol for the Bound Bow spell though, can be tricky.

The bound sword is only as strong as an unsmithed Daedric sword, which you can beat with an Exquisite Dwarven sword (smithing 40 and perk). But yeah, for early game, all you have to do is put your first 2 perks into Conjuration to get Mystic Binding, then you have very strong weapons immediately.

Jaeger

The Dwarven Storeroom at Mzulft (southeast of Windhelm) always has a magic 2 hander axe. Plus a lot of dwarven ingots and junk if you're going the heavy armor side.either take the carriage to Windhem or run past the bandits at valtheim towers (sometimes she asks for gold to pass).

There's another Dwemer tower in the reach that has ingots and junk w/ no critters to kill. As long as you don't get too high in level, you should be safe. If you want to level smithing fast...

Jaeger

I think being a High Elf, wearing the Novice hood, you can cast Mystic Bound Bow (180 casting cost) from level 3, and it is as strong as an Exquisite Daedric Bow, along with Daedric arrows. You won't beat this until you get the Ebony Smithing perk and smith yourself an Epic Ebony bow (80 smithing and perk), assuming you have a constant supply of Daedric arrows as well.

You do have to beat a few mages at Fort Amol for the Bound Bow spell though, can be tricky.

The bound sword is only as strong as an unsmithed Daedric sword, which you can beat with an Exquisite Dwarven sword (smithing 40 and perk). But yeah, for early game, all you have to do is put your first 2 perks into Conjuration to get Mystic Binding, then you have very strong weapons immediately.

I did that with a low level Breton, agent of Mara, killed the three bandits at the lord stone; Fort Amol wasn't doodoo then.

Adam Warlock

no worries, im good with picking, plus there's a dwarven sword! sweet! haha. never thought i could start out like this. orc set minus gloves, elven bow, dwarven sword. all I need is a decent shield aside from orc shield, or another decent 1 hand weapon, and gloves, but gloves are hard to come by. i prefer heavy, but i guess pugilist gloves will do.
Ironhand Gauntlets at White River Watch could serve you well in early game , especially if a 2h fighter. You only need the Steel perk to improve them and the added enchant is a 15% 2h boost.
Once you get past the bandits , the boss will be alone and you can snipe him to avoid taking damage if you like. Also easy to shout him off the cliff but then you gotta go look for your gloves

Golgo_SPB

right behind the shed closest to the bridge in Narzulbur will always be a pair of ebony boots I believe. but you gotta steal it and be allowed in a orc stronghold.

w0w this is great info guys! :D that ironhand gauntlets rock! i've yet to see the ebony boots. i think i'm gonna pass up the conjure bound weapons this time. great info though! i might do that some time. :) i don't think i'll go the smithing route. he may be the best fighter, but he can't make stuff. :D

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
There are lots of Dwarven weapons in the Dwemer Museum in Markath. Real quick quest to gain access to it, or you could just sneak in.

This. And a million things to melt down for ingots too. Oh, and some skill books.

ShadowGambit

There is an Elven Sword in a lock display case just when you enter the Jarl Quarter in dragonsreach.

So with the Elven bow from Aela room, you have your weapon set.

Note for the thieves: Delphine, in the Inn at Riverwood, carries an elven Dagger and an orcish bow that you can pickpocket as soon as you get there. I advise you to pickpocket EVERYONE else in town before trying this, to level your pickpocket a bit.

Also, when you pickpocket either the Orcish bow or the elven dagger, the other disappears from the list (Delphine will "equip" it). You will have to wait for her to go to sleep to be able to pickpocket the second weapon.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Ironhand Gauntlets at White River Watch could serve you well in early game , especially if a 2h fighter. You only need the Steel perk to improve them and the added enchant is a 15% 2h boost.

You would also need the "Arcane Blacksmith" perk no?

Still, good item to have early-on upgraded or not. Nice suggestion!

Morgan

Once you get past the bandits , the boss will be alone and you can snipe him to avoid taking damage if you like. Also easy to shout him off the cliff but then you gotta go look for your gloves

I found out, quite accidently, that if you climb down the mountain from High Hrothgar in just the right place you can get to the WRW bandit leader directly, without going through the cave. You'll also be able to perch on a ledge high above him and snipe to your heart's content. I even had him fall to a lower ledge trying to get up at me once. That was funny. All he could do was stand down there shouting threats at me while I looted his chest.

meh. hidden chest is hidden. it's not easter chest, it's not anything. it's method to put shop things. that chest does not exist, and your post had nothing in it. :D

Dawnstar Guard: You, you didn't hear this from me, but there's a "Hidden Chest" around here. Invisible, but contains lots of items to set you for life.
Me: (sneaks to the back) Backstab damage x30