• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
Recently I have noticed these forums "slowing down", less posts, people make accounts only to never post on them, and just read the forums. Which is good for generating site traffic, and it is useful for gathering information, but soon this site will drop down from being a forum, to just an information archive, and I do not want that to happen! Anyone have any ideas to keep this up as a functioning forum?

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
We definitely have slowed down a bit, but there's nothing I can really do.

We were bursting with activity and posts in the first 2 weeks of Skyrim's release as many questions needed to be asked etc etc, but now people can just search for the information people have asked to get an answer.

When more updates/DLC are released I'm sure we'll start to speed up again.

Just stats wise, we haven't seen any decrease in daily pageviews, but we've seen a decrease in the number of people registering and posting.

So while the traffic has been nearly exactly the same activity has decreased. Probably just trends.

vincent

SC2: DudeMan 346
I havent really noticed. I just kind of get on and browse. Maybe we are in like different sections of the forums Tes because I never see you post, now that i think about it. I see some but ya.. I'm just a simple dude though. Spew out a word or two every hour and you will have my attention :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yeah, I also thought that we stayed pretty consistent after this initial rush.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
maybe around Christmas we'll see a speed up, when people get the game for that holiday, and as Renegader said, things will definitely speed up around DLC time.

Khazrihl

Yea, I'm still enjoying these forums. They are well designed.

Stone

Retired Moderator
We might lose alot of traffic at christmas,

but there's always the chance that traffic is increased due to people buying Skyrim at christmas and therefore joining the forums.

Two ways it could go.

Khazrihl

We might lose alot of traffic at christmas,

but there's always the chance that traffic is increased due to people buying Skyrim at christmas and therefore joining the forums.

Two ways it could go.

That's true, we have to consider some people that bought it, played it... and it's sitting in their 'Meh" pile of games. With only maybe 15 hrs of play and got bored.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Forums tend to become very repetitive which bothers me a little but it is inevitable. I post less these days simply because of that. Also, the forum is less active now for some obvious reasons. You don't play Skyrim forever and never get sick of it. But that doesn't mean that every member here will eventually stop coming here. TES games always have mod to have the game playable indefinitely. Once the modding community explode, it will be consistently active.

Lemviticus

Although I have only just joined, and therefore don't know what the forum was like in the initial rush stage for the release, I think that the posters here are pretty consistent. We also have a really friendly community here, which encourages members to stay :)
I'd have to agree with a lot of the other posters in this thread as well, I imagine as people get the game for Christmas, the forums will have a little rush!

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
Put up a big sign saying "Free Beer Tomorrow" that would make come back everyday!!!!!

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Having owned & played a major role in other gaming forums such as Moderator & Admin I can speak from experience here. It's a bit like surfing, one day it's full on with good waves & the next it's flat as.

All the big gaming forums have their busy periods where there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to monitor the forums & get in some gaming time. Then they hit a trough and it seems that no seems to be posting, most likely because they are just gaming or it may well be that they have other commitments especially with Christmas.

This forum is one the biggest & best forums that I have seen in a long time & I've been gaming for a very long time and it will prevail. My advice is to take a breath & enjoy some gaming time cause things will get hectic again real soon and then you will wish it'll slow down for a bit so you can game or whatever........lol

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I haven't been as active, but that's because i've been doing a lot of tournaments and LAN parties. I'm also starting a new job Jan 2nd, so i'll be off and on. I mean there are situations people run into that can take them away from their forum time. If I had a smart phone I could chat more, but I don't.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I told you......lol :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts